alex mahone
Ganso
Onyx
shaven
Mr Nick09
26 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Transfer Preview: Thiago Alcantara - Page 6 Empty Re: Transfer Preview: Thiago Alcantara

Post by Babun Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Nick you do realise Thiago's release clause is 30m? :coffee:
10 millions until deadline Very Happy

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Preview: Thiago Alcantara - Page 6 Empty Re: Transfer Preview: Thiago Alcantara

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:30 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Nick you do realise Thiago's release clause is 30m? :coffee:

starting july 1st, yes

You best get off your ass then :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:37 pm

For me, Cule does not mean born and bred Barcelona citizen as defined by Dr Hernandez. A few of us maybe come from Madrid itself, but we are all Madridistas. If youre involved with them, youre a Cule. We dont need any Cules in Real Madrid. Simple as that. Very Happy
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Thiago to Chelsea?
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:18 am

Blue wrote:Thiago to Chelsea?

Thiago to Barca:)

@ Nick: I said that Deulofeu's character/attitude is like Cr7.. not Thiago!

Thiago seems sometimes over-confident "thats it imo"!

btw Luis Enrique wants him in Roma.. if Cesc comes.. i won't be surprised if he went to Roma(buyout clause like Bojan), But Real Madrid? don't think so!
============================

btw Nick look @ this:

Thiago already has a buyout clause of 30 million

In time Transfer any rumor can quickly become a reality.And in that sense, the last thing that Real Madrid would be interested in Thiago Alcántara.The news was yesterday Eurosport: apparently, Florentino Perez consultants have advised the signing of midfielder Barca due to its low cost.The network, through its website, says that the termination clause of the squad is, today, ten million euros.Effective July 1, however, would be 30 kilos, then the player will become part of the first team.

However, as this newspaper has learned, that position is false and Thiago is already worth 30 million.The youth has extended his contract last season, whose provisions came into force from the moment of signature.Another thing is its incorporation into the first team at that time it was agreed that the course was for 2011-12.So, if Florentino Perez wants to Thiago will have no choice but to pay the 30 kilos.

Source: http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/thiago-tiene-clausula-rescision-millones/20110621dasdaiftb_58/Tes .

===========================

Thiago Alcantara, doing it his way

Born in the Italian city of Bari, raised in Vigo in the Spanish region of Galicia and currently thriving at FC Barcelona, Thiago Alcantara certainly has as an interesting background. Adding further spice to the mix is the fact that both his parents are Brazilian – his mother a volleyball player and his father the 1994 FIFA World Cup USA™-winning ex-Seleção midfielder.

“They call me Willy Fogg,” says the Barça starlet with a grin. “I’m lucky enough to have experienced so many things which make you grow as a person. The worst part [of moving around so much] is that you’re always leaving loved ones behind.”

His full name is Thiago Alcantara do Nascimento, but if the surname is not familiar it is because the Spanish U-21 international’s father, Iomar do Nascimento, went by the name Mazinho. “My dad’s Brazilian through and through but he’s resigned to the fact I’m playing for Spain. He can see that my career is progressing here and he understands that this is what’s best for me,” explained the 20-year-old midfield man.

I want to have even more opportunities to show what I can do and to help the team. I’m having the time of my life.Thiago Alcantara on life at Barcelona

“At first it was something that happened naturally because I’ve always lived here and I started moving up the ranks of the Spanish youth national set-up. That said, when it came to choosing who to play for at senior level, it was tricky to decide [between Spain and Brazil].”

The future is certainly looking bright for the youngster, who has been gradually making space for himself in the Barcelona first-team squad this campaign – a progression rewarded by winners’ medals in La Liga and the UEFA Champions League. “It’s been a fantastic year. When you’re first called up to the first team you think you’ll just be making up the numbers for an easy game."

“But then you realise that the coach keeps calling on you even for tough matches, which boosts your confidence. I want to have even more opportunities to show what I can do and to help the team. I’m having the time of my life,” he continued.

`A packed schedule

Despite coming off the back of a hectic club season, Alcantara will have to wait a while longer before taking a break. Having gone straight from the Champions League final at Wembley to join up with La Rojita’s squad for the UEFA European U-21 Championship, which offers three passages for the Men’s Olympic Football Tournament London 2012, the player is also in line to appear at July/August’s FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia.

“With this national squad, we’re going to try and sweep the board,” said Alcantara who, with uncertainty surrounding his immediate future at Barça, is focusing on his multiple international commitments. “We’d love to win this World Cup because it’s about time Spain won another global youth tournament.

