Totti Press Conference

3 posters

Go down

Totti Press Conference Empty Totti Press Conference

Post by ErPupone Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Thursday 13 October, 2011
No Rome derby for Totti

Francesco Totti has ruled himself out of the capital derby, but believes the future at Roma is bright under the new owners.

The Giallorossi captain spoke about numerous issues during a Press conference on Thursday, starting with Sunday’s clash against Lazio.

“It’s true, I won’t be playing in the derby,” Totti said after he picked up a thigh muscle injury in Week 6.

“I tried to recover, but I wasn’t able to. I hope to be back for the game against Palermo next week, but we’ll have to take it one day at a time.”

Unable to hurt Lazio on the field of play, Totti decided to poke fun at Edy Reja seeing as he’s lost all four of the Rome derbies played while Lazio boss.

“Reja will be the key man in the derby, he’s our lucky charm! Joking aside, I hope that Miroslav Klose doesn’t play as he’s so strong.

“They’ll be favourites, though, as they always are…”

Roma are at the start of a new era after the club was bought by an American consortium, but the transition has not been easy for Totti.

He was labelled as ‘lazy’ by new general director Franco Baldini in a summer interview and new boss Luis Enrique initially didn’t see him as an untouchable figure.

“It’s a new project, important and young,” Totti added. “I think they want to do some great things and have a great team. You have to when you’re in a city like this.

“The Baldini interview? Hearing snippets of it left me unhappy. But everyone is entitled to have an opinion, also because I’ve always had a really good relationship with Franco.

“I’ve never had any problems with him. I think he’ll arrive here soon and then he can explain what his words signified.

“I’ve let it go though. I’m pleased that he’s part of the staff and I hope to win things together again.

“Luis Enrique? Perhaps we didn’t understand each other at the start. I wanted to play, I was fit and I didn’t understand what I was doing wrong.

“I was told that I was at the centre of the project by the club, but I then didn’t play or I was substituted.

“Everything has been resolved though. I often speak with the Coach and we have a good relationship. I’d liken him to Luciano Spalletti as our game is very offensive.

“He works us hard though, two-and-a-half hours a day. I’ve not worked so much since Zdenek Zeman was here,” he joked.

“He’s a Coach who can do well in this city. He has clear and innovative ideas. He teaches us things that we have never learnt in Italy.

“My role? It’s up to me to find the right position on the field of play. I’m just putting myself at the disposal of the team. Saying that, it is odd that I still haven’t scored this season.”

Asked for his opinion on Antonio Cassano’s declaration this week that he plans to retire soon, the veteran said he still loves the game.

“I want to play on until I am 40. I want to continue to enjoy myself. When I see that I can no longer do that then I’ll throw in the towel.”

One club man Totti also reassured fans that Daniele De Rossi, whose contract expires in June, wants to remain.

“I’ve spoken to De Rossi. It is his intention to stay here for life. However, I can’t go into the specifics because they are private matters. I just hope an agreement can be found as soon as possible.”
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Totti Press Conference Empty Re: Totti Press Conference

Post by ErPupone Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Some of his full answers:

Can this project win right away or not? Do you like your current role?
"It's a project that will take 5 years or more. It will take time to win, it's a rejuvenated team and in Italy it takes time. With the youthful spirit that we have - I have been part of the group - we can have our say. In 5 years I will no longer have the contract: or I'll renew it or we'll have to win the league before that (ndr. laughs). The role? I like it even if I don't score. For the good of the team I'll do everything, and I'm also having fun. I talked to the coach and he wants me to beat all records. "

What were the initial doubts and what do you think of the presidency? 

"Before they arrived I said that I had not seen anyone, then I met real people who want to make Roma great. With the president I had a brief chat, but he was speaking in Italian and I was speaking in English (laughs). He wants to make this city and this team great. If they want me to stay, I'll stay, it's been twenty years that I'm here ... (laughs)"

Which derby has impressed you the most?
"The last, with my first brace. After all the criticism, saying that it was better if i did not play ... It's one of those derbies that you dream of, then there's some teasing which is good for the derby, both before and after "

What is the thing that hurt more?
"The fact that it was said that I was the evil of Rome and was going against the club, that I did not want the Americans ... every time there is a new one. By now I've gotten used to it and I don't take it as badly, although knowing my character it's normal that it bothers me. I keep it inside and then blurt out ".

