Luis Enrique: "We'll make Roma proud; Totti, De Rossi and Perrotta are examples to folow"

5 posters

Go down

Luis Enrique: "We'll make Roma proud; Totti, De Rossi and Perrotta are examples to folow"  Empty Luis Enrique: "We'll make Roma proud; Totti, De Rossi and Perrotta are examples to folow"

Post by ErPupone Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Tuesday 14 June, 2011
Luis Enrique: 'We'll make Roma proud'

New Coach Luis Enrique hopes “Roma fans can be proud of the team and believe we deserve their faith in us. We’re sending out a different message.”

The tactician gave an extensive interview to Roma Channel that aired this evening in Italy.

“I had truly positive sensations on my arrival in Rome and the Trigoria training ground,” said the Spaniard.

“I am very happy and excited, all ready to start my new adventure, as you realise when stepping through the doors how big this club and its fanbase really is.

“I had thought of taking a rest after Barcelona B and knew about a few offers, but Roma’s call was a surprise. They chose a new path, a young Coach, and I am happy to be a part of this project. I thank the directors, as it’s not easy to put your faith in an inexperienced tactician.

“My intention is to bring to Italy what I have learned at Barcelona in these years: that is attacking football with a good team movement. We will try to win from the very first minute. Coaches bring their personality to a side. I want the team to have that attacking impetus as well as hard work.

“My hope is that Roma fans can be proud of the team and believe we deserve their faith in us.”

Luis Enrique was asked whether he would adopt the 4-3-3 system he used at Barcelona B.

“I am not concerned by the system, as I will adapt to the players at my disposal. I want to ensure everyone can see the desire to win. At the end the match will say if we deserved it, but I see football in no other way.

“I watched the final stages of the season. Now I’ll calmly review the games with (director of sport Walter) Sabatini. Everything is new here and people have to really want to support us. In a modern team, work ethic is important in both Italy and Spain.”

The figurehead of the Giallorossi is captain Francesco Totti, who greeted Luis Enrique in his recent tour of the training facilities.

“He is not only the King of Rome, but of the world. He is unique and it’s a pleasure to have players like Totti in the side, not to mention Daniele De Rossi and Simone Perrotta. They set an example for the younger players. Mirko Vucinic? I like all good players.”

There have been numerous reports of players from Barcelona B coming to the Stadio Olimpico this summer.

“I know them well and there are some interesting figures, but we are open to the best players in the world. The important thing is that they are hungry for success. When the directors decided to hire me, they knew how I work. We still have to plan out pre-season training schedules and games.”

The former Spain international midfielder has kept up his own training regime, too.

“I did the Ironman tournament and like to stay in shape. I still love to play spectacular football, too.

“I don’t make promises to the fans, but we are here for the good of the team. I think this club has sent out a different message. I don’t see football in any way that is not ambitious. I hope to have a great deal of success here at Roma.”

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Luis Enrique: "We'll make Roma proud; Totti, De Rossi and Perrotta are examples to folow"  Empty Re: Luis Enrique: "We'll make Roma proud; Totti, De Rossi and Perrotta are examples to folow"

Post by The BoyWonder Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:11 pm

nice words...

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Luis Enrique: "We'll make Roma proud; Totti, De Rossi and Perrotta are examples to folow"  Empty Re: Luis Enrique: "We'll make Roma proud; Totti, De Rossi and Perrotta are examples to folow"

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Now thats what i wanted to hear..A manager who will set out to win every game and not settle for a draw...Great stuff...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:44 pm

“I did the Ironman tournament "

Yea... Better not to mess with Luis...
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:11 am

he included simone hound doggie perrotta woaaahhhh i like you enrique... enrique u can have my xbox
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:41 am

Certainly knows what to say to appease the fans.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:10 am

The Fonz wrote:Now thats what i wanted to hear..A manager who will set out to win every game and not settle for a draw...Great stuff...
Fonz, does the chick have a name?

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:49 pm

^^^^ Zahia Dehar
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:45 pm

^^^thats the only good picture of her lol...
(thought i could find more of her, but hugely dissapointed)

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down