Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:06 am

'We had complete domination of the game'

on the victory...
Overall it was a controlled performance where we had complete domination of the game. It was a good pace in the first half - in the second it was a little bit off - but we were never really in trouble. We are getting stronger and overall it is a positive afternoon. We scored five goals last week, three goals today and didn't concede.

on a positive goal difference…
Yes. We put ourselves with a good handicap with the 8-2 [defeat] at Manchester United! It's good but I was not used to seeing that before. It was a shock every time I saw minus in front of our goal difference. We know that can make a difference at the end of the season. Not only is it the first time we have had a positive goal difference but if you look at the teams above us there is not much difference - they are plus two or four maybe. That is catchable.

on the most satisfying aspect of the victory…
The spirit of the squad was right from the first to the last minute. We worked well together. I was always positive with the team because of course we were in a very bad position - but you felt the desire to do well. Now that we are doing better it is still there.

The team wants to improve, to work hard and get better and better. That is the most satisfying thing today. In the dressing room at half time you feel that they don't switch off at 2-0. That was not always the case.

on Koscielny and Vermaelen's partnership…
I expected [Peter] Odemwingie to play so I opted for two centre-backs who are quick. In the end he didn't play but they worked very well together.

on Van Persie…
At the moment it is difficult to stop him. He was not only a goalscorer but a provider today, that's what I like with the strikers. The only thing I know is that he is world class. When I was a kid, in Germany they had three rankings: national class, international class and world class. World class we always knew four or five players but I would put him into that calibre.

on being the best striker in the world…
There is some quality there. But of course [Lionel] Messi will win again. He is the best player in the world and deservedly so because he won everything. Let's not put too much pressure on Robin and let him enjoy a full season. I think we can make a better assessment at the end of the season.

on Vermaelen's finishing…
He should have got a second goal with the header! I like centre-backs who score goals, but I also like in my team that everybody is scoring goals.

on Jenkinson's performance…
Today he had a very interesting game with the quality of his defending and the quality of his crossing. The pace of his improvement is very interesting. His energy levels are absolutely amazing.

on turning a corner…
I think we have made some improvement, that is for sure. But there is still room for improvement. I always said let's come back in December after the real tests. Of course the first big test was Chelsea, and after we have won another game like today. Then it'll be down to the consistency we can show. Of course we are not at the level we were one month ago but we still have some work to do.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:30 am

Arsenal are closing in on Mario Gotze after the gunners sent 2 scouts to Germany in mid-week to watch the player.

Arsenal will make another offer for Gotze in Jan, and are also closely monitoring Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic. http://bit.ly/rCpHCZ

Arsenal also watching Borussia Moenchengladbach attacking midfielder Marco Reus. Would cost £15m. Very good player. http://bit.ly/t5ws0p

Very Happy
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:02 am

guys a little word of encouragement by Thierry Henry's idol.
‎"Arsenal have the most ­amazing stadium, they have a style of play, they have a ­beautiful shirt. I think Arsenal are the most beautiful club in ­England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style. In every way I consider Arsenal as the ­ultimate football club. It is the club where Robin belongs. It is up to him to create ­winning ways so Arsenal will be the very best of those big clubs in the top six in England.He must not leave Arsenal. You can’t compare my situation at Ajax. The big difference is that he is ­already at a big club."

Marco Van Basten
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:49 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal are closing in on Mario Gotze after the gunners sent 2 scouts to Germany in mid-week to watch the player.

Arsenal will make another offer for Gotze in Jan, and are also closely monitoring Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic. http://bit.ly/rCpHCZ

Arsenal also watching Borussia Moenchengladbach attacking midfielder Marco Reus. Would cost £15m. Very good player. http://bit.ly/t5ws0p

Very Happy

Gotze + Reus and Arsenal will run the football world. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:55 am

Think that is 'will run' Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:59 am

you guys dont get your hopes up.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:26 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Think that is 'will run' Razz.
:bball:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:31 am

Now, if I was a Grammar Policeman, I would have corrected that for you Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:23 am

A tourist is in North London one Saturday and he decides he would very much like to go to a football match, so he asks a man in the street if there are any local matches being played that afternoon.
“Well,” replies the man, “the Arsenal ground is very close but they’re playing away today. If you feel you really must see a match, the Tottenham ground is not that far away. You go straight down this road and you’ll see two queues, a big queue and a small queue.You should go to the small queue because the big one is for the fish and chip shop!"

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:08 am

Arsenal's upturn continues as team-mates begin to feed on confidence of Robin van Persie and Thomas Vermaelen

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/11/06/2745114/arsenals-upturn-continues-as-team-mates-begin-to-feed-on
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:30 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal's upturn continues as team-mates begin to feed on confidence of Robin van Persie and Thomas Vermaelen

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/11/06/2745114/arsenals-upturn-continues-as-team-mates-begin-to-feed-on

Just now thought of posting this article....Classy article! Don't know why Goal.com has suddenly started supporting Arsenal....
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:31 am

In the EPL, our highest scorers behind RVP on 11 goals, are Arteta, Walcott, and Gervs, on two goals apiece :coffee:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:42 am

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny feels they have a better chance of wining the Premier League than leaders Manchester City.

The Pole feels the Gunners have now turned the corner.

He told the Daily Star Sunday: “If you were a betting man would you put £1 on Arsenal to win the title this season?

“I’d put on a tenner. I believe in this team and if we keep winning games, why not?

