Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...?

+39
Gil
Firenze
BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
lszanto
SchinnerC
stevieg8
BeautifulGame
Art Morte
S
Onyx
sportsczy
Die Borussen
Sri
Emaharg
fatman123
chinomaster182
RedOranje
donttreadonred
Dutti
iftikhar
Red Alert
alexjanosik
windkick
Dnmac4
kabarca
Abramovich
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lord Hades
Jay29
StevieRayVaughan
Yeezus
poolsupporter
justdoit_
RealGunner
the xcx
Le Samourai
Nishankly
The Messiah
43 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...? - Page 4 Empty Re: Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...?

Post by The Messiah Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:24 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
Nishank wrote:Seriously GTFO with Bayern, This is a Liverpool thread.

I didn't bring Bayern in this discussion, but nevertheless Bayern could be a role model for you guys, a club you can look up to and probably get affiliated with us so you can get to sign some of our players, like Hamit, Pranjic, Hummels, Lucio, Demichelis, Van Bommel, Olic, Sosa, Tymo, DVB etc

why u want us to get relegated ? Laughing

Both are better than your back-ups, Liverpool needs depth, if DVB was fit we could have won cpl last year

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...? - Page 4 Empty Re: Has Liverpool arrived to Reclaim their Days of Glory...?

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:20 am

I'm tired of making a new thread so I just decided to change the tittle.

But yes, has Liverpool arrived to reclaim their days of glory.? is this the break through season for our you will never walk alone club, they have managed to sign Borini who seems to be a good player and to add to that they secured Sahin and Allen, so all in all thier midfield finally looks good and the depth seems to be ok. As we already know they have a good defence but the only thinkg lacking there is depth, old and dead cargoes like Jamie should be player coach, youngstars like Coates needs to start featuring.

finally, I think Liverpool attack is still lacking, they still need to clear up a few bad apples to create space for better players, say for example if they manage to secure afellay from Barcelona, as well as Didier Ya Konan or Mohammed Abdellaoue both from Hannover 96, then I would like to say they could win the league if they keep improving on what they already have.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 am

No, they don't have the players to be a top 4 side. They always manage to raise their game against the top sides so the game against City means nothing apart from the fact that they should have won yet still didn't(no winning mentality).

They are not one Sahin away from being the team they once were, it's going to take a long time and the BPL is constantly improving, you can see how strong every club is and how big every match is.

I'm also not so sure how Sahin will go. The fact that he wasn't playing when he was not injured leaves questions for me, whether it be his confidence or something I think there is something that has made Mourinho doubt him. I know how good his season was at BVB but this is a different league, a far worse team and a year later after recovering from a big injury. I'm not saying he won't be great, but I do have some doubts.

Possession football does not automatically bring huge amounts of goals so unless they sharpen up alot up front I see them continually having issues against teams like WBA who are well setup.

I guess we'll see but I don't see them breaking into the top 4-6 this season. The pool - Everton derby will be amazing if Everton keep playing the way they are.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:47 am

Liverpool are talented enough to compete, but not talented enough to consistently compete... squad depth is an issue too.

Going in the right direction however. I like the new philosophy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:57 am

They seems to have a very good first team.

------------Reina-------------
Jonson--Agger--Škrtel--Enrique

This defense is obviously better than the likes of Tottenham and can compete with any other top team defence in the world, apart from only maybe Juventus, Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

Also their midfield consisting of Allen, Sahin, Gerard and Lucas seems to be equal matched with the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea and obviously better than Tottenham, I think only City midfield is better than theirs.

I agree that their attack is seriously lacking, I can not call anyone in their attack world-class, when you look at other top guns like United, they have players like Rooney, Van P, Welbeck, Kagawa, Nani, Valencia, Ashley Young, City have Aguero, Balo, Dzeko, Tevez, Silva, Nasri and Chelsea can boast of Torres, Hazard, Mata, Sturridge and Moses.

Although Arsenal attack is not up to stadard without Van P, they are still above Liverpool, even Newcastle have 2 formidable force, I think the only thing lacking in Liverpool is their attack, they seriously need to get at least 2 world-class players who are better than Suarez or at least 1 player who is better than Suarez and the other is equal to him.

You need attack to win matches, Midfield to control matches and defence to win the league and right now the only thing lacking is attack, if Athletico could sign Falcao, don't tell me Liverpool can not Land Huntelaar, Cavanni or Dzeko, along with Didier Ya Konan, Duambia or Mohammed Abdellaoue.

Last edited by The Messiah on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:26 pm

I actually thought u had a valid point there Idris until you mentioned how Suarez wasn't WC. Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Suarez is not WC. He had some of the worst finishing in the league last season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:34 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Suarez is not WC. He had some of the worst finishing in the league last season.

Glad someone said it before i did lol, he's a great player but he's far from world class.

Mind you it seems it's very easy to be "world class" on here if you are talented it seems to be enough.

