chinomaster182
justdoit_
LeSwagg James
Albiceleste
michael1
65 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is Andres Iniesta an all-time great already?

Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 43 ]
Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 36 ]

Total Votes : 79

Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Iniesta already an all-time great?

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Fantastic player. Really amazing what he can do, but better players have been overlooked when it comes to naming all-time greats.

For Spain and Barcelona, this should be unquestionable however.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Iniesta already an all-time great?

Post by Mamad Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:39 pm

billionmillion wrote:He is zidane of this new era. But he is under shadow of messi (as zidane would be)

Are you serious?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:51 pm

wow.. should we just ope a pole saying all barca and madrid players are all time greats with options, yes and yes???
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:06 pm

He'll always be overshadowed by Xavi
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:36 pm

Not yet. If he keeps up this standard of football for a few more years then yes.

Sadly, Nobody will Mention him without also saying Xavi and Messi.

So, like others have said he will be remembered more for his group of team mates. Not as a standout performer.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Great player no way all time greatest.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:27 pm

He will be always mentioned with Xavi as a great tandem
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:11 pm

hes a barca and Spain all time great...Messi is also just a barca all time great so far imo

Last edited by Ganso on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Wow.

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:36 pm

in Barca??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:37 pm

This is the easiest question ever. Yes he is already an all time great. He is one of the lynchpin's in the Tiki Taka system that will go down as one of the best systems ever with Spain and Barca setting so many records.

His goal in the World Cup wining Spain one of the best footballing countries in the world there first world cup and ending a period of underachievement and choking in that tournament plus his tribute to Dani Jarque will be remembered for ever by the Spanish people.

If you're a Barca fan you will know this as every away game when he gets announced in La Liga he gets cheered by opposing fans and will for the rest of his career that about sums it up.

All time great is a hard thing to quantify as Brazilians will name Ronaldo, Pele, Dinho and Argentines will name Maradona, Messi, etc and the french will name Henry and Zidane etc.

But when the conversation comes up and you talk to a Spanish fan they will always bring up Iniesta and IMO that's what makes an all time great.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Won every title there is to win - Check
Scored epic goals in extremely high stakes - Check
His legacy will be remembered in epic terms - Check

Of course.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:40 pm

People keep saying overshadowed by Xavi.

That may be true in some cases, but I hope, at least by the people who watched him, they can say that Iniesta will be mentioned WITH Xavi

Xaviesta <3
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:45 pm

If Zidane is considered an all time great then Iniesta most certainly is.
Without a shadow of a doubt one of the greatest midfielders to have played the game.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:48 pm

sepi
I wonder whether this is inspired by a similar thread on RAWK that I happened to chance upon today.
Glowing tribute to Iniesta there.Unlike the jealous Stoke fans on here,they are objective and most consider him an all time great

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:52 pm

alexjanosik wrote:sepi
I wonder whether this is inspired by a similar thread on RAWK that I happened to chance upon today.
Glowing tribute to Iniesta there.Unlike the jealous Stoke fans on here,they are objective and most consider him an all time great

Yea. Saw the thread there, was interested to see what is GoalLegacy's take on him. Not surprised at the results though, because there are some people who'd say Iniesta will never surpass Zidane ever (not even if he wins multiple more CLs or WCs Laughing )

Zidane was a truly amazing player, but this taboo that no one shall be compared to Zidane is just laughable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:59 pm

iniesta and zidane are on par for the NT (Zidane reached a final in 06 though)
for clubs,Iniesta has won more but Zidane was fantastic for more than 1 team.
technique wise they were just as good.

they are definitely comparable
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Quick Sepi and Ganso retract your statements before the Madrid fans accuse you of being Barca fans and Zidane haters......

Because no one can hold a candle to the great Zidane......

Despite the fact he only ever won the CL once Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Sepi wrote:

Yea. Saw the thread there, was interested to see what is GoalLegacy's take on him. Not surprised at the results though, because there are some people who'd say Iniesta will never surpass Zidane ever (not even if he wins multiple more CLs or WCs Laughing )

Zidane was a truly amazing player, but this taboo that no one shall be compared to Zidane is just laughable.

And yet just look at the stats.
Made the difference in the 06 CL final coming on as a sub.
Arguably the MOM in the CL final in 09 after coming back from injury.This affter putting in another big match performance against Chelsea in the SF.
Brilliant again in the CL final in 11.
At club level he has already eclipsed Zidane comfortably.

Internationally,had a far better WC than Zidane had in 98.Won 4 MOM awards in 7 games and scored the winning goal in the final.
Euro winner in 2008.

He is already Zidane's equal.By the time he is done he will be clearly better.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Honestly i think he is better than Zidane as a player already IMHO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:09 pm

I can't tell you how tired I am of this "he only played for one team" crap. Or player x was better because he did it on more then one team.

If people out there are stupid enough to think Iniesta or Messi or Xavi (those are the guys this argument is usually used against) wouldn't go to another team/league and dominate then I'm sorry to say but you are an idiot and don't deserve to have your opinions taken seriously on any topic regarding football.

It's only on this board that I hear this crap and also EPL fanboys and announcers who were probably the same people saying Silva/Kun/Mata couldn't replicate there form in the EPL or on a rainy night in the Brittania.

Remember when it was a good thing to be loyal and stay with one team your whole career? Somehow it's turned into a negative here and it's just so stupid.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Sepi wrote:

I've never heard of anyone elevating Zidane that much.

Zidane was a great player, amongst the best for France and a supreme player for Madrid too but an all time great? It's highly arguable. He was, however, an extremely skilled player. I've never witnessed anyone with as much elegance and ball control as him.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
Sepi wrote:

Zidane was a great player, amongst the best for France and a supreme player for Madrid too but an all time great? It's highly arguable. He was, however, an extremely skilled player. I've never witnessed anyone with as much elegance and ball control as him.

Zidane is an all time great. Ofcourse he is. There is no room for argument unless you want to argue about whether he is the greatest or not then i would understand.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
Sepi wrote:

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Majority of Madrid fans on here consider him a god who cant be touched and you attempt to disagree you are either a barca fan or a zidane hater.....

It's pathetic tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Majority of Madrid fans on here consider him a god who cant be touched and you attempt to disagree you are either a barca fan or a zidane hater.....

It's pathetic tbh.

:study: Stop beating around the bush and give names.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
NotSureIfSerious.jpg

It's pathetic tbh.

Well its not like there arent some barca fans who call him overrated and overhyped average player.

Thats as much Pathetic too isnt it?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next