Mr Nick09
rwo power
S
113 posters

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

Olivier Giroud - Page 4 Empty Re: Olivier Giroud

Post by The Messiah Sat May 12, 2012 12:18 am

rwo power wrote:Frankly, I'd prefer they don't make superstar signings, but rather that they make superstars. That is far more wise than throwing out humongous amounts of money for so-called big name players who most of the time are just mercenaries, and the club is even cooler for it.

Thanks....That's what I am trying to say.

It's seems that's how our system has been designed.

Weiser to replace Lahm like Lahm replaced Sagnol

Kroos to replace Schweini like Schweini replaced Hargreaves

it a circle and it goes on and on.

No big name signing, just normal talented youth players we always buy and some good back-up.

Every now or then we might need 1 or 2 big names in every 3season or so.

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 12, 2012 12:20 am

rwo power wrote:Frankly, I'd prefer they don't make superstar signings, but rather that they make superstars. That is far more wise than throwing out humongous amounts of money for so-called big name players who most of the time are just mercenaries, and the club is even cooler for it.

Though it might be helpful in increasing the popularity of the club and bringing in more fans in which would also inevitably increase jersey sales if a superstar was brought in.

I'm looking at the other side of things as well.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 12, 2012 12:28 am

Surag wrote:

Though it might be helpful in increasing the popularity of the club and bringing in more fans in which would also inevitably increase jersey sales if a superstar was brought in.

Playing 5 Champions league final in 10years and winning it at least 3-4 times will be sufficient for our global popularity, say for example look at Barca, singing big names didn't give them that popularity.

Anyways, we're already playing 2 cpl final in 3 years (might even win it this year) with a weaker squad, compare to what we'll have next season and season after.

Also if our players perform international with national teams like they always do, then I guess that will also burst our popularity.

Muller and Oezil made a name for themselves in 2010, one way or the other that would have helped Madrid and Bayern

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 12, 2012 12:38 am

Thats a fair point.

Yes Bayern are very popular already.they were very popular before too as they had many German players who were killing at NT level in WC and Euros which brings a larger global audience.That got many fans into supporting Bayern despite Bundesliga not really being one of the best leagues in the world.

You could probably see the new generation of Bayern players like Kroos ,Mueller etc acclaim global popularity in years to come provided Bayern consistently beast it in the Champions League along with German NT.

Though other than Robben and to an extent Ribery and Schweini none have really built a global image upon themselves..It could change in the coming years.

South Americans are popular all over the world..Look at Neymar ,he is already so popular more so than most Bayern players at the age of 20.Signing someone like him in the future would take Bayern's popularity at the level of Barca and Madrid.

Afterall Hoeness is a marketing king..He knows best at the end of the day.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat May 12, 2012 12:42 am

Surag wrote:

Well, the superstars you buy have become superstars first, too. I think it is much cooler when the new superstars actually come from your own team. I mean, if you look at Schweinsteiger or Lahm and soon Kroos, maybe Alaba etc - they are or will become household names, too, and sell shirts, even if they weren't bought for big cash.

And it is not as if there is not one or the other already big player that came in (Ribéry, Robben, Gomez, Neuer...), but except for Gomez they came for rather reasonable prices still.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 12, 2012 12:45 am

Surag wrote:Thats a fair point.

Yes Bayern are very popular already.they were very popular before too as they had many German players who were killing at NT level in WC and Euros which brings a larger global audience.That got many fans into supporting Bayern despite Bundesliga not really being one of the best leagues in the world.

You could probably see the new generation of Bayern players like Kroos ,Mueller etc acclaim global popularity in years to come provided Bayern consistently beast it in the Champions League along with German NT.

Though other than Robben and to an extent Ribery and Schweini none have really built a global image upon themselves..It could change in the coming years.

South Americans are popular all over the world..Look at Neymar ,he is already so popular more so than most Bayern players at the age of 20.Signing someone like him in the future would take Bayern's popularity at the level of Barca and Madrid.

Afterall Hoeness is a marketing king..He knows best at the end of the day.

Fair point bro

Personal I would prefer Neymar to Giroud, but it's step by step.

Few seasons ago, we couldn't even land players like Quaresma.

Now we can sign players like Robben.

and most young European players now have Bayern as their dream club, knowing how well we develop youth players.

So maybe in few years time, our prestige will be close to that of Madrid, Barcelona and United, that will allow us sign player like Neymar.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Sat May 12, 2012 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 12, 2012 12:48 am

a
rwo power wrote:
Surag wrote:

Well, the superstars you buy have become superstars first, too. I think it is much cooler when the new superstars actually come from your own team. I mean, if you look at Schweinsteiger or Lahm and soon Kroos, maybe Alaba etc - they are or will become household names, too, and sell shirts, even if they weren't bought for big cash.

And it is not as if there is not one or the other already big player that came in (Ribéry, Robben, Gomez, Neuer...), but except for Gomez they came for rather reasonable prices still.

In addition..to my point......(this) what Rwo Power just said.

Muller is already a household name by the way, but still not as popular as Neymar
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 12, 2012 12:54 am

rwo power wrote:Well, the superstars you buy have become superstars first, too. I think it is much cooler when the new superstars actually come from your own team. I mean, if you look at Schweinsteiger or Lahm and soon Kroos, maybe Alaba etc - they are or will become household names, too, and sell shirts, even if they weren't bought for big cash.

Agreed..And that is how Bayern have built a reputation upon themselves.

