Enrique press conference , Catania

Go down

Enrique press conference , Catania  Empty Enrique press conference , Catania

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri May 04, 2012 5:59 pm

EUROPE
Could qualifying for Europe change my mind about the future? The only thing that counts is getting there and it won’t be easy, because the one time we had this chance we weren’t precise. Two games from the end we still have the chance and this is the only thing that interests me.

CATANIA
Montella? I haven’t felt any kind of comparison to him. Vincenzo was an amazing player. I saw his four goals against Lazio in the derby and I know that he was a legend for the fans. He’s young, he has personality and he seems to me to be a high-level coach. I had the chance to meet him at Coverciano. He’s very nice and I wish him the best in his future. Tomorrow's match is certainly very important. I want to see how my team will carry themselves and then I’ll talk about it only at the end. Requests for the club? I don’t have any. When someone is already giving you one hundred percent there’s nothing more you can ask for.

FUTURE
Does it bother me to hear talk about other coaches for the future? No, absolutely not. These are very high-level coaches. And the team isn’t bothered by it either. They know that their coach is Luis Enrique, and he won’t be the first or the second coach that they’ve ever had. When I decided to come here I spoke to Baldini and Sabatini. Over time I’ve got to know them better and understand just how serious they are; both them and the rest of the club. Did I expect coaching Roma would be more difficult? No.

LAST HOME MATCH
The fans have always supported us. We had a difficult start at home, but then I believe that we settled. I expect support from our fans like there always is. They have always helped us when we’ve suffered. Tomorrow Giorgio Rossi will be with us for the last game after so many others. It will be a lovely day.

THE LEAGUE
For me this has been a lovely and interesting season. It’s better when you don’t know who will win and who will qualify for the Champions League or the Europa League.

ITALIAN FOOTBALL AND THE DELIO ROSSI INCIDENT
Do I feel Italian football is strange after viewing Wednesday’s incident with Delio Rossi? From a football standpoint Italian football has its own characteristics but it’s not much different from the others. In fact, the two best teams who play the best football are leading the league. Then from a human standpoint, between the players, coaches and press, we’re all the same. There’s a bit of everything, just as there is in other countries. With regard to the particular incident in Florence, I’ll say that I’m sorry for both the player and the coach. It was a bad thing to see. I'm sorry because I can understand the behaviour and state of mind of both parties involved. It was an ugly incident, but they’re certainly both good people and professionals.

FANS: ODDITIES AND UNIQUENESS
What do I think about the fact that most of the fans back the person who did the hitting? Actually this is a bit strange. These things are not easy to understand, as was something when I arrived here at Roma. Let me explain. The first thing the fans asked me when I arrived in Trigoria was: "Coach, make them run and make them show their quality." But then during the season, every time I did something to take the team in that direction, the fans weren’t happy with it. For example, I can refer to the De Rossi episode in Bergamo. I did what I thought they wanted as well, but instead all hell broke loose. I don’t want to talk about individual incidents with Daniele, who is a good lad and a great player, but rather about the general concept. If I talk about something similar regarding Curci nothing happens, but if I do so with De Rossi or Totti then it becomes chaos. This doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate the ways of the Roma fans. Actually, they’re the ones who provide such a special atmosphere. They’re truly tireless and supported us even when we’ve played badly. They’re loyal to the very end and truly passionate. And that’s precisely why I’m sorry that in my first year I haven’t given them the joy that they’ve deserved.

FOCUS ON CATANIA
Today I don’t want to talk about what will happen to me personally over the next few months. Instead I want to talk to you about tomorrow’s match against Catania. In fact, it’s Roma’s future that interests me – not my own.

OBJECTIVE: EUROPE
Is a possible qualification for Europe something that will weigh in to the summary at the season’s end? Of course it will be important. We can’t say that it doesn’t matter. There are still two games left to show what we can do.

TEAM AND INDIVIDUALS
My first objective from the first day that I became Roma coach was that of building a team, most of all, and then come the results. The interests of the team come first and then the personal interests follow, including my own. The De Rossi incident against Atalanta is the clearest example of this, but again, I’m using it only as an example; Daniele is a very good person. But the fact remains that I’d do it again. In my opinion that’s how you win. No one comes before the team. Not even Messi.

CALM AND PROTECTING THE TEAM
Was the team too protected and could they have done more? I like to protect my team because as a coach I see their behaviour in training and I know what they do and what they give on the pitch. Of course we can all do more, but I know for sure that the players work best in a calm atmosphere. I’ve tried to give them precisely this with the intention of having them give their best. I’ll always be close to my players when they carry themselves well in their daily work. If this didn’t happen then I would immediately say so, and in fact I wouldn’t still be here coaching them.
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Enrique press conference , Catania  Empty Re: Enrique press conference , Catania

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri May 04, 2012 6:00 pm

:coffee: He refused to talk about his future again , if he were about to stay he would say so .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum