Sabatini's Press Conference: "Totti does not deserve to be exploited everytime Luis Enrique does not play him, I think De Rossi will stay"

5 posters

Go down

Sabatini's Press Conference: "Totti does not deserve to be exploited everytime Luis Enrique does not play him, I think De Rossi will stay" Empty Sabatini's Press Conference: "Totti does not deserve to be exploited everytime Luis Enrique does not play him, I think De Rossi will stay"

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Director, do you feel that you have given to Luis Enrique a team capable of finishing on the podium?
"I do not know. I do not have this thought now. It would be ungenerous to attribute the label to this team right now. Roma is still being shaped. Certainly it is a competitive team even if I could have done better on some things, but football is like that. Personally, my head is forward, I'm thinking about January and next June. I'm already ahead. Luis Enrique should certainly clarify some things, especially on the roles of second lines are well defined. "

Which is more worrying, the Luis Enrique-Totti situation or the De Rossi contract?
"Right now more importance is being given to the triangulation Baldini-Totti-Luis Enrique rather than the players who have just arrived. There is a stalemate which I hope does not precipitate forward. I was wrong in talking about a revolution, perhaps not having the charisma nor the credentials to do so. We must think about football. "

De Rossi?
"The situation worries me, but I think it is fixable. We are talking with his agent. We are formulating a new idea of ​a ​contract, beyond the bonuses, which presents some innovative features. However, I believe it can be solved, as I said. "

Baldini-Totti-Luis Enrique?
"He who can do less in this sense is certainly the coach. I do not think that he should become the object, in the negative, of Roma's season. You saw how Antei spoke of him. I don't believe that there is friction between Totti and Baldini. Speaking about an SMS from Baldini to Totti, who did not answer, and say that this is the problem makes me think and say that this is not football. It's absurd and I can not support that there is a plan to annihilate Totti. Baldini and Luis Enrique are plotting with me witness to take Totti out? Frankly, it's unreasonable to suggest that. Totti has a great generosity and humanity. I ask Totti to draw from all these qualities. Totti should not lend himself to pass as a problem. It is a privilege to have him. He must solve this problem, meeting the coach. He must do more, because we always expect him to do something special. Luis Enrique, which I believe has enormous qualities, as well as his staff, and Totti should help him in doing his job. There are players like Vucinic who left Rome to smile again. The smile is an important thing (smiles, ed.) Totti has to smile inside. I have never questioned the quality of Totti. He must manage himself and think of himself differently. Totti has always had impeccable behavior. He must understand that it is more useful for him to play 20 games rather than 30 to manage his potential".

It's a provision of Totti in a sense?
"No. Totti does not deserve to be exploited whenever Luis Enrique decides not to deploy him as a starter. Totti is a special human being. It must be said for the great champion he is. He must give his contribution to ensuring that this media massacre ends. I do not want Totti to be known as the man who destroyed 6 coaches "

If De Rossi would go away, it would be a betrayal?
"De Rossi is not a traitor. It's not something he does. If anything, he has to make a decision, and it's part of every footballer's job to be accustomed to certain decisions. Offers have been latent, they were coming but never arrived. It is also clear that he could have sunk the blow on this situation, but he did not do so."

Borriello has evidently a grudge longer than two months, right?
"Borriello is not a problem for us, but an advantage. Paradoxically, he was more of a problem two months ago. "

What do you think of Totti's silence?
"Nobody asked Totti not to speak. We have indeed accepted that Francesco does not speak. That Totti can freely come to a press conference ans speak is my hope. Totti should be free to speak to who he wants and we have to be good in handling these situations."

Did the management lack communication with Totti?
"It's ungenerous to say that we have to explain him everything. We spoke calmly with Totti in a normal fashion."

About Borini, technical characteristics of the boy.
"Class of 91, in the U-21 level. His hunger to score attracted me. The deal to take him from Parma convinced me, so I opted to do so. At Swansea City in the Championship, he did very well and helped in bringing them to Premiership. "

On the other hand, Pjanic?
"He was always present in our thoughts. Crystalline class and very talented. In the last market day, I stuck to that idea at that price, I was wrong at the beginning because after we paid a little more. We loved the idea of ​​taking him and we did. "

Returning on Totti. He can give so much by just playing 20 games. No more office Trigoria. Now that the law is equal for everyone?
"Totti does not have to understand this concept further because he knows it and respects it. If we want to get across the concept that he asks for special treatment, I tell you right away that it is not true. It is normal for a good player to be pampered more than a not so good one, but it is not a law. Luis Enrique is a terrific coach, but not infallible. For example, I would not have made that change at the Olimpico. But we can not destroy him. And do not pass the concept that Totti is the one to want to do this. "

If Totti does not understand what you just said. What happens?
"Totti must accept what I said, modulating his attitude and his answers about training and the team. I'm asking for an extraordinary effort from Totti, I know. But he's not really a champions if he does not accept such decisions calmly Luis Enrique makes the decisions and continues to do so, Totti has to accept them serenely. "

Is there a regret in this transfer market? A refusal that could penalize Roma?
"There are regrets. I chased players who I was not able to take. I was stunned by some rejections. I never thought that Roma a rejectable club".

More regret for not having reached a player or for losing talents like Vucinic and Menez?
"Menez has been sold at the end of his contract, knowing that he would never renew at 8 million. Vucinic expressed his desire to leave, so there we lost in terms of price. "

You said that you are already thinking about the next session. What specifically?
"We have a negative balance (40 million, ed) as evidence that the company has invested. The negative balance of Rome is given by a lively market that has brought 11 players in Trigoria. It's as if we would have left the squad untouched and only bought Falcao or Pastore. I think about football. "

The story between Baldini-Totti-Luis Enrique.
"When Baldini said lazy, he was not referring to Totti himself, but in some circumstances around him that does not give him any justice and puts him into some unpleasant circumstances."

Totti is no longer untouchable?
"Roma ended the season with dignity thanks to what Totti did. No one is untouchable in today's football. The problem of the controversy does not allow the team to grow. "

If Totti and De Rossi went away, you would go down in history Roma's history negatively.
"I could not accept such a thing. I feel guilty if a youth player misses the ball. Imagine if I would let go Totti and De Rossi. "

A comment on Zamparini's statements.
"Which one? (Laughs). On Pioli? I"ll say that I did not choose him it. I recommended him because of his wage, yes. On Delio Rossi, with whom I have always worked very well, I'll say that he doesn't simply go where I go. "

Totti, given your statements, may eventually be transfered away from Roma.
"Absolutely not. Totti is a landmark of Rome and I am just asking for him to sometimes change his behaviour for the good of Roma. "

- Reported by Vocegiallorossa.

Photos:

Sabatini's Press Conference: "Totti does not deserve to be exploited everytime Luis Enrique does not play him, I think De Rossi will stay" F4f6aa0b94edc15463286025797fae49-16192

Sabatini's Press Conference: "Totti does not deserve to be exploited everytime Luis Enrique does not play him, I think De Rossi will stay" 71047bc669f6f47297113f1cfb5298c6-35860Sabatini's Press Conference: "Totti does not deserve to be exploited everytime Luis Enrique does not play him, I think De Rossi will stay" D4a36a9db0d91e4f093bdee6846689eb-11719
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Sabatini's Press Conference: "Totti does not deserve to be exploited everytime Luis Enrique does not play him, I think De Rossi will stay" Empty Re: Sabatini's Press Conference: "Totti does not deserve to be exploited everytime Luis Enrique does not play him, I think De Rossi will stay"

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:07 pm

Sabatini further confirms that he's a top class guy. Spoke his mind with freedom and did it intelligently and without malice or derision towards the media's incessant questions about Totti.

Great words from a great guy.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sabatini's Press Conference: "Totti does not deserve to be exploited everytime Luis Enrique does not play him, I think De Rossi will stay" Empty Re: Sabatini's Press Conference: "Totti does not deserve to be exploited everytime Luis Enrique does not play him, I think De Rossi will stay"

Post by ErPupone Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:18 am

I like the way Sabatini talks to the media. I didn't post the football-Italia coverage of this press-conference because it left a lot out and even there, they tried to pit Sabatini against Totti. I don't like the headlines that have been made with this press conference. I don't think that Sabatini took a position here and he was quite understanding with the Totti situation. He tried to clear things up the best way he could. I actually feel bad for Walter because not only is he acting as sporting director, but he's covering a bunch of other roles as well. He's really the face of the club now since Baldini hasn't arrived, Fenucci deals simply with management's affairs and Di Benedetto isn't really all that involved. Sabatini is doing a lot more work than any other sporting director, but he's doing it quite well.

Here's a short clip from the press conference:

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:27 am

I said a few weeks back that this needs to be sorted out once and for all because it will affect the dressing room and that will show on the pitch..
We have another week until our first match of the season now lets hope that some progress is made over the coming days..Totti and LE need to sit down and have a long chat...

And yes Sabatini is doing a fine job..Kudos to him.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:32 am

The Fonz wrote:I said a few weeks back that this needs to be sorted out once and for all because it will affect the dressing room and that will show on the pitch..
We have another week until our first match of the season now lets hope that some progress is made over the coming days..Totti and LE need to sit down and have a long chat...

Totally agree, in Rome they make everything into a soap opera and the longer this goes on the bigger distraction it becomes.

I also agree with Sabatini when he says Totti needs to make more of an effort to kill all these rumors.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:34 am

But every time Totti talks, either they twist his words to make a headline or he's brutally honest and people don't like it. He doesn't lie to the media like some other people just so they could get off his back. So obviously he thinks that if he doesn't talk, he won't cause controversy. Unfortunately, that isn't working either.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:54 am

You really have to feel for Totti right now. Man's in between a rock and really hard place. I think he's certainly doing the right thing by staying quiet though. Yes, it's still causing him some grief, but far less than if he went shooting off at the mouth.