Yes they would be superstars in Germany but i wouldnt see them as being called 'superstars' in parts of the world where football isnt really popular.Neither they would be out and out shirt sellers as well as usually the attacking star players dominate normally in that aspect.

I'm pretty sure the signings of Ribery,Robben and Toni got many into watching Bundesliga.

A player like Neymar has massive drawing power since he's already so popular playing in the Brazilian League..Its fair to say that Brazilians grab the most attention in football so signing a player like Neymar would take Bayern to newer heights in terms of popularity..I'm just providing an example you know..He is not the be all end all anyway

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat May 12, 2012 12:59 am

Well, I think Bayern will be more careful with young Brazilian prospects after the Breno chaos. Fortunately, Gustavo is a very positive counter example, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat May 12, 2012 1:03 am

I will forever hate Bayern for that Gustavo transfer.

You single handedly ended what couldve been an amazing team and an even more amazing story.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 12, 2012 1:05 am

Le Samourai wrote:I will forever hate Bayern for that Gustavo transfer.

You single handedly ended what couldve been an amazing team and an even more amazing story.

lol...butthurt written all over this post
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat May 12, 2012 1:06 am

Dude Ragnick resigned the next day.....that transfer single handedly collapsed Hoffenheim's team mate.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 12, 2012 1:13 am

Le Samourai wrote:Dude Ragnick resigned the next day.....that transfer single handedly collapsed Hoffenheim's team mate.

He resigned for God knows why.

Look at it this way, Hoffeinham paid £880.000 for him in 2008 and we bought him from them two and a half year later for £14.960.000, Including Alaba on a loan deal.(That's way way more than 100 percent profit)

Isn't that better than what Madrid did with Khedira, Oezil and Sahin. Then add to that Podolski and Vidal, who all left their respective club for lesser amount of their value.

We paid more than Gustavo value out of desperation, after Van Bommel left.

If Hoffenheim didn't sell him, it was inevitable that he will leave for a much cheaper amount a season before his contract expires like most of them always do, etc, Khedira, Oezil, Sahin, Podolski, Cisse and list goes on and on.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat May 12, 2012 1:19 am

That's all fair...the difference....the coach of those respective teams ( the genius coach) didn't completely lose trust in the organization and quit on it. That was a great team that was going places and it all fell apart after that transfer.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 12, 2012 1:23 am

Le Samourai wrote:That's all fair...the difference....the coach of those respective teams ( the genius coach) didn't completely lose trust in the organization and quit on it. That was a great team that was going places and it all fell apart after that transfer.

Careful your butt is now showing.

Did Hitzfield resigned when United bought Hargreaves...?

Did Thomas resigned when Madrid got Oezil...?

Did Klopp lose trust in Borrusia Board when they sold Sahin..?

Would Klopp resign if Kagawa goes to United..?

Did Magath resigned when Ballack and Pizarro left for free..?

He didn't have the balls to face the challenges that every team face in the world..

Last edited by Idrisozet on Sat May 12, 2012 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sat May 12, 2012 1:26 am

actually the deal happened with out Ragnick knowing
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 12, 2012 1:29 am

Robbery wrote:actually the deal happened with out Ragnick knowing

and whose fault is that..?

I knew that Gustavo was coming even before we signed him.

I ask again whose fault was that....?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat May 12, 2012 1:31 am

I have nothing to be butthurt about here lol.

The signing killed that team and made him lose all trust in the organization....if your aim is to win Bundesliga and your board sells your best players to the best team in Bundesliga, without informing you of this beforehand, I think he's within reason to quit.

It killed the only team in Bundesliga worth watching.

It's probably more Hoffenheim's boards fault than anyones, but I still hate Bayern for pursuing it, I hate Hoffenheim's board even more for allowing it to happen.

It was a pretty stupid way to treat the guy almost won them the league 2 years after playing in the 3rd division.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 12, 2012 1:38 am

Le Samourai wrote:I have nothing to be butthurt about here lol.

The signing killed that team and made him lose all trust in the organization....if your aim is to win Bundesliga and your board sells your best players to the best team in Bundesliga, without informing you of this beforehand, I think he's within reason to quit.

It killed the only team in Bundesliga worth watching.

It's probably more Hoffenheim's boards fault than anyones, but I still hate Bayern for pursuing it, I hate Hoffenheim's board even more for allowing it to happen.

It was a pretty stupid way to treat the guy almost won them the league 2 years after playing in the 3rd division.

I just looked up your age and gender...because of this post
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 20, 2012 2:45 am

Today is the day when i endorse my boy Giroud going to Bayern Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun May 20, 2012 2:46 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Today is the day when i endorse my boy Giroud going to Bayern Laughing

He'll totally bench Gomez in less than 1 month
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 24, 2012 1:54 am

Giroud to Bayern is dead according to L'Equipe
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 24, 2012 2:07 am

Bayern just signed Pizarro that's why.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu May 24, 2012 10:02 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Bayern just signed Pizarro that's why.

The board have confirmed that Pizarro will be a 3rd choice and we're still going to sign 1 more striker.

especially since 2 strikers are leaving
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 24, 2012 11:52 am

And Matias Suarez is highly linked with Bayern München aswell. Atm we're after Giroud AFAIK. 8mln + Chamakh = Giroud. Seems like a good deal for us.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu May 24, 2012 12:02 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:And Matias Suarez is highly linked with Bayern München aswell. Atm we're after Giroud AFAIK. 8mln + Chamakh = Giroud. Seems like a good deal for us.

Are going to slay Giroud like you slew Chamakh..?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next