I fail to see what Suarez has done to make him World Class.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:41 pm

buh buh but he tore up the Eredivisie

Slightly richer mans Robinho, good feet no end product. :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:46 pm

I still don't understand why Suarez can't finish

I know it's 'only' the Dutch League but he had a 2 in 3 record for Ajax and a 1 in 2 record for Uruguay which is a far better scoring rate than Messi's in an Albiceleste shirt for example.

He's a phenomenal talent & an absolute warrior on the pitch like Torres in his Atletico days. Just can't convert his chances which to be fair he does create a large chunk by himself alone.

Would easily be WC if he could and his club wouldn't be a midtable team.

Last edited by Gil on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:47 pm

He cant finish because he gets tunnel vision during dribbling, not every one is Messi to dribble past two and finish with out looking at the post.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:49 pm

One step at a time, why don't we talk about them being top 4 potential before thinking they can win the league?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Suarez was meant to be SS not an ST. His goals are a bonus, but that's not his main job. We struggled last year because Carroll wasn't good enough, put someone like Huntelaar next to Suarez and he'll tear ship up when all the scoring isn't on his shoulders.

Should we take away from Zidane/Xavi/Iniesta because they didn't/don't light up the stat sheet?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Suarez is border line WC. probably 2% away and that is because of his finishing. But it's not because he don't have it. It's because he can't apply it. We all know he has immense talent in him. The way he rapes defenders, it's not something any tom or harry can do.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Adit wrote:He cant finish because he gets tunnel vision during dribbling, not every one is Messi to dribble past two and finish with out looking at the post.

Iniesta & Oezil can't finish either. Do they have 'tunnel vidion' as well?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:00 pm

It's like Arshavin said if you think too much in front of goal you won't score its a natural instinct you don't need to think you just do it.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:00 pm

It's not about his stats.....

To be world class for me you have to be proven at the very top....

Until you prove yourself in the CL you can't be considered as far as im concerned.

Ben Arfa and others rape defenders and have no end product every week too but it means nothing....

Why? because until you prove yourself at the very top level or atleast consistently take your teams to championships like Ibra has done you can't be considered WC imo.

Suarez while insanely talented isn't even consistent at PL level, World class is not a term that should be used so loosely IMO not every talented player should be considered World Class.

Agger is closer to World Class than Suarez is for me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Gil wrote:
Adit wrote:He cant finish because he gets tunnel vision during dribbling, not every one is Messi to dribble past two and finish with out looking at the post.

Iniesta & Oezil can't finish either. Do they have 'tunnel vidion' as well?

Yes on shooting basis .Iniesta and Ozil rarely scores after a dribble. If you put your head down like Suarez/iniesta then you ll struggle to get a clear picture of the post. Which is something Messi has, he can put his head down while dribbling yet his field vision is amazing.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Agger is world class,not closer to world class.He is proven at every level.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Not even worried about Glory.

Look at Rodgers , look at him promoting youth, playing with a definitive style, with the talent presently there, success will come.

I just hope they don't fire him before it materializes.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:25 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Agger is world class,not closer to world class.He is proven at every level.

If we're going by Mole's definition here then he's proven f*** all mate. Perhaps injuries are to blame but he hasn't done anything particularly exceptional so far in his career.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Gil wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Agger is world class,not closer to world class.He is proven at every level.

If we're going by Mole's definition here then he's proven f*** all mate. Perhaps injuries are to blame but he hasn't done anything particularly exceptional so far in his career.

ehm. CL finalists, scorer in CL semi-final (you should know this well eh Very Happy )
Part of the defensive rock duo of 2006-07 at LFC that conceded 7 goals at home all season. Liverpool's defensive record with and without him are miles apart. in all seasons really

Captain of Denmark NT, one of the best CBs in the Euros.

One of the best ball playing CBs in the world.....

what else a defender has to do ?

though, Mole's claim of WC is bullshit, he basically is putting Suarez in the same category of likes of Sessgnon and Ben Arfa Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:34 pm

TBH world class is a term that is always depended on perceptions(how much u watch a player ) and bias.

But for me Agger has played against the best and mostly come out on top.He was the best defender in the team that reached CL final and another Semi final.And has always been one of the best defenders in the league whenever played regardless of injuries.U jsut need to check the defensive record of our team whenever he played in our defence.

That defines him as a world class for me.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:38 pm

No i'm not but believe what you want to believe Laughing

We have no WC players, happy lol?

I just have a much stricter way of judging the term "world class" it shouldn't be used so loosely.

And i fail to see what Suarez has done to be considered world class.

Although Agger when fit is probably World Class.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:47 pm

I dont think its outrageous to put Ben Arfa and Suarez in a similar grouping
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:50 pm

Swanhends wrote:I dont think its outrageous to put Ben Arfa and Suarez in a similar grouping

Yes it is.Suarez is the best player of one of the best NT in the world and the best player in Copa America.Ben Afra couldnt get regular time in an average french team.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next