chinomaster182
justdoit_
LeSwagg James
Albiceleste
michael1
65 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Is Andres Iniesta an all-time great already?

Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 5 Vote_lcap54%Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 43 ]
Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 5 Vote_lcap46%Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 36 ]

Total Votes : 79

Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Iniesta already an all-time great?

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:56 am

Amazing how people forget how incredible Xavi was

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Iniesta already an all-time great?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:11 am

ES wrote:Amazing how people forget how incredible Xavi was

Yep dominated world football for an unbelievable scretch, more so than any other CM in history IMO and coincidently Spain's biggest claim to fame since he retired is beating Turkey lol.

Iniesta maybe more offensively skillful but in no way in hell has he been better than him at any stage.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:15 pm

amazing how people forget how incredible david villa was. spain won the last euros with him on the bench, but from 06-2011, i always felt he was their best player, or him and xavi. his goalscoring record for them, and the number of games it took for him to get that speaks for itself. i think cos he's not a madridista or barcelona legend that people kinda ignore him
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:46 pm

I don't. He is the greatest striker Spain has produced for their NT and has yet to be replaced. David Villa is probably a better striker than Morata all now but I am probably being silly (or correct).

Anyway, Spain got the right balance at the perfect time and got legends in their peak in Iker, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Villa and had some fine supporting casts in Silva, Carzola, the very underrated Capdevilla, Xabi Alonso and the kinda forgotten Marcos Senna.

On and I reckon Iniesta is an all time great about now.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:54 pm

titosantill wrote:

amazing how people forget how incredible david villa was. spain won the last euros with him on the bench, but from 06-2011, i always felt he was their best player, or him and xavi. his goalscoring record for them, and the number of games it took for him to get that speaks for itself. i think cos he's not a madridista or barcelona legend that people kinda ignore him

Agree. David Villa was the reason I started following football seriously tbh. It's sad that he is sooo underrated everywhere. I can bet anything even this euro if he was playing he would have made this falling Spain side much more threatening.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:59 pm

I think everyone who calls himself a football fan loves David Villa
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:05 pm

Villa is one of my favorite players ever. Only that i hated his stint at Barca because he was used on the left wing.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:20 am

Really? i think he was perfect for the leftwing, whenever i think of the perfect inside forward it's villa

he ran behind the line amazingly, perfeted the RB + B shot as if he played fifa in real life, could dribble etc
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 am

Oh dem finesse shots :bow:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:31 am

Everyone would rave about how well Iniesta played against both Turkey and the Czech Republic - two of the worst teams in the tournament - but when Iniesta puts on a disappearing act against both Croatia and Italy, nobody dares to criticize him. Just look at this thread for example, other than Valkyrja.

:coffee:

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Because he's already a cemented all time great, nobody ever criticizes a player in the twilight of his career when they have already cemented themselves as a legend.

It's the same when Pirlo was in his 30s, very rarely did anyone ever criticize him. The only time anyone ever did was when he was compared to Xavi other than that it was constant praise.

It maybe not the must balanced appraisal of a player but it's how it's always been.

Hell i remember dozens of games when Zidane was crap in his 30s and nobody ever mentioned it, not sure why it should be any different for Iniesta.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Iniesta is already an all time great. I mean if I even have to go down the list as to why he is, then I must first ask what kind of a football fan isn't aware of that already? I mean it's a silly ass question, and not even debatable.

Not surprised it's that 10 year old bias Valkyrie coming in here trying to crap on him.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Pip wrote:Everyone would rave about how well Iniesta played against both Turkey and the Czech Republic - two of the worst teams in the tournament - but when Iniesta puts on a disappearing act against both Croatia and Italy, nobody dares to criticize him. Just look at this thread for example, other than Valkyrja.

Two imp points I would like to make;
First of all Iniesta isn't some kind of 19 year old kid playing in Turkish league who was hyped after few good performances hence should be called out. He is one of the most decorated and respected footballer of all times and has proved himself at every stage be it for club or NT. He is clearly at his career twilight and isn't what he used to be, happens to best of them.
Second, you lose ur entire credibility when u endorse Valkyrja post.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:16 am

There is no doubting Iniesta and his career as a footballer. His legacy will always be remembered. But look at the posts from 18 June after Spain beat Turkey 3-0. And then nobody posts here again when Spain lose to Croatia, and then nobody posts when Spain lose to Italy.

When he plays well - "best midfielder"

When he plays poorly - "in the twilight of his career"

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:53 am

S wrote:Villa is one of my favorite players ever. Only that i hated his stint at Barca because he was used on the left wing.

Emery's Valencia with Villa, Silva, Mata, Banega, Joaquin, Vicente, Pablo Hernandez, was soooo goddam fun. Wearing those sick Valencia bat kits. It was the epitome of amazing FIFA team. :bow:

Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 5 Derbi17ene2010a

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:35 am

Pip wrote:There is no doubting Iniesta and his career as a footballer. His legacy will always be remembered. But look at the posts from 18 June after Spain beat Turkey 3-0. And then nobody posts here again when Spain lose to Croatia, and then nobody posts when Spain lose to Italy.

When he plays well - "best midfielder"

When he plays poorly - "in the twilight of his career"

Very much agreed but in my own very minor defense, I like Iniesta so I can't bring myself to overly criticize him. Bias and all that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:06 am

Did only see the first half of Italy-Spain, but it certainly seemed to me that it wasn't down to Iniesta not performing that Spain was bad.
Why would we pin it on Iniesta when you have catastrophic displays by Alba, Nolito, Busquets, Fabregas and so on? I mean, Alba Laughing

Iniesta has stepped it up more than enough to be beyond petty knee jerk stuff like doubting his greatness just because Spain didn't play well.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:22 am

yeah Iniesta wasn't at fault against Italy. Juanfran, Alba, Nolito, Fabregas and Busquets got demolished.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:34 pm

The main thing about Iniesta (and Xavi) that isn't discussed is how smart they are. they plan out plays 2/3 passes ahead. they see field like a chess game. besides their obvious talent, it's their on field intelligence that makes them legends.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5