Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ?

+15
in10se
RED
Blue
cyberman
Superpeppe
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
TheRedStag
BeautifulGame
Ganso
B-Mac
Iceman
Art Morte
S
JuvenelCuore
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ?

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Its not intentional. They pay those prices because that's what the clubs selling these players demanded for them.

For the most part, buying young players can be risky. Some work out some don't.

Yes, but then you see guys like Arsene Wenger...

JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Manchester United inflate the prices of youth so much ?

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Emmanuel Adebayor Signed for £7m, sold for £25m
Robin van Persie Signed for £2.75m
Nicolas Anelka Signed for £500,000, sold for £22m
Kolo Toure Signed for £150,000, sold for £16m
Patrick Vieira Signed for £3.5m, sold for £18m
Thierry Henry Signed for £10m, sold for £16m
Cesc Fabregas FREE -- that's amazing...
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Lex wrote:More to the point, where is all this money coming from......

Maybe like Madrid, the government funds it? affraid

That would explain the percentage of unemployment Suspect
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Its not intentional. They pay those prices because that's what the clubs selling these players demanded for them.

juvenelcoure , i think irish catalan scouser pretty much explained ur point !!!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:00 pm

I do wonder where the fees come from...aren't the Glazers severly in personal debt ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Its not intentional. They pay those prices because that's what the clubs selling these players demanded for them.

False. Please look at my Arsene Wenger post above.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:03 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

in this present day ,there's a reason wenger wont buy a sought after youngster like a lukaku ,neymar etc coz their transfer fee is inflated..thats how wenger works in the mkt !!!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:05 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Its not intentional. They pay those prices because that's what the clubs selling these players demanded for them.

For the most part, buying young players can be risky. Some work out some don't.

Yes, but then you see guys like Arsene Wenger...

There is no doubt that Arsene buys players for cheaper. However this does not disprove my previous statement in any way. Simply put Wenger got his players for cheaper prices because their clubs allowed those players to leave at that price.

TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:05 pm

it's Ronaldo money, we hadn't touched it since we sold him!...Glazers did say to Rooney we would be ambitious and they woudl give SAF a big transfer kitty this summer, but i doubt they gave any of there own money and just letting SAF go to town with the 90 million or so we got for Ronnie
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

in this present day ,there's a reason wenger wont buy a sought after youngster like a lukaku ,neymar etc coz their transfer fee is inflated..thats how wenger works in the mkt !!!

You make no sense...Wenger doesn't buy the famous youth for inflated prices but instead he gets youth for pratically nothing and makes them as good as the inflated ones but that's a problem for you.

Fabregas for free. Play that back in your mind.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:10 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

You make no sense...Wenger doesn't buy the famous youth for inflated prices but instead he gets youth for pratically nothing and makes them as good as the inflated ones but that's a problem for you.

There is no doubt that Arsene buys players for cheaper. However this does not disprove my previous statement in any way. Simply put Wenger got his players for cheaper prices because their clubs allowed those players to leave at that price.

again irish scouser explained ur point !!!

but u're not getting the point do u..u urself mentioned that man united buy players for inflated transfer fees
and i think irish scouser pretty much explained ur point in the above quote..no doubt wenger gets players for cheap and grooms them into superstars..but again tahts how wenger works in the mkt and this is how SAF works in the mkt
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

but u're not getting the point do u..u urself mentioned that man united buy players for inflated transfer fees
and i think irish scouser pretty much explained ur point in the above quote..no doubt wenger gets players for cheap and grooms them into superstars..but again tahts how wenger works in the mkt and this is how SAF works in the mkt

You're making little sense, you're correlating the two managers when one of them is a scout and the other is one who buys big.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:28 pm

You're making little sense, you're correlating the two managers when one of them is a scout and the other is one who buys big.

again ur failing to understand what i'm saying or just what scouser's quote explained..SAF pays those prices coz thats what the clubs who sell these players demand..and again i mentioned in my earlier post that SAF presents an offer which one cant refuse just to ward of competition frm other clubs..i cant understand why u bring wenger in this thread..agreed that united pays a little too much for their transfer targets but thats the players SAF chooses and SAF wants..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:33 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

He's not correlating the two. The point is Wenger should not be praised for paying less for players. He should be praised for finding players who cost less.

