Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...?

+39
Gil
Firenze
BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
lszanto
SchinnerC
stevieg8
BeautifulGame
Art Morte
S
Onyx
sportsczy
Die Borussen
Sri
Emaharg
fatman123
chinomaster182
RedOranje
donttreadonred
Dutti
iftikhar
Red Alert
alexjanosik
windkick
Dnmac4
kabarca
Abramovich
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lord Hades
Jay29
StevieRayVaughan
Yeezus
poolsupporter
justdoit_
RealGunner
the xcx
Le Samourai
Nishankly
The Messiah
43 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...? Empty Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...?

Post by The Messiah Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:00 pm

What do you reckon, how can Liverpool incline back to their successful days..?

I reckon they needs to stop pretending about home-grown player thing and do it the Juventus way, Buy some good foreign player and get a decent coach not an out-dated one. look at how Juventus rejuvenated theirselves this season, with some good signings.

Many football lovers miss Liverpool in champions league, now they even struggle for Europa league.

Personally I will like to see Liverpool and Juventus doing it big again in cpl.

Last edited by The Messiah on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...? Empty Re: Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...?

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:03 pm

We are shit.
I got nothing more to say. I just hope we finish 7th next season and sell shit and sign some new players.
Transfer policy failed this season.

Even though we might get a cup double, Finishing 7th in the league[hopefully] is not acceptable.

If this form continues, Kenny should just resign with dignity.

/kneejerk+Im tired.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...? Empty Re: Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...?

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Qualified for Europa already....

UMAD.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Qualified for Europa already....

UMAD.

I didn't see them playing any European football this season, except for the junior team.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Beaten by Wigan Athletic in home Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Well....as for change of topic.

Listen to Rafa.

/thread.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Qualified for Europa already....

UMAD.

I didn't see them playing any European football this season, except for the junior team.

He means Liverpool have qualified for the EL through Carling cup win
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Spend a crapton of money.

No real other way around it.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Let's not blame all the players over and over again. It's ridiculous how some fans refuse to believe Kenny can do any wrong. Hell, go to a forum like TIA and they jump on you if you even suggest anything negative regarding Kenny.

Our signings have not panned out this season and the managerial decisions and role haven't been any better either.

I'm not sure whether a manager change is what is needed, but a change in the game plan is. (That is, in addition to a couple of new players)

With that said, here's hoping Raheem Sterling starts every remaining game this season or at least gets some playing time in them. He looks good.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:31 pm

Resign rafa, now that he's got the money and still has everyone's backing.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 pm

I felt Kenny was a good short-term solution because he could motivate those players to work extra bit harder. But I dont think his tactics are good enough. Liverpool can do better than Kenny. But they cant fire Kenny, so maybe they can promote Kenny to a higher position in the club. Or he could resign with dignity. Carling Cup wont be enough, after all, its just a Mickey Mouse trophy.

But then you do have to acknowledge that sometimes they are really unlucky, and sometimes the players let the club down. I mean winning 2-0, then losing 3--2 to QPR is a mentality problem with the players, I dont blame Kenny. There is only so much a manager can do.

Lot depends on the FA cup.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:36 pm

I think they had terrible signings last season, they could have done much better with money spent..
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:18 am

Idrisozet wrote:I think they had terrible signings last season, they could have done much better with money spent..

I don't blame them for the direction they took to be honest. During Rafa's campaign we've had a number of great signings, but we also bought a number of players who just couldn't settle down in the PL.

I think most LFC supporters will be happy we gave the whole British experience a try. That's not to say there aren't any good British players, but it just seems the players we bought do not fit the style of play we were looking to implement.

I think most signings for us at this point are going to be a risk. After a terrible season like this, the pressure is going to be enormous for next season.

The sad part, as I mentioned in the LFC section is that all we had this season were two domestic cup competitions and the league and yet we've been unable to get results in the league.

It's sad and I'm still sitting here frustrated at our performance and the result from today.

This summer is more crucial than the last one in my opinion. It will give us a good idea of who's in charge and what direction we plan on heading in. It's safe to say FSG bought the club in the hopes of turning a profit at some point. Business is going to come first, and profitability is directly proportional to our performances and results.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:05 am

I think most LFC supporters will be happy we gave the whole British experience a try. That's not to say there aren't any good British players, but it just seems the players we bought do not fit the style of play we were looking to implement.

Then why did you buy those players if they weren't going to fit whatever style of play the management team were trying to implement?

And if they're not fitting your style, why doesn't the manager change that style to suit them and get the best out of them?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:16 am

maybe i am too sleepy but arent liverpool just emulating juve/ ? juve have a lot of italians but they perform well, liverpool's english players dont really cut it .
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:55 am

Sack Dalgish and re-hire Rafa and give him the tools to do what he wants.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:57 am

£££££££££££££££££

& a manager that ain't old skoooool
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:58 am

Depends what u mean by glory

they can win the cup double this season withou the top 4

or they could be in top 4 next season but not win anything

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:10 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Then why did you buy those players if they weren't going to fit whatever style of play the management team were trying to implement?