“The best teams in the world like Brazil, Argentina, France and the Netherlands will be there. It’ll be tough and fiercely contested but we’ve got a chance. This is an incredible, really good generation of players, one of the best in recent years,” he continued, referring to a Spain squad which qualified for Colombia 2011 after finishing runners-up to France at last year’s European U-19 Championship.

We’d love to win this World Cup because it’s about time Spain won another global youth tournament.Thiago Alcantara looks forward to the FIFA U-20 World Cup

“That was incredibly hard to take. We were confident we’d win but didn’t manage it. We’d love to set the record straight at the World Cup, so hopefully we can take the same group of players.”

Clearly endowed with the level of belief and ambition you would expect from a Barcelona player, nor does Alcantara shy away from the responsibility of pulling on the shirt of the 2010 FIFA World Cup winners: “Spain aim to win every competition they enter. They’re the best national side in the world and have a tremendous youth set-up.

“The [World Cup winners’] star on the shirt doesn’t put more pressure on you: it motivates you. By winning the world title, they changed the mentality of the whole country. We discovered that football can give us the greatest joy of all. We were able to savour a quality of football that’s rarely been seen before. And for us younger players it’s a real stimulus, because that’s what we want to achieve one day too.”

And Alcantara certainly knows all about pressure, having been in the spotlight from an early age thanks to Mazinho’s success. “It’s not something that makes me nervous, I’m making my own name in the game, playing my own way,” said the Azulgrana rising star as the conversation concluded. “My dad has taught me the value of humility, respect and perseverance. It’s the best advice he’s given me, the best thing I’ve inherited.”

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/news/newsid=1456254/
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:07 am

Khaledbarca wrote:blablabla
Uncle Flo, get Thiago asap! Very Happy
Transfer Preview: Thiago Alcantara - Page 6 25427_109749625722625_109532322411022_130782_2821232_s
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:02 pm

I would rather have Mata returning to Madrid over Thiago, he looks like another Robinho to me, he's Brazillian and hyped beyond his abilities, don't think he would come to Real Madrid anyway if he is looking for regular playing time. The midfield is stuffed and the pressure to succeed is huge, the perfect recipe for a young hyped player to flop.

He may also turn out to be a Giovanni dos Santos, another of Brazilian roots and who left Barcelona in search of more playing time after an enormous hype, he ended up wasting his time at Tottenham on loans, sometimes to the lower leagues of England.

The risks for me outweighs any positives of this move both for the player and for Real Madrid, I don't think he is ready to make that jump from youth football to the pressure cooker that Real Madrid is. And so was Canales, the present condition at the club is not suitable for nurturing young talents, unless they learn to deal with such pressures very early in their professional careers.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Saetablanca wrote:For me, Cule does not mean born and bred Barcelona citizen as defined by Dr Hernandez. A few of us maybe come from Madrid itself, but we are all Madridistas. If youre involved with them, youre a Cule. We dont need any Cules in Real Madrid. Simple as that. Very Happy

+1 on this!

plus we dont need all the rising superstar, just like that we dont need all the galactico as well.
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:08 pm

shaven wrote:
+1 on this!

plus we dont need all the rising superstar, just like that we dont need all the galactico as well.

Thanks man!
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:11 am

Get him as 6th midfielder in 4-3-3. We need him now Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:54 pm

buddytaller wrote:I would rather have Mata returning to Madrid over Thiago, he looks like another Robinho to me, he's Brazillian and hyped beyond his abilities, don't think he would come to Real Madrid anyway if he is looking for regular playing time. The midfield is stuffed and the pressure to succeed is huge, the perfect recipe for a young hyped player to flop.

He may also turn out to be a Giovanni dos Santos, another of Brazilian roots and who left Barcelona in search of more playing time after an enormous hype, he ended up wasting his time at Tottenham on loans, sometimes to the lower leagues of England.

The risks for me outweighs any positives of this move both for the player and for Real Madrid, I don't think he is ready to make that jump from youth football to the pressure cooker that Real Madrid is. And so was Canales, the present condition at the club is not suitable for nurturing young talents, unless they learn to deal with such pressures very early in their professional careers.

Wow, you sure know your nationalites!!!! Thiago was born in Italy and raised in Spain. His father was born in Brasil, but he is no way Brazilan. And Gio is Mexican as is his brother who is still with Barcelona. I don't believe any of the three of them has ever set foot in Brasil.

