Mr Nick09
rwo power
S
113 posters

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

Olivier Giroud - Page 3 Empty Re: Olivier Giroud

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 01, 2012 4:18 pm

I am talking about their career numbers. before his wonder season, gignac had never scored 10 goal in a season, and then all of a sudden he scored 25, but the season after dropped down to 11.

While Giroud has had 14+ goals season for the past 5 years. from Ligue 2 to Ligue 1, he showed constant and obvious progression every year of football he played.

that's a huge difference, one was an obvious one season wonder, the other is a legit talent in progression.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue May 01, 2012 4:30 pm

I know I sound completely crazy by saying Gomez isn't the perfect fit for Bayern but he isn't. Yes I know he's banging in 39+ goals a season but his technique is sorely lacking and when you come up against tight and compact defences like BVB and things get technical you want someone with attributes that can beast indoor football - And I don't see Gomez beasting indoor-football at all/

The one bright point is that his technicality has increased over the past season, but his first touch is still really, really bad.

But then again, I could be severely underestimating his positioning since I share a lot of attributes with Gomez qua playing style.

Last edited by Phritz on Tue May 01, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed May 09, 2012 10:49 am

it's just a matter of time, before he officially sign for us...

I will be proud if our board can pull this off, after how many years of Gomez as our only good striker
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Disappointing if he goes to Bayern, there is better to do than becoming Gomez personal ass wipe.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed May 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Disappointing if he goes to Bayern, there is better to do than becoming Gomez personal ass wipe.

"It's not unthinkable that Gomez and I rotate a bit because of the huge amount of matches Bayern play in various competitions. Gomez would probably be first choice in the big games at this point."
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu May 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Idrisozet wrote:it's just a matter of time, before he officially sign for us...

I will be proud if our board can pull this off, after how many years of Gomez as our only good striker
Idrisozet wrote:Guidetti is better, he's too similar to Gomez.

I want Guidetti and Pizarro in Bayern Munchen next season..

????

anyway , i think the transfer is as good as done after the SportBILD interview, hope he is good i didn't watch him tbh
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu May 10, 2012 7:42 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:it's just a matter of time, before he officially sign for us...

Idrisozet wrote:Guidetti is better, he's too similar to Gomez.

I want Guidetti and Pizarro in Bayern Munchen next season..

????

anyway , i think the transfer is as good as done after the SportBILD interview, hope he is good i didn't watch him tbh

I prefer Guidetti but clearly if our board stick to Giraud what do you expect me to say, criticise them.

They are both Good players but personally I think I would rather have Guidetti but I guess the board has more football knowledge than I do.

and there is no way those statement are conflicting each other.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 10, 2012 9:02 pm

I wouldn't be too worried about playing time, Gomez would've played a lot less "unimportant" matches if Petersen hadn't disappointed - and if Giroud proves himself, they'll probably eventually rotate as equals. And if his style fits Bayern better than Gomez' does, well, then it's bye-bye Mario, he's not a Bayern youth product or anything, he's just as good as the goals he delivers.

Sounds harsh, but he isn't Schweinsteiger.
I still probably wouldn't go to Bayern if I were Giroud as well, but, then again, where else would I go? Still a decent shot, and one of the best teams currently around, with exactly zero important players leaving in the next two seasons.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri May 11, 2012 12:44 am

"In truth I simply have lots of opinion, and write it down here. Sometimes I’m wrong. And sometimes I’m partly wrong, but modify my opinion in response to what others write here. I really have learnt a lot from others during my 11months here on Goallegacy.

I think that that Liverpool v Chelsea match, is a great study in what a tall, powerful striker, who is good in the air, can do for a team. The full match is available online, and if anyone is interested and has 90 min to spare sometime, it/Andy Carroll is worth watching.