And if they're not fitting your style, why doesn't the manager change that style to suit them and get the best out of them?

I think the people in charge relied too much on statistics to guide their buying decisions.

Unlike many of the other supporters here, I actually don't think Kenny had a certain style of football in mind when we started this season. Or perhaps he did, but whatever it is/was, it's not showing in our performances.

Kenny's managing and playing style has always seemed to involve the 'pass and move' philosophy. Unfortunately, it's not one of those things you can teach players in a day of training. The player needs the brains and vision to make passes and find spaces. If one watches most of the LFC games, you'll notice how static certain players are.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kabarca Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:27 am

They started the season well but they have been in a bad form since January,imo they need a new striker(a true goal scorer) in the summer because they really cant seem to finsh moves.

Dont think changing the manager yet again or buying too many new players is a good idea because the team needs to settle,they will just need 1 or 2 transfers and I think they can improve next season with Lucas back and with the new signings fully settled down
kabarca
kabarca
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:42 am

I think it's pretty simple. Sign Spanish players instead of English players. It worked for Rafa for a good period of time.

A spine of Reina, Alonso and Torres was pretty killer for them and then throw in Arbeloa and Riera and Bang you have a good team.

You can't win anything with English players plus there valued about two to three times what there actually worth.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:09 am

This was Rafa's dream

-----Aqua-----Lucas/Masc
Silva----Gerrard--------Jovetic
--------Torres-----------------

The way it turned out

------------Lucas--------------
Gerrard------------Adam/Hendo
Suarex----Carrol---------Downing

Sigh....................................................
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:42 am

Crappy signings and Kenny's tactics arent cutting it
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:59 am

I think the people in charge relied too much on statistics to guide their buying decisions.

Unlike many of the other supporters here, I actually don't think Kenny had a certain style of football in mind when we started this season. Or perhaps he did, but whatever it is/was, it's not showing in our performances.

Kenny's managing and playing style has always seemed to involve the 'pass and move' philosophy. Unfortunately, it's not one of those things you can teach players in a day of training. The player needs the brains and vision to make passes and find spaces. If one watches most of the LFC games, you'll notice how static certain players are.

Which still begs the question why Liverpool signed those players, as surely with thorough scouting they would have learned of those player's shortcormings and unsuitability to a certain system.

The likes of Adam, Downing and Henderson are good squad members, but it was evident from the start that none of them are players that could elevate Liverpool back into the top four. Suarez is the calibre of player for that, as are Gerrard and Lucas, but the players around them in the midfield and attack aren't.

This summer is definitely a vital period for you guys, but I don't think things are as bad as they may seem right now. Quite simply, you need to galvanise your attack with a flair player or two, and perhaps bring in a player that can control the midfield. Whether or not Dalglish should be the man to take your forward is another matter, though.

You can't win anything with English players plus there valued about two to three times what there actually worth.

United have won titles with Ferdinand, Neville, Smalling, Carrick, Scholes and Rooney. Chelsea have won titles with Terry, A. Cole, Lampard and J. Cole.

Then you're also forgetting the fact that although Liverpool had key players that were Spanish, their talisman and best player is and always has been Gerrard, and the last time they made a serious title push they had Jamie Carragher in defence.

Basically, those teams blended English players with foreign players and found success. Your idea to avoid English players entirely is misguided, and your statement that you can't win anything with them is completely incorrect.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:37 am

@GoonerJay - From my understanding, the one thing Liverpool were trying very hard to accomplish with their new signings were:

1) The ability to create chances - And they have done so.
2) Potential/Young players - I'd say the only young player with any potential is Henderson

Everything I've read about the matter suggests that the chance creation was one of those big statistics that were looked at. (I don't have any sources for this atm) I honestly think the Adam buy was probably pressure from the fans. A number of fans were fixated on him since the prior winter and most everyone was almost certain he was going to be an LFC player come summer. Not to mention a number of fans had these unrealistic expectations of him to become the Alonso replacement.

Downing was bought to put in crosses and he was far from terrible at Villa. Henderson in my opinion was bought because he was relatively young and already had 2 years of PL experience under his belt.

The style of our play doesn't seem like it was a consideration in all honesty. I can't figure out if we even have one. We just seem to lack creativity around the box. (Besides Suarez and the odd display from someone else) Most of our chance creation has come from corners, free kicks and crosses. So the owners got what they were looking for in terms of numbers, but it has left a lot to be desired in terms of the actual performances.

I don't think any Liverpool fan could have guessed the players we bought last summer prior to the news breaking out. The likes of Hendo, Downing, Bellamy, etc. definitely surprised me.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next