Sounds kinda silly but I think it's true.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

He's not correlating the two. The point is Wenger should not be praised for paying less for players. He should be praised for finding players who cost less.

So then Wenger should be praised if anything. I mean, it's not coincidence all the clubs seem to ask for a ton of money for youngsters that Fergie buys ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:42 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Nani was £25.5M at age 20.
Rooney was £26.5M at age 18 and they broke the transfer fee for highest-paid U-20 player.
Cristiano Ronaldo was £15.5M at age 19.
Rio Ferdinand was £30M at age 23.
Phil Jones has now moved for £20M at age 19.

Why do they inflate youngsters so much ? I mean, Fergie is lucky they've paid off or he'd be the laughing stock of the footballing world but in my opinion they were not worth that at their ages...especially Rooney and Ferdinand those are outrageous.

The only player I'd pay in those ranges are Neymar, but none of those listed above were at his level domestically and internationally showing themselves to be superstars.

This is not a jab at Man Utd. fans either...just realized how high some fees were.

The problem is not MU asking for a lot but it's other team that agree to pay that much.

They really should work a system where caps are met.
Also some player start thinking that they are worth a lot. Did you see what C Ronaldo asked to Man City.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:43 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

So then Wenger should be praised if anything. I mean, it's not coincidence all the clubs seem to ask for a ton of money for youngsters that Fergie buys ?

Wenger should be praised yes. He finds quality hidden gems for the most part. Ferguson on the other hand has bought youngsters who are fairly well known. Hence the difference in prices.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Wenger should be praised yes. He finds quality hidden gems for the most part. Ferguson on the other hand has bought youngsters who are fairly well known. Hence the difference in prices.

exactly..well i think this shud settle this debate !!!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:01 pm

did i just read that rio and rooneys priceswere inflated?

rio...star of leeds run to the cl semis, oneof the best defenders at 23 at the 02 WC, one of the best defenders in world football over the last 10 years which equate to 3m a season

overpriced?

rooney? a fn snip at 28m, the most talked about player in world football after tearing up the 04 championships.

nani was 16m, less that jose antonio reyes. if youre bashing utd over player prices, at least get the prices right.

jones cost 16.5m, a value met by every top club in england.
yes, met by arsenal as well ffs, actually offering more wages and still being turned down.
yeah, wengers great isnt he?.

who has wenger signed thats turned into a gem btw? bedtner? song? arshavin?
everyone knew about nasri, and reading the arsenal forum, hes only ever had 6 good months at arsenal in his 3 years there.

walcott? 12m? really?

everyone knew about rvp, his temperment kept other clubs away

where all these little known players hes turned into superstars?

i love the way the thread is about how utd always raise young players prices, yet he has 5 odd examples in 10 years, 1 being a player on verge of retirement and 1 being signed hours ago

always lol

the reason why wenger doesnt sign smalling, jones etc like utd is because smalling, jones etc have turned them down for utd.

arsenal sign young players on ridiculous wages, thats why their wage bill is ridiculous compared to their transfer fees

this thread is idiotic tbh

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:08 pm

cyberman wrote:did i just read that rio and rooneys priceswere inflated?

rio...star of leeds run to the cl semis, oneof the best defenders at 23 at the 02 WC, one of the best defenders in world football over the last 10 years which equate to 3m a season

overpriced?

rooney? a fn snip at 28m, the most talked about player in world football after tearing up the 04 championships.

nani was 16m, less that jose antonio reyes. if youre bashing utd over player prices, at least get the prices right.

jones cost 16.5m, a value met by every top club in england.
yes, met by arsenal as well ffs, actually offering more wages and still being turned down.
yeah, wengers great isnt he?.

who has wenger signed thats turned into a gem btw? bedtner? song? arshavin?
everyone knew about nasri, and reading the arsenal forum, hes only ever had 6 good months at arsenal in his 3 years there.

walcott? 12m? really?