Liverpool vs Chelsea 08 May 2012 Full Match

I’ve been thinking further about Giroud’s saying that he would be OK as No2 behind Gomez. That may not be such a big statement. What other club anywhere near the global status of Bayern would take him on as No1 striker? Here are the candidates:
Barcelona – Villa will probably return to No 1, but they have a couple of other good strikers.
Real Madrid – Benzema will remain No 1, with some playing time for No 2 because Morinho rotates well, but it is sounding more likely that that No 2 will be Higuan.
Manchester United – Rooney will remain No 1, with Welbeck probably No 2. Giroud would do no better than Berbatov there.
Manchester City – With Tevez, Ballotelli, Aguero and Dzeko there, that is about the last club for Giroud to go to to progress his career.
Arsenal – Van Persie will remain an unchallengeable No 1, with little playing time for No 2 unless they play with 2 strikers.
Chelsea – Torres will remain No 1, and Drogba may get an extended contract as No 2. Otherwise there is Sturridge as No2.
Liverpool – Suarez and the rejuvenated Carroll will remain No 1 and No 2. They are now looking good together, and Daglish is unlikely to buy any further strikers in the Carroll mould.
Tottenham – With Adebayor, Saha and Defoe on their books, Giroud would have to fight for a place, but might establish himself.
Dortmund – Lewandoski will remain No 1, with little playing time for No 2 – as Barrios discovered last season.
(Many of these clubs have shown no interest in Giroud anyway.)

That brings us back to Bayern. Gomez is good, but Bayern has no serious No 2 striker. And Gomez has off days, where he could get substituted at around 60 min. As far as progress and playing opportunities go, there is hardly any other big club looking as attractive to Giroud as Bayern.

Gomez as No 1 is not an unshakeable arrangement either. Giroud could well think that if he had the chances that Ribery, Kroos, Mueller and Schweinsteiger put on a plate for a striker, he’d convert as many of them as Gomez. If he can play better than Gomez – and he may well think that he can – he could be starting as often as Gomez by the end of the season.

I’m not claiming that any of this is definite; I’m merely saying that Giroud could have thought all this through, and would conclude that coming to Bayern, to start as No 2 behind Gomez, could be a very attractive opening, and one of the most attractive that any big club is offering at this moment in time.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 11, 2012 12:49 am

he could easily be n1 at Tottenham, specially when they are not willing to pay the ridiculous wages of Adebayor.

Juventus is looking for a starting CF.

Inter might look for a CF with Milito going old and pazzini being crap

Job can open at Valencia, Malaga, or Atletico next summer,

what you say about Bayern can just as easily apply to Arsenal or Dortmund

PSG still on the market for a CF

lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 12:55 am

Nick..I know nothing about him, but if he's in any way similar to Rondon I'd say no to him at Malaga.

Juanmi is one of the most promising strikers in the wrold anyway.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 11, 2012 1:07 am

Well, from what I read at sport1.de, Giroud was specifically interested in joining Bayern as he did some inquiries and he was positive as Bayern always treated their Frenchies well.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri May 11, 2012 1:19 am

We've only had Lizerazu Sagnol and Ribéry scratch
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri May 11, 2012 1:24 am

Phritz wrote:We've only had Lizerazu Sagnol and Ribéry scratch

That's too much of French players in 1 decade
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 am

Phritz wrote:We've only had Lizerazu Sagnol and Ribéry scratch
But it seems that these guys were so happy in Munich that it made him curious. Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri May 11, 2012 10:02 am

Yeah I read that Giroud statement, he said Bayern are well-known in France for treating their players really well. Which I guess is true, but I assumed pretty much all clubs try to do that.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 11, 2012 11:01 am

I guess he might have been impressed that Bayern even stand beside their players in really dire straits (see Ribéry's problems with that prostitute, now Breno).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri May 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Since it's such a Hot Topic and since I have the original interview right in front of me, I thought of translating interesting parts of it. There's questions about Mario Gomez but I'll just put one because other sources have resumed that already.

SportBild: What team will be you be cheering for in the CL-Final?

Giroud (25): Since I've been a kid, I've been always interested in English football, but after the WC 2006 in Germany I've developed a liking in the Bundesliga. I love how the stadiums are filled with fans and the atmosphere is second to none. EPL and BL would be my choice, should I leave my current club. In the final I'll be a bit more inclined towards Bayern.

SB: Have you had talks with Ribery or has he in anyway persuaded you to come to Bayern?

G: Yeah, Ribery even stated in a TV show "Tele Foot" that I should join Bayern! He has told me about the life in Germany and about the Bundesliga. (In a positive manner)

Have you had talks with Bayern?

My manager has, yes.

Tottenham and Liverpool have you in their radar. What differences to you see between EPL and BL?

