Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ?

+15
in10se
RED
Blue
cyberman
Superpeppe
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
TheRedStag
BeautifulGame
Ganso
B-Mac
Iceman
Art Morte
S
JuvenelCuore
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ? Empty Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ?

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:47 am

Nani was £25.5M at age 20.
Rooney was £26.5M at age 18 and they broke the transfer fee for highest-paid U-20 player.
Cristiano Ronaldo was £15.5M at age 19.
Rio Ferdinand was £30M at age 23.
Phil Jones has now moved for £20M at age 19.

Why do they inflate youngsters so much ? I mean, Fergie is lucky they've paid off or he'd be the laughing stock of the footballing world but in my opinion they were not worth that at their ages...especially Rooney and Ferdinand those are outrageous.

The only player I'd pay in those ranges are Neymar, but none of those listed above were at his level domestically and internationally showing themselves to be superstars.

This is not a jab at Man Utd. fans either...just realized how high some fees were.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ? Empty Re: Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ?

Post by S Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:50 am

bcoz manchester united buy the best youngsters..and also they want to ward of competition frm other clubs !!!..thats the only thing i like abt united and SAF
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ? Empty Re: Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ?

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:52 am

There are a lot of clubs like Ajax which buy the world's best youngsters and don't inflate the prices as much as Manchester United do though.

If he buys the best youngsters, then is it kind of unjust to call him a "scout ?" I mean, it wouldn't take much to know that Neymar was the best youngster and so if I bought him for £35M I'd be considered a scout ?

Hardly.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:56 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:There are a lot of clubs like Ajax which buy the world's best youngsters and don't inflate the prices as much as Manchester United do though.

If he buys the best youngsters, then is it kind of unjust to call him a "scout ?" I mean, it wouldn't take much to know that Neymar was the best youngster and so if I bought him for £35M I'd be considered a scout ?

Hardly.
ajax dont buy the best youngsters but they groom them..i dunno whr u got that from..like i said ,SAF would have wanted that particular player at all costs so to prevent competition frm other clubs ,he would present an offer which a club cant refuse !!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:00 am

18-19-year-old isn't that young prospect-wise, imo. At that age you will already see quite clearly how good someone is. And buying them young is better business than buying them in their peak.

Nani, Rooney, CRonaldo and Ferdinand have all been worth at least what United paid for them. I'd call it inflating players' prices only if they consistently paid more than the value of their buys.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:09 am

Art Morte wrote:18-19-year-old isn't that young prospect-wise, imo. At that age you will already see quite clearly how good someone is. And buying them young is better business than buying them in their peak.

Nani, Rooney, CRonaldo and Ferdinand have all been worth at least what United paid for them. I'd call it inflating players' prices only if they consistently paid more than the value of their buys.

Well I agree in some sense with what you are saying about age, but usually that is when most players are bought for another team, as opposed to say Barcelona who adopted Bojan in their academy when he was nine-years old. That is the point I'm trying to make...not so much for the parent club but for the potential buyer.

@Surag: I don't get what you're saying ? Ajax grooms them but they also scout them at young ages for nothing. You just say that because you don't recognize the names of the players they get yearly. Nobody knew Ibrahimovic when he was Ajax, but Ajax scouts sure could recognize his talent even before he was 18.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 am

"There are a lot of clubs like Ajax which buy the world's best youngsters" and don't inflate the prices as much as Manchester United do though.
that was my response to ur post !!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:21 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
"There are a lot of clubs like Ajax which buy the world's best youngsters" and don't inflate the prices as much as Manchester United do though.

...and I responded to it.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:22 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:

ajax dont inflate their prices coz they r not at the recieving end of transfers..and its the pl clubs that inflate the prices and not united ..pls get it right mate !!!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:27 am

Its not like all of them work. I mean, for those saying that you can see how good a player is or how good he/she will be, thats just not necessarily true.

Anderson and Bebe are but two examples of how this policy can fail. No matter how good of a prospect the player is, he's still just a prospect and that money may very well end up wasted as proven by several of their buys.

The ones that work, work out great. I mean, Ronaldo got sold for 90m. THATS what I'd call crazy, not the original United purchase
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:31 am

prices get inflated because teams like Chelski and Shitty drive bids up, you just see United actually get these players because SAF is a genius man manager keeps all his players happy, and when it comes to signing youngsters usually personally goes pays them a visit and there families, you dont see roman taking his Yacht to go see these players he just throws the cash and hopes its enough...Sir Alex goes and lets these players know that they are going to be part of a family at United....why do you think Ronaldo calls SAF his Football Father? Sir Alex finds these young players with Skill buys them and instills in them its not all about personal success everyone plays there own roll for the greater good of the club.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:32 am

"Rio Ferdinand was £30M at age 23."

what the hell?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:32 am

@Surag: I don't get what you're saying ? Ajax grooms them but they also scout them at young ages for nothing. You just say that because you don't recognize the names of the players they get yearly. Nobody knew Ibrahimovic when he was Ajax, but Ajax scouts sure could recognize his talent even before he was 18.
i was talkin abt the ajax academy..but ibra is definitely an exception
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:38 am

Well like I said I mean no disrespect to Sir Alex, I respect the rivalvry Juventus and United once had...when Juventus were a superpower, and I was glad to see Neville chose us to be the team of his final match.

