Ganso
PinePHresh
shamr9pato
BiasedMilanFan3
Forza
31 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Barcelona (Away) - Page 3 Empty Re: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Barcelona (Away)

Post by Chagur Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Dante13 wrote:
cripsy dipsy wrote:
Ganso wrote:i hope puyol starts,seriously the guy is just a fake WC CB,ive seen him getting owned so many times robinho,robben,CR,against internacional in the CWC, Nlmar and the list goes on...hes good and experienced but by no means something out of this world,no need to fear him...

So also is pique a mediocre

Pique mediocre? Pique is the CB of the future in my mind..he is a great player

As for the game against Barcelona, i don't share the optimism in here..with a few words, i think we will lose. Simply because
they are better than us.

The only thing i want from Milan is a passioned display and great effort to take a good result.If we do that ,i am satisfied regardless the result.Barcelona is the best team in the world and we are not; i know things in CL doesn't work like that , but chances are not with our side, it's crystal clear to me.

1994. Milan-Barca (Barcelona with Cruyff and "Tiki Taka"were better then us)
2007 Milan-MU (They were better than us)
2009 Real-Milan (They were better than us)
2009 Barca-Rubin (They were better than Rubin)

I'm not saying that we'll win and it's very unlikely, but this inferiority complex makes me sick.

there's always a chance, otherwise we would accept a technical defeat and stay in Milanello.

Cheers and forza Milan!

Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Barcelona (Away) - Page 3 Empty Re: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Barcelona (Away)

Post by Milantildeath Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:51 pm

If Robinho is fit I think we should play Him as the trequartista, and have Aquilani Prince and Van Bommel in the mid. We must attack Barcelona, there defense has showed signs of weakness and we can exploit that we just have to get the ball off of them and attack them
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Chagur wrote:
Dante13 wrote:
cripsy dipsy wrote:
Ganso wrote:i hope puyol starts,seriously the guy is just a fake WC CB,ive seen him getting owned so many times robinho,robben,CR,against internacional in the CWC, Nlmar and the list goes on...hes good and experienced but by no means something out of this world,no need to fear him...

As for the game against Barcelona, i don't share the optimism in here..with a few words, i think we will lose. Simply because
they are better than us.

The only thing i want from Milan is a passioned display and great effort to take a good result.If we do that ,i am satisfied regardless the result.Barcelona is the best team in the world and we are not; i know things in CL doesn't work like that , but chances are not with our side, it's crystal clear to me.

I'm not saying that we'll win and it's very unlikely, but this inferiority complex makes me sick.

there's always a chance, otherwise we would accept a technical defeat and stay in Milanello.

Cheers and forza Milan!

THIS RIGHT HERE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What's with all this 'we will lose' talk? If we had no hope, we wouldn't even show up!

How fast people have went from the prediction of a draw with the outside chance of a win so quickly after the Lazio game is disgusting really...

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:00 pm

ACMRox wrote:
Chagur wrote:
Dante13 wrote:
cripsy dipsy wrote:

they are better than us.

Cheers and forza Milan!

THIS RIGHT HERE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What's with all this 'we will lose' talk? If we had no hope, we wouldn't even show up!

How fast people have went from the prediction of a draw with the outside chance of a win so quickly after the Lazio game is disgusting really...

Second part of my sig..... :coffee:

Frankly it's just no use anymore trying to convince people of the quality we have. We can beat them but most already believe it's lost. smoking

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Barcelona (Away) - Page 3 Tumblr_lgtrqsY62w1qawsswo1_r4_500
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:56 pm

Chagur wrote:

+ MUTHA F'ING REP ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

This is my preferred lineup, but there is no way Allegri will actually play it:

Abiatti
Abate - Nesta - Thiago Silva - Zambrotta
Boateng - van Bommel - Nocerino
Robinho
Pato - Ibrahimovic

A creative player who has not yet developed chemistry with the first team (Aquilani) should not be starting in a champion's league match. Nocerino can provide defensive solidity to our left flank, which would be too slow if Seedorf and Zambrotta were on from the start. Boateng's work rate and pace can be a revelation in the midfield 3 if he improves defensively. I prefer Robinho as the trequartista, as he has shown a willingness to track back as well. He is our only player capable of beating defenders in one on one situations with some regularity. Let's be honest here: linking the midfield to the attack has been our greatest weakness under Allegri. A player with dribbling skills and samba flair would benefit us in this match. I fear that Barcelona's relentless pressure would be too much for Boateng to handle as the attacking midfielder. A more technical player is needed to maximize our chances of scoring on a counter attack.