That said, he and LE definitely need to clear the air and come to some sort of understanding or else this could prove a huge detriment to our development not only this season, but in future seasons as well. It's not at all wise to let gaping wounds fester and infect the rest of the body.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Also, it's not written in the conference round-up above, but Sabatini had a horrendous time trying to say SMS, kind of funny.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Roma just needs to have a good start to the season then all of this crap would turn into praises for both coach and capitano..

If enrique cant deliver a good , considering the easy fixtures and the depth and quality of the squad, then we should just "ZAMPA" him..

sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:28 pm

ErPupone wrote:But every time Totti talks, either they twist his words to make a headline or he's brutally honest and people don't like it. He doesn't lie to the media like some other people just so they could get off his back. So obviously he thinks that if he doesn't talk, he won't cause controversy. Unfortunately, that isn't working either.

I probably worded my post wrong when I said Totti needs to do more to squash the rumors, I didnt mean he needs to speak to the media. for me I could care less about what is being written in the papers, but I do think its very important that Totti and Enrique have a sit down and put all the cards on the table and work this out. Im confident that this is not a huge problem and its only the media who thinks it is.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:41 pm

sukrut23 wrote:Roma just needs to have a good start to the season then all of this crap would turn into praises for both coach and capitano..

If enrique cant deliver a good , considering the easy fixtures and the depth and quality of the squad, then we should just "ZAMPA" him..

I agree that a good start will help a lot but even if we stumble at first, Enrique should still be given time. This project is a long term one and Enrique is a big part of it. To get rid of him this year would be a giant step backwards and we would be pretty much starting all over again and all the great work in this transfer window would have been a waste.

checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:28 am

Sacking LE is not the answer he should be given the season ..We are building a good and exciting project here...It will take time all good things do ,like the saying goes Rome wasn't bulit in a day..If i also remember correctly Spalletti didn't have the best of starts when he first took over at Roma but look at how that all turned out the man changed Roma completely and was very unlucky not to have won Serie a .Heck I think even Pep had a crap start to his Barca coaching career..

The fans just need to be patient..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:38 am

checazzofai wrote:
ErPupone wrote:But every time Totti talks, either they twist his words to make a headline or he's brutally honest and people don't like it. He doesn't lie to the media like some other people just so they could get off his back. So obviously he thinks that if he doesn't talk, he won't cause controversy. Unfortunately, that isn't working either.

I probably worded my post wrong when I said Totti needs to do more to squash the rumors, I didnt mean he needs to speak to the media. for me I could care less about what is being written in the papers, but I do think its very important that Totti and Enrique have a sit down and put all the cards on the table and work this out. Im confident that this is not a huge problem and its only the media who thinks it is.

Agreed, I don't care about what's written in the press and what's said in the media either, but it does destabilize the environment. We need to keep a positive atmosphere around the club. At this point, I don't think there's much Totti could do though with regards to a sit down discussion with Enrique; Totti is just going about his work. I think it's up to Enrique to clear the air and take a step forward, he can't remain oblivious to the fact that there is a problem.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:57 am

What do you guys think about the Baldini rumours? its known that him and Totti didnt get along in the past and even now it seems the relationship is rocky, do you think there could be any truth in Baldini plotting to phase Totti out?

And hopefully this bullshit was taken care of at training today.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:46 am

checazzofai wrote:
sukrut23 wrote:Roma just needs to have a good start to the season then all of this crap would turn into praises for both coach and capitano..

I agree that a good start will help a lot but even if we stumble at first, Enrique should still be given time. This project is a long term one and Enrique is a big part of it. To get rid of him this year would be a giant step backwards and we would be pretty much starting all over again and all the great work in this transfer window would have been a waste.

I myself dont like to see managers getting ZAMPAed but i feel totti deserves to play every single match, thus, i dont want luis enrique on our bench on totti's expense but if he plays totti (which seems unlikely) i would totally support him.

No matter who we buy totti will always remain our best player for years to come.Ranieri, enrique and bladini can yap all they want about totti being lazy or not good in training but the fact is lazy lads dont score 200+ goals.

What is good for totti is good for roma and not the other way round becoz totti is the best thing that has happned to this clubs for years.

As for the window being a waste that wont happen if we ZAMPA Enrique, i think we have brought in a bunch of determined lads which mostly have been sabatini's men except a couple who were wanted by Enrique, thus we can still make it with PIOLI. :)ot the other way round becoz totti is the best thing that has happned to this clubs for years.

As for the window being a waste that wont happen if we ZAMPA Enrique, i think we have brought in a bunch of determined lads which mostly have been sabatini's men except a couple who were wanted by Enrique, thus we can still make it with PIOLI. Smile

sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down