"The mood has turned around and we believe we can win every single game and if we do that, well, let’s see. Manchester City have been fantastic but I am not convinced they can keep going like this for the whole season.

“They will drop points at some stage and with the amount of goals that have been flying in, the quality of the players in the Premier League is as high as ever and anything can happen.

“Manchester United to lose 6-1 to Man City shows anything can happen. I hope we can take ­advantage because our team spirit is so good after the Chelsea game.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even the most optimistic person at The Arsenal,AW said that they have a very long shot at the title,but not Wojciech,LOL

Last edited by ernie_schwarz on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:52 am

How do you manage a double post, twelve minutes after the first?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Marco van Basten urges Robin van Persie to remain at Arsenal

Dutch legend believes it would be beneficial for the Gunners' skipper to remain with the north London club, insisting that that is where the striker 'belongs'

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/11/06/2745209/marco-van-basten-urges-robin-van-persie-to-remain-at-arsenal
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:15 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal's upturn continues as team-mates begin to feed on confidence of Robin van Persie and Thomas Vermaelen

Just now thought of posting this article....Classy article! Don't know why Goal.com has suddenly started supporting Arsenal....

It's business strategy. When we were riding high, other team wanted to see us crash = release articles painting us negatively.

Now we are low on morale and coming back, and everyone loves a good fairy tale = positive articles.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:18 pm

djoe26 wrote:Marco van Basten urges Robin van Persie to remain at Arsenal

Dutch legend believes it would be beneficial for the Gunners' skipper to remain with the north London club, insisting that that is where the striker 'belongs'

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/11/06/2745209/marco-van-basten-urges-robin-van-persie-to-remain-at-arsenal

Beautiful talk by the classy Dutchman.

"And I still think Arsenal are the most beautiful club in ­England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

"Arsenal have the most ­amazing stadium, they have a style of play, they have a ­beautiful shirt – in every way I consider Arsenal as the ­ultimate football club.

"It is the club where Robin belongs."
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:30 pm

Ju Young Park hopes to win over Arsenal fans with goals.

The South Korea striker is already off the mark in the Carling Cup.

"As a striker the best way to impress fans is to score goals. So I will do my best all the time in every game to do that. I try to move around and make runs and score goals. I think that’s the most important thing," he told arsenal.com.

"This is all I have dreamed of and now I have a chance to play in this team. So for me it is unbelievable. Personally I see this as my best chance to improve my skills and to play with these world-class players."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has no doubts Per Mertesacker will prove his worth in the Premier League.

The Pole has made a point of analysing the performances of under-fire Germany star Mertesacker.

Szczesny said: “Per has been very good. You don’t pay £10million for a centre-back who is no good.

“Everyone needs time to adjust to English football and Per is an experienced player. He’s looked very good and is getting better and better.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Marco Reus in September: "I was always a fan of Arsenal, because I appreciate the culture of their game." http://bit.ly/qvzi6C
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Jack Wilshere confirms he should be back in training by mid-December. http://bit.ly/tRVgVa

:dance:
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:10 pm

get innnnnnnnnn

If we can get one of Jovetic, Reus or Goetze, we WILL get into top 4.

Cant wait to see wilshere again and diaby
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:43 pm

RealGunner wrote:get innnnnnnnnn

If we can get one of Jovetic, Reus or Goetze, we WILL get into top 4.

Cant wait to see wilshere again and diaby

I admire your faith in Diaby mate. Somehow, I never can get my head around seeing him in an Arsenal shirt anymore. Would Barcelona be interested in a swap deal for him and Fabregas btw? Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Wilshere: I promise to stay at Arsenal forever

Jack Wilshere has confirmed his desire to stay at Arsenal for the rest of his career and given the club a further boost by claiming he could be back in first team training in six weeks time.

The 19-year-old England international has not played a single game this season after limping out of the Emirates Cup and was forced to undergo surgery on his ankle despite initially hoping to shake off the problem without going under the knife.

Speaking from Wembley Arena to iFILM LONDON in the aftermath of Saturday’s win against West Bromwich Albion, the playmaker spoke openly about his recovery.

“It’s going really slow at the minute and obviously I’m really frustrated. I should be back in training by mid-December, then I can crack on and it’s up to the boss when he picks me.

“It’s massively frustrating, especially after last year when we were so close to winning a trophy. We beat Barcelona at home and everything seemed to be going well and it ended sadly. I was looking forward to this season, I really thought we could push on and do something. To get a setback is massively frustrating but I’ll be back in December and hopefully we can push on from then.”

Buoyed by the recent upturn in form at the Emirates, Wilshere also praised his teammates for overcoming the difficult start to the season.

“We seem to get better and better every week. We had a bad start to the season and everyone knows that. I’m not going to lie and say we did well, we didn’t. The boys had to play together, they’re new players some of them. We seem to be getting better and better every week.

“Today [vs WBA] was probably one of our best performances. We passed it around like the old Arsenal and we seem to be back to winning ways.”

As a final fillip, Wilshere answered in the affirmative when asked by interviewer Kugan Cassius if he could promise to stay at Arsenal forever:

“I promise that, yeah. I’ve been at the club since I was nine and learned to love it. From the Vieira days, to Bergkamp, Fabregas, I’ve watched them come through and move on. There’s a crop of new players Ramsey, myself, Kieran Gibbs…hopefully we can really create something special. I love the club and I want to be part of its future.”

Lovely stuff.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Theo Walcott in England squad to face Spain + Sweden. Gibbs + Wilshere injured.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15614738.stm

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down