possible subs - Cassano, Seedorf, Aquilani, Ambrosini, Emanuelson
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:43 am

I don't care what anyone says about Boateng at CM, he isn't fit for that role. He MUST improve in his defensive positioning and awareness to play in the CM. If we put him there he'll just get engulfed by Barcelona.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:47 am

IzzyC08 wrote:I don't care what anyone says about Boateng at CM, he isn't fit for that role. He MUST improve in his defensive positioning and awareness to play in the CM. If we put him there he'll just get engulfed by Barcelona.
then he shouldn't start against barca at all imo.....we need a player who can provide passesi in the final third and get off the mark of xavi/busquets/iniesta like binho or cassano.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:59 am

My formation would be

Ibrahimovic-Pato
Cassano
Seedorf-VanBommel-Aquilani
Zambrotta-Silva-Nesta-Abate
Abbiati

Bring in Robinho for Cassano because he will get tired quickly after this past game, or better yet just let Robinho start the game. I expect Boateng to start as CAM though, and unlike most I don't see it as a problem. Maybe even see El Shawaary. Although it probably won't happen due to his lack of experience and he's never been in a high pressure situation like the Champions League.

Nocerino to come in for Seedorf, and Ambrosini to come in for either Van Bommel or Aquilani.

Score.......Barcelona 1-1 Milan.... banana
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:44 am

Ganso wrote:
IzzyC08 wrote:I don't care what anyone says about Boateng at CM, he isn't fit for that role. He MUST improve in his defensive positioning and awareness to play in the CM. If we put him there he'll just get engulfed by Barcelona.
then he shouldn't start against barca at all imo.....we need a player who can provide passesi in the final third and get off the mark of xavi/busquets/iniesta like binho or cassano.

The fact of the matter is that Boateng isn't good enough defensively to play CM, and he isn't talented enough to play behind the strikers. Therefore, the only logical position for him is the bench. Although his powerful and direct style of play can give Milan a different edge to their game, I really don't think he's starting 11 material. Think about it, would he start for any other top club in Europe? NOPE.

I like Izzy's formation, except I would start Seedorf on the bench and throw him into the game later on. Give him 30 minutes or so to work his magic and crack open Barca's slightly vulnerable defense.

Win, lose, or draw, I'm just hoping for an entertaining match. Hopefully Milan will play their hearts out and show the doubters how strong they really are.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:51 am

Wow the hate on Boateng is amazing ... if anything it's Allegri's fault for playing him out of his position ... Boateng would be perfect at CM against any given side , he should only play AM against sides like Barca . He has the full pack of a box to box midfielder , if he's staying on the bench you can put a crest on our awful and annoying midfield ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arie mahendra Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:40 am

Milantildeath wrote:Let's see what we can do the past three season in Serie A we have blown the first game of Serie A, Bologna, Cesena and now Lazio and we have gone on to do well in the league, so I'm almost used to that now. I think we have the ability to challenge Barca, we will have Zambrotta, Seedorf and Robinho back and I think Allegri rested them so that he can have them at 100% for the clash against Barca. We have an inform Antonio Cassano and that can be very dangerous to a back line that I think is beatable and has shown to be beatable when you can actually attack them. If we can find a way to shut down the Attack of Barca then we will have a great chance in this game, their best form of defense is attack. I want us to attack Dani Alves at all times because he has shown to be a horrid defender, but great attacker. Here would be my line up for this game.

------------------------Zlatan-----------Cassano
----------------------------------Prince

--------------------Aquilani----------------Seedorf
------------------------------Van Bommel

------Zambrotta---------Silva---------Nesta-------------Abate
----------------------------------Abbiati

Don' put boateng behind 2 fantasista, it destroy our system. Aquilani must be there, not prince boateng. He must stay in deep.
I'd say our mr Champions league must we operate in the left flank, his natural position to give extra "kill" and minimize daniel alves movement.
this is mine:
-------------------------Zlatan-------Cassano
-------------------------------aquilani----------
------------Seedorf-------------MVB--------Boateng/nocerino
---zambrotta----silva---------nesta------------abate
---------------------------abiati----------------------------
arie mahendra
arie mahendra
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:05 am

Aquilani has not played as the Trequartista with Milan, there is zero chance that he will play there against Barca. It's between Prince and Robinho for that spot.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arie mahendra Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:16 am

