alex mahone
Ganso
Onyx
shaven
Mr Nick09
26 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Transfer Preview: Thiago Alcantara - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Preview: Thiago Alcantara

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Personally, cesc is the last player i would want us to sign. I would rather pay 30M on Thiago than signing Cesc tbh

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Preview: Thiago Alcantara - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Preview: Thiago Alcantara

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:10 pm

You must have forgotten Cesc. His vision on his passing, accuracy and work rate are all WC. He goes and demands the ball... then he creates. We really don't have that field leadership in the midfield.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:13 pm

Not questionnig his skillset, i think it would be amazing if we sign him, but in terms of squad management and playing time management. he comes in as a player that "needs" to start
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:16 pm

babun1024 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:I wouldn't mind either but the thing with Thiago is because he's unproven he would pretty much be another Canales type of signing. Fabregas however is proven and would probably start if he signed.
My point, it's wrong to buy starters and make them fit the system. What if Cesc isn't good enough for our system or has problems to adapt fast. Would you start him all the year only because he was bought to be a starter? Very Happy You could bench Sahin for no problem when you play 4-2-3-1, you could do the same with Ozil if the game asks for it. At Farca, Xavi would bench him until he trully adapts and takes over. If we're going to get one of them, I'd rather get Thiago. We could see then where he could fit in time and whether he is starter quality Very Happy

For me the system isn't at it's peak. Last season probably 85-90% of our goals were from counter-attacks and we were incompetent playing possession based football. Thiago is also very similar to Fabregas and Xavi so we would have to change the system for him as well.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:You must have forgotten Cesc. His vision on his passing, accuracy and work rate are all WC. He goes and demands the ball... then he creates. We really don't have that field leadership in the midfield.
I'm not denying his quality.I'm talking about squad management.You need a balanced team in the end with happy players Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:17 pm

You don't think a Alonso-Cesc-Sahin midfield would work? I love it personally. Of course, it would suck for Khedira and Di Maria. Ozil would need to adjust a bit too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:19 pm

mtfootball wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:I wouldn't mind either but the thing with Thiago is because he's unproven he would pretty much be another Canales type of signing. Fabregas however is proven and would probably start if he signed.
My point, it's wrong to buy starters and make them fit the system. What if Cesc isn't good enough for our system or has problems to adapt fast. Would you start him all the year only because he was bought to be a starter? Very Happy You could bench Sahin for no problem when you play 4-2-3-1, you could do the same with Ozil if the game asks for it. At Farca, Xavi would bench him until he trully adapts and takes over. If we're going to get one of them, I'd rather get Thiago. We could see then where he could fit in time and whether he is starter quality Very Happy

For me the system isn't at it's peak. Last season probably 85-90% of our goals were from counter-attacks and we were incompetent playing possession based football. Thiago is also very similar to Fabregas and Xavi so we would have to change the system for him as well.
He won't be automatic starter, that's the difference. If you get Cesc, you have to change the way you play. Thiago is more comfortable on the ball , btw, he evades challenges a lot better than Cesc and can also dribble his way through. You could play him anywhere in attack and midfield apart from DM position Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:19 pm

------------------Casillas
Coentrao----Pepe----Ramos----Marcelo
-----------------Alonso
------------Fabregas--Sahin
-------------------Ozil
------------Aguero-----Ronaldo

:coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:04 am

Terra Futbol Confidencial wrote:Thiago Alcantara is a player with great talent, but it seems that all coaches are not very pleased with his attitude on the field. En ocasiones, de sobrado que se siente, olvida cuestiones primordiales del juego y eso acaba sacando de sus casillas a más de uno.

I do not think he is that way because of Pep. But if we can comment, the blaugrana coach will not be happy to just end up with him, and even less with his entourage. Remember that Mazinho, the former world champion, and Celta Vigo and Valencia player is his father and his agent.

Perhaps this is the reason with Guardiola insists so much with Cesc Fabregas, with whom he has frequent conversations by telephone. Guardiola made it a condition in his contract renewal that Barca fights for the signing of Cesc Fabregas.

So when you see reports of the possible presence of Thiago in the operation of Cesc it is no bluff. Guardiola knows what he is doing. Thiago is young, but Cesc is 24 years old and more experienced after being 7 years at Arsenal.

you know what they say, GET. IN. :coffee:

ps: someone help me translate that first half please
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:51 am

I don't think neither him or Barca would accept this transfer. especially after all things that happened in the clasicos.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:53 am

It's just about him and his dad really, the clause is 10M, we dont have to talk to the cules. You just go and drop the check to activate the clause, and you talk to the player.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:56 am

He has already said he wont leave Barcelona like less than 5 days ago lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:00 am

after he said he wanted to succeed in football, and it wasnt just about barca? the window for the new clause to activate is too small anyway, but if Cesc comes in, im not sure how long he will stick around.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:07 am

"Barça is my home, here I grew up, here I want to triumph. That's my dream. I didn't want to upset the fans."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:28 am

it's called damage control. anyway, not making any illusions as to what will happen, but that kid is ambituous enough not to get infatuated by barca and see out the best opportunity for himself. Barca being so great atm is difficult to resist for any player tbh. Even Khaled calls him the CR of barca, same mind, same attitude problem lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:32 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:it's called damage control. anyway, not making any illusions as to what will happen, but that kid is ambituous enough not to get infatuated by barca and see out the best opportunity for himself. Barca being so great atm is difficult to resist for any player tbh. Even Khaled calls him the CR of barca, same mind, same attitude problem lol

TBH I don't see the point in getting this kid at all realistic or not

If we are going for young and unproven Sarabia is a much better choice and he is our own. Then you have the likes of Alex and Jese as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:34 am

ofc, the only player he threatens is Alex position wise, but they arent comparable to be honest, i dont know if anyone in spain is.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:58 pm

More stuff about Cesc now?

NO. CULES. IN. MADRID!
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59 pm

Saetablanca wrote:More stuff about Cesc now?

NO. CULES. IN. MADRID!

i support this one fully!!!
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Why you are even discussing about Thiago? If he leaves from Barca then it's because of Cesc, who will take his playing time and block his future. How it would be any different in Real where he would have Alonso, Sahin or Özil ahead of him? If he ever leaves then he goes to a club which can give him playing time, not to Real to warm bench.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:13 pm

I don't think Fabregas would start either at Barca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Alonso=Sahin=/=Thiago
Ozil=/=Thiago

unique skillset
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 pm

Saetablanca wrote:More stuff about Cesc now?

NO. CULES. IN. MADRID!
Count me in but Thiago is a fake cule Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Nick you do realise Thiago's release clause is 30m? :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Nick you do realise Thiago's release clause is 30m? :coffee:

starting july 1st, yes
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Nick you do realise Thiago's release clause is 30m? :coffee:
10 millions until deadline Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next