Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ?

+15
in10se
RED
Blue
cyberman
Superpeppe
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
TheRedStag
BeautifulGame
Ganso
B-Mac
Iceman
Art Morte
S
JuvenelCuore
19 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ?

Post by RED Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:39 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Nani was £25.5M at age 20.
Rooney was £26.5M at age 18 and they broke the transfer fee for highest-paid U-20 player.
Cristiano Ronaldo was £15.5M at age 19.
Rio Ferdinand was £30M at age 23.
Phil Jones has now moved for £20M at age 19.

Why do they inflate youngsters so much ? I mean, Fergie is lucky they've paid off or he'd be the laughing stock of the footballing world but in my opinion they were not worth that at their ages...especially Rooney and Ferdinand those are outrageous.

The only player I'd pay in those ranges are Neymar, but none of those listed above were at his level domestically and internationally showing themselves to be superstars.

This is not a jab at Man Utd. fans either...just realized how high some fees were.

All those players were worth those prices. Sometimes, when you see great talent, you've gotta pay a little extra to get it. The rewards are gonna pay off in the long run. All those players we could sell for more than we payed for now...or sold(In CR's case) and in Rio's case, we would've sold him for the same amount or more than what we payed for him at his peak.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ?

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:41 pm

nani was 16m, 14m minus the add ons

cr7 was 12 minus add ons

hes making them up, add ons are based on success which any club is happy to pay, it means they were worth the money and have increased in value

this thread is useless

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:44 pm

cyberman wrote:nani was 16m, 14m minus the add ons

cr7 was 12 minus add ons

hes making them up, add ons are based on success which any club is happy to pay, it means they were worth the money and have increased in value

this thread is useless

Yeah I agree the OP over inflated the prices to make his argument seem valid. But the real prices we paid, we made great business, as has been proved by the players developments and worth now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by in10se Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Nani was not £25m.....

Rooney- Newcastle were first to bid on him, and had a £20m bid rejected + chelsea showed interest.

Rio- leeds bought him for £18m from westham, so they were only ever going to sell him for £25m+, especially to their bitterest rivals.

Phil jones- arsenal + tottenham + liverpool were all prepared to pay the figure he eventually went for.

Ronaldo- half of europe where after him.

The players would've gone for similar fees to other clubs had they not ended up at united, these where highly rated and coveted youngsters at an elite level.

Juve had to pay £32m in the early 2000s for a certain young goalkeeper. Quality comes at a price when there a lot of interested parties.
in10se
in10se
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:10 pm

I mean, Fergie is lucky they've paid off or he'd be the laughing stock of the footballing world but in my opinion

im sorry, this is the most idiotic thing ive read on this forum

lucky? he spotted how theyd fit in, built his team around them and have played to an amazingly high level

laughing stock? lucky? seriously, wtf is that about?

no offence but.....hell, theres no polite way to say it, but ill try anyway

try not to start any more threads thats not Juve related kid, youre out of your depth with the international game

theres a good boy

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:17 pm

Well so far they have been good gambles for United, but 20 mill for Phil Jones is just too much really, Wenger offered around 3 million I think Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 pm

wait till he is better then Terry and captain of England....we'll see if 16.5 was to much for Jones
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:28 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:wait till he is better then Terry and captain of England....we'll see if 16.5 was to much for Jones

Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ? - Page 3 Wank

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:33 pm

[quote="Raptorgunner"]Well so far they have been good gambles for United, but 20 mill for Phil Jones is just too much really, Wenger offered around 3 million I think Very Happy [/quote]

no, he offered the buy out plus more wages lol

arsenal actually had more money invested in the proposed jones transfer than uts had

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Cyber and ignorance go hand-in-hand :bball:
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:36 pm

how am i ignorant kid?

explain

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:41 pm

whered you go iceman?

looking at that top quality post, the fact you have 10 rep points should tell the world how meaningless they are.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:53 pm

I have no idea what you're saying and I honestly couldn't care less. I just wanted to point out that you're stupid, which is what I did. I'm not really interested in wasting my time on someone like you. Ridiculing you constantly is more appealing.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:58 pm

[quote="Iceman"]I have no idea what you're saying and I honestly couldn't care less. I just wanted to point out that you're stupid, which is what I did. I'm not really interested in wasting my time on someone like you. Ridiculing you constantly is more appealing.[/quote]

10 rep points ladies and gentlemen

i am so ridiculed, lord knows you ridiculed me good

i hear chris rock is stealing it as his centrepiece for his next international tour...

Cyber and ignorance go hand-in-hand Basketball

look at that again, the majestic and poetic brillance oozing through each carefully crafted word as if god himself has delivered them from above

were not worthy iceman, were not worthy

10 rep points ladies and gentlemen..

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:02 pm

The basketball emoticon was for comedic effect.
As for the rest...meh, not worth replying to.

Bye
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:06 pm

[quote="Iceman"]The basketball emoticon was for comedic effect.
As for the rest...meh, not worth replying to.

Bye[/quote]
and by god, what a comedic effect it was...

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 pm

When I said "Bye", that was me signalling the end of this....but apparently you cannot comprehend that.

*sigh*

And you wonder where you got the "ignorant" tag from :coffee:
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:11 pm

psst iceman..its you who jumped in with a shit 1 liner and now youre crying about it not ending?

and i have no comprehension skills?

FEVERPWND COME BACK!!! ALL IS FORGIVEN!!!

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Im not being funny iceman, but i have no clue as to who you are

with your incredible wit, i imagined you to be the account of larry david but the way you dismissed the chris rock line...i dont know anymore

as youd know if you were indeed larry david, a real comedian takes rip offs seriously...it really gets them wound up

you stayed really calm, alarmingly so i might add

unless its a bluff...as if you knew id know that youd know that...

ahhhh larry. very clever

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:18 pm

feverpwned? lol...he used to get the better of you every single time. You were like his puppet, it was quite amusing. I do wish he comes back, would be fun to see him pawn you everyday...who knows, you might just "quite" the forums again.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:19 pm

quite what? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING LARRY!!!!

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:21 pm

i think we all agree that this has gone off topic...for the better i might add

now its an exciting wait for icemans next meaningless insult thats plucked from mid air..

how jolly exciting

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:22 pm

They do say that denial is always the first step
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Best thing is that I only used one insult: ignorant.
Sad thing is that you keep on proving me right. Oh well, I can only pity you I suppose.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm

now its an exciting wait for icemans next meaningless insult thats plucked from mid air..

They do say that denial is always the first step

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

stop it now iceman, youre melting under the steely glare of the internet legend

i can say more meaningless insults that you, so go hide somewhere and pretend that i dont getunder your skin

jog it on fella, alright? theres a good lad

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm

and what stage is lashing out iceman? its you running in here with your fantastic and mesmeric 1 liners

what stage is anger? is cyber jealousy a stage? cyber obsession?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next