Actualy, yess..aquilani has never been played as trequartista, but our opponent is barcelona, the most strongest team on earth.
We got Ibra and cassano upfront to lead the attack they are the best fantasista in europe and will be support by aquilani. meanwhile 3 defensive minded-player must cover and protect our back 4 and win the ball. this game will not be easy. as long as we can make xavi and iniesta quite, we don need to be worry about messi.
arie mahendra
arie mahendra
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:34 am

Allegri will definitely start with one of Nocerino or Ambrosini as the RCM. For Milan's sake, let's hope it is Nocerino because besides Ambro not being suited to this position, he is also not able to play at Barcelona's pace, and his game against Lazio showed that he is far from an in form player.
Although I want to see Aquilani from the start, I don't think we will. Once Seedorf is fully fit, he will surely play LCM, and Allegri will not play Aquilani at CAM.
For most games, I will say that Boateng is unable to play CAM, but against Barca, I don't think it is too wise to put another attacker in that position, and the coach knows this, so I would expect to see Prince there again.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:40 am

Gazzetta gives this formation

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Barcelona (Away) - Page 3 Cac7b0ae

Last edited by Chagur on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by arie mahendra Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:02 am

Playing against the best attacking team in the world like barcelona, we should give more attention to our defense. if barca unable to score before 70th minutes, then we have a good chance to win the game. average, barca scored before half time or early minutes of the game. Keep xavi and iniesta and put them in the box. Rope them..!!!!!

Final score: Barca 0 Milan 1 (seedorf)
arie mahendra
arie mahendra
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:38 am

Chagur wrote:Gazzetta gives this formation

At the very least it's a midfield that can pass the ball, however I'm worried about Seedorf if we're to stop our backline being pulled out of shape when Messi drops deep and to the right, he hasn't the hustle to track a man, move back quickly to cover or even the grit we may need to use professional fouls as a method for frustrating Barcelona and restricting the damage they can do to our net.

Antonini will simply be a disaster at left back who Pedro will have a field day with, so even with his declining pace I'm glad to see Zambrotta included.

Apparently Abidal shall be moving across to centre-half along with Puyol, which is great news if our strikers attack him intelligently, whilst pressuring a backline without Pique is a simpler task.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:51 am

dostoevsky wrote:
Chagur wrote:Gazzetta gives this formation

At the very least it's a midfield that can pass the ball, however I'm worried about Seedorf if we're to stop our backline being pulled out of shape when Messi drops deep and to the right, he hasn't the hustle to track a man, move back quickly to cover or even the grit we may need to use professional fouls as a method for frustrating Barcelona and restricting the damage they can do to our net.

Antonini will simply be a disaster at left back who Pedro will have a field day with, so even with his declining pace I'm glad to see Zambrotta included.

Apparently Abidal shall be moving across to centre-half along with Puyol, which is great news if our strikers attack him intelligently, whilst pressuring a backline without Pique is a simpler task.

As for Barca this is possible aswell.......

Mascherano-Puyol-Abidal
Busquets
Xavi Iniesta
Cesc
Alves Messi Pedro

Infact iam almost certain Barca will go with this as Milan play a 2 striker system and 3-4-3 renders it almost useless while 4-3-3 can struggle possibly.....

As Dani as said before if anyone is stupid enough to play 2 strikers(no offense lol) i hope we use 3-4-3 to make them regret it....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Infact iam almost certain Barca will go with this as Milan play a 2 striker system and 3-4-3 renders it almost useless while 4-3-3 can struggle possibly.....

As Dani as said before if anyone is stupid enough to play 2 strikers(no offense lol) i hope we use 3-4-3 to make them regret it....

If anybody is stupid enough to play 3 defenders when there's Ibra and Pato ... we shall make them regret it too Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:34 pm

With Dani Alves further up on the wing, my concern about Seedorf would triple. Instead of Pedro as a third ally - the others being Xavi and Messi - the interaction of Cesc becomes the rogue threat, something that would simply overwhelm Seedorf and likely pull Thiago Silva or our leftback out of the intended shape of the back four. An industrious left central midfielder who will commit to tracking runs into the box and can tackle cleanly or otherwise in midfield would be essential. Emanuelson is a possiblity, however I can't say I'd be convinced of his ability to cope with the threats, though at the very least he has the physical characteristics and to an extent some of the training required for the job. Antonini being played in midfield, as seen in the pre-season, is another possibility of course..

