ErPupone
RedOranje
Rossonero23
Nishankly
McLewis
49 posters

Page 20 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Go down

AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II - Page 20 Empty Re: AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II

Post by Eivindo Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:46 am

flameas wrote:I *bleep* hate our management. Someone will get stabbed.
That might actually happen now Very Happy Make the Laziale proud.

Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II - Page 20 Empty Re: AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II

Post by Eivindo Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:49 am

Art Morte wrote:It is really surprising if Roma sell Lamela in this window. I wouldn't think the club needs that money to run the business. I suppose the only explanation is that Roma think that they won't receive offers higher than €30m in the future and rather take the money - it's a lot of money - and try to spend it wisely. But that's without considering that Roma are one of those clubs who are expected to be competing at the top in the present rather than aiming to peak in the future, in other words, expected not to sell their best players and replace them with potential future stars.
Might seem like the owners are holding out for a pretty long term project here in Rome. They havent even presented the final stadium plans yet, and with the bureaucracy it will take many years. I think they feel there is no rush.

Roma deserve a fantastic stadium. I mean, what a beautiful city.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:29 pm

I hate this sale with a passion....but I understand it.

Pallotta said he's going to run this club like a business. We got an 18-year old Lamela from River for approximately 20m and are selling him on 2 years later at 35m. Business is about profit and that's what this deal is. It's cold as hell and as far from a footballing mentality as could be imagined right now, but it's Pallotta being true to his word. What I don't like is that this is only a 10m profit when it probably could've been a potentially 20m profit if we had held out longer at 45m. We also have to remember that Spurs are doubling Lamela's wages with a 4m a year package....a figure we simply can't compete with right now. This is really a no-brainer for his agents.

From a footballing perspective, that's where the real pain is. This essentially means that Gervinho is officially Lamela's replacement. The plan was never to play them on either side of a striker like Destro or Totti apparently.

We are going to struggle to bring in a player equal to or better than Lamela with 10 days left of the window. Adrian Lopez doesn't appear to be particularly prolific judging solely on numbers and Demba Ba looks more an Osvaldo replacement than a Lamela replacement.

Gonna be a nervy 10 days and this mean this team now needs to win this weekend at Livorno.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Does the club think that Lamela's talent is all topped now? scratch

Wait 2 years and sell him for twice that price. Match his wage increase, it'll pay out in the long term and in the short you will retain a key player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Does the club think that Lamela's talent is all topped now? scratch

Wait 2 years and sell him for twice that price. Match his wage increase, it'll pay out in the long term and in the short you will retain a key player.
It's hard to tell who exactly is in the driving seat of this deal honestly. I have to believe that Sabatini has some part in it, but damn that would be cold after all he did to get Passarella to let him go from River.

I definitely don't think it's about Coco's talent though. That's undeniable and I think his performances under Zeman was merely the tip of the iceberg.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Im not even sure this sale makes sense as a business move McLewis...

I mean, its like getting over excited on a stock and selling because it jumped up a few points instead of riding it out and make a killing. Selling one of the most promising young players in Europe before hes even blown up yet is just no logical for me. We have pulled in nearly 50 mil this summer (not including our buys obv). This just seems absurd. Lamela could very well have a 20-30 goal season and see his price rise up easily to 45-50 mil by next summer, maybe more. Hell Cavani just went for 60, Bale could go for 100. Why not just be patient and REALLY cash in on Lamela if we are going the business route... And if he doesent have that kind of season im sure he will remain in the same value range by next summer. Everyone can see hes a real gem and a star in the making...Something just dosent seem right about this move to me.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:41 am

That Hitler video is epic, it realyl says it all. "Hunger to win".. more like "hunger for profits"..

And if Gervinho is our star sigining for the forward line then shoot me now.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:45 am

30 million is just not a kill these days. You gotta move up to 40, like Porto would have done easily. I think this is the most anoying thing about this transfer.

Still believe you can fight for EL somehow over Nazio
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:47 am

IL Gladiatore wrote:
ROFL

I enjoy when Hitler says a name it gets translated Very Happy Himmler - Coco
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:56 pm

DiRocco wrote:Im not even sure this sale makes sense as a business move McLewis...

I mean, its like getting over excited on a stock and selling because it jumped up a few points instead of riding it out and make a killing. Selling one of the most promising young players in Europe before hes even blown up yet is just no logical for me. We have pulled in nearly 50 mil this summer (not including our buys obv). This just seems absurd. Lamela could very well have a 20-30 goal season and see his price rise up easily to 45-50 mil by next summer, maybe more. Hell Cavani just went for 60, Bale could go for 100. Why not just be patient and REALLY cash in on Lamela if we are going the business route... And if he doesent have that kind of season im sure he will remain in the same value range by next summer. Everyone can see hes a real gem and a star in the making...Something just dosent seem right about this move to me.
Well this move is the exact antithesis of the business we did with Marquinhos. Gotta remember...Barca and Chelsea wanted him for 25-28m and we held out for 35. Totally agree that if we're going to sell Lamela, we should've made it known earlier and then played hardball until Spurs gave us the price we wanted (40+). We didn't do any of those things, which makes this look incredibly rushed and just outright bad.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Wait is Lamela official?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:50 am

I am super gutted or will be, if Lamela indeed goes to Spurs. I really believe in this Roma's project, and Lamela would have been part of that success, without him, i am not sure Roma can reach its objective. its just terrible decision taken by club. yes they would make profit, but ... CL spot is a real goal for Roma, and now they just have delayed themselves...

i really can't come to comprehension, how Roma directors would even think of selling Lamela...there was absolutely no need right now

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:11 am

Are we having a small scale fire sale at Roma? Now Bradley is available for purchase :facepalm: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Yeah heard Sunderland might have bid for him. I'd like to think Roma wouldn't entertain the idea, but....well we thought the same about Lamela after all Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:02 pm

Rolling Eyes any chance of Roma played along with chelsea to snap Willian by Lamela? and then we get demba ba cheap?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Please... no Demba ba or Matri. Thats all im asking.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:32 pm

id rather keep Lamela and get no one
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:44 pm

To be fair, Matri would bring more than football to the team :coffee: 

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:32 pm

What a Face Matri hell no Okaka=Matri
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:38 pm

Ljajic will be better than Lamela tbh. Perhaps you are not screwed after all. We wanted Ljajic but Fiorentina dont like us Sad
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:02 am

Still seems to be reports about that we are still trying to get Bradley off you but I cant see it happening.

Is he actually any good ?. I have only really seen him play a couple of times in his spell at villa.

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:15 am

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:Still seems to be reports about that we are still trying to get Bradley off you but I cant see it happening.

Is he actually any good ?.  I have only really seen him play a couple of times in his spell at villa.

Bradley is FANTASTIC. One of the most underrated midfielders in europe IMO. His game has grown a lot during his time in Italy and I think he could step into any top team and not miss a beat. He runs for days, he is technically sound, and he seems to have a nack for being in the right place at the right time.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:07 pm

If Ljalic comes then we need just a pure striker. Wish we could bid for Benteke.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 pm

James Horncastle : "Roma Cares? About what? Winning the scudeto? Then why are they selling Lamela?"
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:12 am

"Roma are set to open talks with Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday regarding a move for out-of-favour defender Mamadou Sakho."

Emm.. we need strikers. Sakho would be great, but not our first priority.

flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next