Lex
kiranr
Patrick Bateman
rwo power
Art Morte
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Munich's Breno arrested after fire in his house - Page 2 Empty Re: Munich's Breno arrested after fire in his house

Post by Babun Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Not only that, he is the father of two kids. I bet that woman doesn't even have her own children. Her justification is even more weird if you knew German. It makes more sense to get money for the lost property than sending someone to jail because you feel sorry for the owner Shocked

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Munich's Breno arrested after fire in his house - Page 2 Empty Re: Munich's Breno arrested after fire in his house

Post by Lex Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Was his family in the house at the time of the fire? I'd interpret that as attempted murder, in which case, he got off lightly
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:29 pm

Lex wrote:Was his family in the house at the time of the fire? I'd interpret that as attempted murder, in which case, he got off lightly
No, I clearified it. Nobody was in the house.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:Not only that, he is the father of two kids. I bet that woman doesn't even have her own children. Her justification is even more weird if you knew German. It makes more sense to get money for the lost property than sending someone to jail because you feel sorry for the owner Shocked

It's a delicate situation, dealing with arson has not always be easy.

Even the police department give it a low priority(executive part of government)

But for some reasons I don't know, maybe as a result of pass cases brought to the court and precedent they have set, arson is considered as a serious crime and grievous crime by judicial branch.

it's a difficult situation, I think Breno's only defense was his mental state, which makes the crime not deliberate and if it's not deliberate you can't be harsh.

The Judge had to consider if it was his own property, whether he had intent to defraud an insurer. clearly I don't think that is the case here.

If he knew or reasonably should know that one or more persons are present therein or any person suffers great bodily harm, or permanent disability or disfigurement as a result of the fire or explosion or a fireman, policeman, or correctional officer who is present at the scene acting in the line of duty is injured as a result of the fire or explosion.

I don't think any of this was present, so why sentenced him to three years and nine months in prison without parole.

It's clear the judge probably have some bad motives for numbers of different reason (eg Breno being a foreigner)

Last edited by The Messiah on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Lex wrote:Was his family in the house at the time of the fire? I'd interpret that as attempted murder, in which case, he got off lightly
No one was in there, but the argument was that he couldn't have been sure. IIRC, he sent his wife and the kids away before he set the fire, but it is always possible that she might have come back without him noticing (he was allegedly drunk after all).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Let's not forget about other people, too. I mean, what if the fire spread? The great fire of London started all because a baker forgot to turn off his oven...
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:51 pm

When i'm drunk, i become really talky, flirty and want to hug people. This guy sets his digs on fire :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Lex wrote:When i'm drunk, i become really talky, flirty and want to hug people. This guy sets his digs on fire :facepalm:

He was drunk because he had mental issues and he had mental issues because he was always drunk

figure it out.

Seriously dude your case is different from his and it's a standard procedure in arson case to consider if the defendant knew there were people in the house and it's obvious there was no one, so the attempted murder Rwo Power is trying to point out here, will not stand.

But I agree the fire could have spread and even burn down the whole city, that too will be considered but however it didn't happen.

and no one was injured not even the firemen and since he could afford high fine(cost of the house, plus compensation and other charges) the most reasonable thing to do was to ask him to pay, instead of the insurance company paying
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:17 pm

The Messiah wrote:

It's clear the judge probably have some bad motives for numbers of different reason (eg Breno being a foreigner)

ok, so now the female judge is a corrupt racist? and you base that ingenious assumption on the fact that she is a woman?`lol
i guess we can be happy not to have you guys as judges Wink

ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:26 pm

The Messiah wrote:

Lolwut? You have no reason to assume that.

Breno deserves prison. Burning down a house that costs millions of euros is plain stupid and very dangerous. :facepalm:

Although in comparison to what rapists get, wtf? Rapists should get 5 years as a bare minimum.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:32 pm

ELO wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

ok, so now the female judge is a corrupt racist? and you base that ingenious assumption on the fact that she is a woman?`lol

That is not a conclusive statement. I don't know if you are capable of figuring that out, just used that as an example.

and yeah in most cases most women abuses power if given to them or if they earn it, that's just how it is.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:40 pm

and i hope you are capable of figuring out, that this is completely irrelevant to my point Rolling Eyes
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:49 pm

The Messiah wrote:and yeah in most cases most women abuses power if given to them or if they earn it, that's just how it is.
And this is some well-founded truth, too? I am really amazed what heap of prejudices and discriminatory thoughts smolder in your brain. Actually I have the impression that you work on quite some projection there.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:14 pm

The Messiah wrote:
ELO wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

That is not a conclusive statement. I don't know if you are capable of figuring that out, just used that as an example.

and yeah in most cases most women abuses power if given to them or if they earn it, that's just how it is.
Wait, you're going away from the right point eco smile
Leave women or racism out. Germany punishes financial criminals inappropiatly harder compared to actual crimes like murder, rape or bodily harm.

@Mäuschen, if you want I could give you articles and circumstances in which you could get away with murder in Germany, per PM of course :coffee:

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:14 pm

rwo power wrote:
The Messiah wrote:and yeah in most cases most women abuses power if given to them or if they earn it, that's just how it is.
And this is some well-founded truth, too? I am really amazed what heap of prejudices and discriminatory thoughts smolder in your brain. Actually I have the impression that you work on quite some projection there.

Say for example like someone on this forum, who always move things around since they became admin Very Happy Very Happy

Kidding kidding..

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
ELO wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Wait, you're going away from the right point eco smile
Leave women or racism out. Germany punishes financial criminals inappropiatly harder compared to actual crimes like murder, rape or bodily harm.

@Mäuschen, if you want I could give you articles and circumstances in which you could get away with murder in Germany, per PM of course :coffee:

I am not saying she's a racist, I said numbers of different reasons and only pointed that out. As for the women thing, yes I stick with it. from my personal experience in life, I think women are more likely to be harsher, persistence and more demanding when they are in high authorities, but clearly there are exemptions. Say for example German angela merkel is doing a great job but compare her to Yulia Tymoshenko Very Happy
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:02 pm

An open letter from Breno's wife, Renata

http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogdadilma.blog.br%2Fmundo%2F88-mundo%2F1811-carta-aberta-aos-amigos-familiares-e-fas-do-jogador-breno.html

http://t.co/zRxtAlLP
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:03 pm

It won't help. Judicative in Germany is absolute. No amount of pressure from press or politics would change the verdict.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:55 pm

I am most concerned about her statement, that why Breno was injured he wasn't getting paid.

I am furious at this, if it turns out to be truth. I will probably quit Bayern and Germans.

She said he was tied down on 4years contract and he wasn't being paid and he could not move out of the country because of the 4 years contract.

I hope she is lying otherwise, I'm out of football along with anything that comes with it.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Well, it always depends on the contract. If Breno had a contract that paid him according to the matches he played (as several players had, like Owen Hargreaves in the end at ManUtd and ManCity, IIRC), then it is possible that he did get only a low basic salary and no extras for match appearances as he didn't play. AFAIK it is quite normal when players are injury prone, and that is not a German thing, but it is done in all leagues.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:15 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, it always depends on the contract. If Breno had a contract that paid him according to the matches he played (as several players had, like Owen Hargreaves in the end at ManUtd and ManCity, IIRC), then it is possible that he did get only a low basic salary and no extras for match appearances as he didn't play. AFAIK it is quite normal when players are injury prone, and that is not a German thing, but it is done in all leagues.

Such contract are normally given to old player, not youngstar and of course match appearance bonuses are different from wages...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2