everyone knew about rvp, his temperment kept other clubs away

where all these little known players hes turned into superstars?

i love the way the thread is about how utd always raise young players prices, yet he has 5 odd examples in 10 years, 1 being a player on verge of retirement and 1 being signed hours ago

always lol

the reason why wenger doesnt sign smalling, jones etc like utd is because smalling, jones etc have turned them down for utd.

arsenal sign young players on ridiculous wages, thats why their wage bill is ridiculous compared to their transfer fees

this thread is idiotic tbh

JuvenelCuore wrote:Emmanuel Adebayor Signed for £7m, sold for £25m
Robin van Persie Signed for £2.75m
Nicolas Anelka Signed for £500,000, sold for £22m
Kolo Toure Signed for £150,000, sold for £16m
Patrick Vieira Signed for £3.5m, sold for £18m
Thierry Henry Signed for £10m, sold for £16m
Cesc Fabregas FREE -- that's amazing...

:coffee:
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 pm

everyone knew about henry, vieira, rvp. ffs they were better known than ronaldo,

how much would utd get on their 7m investment on hernandez?

reason why i cant counter that is because, minus ronaldo, were not a selling club. our signings dont have that sell on number becuase we still have them. Wenger being unable to keep his stars isnt a positive

if we sold keane in 2000, how much do you think wed get for him?
if we sold vidic tomorrow?
future brazilian NT fullbacks da silvas?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:15 pm

fact is, if wenger had his way, hed have signed smalling for 10m and jones for 16.5m...and he failed

thats where this theory falls down

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:28 pm

cyberman wrote:everyone knew about henry, vieira, rvp. ffs they were better known than ronaldo,

how much would utd get on their 7m investment on hernandez?

reason why i cant counter that is because, minus ronaldo, were not a selling club. our signings dont have that sell on number becuase we still have them. Wenger being unable to keep his stars isnt a positive

if we sold keane in 2000, how much do you think wed get for him?
if we sold vidic tomorrow?
future brazilian NT fullbacks da silvas?

You're ignorance towards this topic has been well noted as your long-winded post to God knows who ended with this thread is stupid simply because it doesn't fit your beliefs.

If you read the first post, Cyber, you would know that I never insulted your club, I just asked why you pay so much when you have a historic club with a reputation, which if anythin gif a compliment.

By the way, I hope this or any other post doesn't lead you into a six-month hiatus...well, it did only last about six hours, but you get what I mean. I know how much this forum means to you.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:31 pm

rio cost 30m because he was world class and you dont sign world class players from fierce rivals on the cheap

*in before juves next religious rant and banning*

im sure you have a great understanding of utd players over the last 10 years, being 17 and all

all 8 year olds at the time took a keen interest in the worth of rio ferdinand

come back when you can legally view movies on redtube.com, and not cheat by saying youre over 18.

thanks

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:35 pm

seriously, is pwning underage posters allowed legally?

im asking this because this is a stand alone forum, theres a lot of forums that dont allow under 18s in because they would be held accountable for the adult material he could view on the forum

in essence, does the law demand that juve-whats-his-name be banned?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:39 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Nani was £25.5M at age 20.
Rooney was £26.5M at age 18 and they broke the transfer fee for highest-paid U-20 player.
Cristiano Ronaldo was £15.5M at age 19.
Rio Ferdinand was £30M at age 23.
Phil Jones has now moved for £20M at age 19.

Why do they inflate youngsters so much ? I mean, Fergie is lucky they've paid off or he'd be the laughing stock of the footballing world but in my opinion they were not worth that at their ages...especially Rooney and Ferdinand those are outrageous.

The only player I'd pay in those ranges are Neymar, but none of those listed above were at his level domestically and internationally showing themselves to be superstars.

This is not a jab at Man Utd. fans either...just realized how high some fees were.

All those players were worth those prices. Sometimes, when you see great talent, you've gotta pay a little extra to get it. The rewards are gonna pay off in the long run. All those players we could sell for more than we payed for now...or sold(In CR's case) and in Rio's case, we would've sold him for the same amount or more than what we payed for him at his peak.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next