Thiago has not asked to leave Barcelona at all. He is the heir to Xavi and the only complication is Cesc. The questions have been for a couple of years now are 1. Can Thiago develop enough to be Xavi successor, which he has been positively answered this year and is on display right now in U21 (watch the final on Sunday to see for yourself) and 2. If Cesc did come, how can they play him together with Iniesta and Xavi. This is still the issue. He is more similar in style to Iniesta than to Xavi, although their back-up plan always has been Cesc to replace Xavi if Thiago didn't develop. The reason for the high price tag is Barcelona don't want him to leave.

I have said I would love to have him, but I was always doubtful. Barcelona do have an issue if they get Cesc, but I'm inclined to think they will do some rotations to get Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc playing time and at times use Iniesta up on a wing. Thiago will be on 1st tean this year full time which is a first to him. He will be happy with this and he isn't demanding a starter role (and plus Barcelona nor Pep won't let a developing star rot away on the bench).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Is Enzo Zidane not French? To me they still are Brazilian or at least of Brazilian roots even though their passports may say otherwise.

And yes I also think it will be best for Thiago Alcantara if he stays with Barcelona, he'll be doing his career no good if he chooses to leave to an even bigger club.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:24 pm

If they sign Fabregas then he probably will have to move on.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:18 pm

buddytaller wrote:Is Enzo Zidane not French? To me they still are Brazilian or at least of Brazilian roots even though their passports may say otherwise.

And yes I also think it will be best for Thiago Alcantara if he stays with Barcelona, he'll be doing his career no good if he chooses to leave to an even bigger club.

Enzo was raised in France and isn't his mother French as well. I have a grand parent that was born is Switzerland. Does that make me Swiss? And how do you get a Mexican being Brasilan????

I think you are underestimating the potential of Thiago. He's much better than Canales and yet only a year older. (and I'm a BIG fan of Canales).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 pm

mtfootball wrote:If they sign Fabregas then he probably will have to move on.

That was our hope, but Barcelona are been insistent that they can keep both. They do have a way of keeping their canteras. Keep in mind that Thiago has not yet been full time with 1st team and Xavi will still be around at least 2 more years. Barcelona is also good at doing some limited rotation without losing their flow. I do believe it will work, but also I'm very doubtful that Cesc is coming this year. Arsenal supposedly turned down the 30M offer yesterday. If they wait until next year, they don't hurt as a team and the price will be much lower as his contract is running out.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:20 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
buddytaller wrote:Is Enzo Zidane not French? To me they still are Brazilian or at least of Brazilian roots even though their passports may say otherwise.

Enzo was raised in France and isn't his mother French as well. I have a grand parent that was born is Switzerland. Does that make me Swiss? And how do you get a Mexican being Brasilan????

I think you are underestimating the potential of Thiago. He's much better than Canales and yet only a year older. (and I'm a BIG fan of Canales).
I had a thread about thiago better than canales. see guys, even senor bill agrees :queen:
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:47 pm

futbol_bill wrote:

They both have Brazilian parent(s). Their fathers played for the Brazilian National team, Thiago is in fact eligible to play for the Brazilian national team. On been much better than Canales I totally disagree, Canales was playing well above his age when he was at Santander, he was competing against the best in la liga and was performing wonders, his goal against Sevilla typified his ingenuity. At the Under-19 Euro tournament when he was in the same team as Thiago, he was viewed as the best player in the Spanish team and was team captain if my memory serves me right.

But he made the jump from the easy life at Racing and moved to Real Madrid, where the constant need to perform above expectations meant that he spent most of the season watching from the bench or in the stands. Based only on last year you can make a case for Thiago but over their short careers I think Canales pip him or at least they are at the same level.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:56 pm

buddytaller wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:

They both have Brazilian parent(s). Their fathers played for the Brazilian National team, Thiago is in fact eligible to play for the Brazilian national team. On been much better than Canales I totally disagree, Canales was playing well above his age when he was at Santander, he was competing against the best in la liga and was performing wonders, his goal against Sevilla typified his ingenuity. At the Under-19 Euro tournament when he was in the same team as Thiago, he was viewed as the best player in the Spanish team and was team captain if my memory serves me right.