Who will be the derby man?
“Reja, he's our good luck charm (long laughs from the journalists). I hope Klose doesn't play because I did not expect him to start so strongly"

The Romans feel the derby too much?
“These are just sayings. We've been playing well, I won't be there but De Rossi and Rosi will, two real fans which will be enough”.

Have you decided what you will do in the hours preceding the derby?
“If it were up to me I would be by the pitch. But seeing the problems that came about when I was injured in 2006, I don't know if I'll even go to the stadium. Until Sunday morning I'll be with the squad and I'll try to give my small contribution”.

You'll be in the middle of the circle (pre-game ritual) on Sunday? How did the idea come about?
"I won't be able to stand in the middle of the circle. I'll watch the game at home, because it's Lazio-Roma, they would beat me ... (laughs). The idea was already there, just now we do it by the bench and not in the locker room. "

The friendly against Uruguay at the Olimpico could be an opportunity to see you again with the national team?
"But you really like that idea (laughs). There are Cassano, Rossi ... "

What do you think about the fact that the eagle won't fly on Sunday?
“ What a question! (laughs, ndr) I can't answer you, or else they'll arrest me. It would be a nice choreography if it were to fly, but I don't think it will. It could go by the beach instead, either way seagulls are all the same (ride, ndr)”.

Andreazzoli, Roma's tactical coach, asks:
When will you stop giving me shots on my forearms?
"Thank goodness that I give you shots there..."
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:34 pm

ErPupone wrote:

Some of his full answers:

Can this project win right away or not? Do you like your current role?
"It's a project that will take 5 years or more. It will take time to win, it's a rejuvenated team and in Italy it takes time. With the youthful spirit that we have - I have been part of the group - we can have our say. In 5 years I will no longer have the contract: or I'll renew it or we'll have to win the league before that (ndr. laughs). The role? I like it even if I don't score. For the good of the team I'll do everything, and I'm also having fun. I talked to the coach and he wants me to beat all records. "

What were the initial doubts and what do you think of the presidency? 

"Before they arrived I said that I had not seen anyone, then I met real people who want to make Roma great. With the president I had a brief chat, but he was speaking in Italian and I was speaking in English (laughs). He wants to make this city and this team great. If they want me to stay, I'll stay, it's been twenty years that I'm here ... (laughs)"

Which derby has impressed you the most?
"The last, with my first brace. After all the criticism, saying that it was better if i did not play ... It's one of those derbies that you dream of, then there's some teasing which is good for the derby, both before and after "

What is the thing that hurt more?
"The fact that it was said that I was the evil of Rome and was going against the club, that I did not want the Americans ... every time there is a new one. By now I've gotten used to it and I don't take it as badly, although knowing my character it's normal that it bothers me. I keep it inside and then blurt out ".

Who will be the derby man?
“Reja, he's our good luck charm (long laughs from the journalists). I hope Klose doesn't play because I did not expect him to start so strongly"

The Romans feel the derby too much?
“These are just sayings. We've been playing well, I won't be there but De Rossi and Rosi will, two real fans which will be enough”.

Have you decided what you will do in the hours preceding the derby?
“If it were up to me I would be by the pitch. But seeing the problems that came about when I was injured in 2006, I don't know if I'll even go to the stadium. Until Sunday morning I'll be with the squad and I'll try to give my small contribution”.

You'll be in the middle of the circle (pre-game ritual) on Sunday? How did the idea come about?
"I won't be able to stand in the middle of the circle. I'll watch the game at home, because it's Lazio-Roma, they would beat me ... (laughs). The idea was already there, just now we do it by the bench and not in the locker room. "

The friendly against Uruguay at the Olimpico could be an opportunity to see you again with the national team?
"But you really like that idea (laughs). There are Cassano, Rossi ... "

What do you think about the fact that the eagle won't fly on Sunday?
“ What a question! (laughs, ndr) I can't answer you, or else they'll arrest me. It would be a nice choreography if it were to fly, but I don't think it will. It could go by the beach instead, either way seagulls are all the same (ride, ndr)”.

Andreazzoli, Roma's tactical coach, asks:
When will you stop giving me shots on my forearms?
"Thank goodness that I give you shots there..."

thanks for the translations
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:13 pm

<3 Totti

Some of those answers were brilliant... :lol!:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:14 am

Best parts at 28:20 when they tell him that each of the 66 journalists get to ask one question. 29:57 with Reja and 24:38 where he pretty much says "Damn I'm going cross-eyed".
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down