Where the hell is Flamini when you need a psycopath on the left?

One possible way of using Barcelona's formation against them however would be an ability to potentially pin Pedro back, if our players are able to retain possession under the initial barrage of pressure or even if we are clean in possession when bursting forward. Our right flank possess incredible speed in Pato and Abate, which would require Aquilani's talent to unify their abilities and give Barcelona enough to worry about to warrant Pedro's timidity. It is nonetheless a potentially appetising avenue of attack if Pato is moving well and his touch is with him.

In attack, if the 3-4-3 is to be employed, then we would certainly require Robinho as a dynamic attacker in lieu of Boateng - not only putting immense pressure on Mascherano - however giving us more skill in possession and the ability to take on a man. The traps? Relying on finding pockets out wide won't suit our game when we're so used to attacking through the centre, lacking a man we'd usually be counting on and unable to pull ourselves out of our defensive shape to protect our goal, which in effect would lead to most of our possession landing at Busquets' feet. We could also become dependent on Ibrahimovic, though against such a backline I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt in his ability to hold up the ball and playmake.

Whatever the case, I don't want Seedorf to start in left central midfield - we build not to concede and we move from there in my opinion.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by cripsy dipsy Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
Ganso wrote:

The fact of the matter is that Boateng isn't good enough defensively to play CM, and he isn't talented enough to play behind the strikers. Therefore, the only logical position for him is the bench. Although his powerful and direct style of play can give Milan a different edge to their game, I really don't think he's starting 11 material. Think about it, would he start for any other top club in Europe? NOPE.

I like Izzy's formation, except I would start Seedorf on the bench and throw him into the game later on. Give him 30 minutes or so to work his magic and crack open Barca's slightly vulnerable defense.

Win, lose, or draw, I'm just hoping for an entertaining match. Hopefully Milan will play their hearts out and show the doubters how strong they really are.
cripsy dipsy
cripsy dipsy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cripsy dipsy Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
Ganso wrote:

cripsy dipsy
cripsy dipsy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:45 pm

pUsHa wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

If anybody is stupid enough to play 3 defenders when there's Ibra and Pato ... we shall make them regret it too Laughing

3 CB's dealing with 2 strikers is enough would'nt you say? it's not like you have amazing width either......

3 CB's will dominate 2 strikers anytime......

As for the rest of it 3-4-3 makes sure Barca match up in midfield and still having a devastating front 3......

Sure Barca will be weak defensively on the wings but unfortunatly for Milan they are weak offensively on wings....

So i dont see how Barca will regret anything with this formation Razz

Good luck though Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Very nice thoughts all in all, but I would build a slight hope if our mid does'nt start with Seedorf, Cassano, Ambro. I would like to see a mid of
MvB
Nocerino/Gattuso Boateng
Aqua
Aqua not neccesarly a TQ or AM but rather a free mid to roam around and recieve and make passes and block empty spaces.

Boateng or in a worst case senario Emman should be on the left, since both Zamb and Antonini are slow or bad defencively.

Point of focus:
1) No full backs to attack
2) MvB, Boateng, and Nocerino; should be very aware and not risk more than one of them supporting the attack at a time.
3) Aqua should fix in a third or even a fourth lung, I expect nothing less than 12km covered distance from him. Some might argue that he doesnt have the needed chemistry yet with our players, but the way I see it is his duties will not require much chemistry as much as it requires game reading.

an alternitive mid with the same duties will be:

MvB
Gattuso/Nocerino Ambrossini/Emman.
Boateng
If Ambrosini starts then I would be against Gattuso starting since Boateng will have more covering duties than attacking, so it would be impossible for him to cover for both Gattuso and Ambro against Barca.

In all cases we should focus more on not conceding than scoring, and keeping Barca thretened by planned pacey counters. In wawa land I would like to have Pato Binho up front in those type of games, but an Ibra Pato combo should still be fine.

Anyway I wish our Milan the best of luck, I aint asking or expecting a single point but I want a fighting spirit, and an organized team.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

3 CB's dealing with 2 strikers is enough would'nt you say? it's not like you have amazing width either......

As for the rest of it 3-4-3 makes sure Barca match up in midfield and still having a devastating front 3......

Sure Barca will be weak defensively on the wings but unfortunatly for Milan they are weak offensively on wings....

Pato can always attack from the wings ... Very Happy
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:08 pm

pUsHa wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Pato can always attack from the wings ... Very Happy

Touche.......

Anyway cant wait for the game banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next