But he made the jump from the easy life at Racing and moved to Real Madrid, where the constant need to perform above expectations meant that he spent most of the season watching from the bench or in the stands. Based only on last year you can make a case for Thiago but over their short careers I think Canales pip him or at least they are at the same level.
First, you still disregard his argument that Thiago never set his foot in Brazil Very Happy Second, Thiago is a lot more versatile and plays deeper than Canales. He'll definiatly see more playing time than him. we tried Canales+Granero+ Lass last year in midfield and he failed. Maybe, he needs time to develop but at the moment he isn#t ready to play deeper... Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:32 pm

babun1024 wrote:First, you still disregard his argument that Thiago never set his foot in Brazil Very Happy Second, Thiago is a lot more versatile and plays deeper than Canales. He'll definiatly see more playing time than him. we tried Canales+Granero+ Lass last year in midfield and he failed. Maybe, he needs time to develop but at the moment he isn#t ready to play deeper... Very Happy

Are you sure he has never stepped foot in Brazil? What does he do on his holidays, he has Brazilian genes and that makes him as Brazilian as Messi is Argentinian. Or is he Italian?

Well Canales was just as versatile at Santander, that season all the noise was about him and not Thiago. Just like Bojan and Dos Santos, these talented kids are very delicate, when exposed to the wrong stimulus they can turn out quite bad.

They need to develop in an environment where every mistake they make is not overscrutinized and overanalysed by the media. It is this sort of attention to details, that make us believe players like Benzema and Higuain are inferior to Aguero, the fact is that Aguero plays for Atletico where the need to perform is not as great as Madrid, he can go on a 10 match scoreless streak without the media and the fans of the club calling him a flop. That was why Benzema was flawless at Lyon but seen by many as a flop in Madrid, the same reason why Villa is considered a flop for scoring just 2 goals in his last 15 matches or so for Barcelona.

The bottom line for me is that Canales was better than Thiago when he was at Racing, in Madrid it is a different story. Thiago is not ready yet in my opinion to make the jump, I've seen him play, he often tends to overdo things, pretending to be the new Ronaldinho and trying to pull off "no-look" passes. He is still a kid and is not ready for the pressure that would come with moving from Barcelona to a bigger rival club. The best thing for him is to make the most of the little time he would get at Barcelona or get a loan to a smaller club.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:58 pm

We don't need Thiago unless we intend on starting him. We already have Sahin and Ozil for the CM/CAM positions. He would be in the situation as he is is with Barca except Xavi is older than Ozil and Sahin so he should just wait a few years then take over from Xavi.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:05 pm

I accept that maybe in the long run, Thiago and Canales may be equal. But right now Thiago has made an impact in La Liga and is one of the key players (others being Mata and Javi Martinez) on the U21 (watch the final on Sunday if you don't believe me).

Canales was wasted last year in terms of his development. It's the main thing that bugs me about Mou. Despite what has been said in this forum, he didn't come to Madrid (for last season) until Mou gave an OK. And then it was if he didn't impress in camp he would go back to Santander. Mou also said he wouldn't be doing his job if he couldn't use Ozil and still give Canales sufficient time to develop (this after we bought Ozil). In other words according to his own words Mou didn't do his job!!!!!!

However this debate is about Thiago and I say he is the real deal and if we ever have a chance to go for him, we should jump at him.

And I just can't get over your theories to make up someone's nationality. Yeah, they may have brazilian roots in them, but to say they have Brazilian character traits that's quite a stretch when they have never lived there. By the way their passports/ nationality are Spanish and Mexican.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:07 pm

mtfootball wrote:We don't need Thiago unless we intend on starting him. We already have Sahin and Ozil for the CM/CAM positions. He would be in the situation as he is is with Barca except Xavi is older than Ozil and Sahin so he should just wait a few years then take over from Xavi.

MT, I don't think we (Nick nor I) ever suggested that he would be a starter. He very young (19) and talented. He would very much be behind Ozil and Sahin (& regretably if he hangs on Kaka). Anyways no need to get excited,I don't think we have a chance for him.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Thiago never set his foot in Brazil?

That is a lie,

carry on...
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Blue wrote:Thiago never set his foot in Brazil?

That is a lie,

carry on...

Read entire comments before making such a stupid statement!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:20 pm

futbol_bill wrote:

afaik they dont play the same role, right?
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:27 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Blue wrote:Thiago never set his foot in Brazil?

That is a lie,

carry on...

Read entire comments before making such a stupid statement!!!

babun1024 wrote:
First, you still disregard his argument that Thiago never set his foot in Brazil Very Happy Second, Thiago is a lot more versatile and plays deeper than Canales. He'll definiatly see more playing time than him. we tried Canales+Granero+ Lass last year in midfield and he failed. Maybe, he needs time to develop but at the moment he isn#t ready to play deeper... Very Happy

Wink

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next