MANO!!!! Thiago Alcantara could've been ours!

+5
Sushi Master
kiranr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lord Awesome
rsinatra
9 posters

Go down

MANO!!!! Thiago Alcantara could've been ours! Empty MANO!!!! Thiago Alcantara could've been ours!

Post by rsinatra Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:01 pm

It was just some days ago that I realized that Barcelona's Thiago could play for Brazil, as his parents are Brazilians and he has both Spanish and Brazilian citizenship.

It's incredible how he hasn't been called up for Brazil, ever. Mazinho, his father and former WC champion for Brazil, said that he did his best to get Thiago in the seleção, and even spoke to Mano Menezes when Brazil trained in Barcelona last year, but nothing happened.

Well, I know that the kid's first choice might still have been Spain, because he grew up there, but imagine him playing for Brazil.

I think that him not playing for us has a lot to do with the fact that he didn't grow up in our country, and well, has been playing for u-20 Spain and so on, so we probably thought he wouldn't come if we called him anyway. Spain saw him first, and that's okay, we have some nice players in his position. But it might've been cool to see it happening. And the way his father sounds in the article, it' sounds like he might've wanted to..... now it's too late! Mighta, would, coulda, shoulda... Sad

rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

MANO!!!! Thiago Alcantara could've been ours! Empty Re: MANO!!!! Thiago Alcantara could've been ours!

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:02 pm

Mano!

Y U NO BRING THIAGO TO BRAZIL!
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

MANO!!!! Thiago Alcantara could've been ours! Empty Re: MANO!!!! Thiago Alcantara could've been ours!

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:04 pm

You get Rafinha who according to Mazinho and Thiago is better anyways lol Cool
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:04 pm

His brother wants to play for Brazil. However, Rafa is a number 9.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:06 pm

we do need a number 9!!! but is he really any good? i mean, thiago is in pretty amazing form, and he's playing with the best in the world.

edit: oh i just saw that rafinha is playing with barcelona b.. damn mazinho's got good genes.

but it says here he's an attacking midfielder. i've never watched him.

Last edited by rsinatra on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:08 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Mano!

Y U NO BRING THIAGO TO BRAZIL!

and the fact that mazinho actually talked to him means that he knew about it. that jerk probably never watched thiago play.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Why would Brazil want a Spanish turncoat?

You got good enough players, guys who sweat for the jersey.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:11 pm

rsinatra wrote:we do need a number 9!!! but is he really any good? i mean, thiago is in pretty amazing form, and he's playing with the best in the world.

edit: oh i just saw that rafinha is playing with barcelona b.. damn mazinho's got good genes.

but it says here he's an attacking midfielder. i've never watched him.

Well, the general consensus is that he can easily play as a false 9. He has good eye for scoring goals as well and has a good shot on him!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Actually CBF rejected Thiago from being part of our youth set-up, Mazinho got mad and said he'll never let his kids play for Brazil ever.

and now Thiago is happily with Spain after our idiot Federation dumped him.

smh. I think CBF dumped him because they thought his chances of being a main stay for Barcelona were really slim, but as you all know CBF are wrong..AGAIN.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:12 pm

kiranr wrote:His brother wants to play for Brazil. However, Rafa is a number 9.

Well not quite that simple he's a 9 and a 10 been playing as a fake 9 for Barca B
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:13 pm

He is also Italiano if I recall, so he had the chance to play for Gli Azzuri, Brasil, and Spain.

Damn. What a selection. Any footballer would give their two front teeth to have those kinds of decisions.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:15 pm

Catracho wrote:Actually CBF rejected Thiago from being part of our youth set-up, Mazinho got mad and said he'll never let his kids play for Brazil ever.

and now Thiago is happily with Spain after our idiot Federation dumped him.

smh. I think CBF dumped him because they thought his chances of being a main stay for Barcelona were really slim, but as you all know CBF are wrong..AGAIN.

wow, does that make me even madder... CBF = 🐷 🐷 🐷 + :flower: :flower: :flower:

according to that article, it does sound like mazinho would like to see rafinha for brazil though...

i cant stop imagining thiago playing for us now. wtf!!!!!!!!!! at least i'm partly spanish so i can always root for them if brazil fail lol jk.

rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:15 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
kiranr wrote:His brother wants to play for Brazil. However, Rafa is a number 9.

Well not quite that simple he's a 9 and a 10 been playing as a fake 9 for Barca B

I just wanted to highlight the difference between Thiago and Rafinha Mole. He can evolve into a beast of a player, Rafinha!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:15 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:He is also Italiano if I recall, so he had the chance to play for Gli Azzuri, Brasil, and Spain.

Damn. What a selection. Any footballer would give their two front teeth to have those kinds of decisions.

yeah he was born in Italy. lucky kid.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:25 pm

rsinatra wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:He is also Italiano if I recall, so he had the chance to play for Gli Azzuri, Brasil, and Spain.

yeah he was born in Italy. lucky kid.

Yeah he has such a rich footballing tradition; being of the nationality which has the most World Cups, the most successful footballing nation of all time, and a team which will be good for years to come in their golden generation.

Damn Thiago.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Brasil would be fine though...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:47 am

His father is Brazilian, his mother is Italian and he grew up in Spain. It's not really Mano's fault. Thiago himself said that if he ever receives call ups from Brazil or Italy, he will reject them. He only wants to play for Spain. His brother on the other hand has said that he will play for Brazil. People say Rainha is even more promising that Thiago.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down