However, all I'm saying is why do they have to inflate ? I mean, it's not like they are necessary a small club that need to offer much incentive. I'm sure for an 18, 19, 20 year old, hearing that Sir Alex is interested in you is a great honor, and I'm sure even for a significantly lesser fee, you'd see them still going to Old Trafford ecstatic.

And on the topic of Ajax, what you are still not getting is that Ajax SCOUT players DIFFERENTLY but the quality of those players have shown to be great. They don't scout them at 18 when they are known like other big teams so that is what you are trying to say but it makes no sense because Ajax does it a step before and rightfully pay less.

I'm not trying to make jabs so the negative reps are unneeded, really.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:39 am

Ganso wrote:"Rio Ferdinand was £30M at age 23."

what the hell?

Yep. Plenty of fans outside england dont know the Ferdinand transfer . The 2nd highest transfer fee ever paid was for him and this was in 2002/2003 .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:40 am

what the hell?

and worth every pound!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:41 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:

what the hell?

and worth every pound!

Yes, and I never doubted that, but you have to admit he was very, very inflated in 2002/2003. He's paid off, but it's not like Fergie could foresee it enough to justify it at the time.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:45 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Well like I said I mean no disrespect to Sir Alex, I respect the rivalvry Juventus and United once had...when Juventus were a superpower, and I was glad to see Neville chose us to be the team of his final match.

this is one of my favourite pics from that match, raging boner worthy
Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ? 2q9bghe
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:47 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Well like I said I mean no disrespect to Sir Alex, I respect the rivalvry Juventus and United once had...when Juventus were a superpower, and I was glad to see Neville chose us to be the team of his final match.

However, all I'm saying is why do they have to inflate ? I mean, it's not like they are necessary a small club that need to offer much incentive. I'm sure for an 18, 19, 20 year old, hearing that Sir Alex is interested in you is a great honor, and I'm sure even for a significantly lesser fee, you'd see them still going to Old Trafford ecstatic.

And on the topic of Ajax, what you are still not getting is that Ajax SCOUT players DIFFERENTLY but the quality of those players have shown to be great. They don't scout them at 18 when they are known like other big teams so that is what you are trying to say but it makes no sense because Ajax does it a step before and rightfully pay less.

I'm not trying to make jabs so the negative reps are unneeded, really.

yet again its not abt scouting differently and all that sort of stuff..with the figures u mentioned in ur thread..for eg. nani and cr7 cost so much..the thing is they were as hot as prospects as a 'romelu lukaku' or an 'erik lamela' is today..i am not saying that a luis suarez or an ibra were less talented but there is so much inflation nowadays that ajax can hardly afford them..and pls understand that its the clubs who are at the recieving end of transfers that try to inflate the price and not man united like u mentioned in ur post...
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:48 am

and honestly United usually low ball that shit outta teams, but then when Chelski or Shitty or Madrid get word that Sir Alex is looking to buy this youngster one of them comes in flashes there cheque book and we have to counter offer there shit.

the money we are throwing around this summer is Ronaldo money pretty much, i doubt the glazers are giving us anything really
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:49 am

Its not intentional. They pay those prices because that's what the clubs selling these players demanded for them.

For the most part, buying young players can be risky. Some work out some don't.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:49 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:

this is one of my favourite pics from that match, raging boner worthy
Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ? 2q9bghe

Hell of a photo; it's already mouthwatering enough that the Red Devils got to see Becks in a Man Utd jersey for the first time in 7 (?) years, but then you have "La storia, la bandiera, il capitano" Alessandro Del Piero next to him. Shocked Amazing.

Not to mention, those two arguably occupy the top five spots as best freekick takers of all time.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:51 am

Ronaldo was Sportings 2nd highest rated prospect at the time of the purchase....Quaresma was top LOL
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:55 am

More to the point, where is all this money coming from......
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:55 am

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Its not intentional. They pay those prices because that's what the clubs selling these players demanded for them.

For the most part, buying young players can be risky. Some work out some don't.

Yes, but then you see guys like Arsene Wenger...
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next