I'd say EPL is at the moment a step higher than BL. But because of the fanscene, the great stadium attendance and many other great players, it's the BL that has cought my interest. Moneywise it seems like the BL is catching up, too.

Gomez would probably be option No1. What is your idea of beeing part of the team (if you'd come to Bayern)?

This I have aknowledged. Gomez would be my contender and I know he is one of the best Europe has to offer. I think I would be up to the task!
I can image that because of the many matches that Bayern has to play, Gomez won't be able to play and be top-fit in all of them, that's where I come into play. For the important clashes he'll be there for sure.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 11, 2012 8:17 pm

So its confirmed ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri May 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Surag wrote:So its confirmed ?

Not yet....

Bayern are likely to confirm 4 signings after champions league final, in this order.

1 Tom Starke
2 Giroud
3 Weiser
4 Sahin.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Bayern are building a dynasty.Looks like golden period for Bayern has truly begun..With FFP they'll become even stronger as they're so financially healthy.

Good times for Bayern Fans.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri May 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Surag wrote:Looks like Bayern are building a dynasty.Looks like golden period for Bayern has truly begun..With FFP they'll become even stronger as they're so financially healthy.

Good times for Bayern Fans.

Yeah, our policy is finally paying off.

We can even afford to buy more if we choose to. Very Happy

Initially the board wanted a striker worth 40million, but I think they have re-evaluated this, price doesn't always amount to quality.

Say for example look at Fabio Coentrao and compare him to Rafinha or David Alaba.

So maybe Giroud will even be better than any 40million striker out there, at least as a Bayern fan thats what we hope for.

Just to point out, the transfer fee of all four players put together including Shaqiri and Dante is less than £40million, so it's not much of a big deal, financially.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 11, 2012 8:33 pm

It has been good choices at the end of the day though.Bayern are doing well for signing an under the radar player for their bomb forward addition.

Hoeness even said that Bayern will officially become the richest club in the world if the stadium debt is paid off and Bayern will have an additional 20-30 m for transfers to their initial budget every season as well.Maybe then you can choose to sign superstar players.

Add to that Bayern have a brilliant youth academy..Bayern are truly a role model club in every aspect.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri May 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Surag wrote:It has been good choices at the end of the day though.Bayern are doing well for signing an under the radar player for their bomb forward addition.

Hoeness even said that Bayern will officially become the richest club in the world if the stadium debt is be paid off and Bayern will have an additional 20-30 m for transfers every season as well.Maybe then you can choose to sign superstar players.

Add to that Bayern have a brilliant youth academy..Bayern are truly a role model club in every aspect.

Thanks Broh Very Happy

I don't know maybe by next season, if we make all these signings, We'll have a complete 1st and 2nd team full of young players and all we need to do is replace Van Buyten(2013-14) and concentrate in our youth Academy for 3years.

Maybe we might not even need big name signing for a while or so, lets say 2-4 years(excluding Howedes who is likely to replace DVB)

The only time big name signing might be needed is in 3years time, when Robben/Lahm are 32 and Ribery 33, but then again we'll have Weiser/Shaqiri/Muller/Kroos/Alaba, Who all will be big names by then and ready to replace them.

So maybe we'll end up signing other players in thesame calibre with Shaqiri now, so they can replace them and the circle continues

We need to groom more players like Lahm and Schweini.

it's seems like it will be a win win scenario for us

Last edited by Idrisozet on Fri May 11, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Frankly, I'd prefer they don't make superstar signings, but rather that they make superstars. That is far more wise than throwing out humongous amounts of money for so-called big name players who most of the time are just mercenaries, and the club is even cooler for it.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri May 11, 2012 8:48 pm

rwo power wrote:Frankly, I'd prefer they don't make superstar signings, but rather that they make superstars. That is far more wise than throwing out humongous amounts of money for so-called big name players who most of the time are just mercenaries, and the club is even cooler for it.

Thanks....That's what I am trying to say.

It's seems that's how our system has been designed.

Weiser to replace Lahm like Lahm replaced Sagnol

Kroos to replace Schweini like Schweini replaced Hargreaves

it a circle and it goes on and on.

No big name signing, just normal talented youth players we always buy and some good back-up.

Every now or then we might need 1 or 2 big names in every 3season or so.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next