Barcelona v AC Milan

+30
Messi
leemhuis
harhar11
the xcx
ChollaVille
everest1
billy_gr
estrella bernabeu
Rossoneri Ninja
BarcaKizz
dostoevsky
Pedram
Omniscient
BiasedMilanFan3
Khaled
Adit
RealGunner
Ganso
Rabea
messixaviesta
matpol
The Franchise
Arquitecto
EarlyPrototype
Great Leader Sprucenuce
alexjanosik
BarrileteCosmico
Albiceleste
eelir
TheRedStag
34 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:52 am

I know Milan were statistically the inferior side even though we drew 2-2
But this draw was so morale-boosting for us.
I've been shitting my pants about this game for the last 2 weeks and to see us come away from the Camp Nou with your players and your coach and your playing style, with just a point, it just feels like a win for Milan.

So excuse some Milan posters if we come across arrogant, we're just really happy.
Milan-Barca relations are really good. Our two clubs have friendly, competitive and entertaining matches whenever we play and our forum posters should be the same.

BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:53 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
Milanista-1899 wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:Did anyone else find this game extremely boring or was I just tired... Kept nodding off from about 40 minutes. So f***ing boring...

It was the most fascinating game I have watched in a long time, from a tactical sense if not from any other.

Lol...blimey maybe this is why Serie A makes my eyes sore...

Lol... Milan - Lazio was end to end all game. It is impossible to attack Barca and come away with a result. Milan did what they had to. Maybe Barca is the problem with games being boring?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by billy_gr Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:48 am


Milan did what they had to do indeed.
Did anyone expect this Milan side to go all out attack against this Barca side?
Each team play to its strengths and that’s defence for Milan.

Thing is Barca faced bad luck and defence incompetence (Busquets).
When a team draws with just two chances you know you’ve done something wrong.

To speak for myself I would be equally angry if we have won 3-2.
When your opponent attacks twice you just CAN’T concede 2 goals.

All in all congrats to Milan.
Looking forward to Pique – Puyol pair back
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Milanista-1899 wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:
Milanista-1899 wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:Did anyone else find this game extremely boring or was I just tired... Kept nodding off from about 40 minutes. So f***ing boring...

It was the most fascinating game I have watched in a long time, from a tactical sense if not from any other.

Lol...blimey maybe this is why Serie A makes my eyes sore...

Lol... Milan - Lazio was end to end all game. It is impossible to attack Barca and come away with a result. Milan did what they had to. Maybe Barca is the problem with games being boring?

I'm not attacking anyone, or saying it was Milan's fault for being a boring game... I was just saying if you thought that game was fascinating then Serie A must be seriously dull, because I didn't really find this game fascinating.

And the argument that Barca makes games boring is stupid... The reason the games are like that is because other teams shut up shop, so they have to be patient and slowly pick their way through while keeping possession. If the other team opens up the game is great, its just normally when teams do this we flog them. If you watch the recent games against Madrid or games last year against Valencia etc, other teams opened up succesfully and thats when the games are great.

I
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:12 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
Milanista-1899 wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:
Milanista-1899 wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:Did anyone else find this game extremely boring or was I just tired... Kept nodding off from about 40 minutes. So f***ing boring...

It was the most fascinating game I have watched in a long time, from a tactical sense if not from any other.

Lol...blimey maybe this is why Serie A makes my eyes sore...

Lol... Milan - Lazio was end to end all game. It is impossible to attack Barca and come away with a result. Milan did what they had to. Maybe Barca is the problem with games being boring?

I'm not attacking anyone, or saying it was Milan's fault for being a boring game... I was just saying if you thought that game was fascinating then Serie A must be seriously dull, because I didn't really find this game fascinating.

And the argument that Barca makes games boring is stupid... The reason the games are like that is because other teams shut up shop, so they have to be patient and slowly pick their way through while keeping possession. If the other team opens up the game is great, its just normally when teams do this we flog them. If you watch the recent games against Madrid or games last year against Valencia etc, other teams opened up succesfully and thats when the games are great.

I

I think you misread him as he is saying the game was fascinating from a tactical point of view as futbal purist are still on about the conflicts of tactics and their use of it.

I don't feel he's saying the game was fun the watch.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12394
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:14 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:I'm not attacking anyone, or saying it was Milan's fault for being a boring game... I was just saying if you thought that game was fascinating then Serie A must be seriously dull, because I didn't really find this game fascinating.

And the argument that Barca makes games boring is stupid... The reason the games are like that is because other teams shut up shop, so they have to be patient and slowly pick their way through while keeping possession. If the other team opens up the game is great, its just normally when teams do this we flog them. If you watch the recent games against Madrid or games last year against Valencia etc, other teams opened up succesfully and thats when the games are great.I

I found this game fascinating mostly due to the pre-game discussions I had with Arquitecto and IrasMaldinista and the very interesting points they brought up about what could or should happen in this game, what Allegri should do etc.. I found this game fascinating on a tactical level, less on a football level. Sure, maybe you didn't find this game exciting, but your team wasn't playing the best team in the world, were they?

You say it like Milan had a choice to play open. We had two available strikers, no available AM's when Boa went off and no quick left backs to play. Had we opened up the game and played a high defensive line or thrown more players forward to attack, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the scoreline would have been embarrassing. We had a 35 and 36 year old in defense yet the two were among our best players. How? Because the style we play suited them and that is exactly why we played that style.

Let me make one thing clear, I hated watching Milan having to play like that, but I found it interesting because that is one of the only times I have ever seen Milan play catennacio.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

I think you misread him as he is saying the game was fascinating from a tactical point of view as futbal purist are still on about the conflicts of tactics and their use of it.

I don't feel he's saying the game was fun the watch.


Wow, we talk once and you can read my mind Shocked

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:35 pm

OK, thanks for the explanation. I understand you would have found the game more interesting from a tactical perspective and because of who you were playing. I'll personally find the leg at the San Siro interesting for these reasons (though more of the 'where' we're playing with the 'who'.

Well... you always have the 'choice' to play however you want. I already said, however, that I'm not blaming Milan. They played the game how most teams would have approached it, it was perfectly explicable and understandable and with luck it worked.

I think you misread me originally saying the game was boring as an attack on your tactical approach... it wasn't an attack, I just found it boring... from both teams. I was also extremely sleepy... Need to get better sleep for the next game Very Happy
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Yeah, I get where Kizz is coming from.

His view was on a pure entertainment and enjoyment level. It wasnt the most beutiful game filled with many moments of magic, thats all I think he is getting at.

From a tactical sense, Barca didnt do anything different then normal so he wouldnt of even found that intresting.

It was Milan who played different to normal, which is why i guess Milan fans could get some sense of enjoyment out of that.

I think both are normal.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:15 pm

I thought we were awful, like we always seem to be at the beginning of each season under Pep, when we play them in before Christmas we'll be prepared and ready to beat them.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by alexjanosik Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:17 pm

And yet when I said after the European Super Cup(i believe) that Cesc was a stupid signing I was called obstinate and stubborn by some on here.
On topic the problem with Busquets is that he is ridiculously slow.More than the slowness its his acceleration or lack thereof.He has zero acceleration.
Which means that if he is even slightly out of position or the attacker gets ahead of him then its bye bye.
He would make a very good defender in a deep line but in a ridiculously high line with zero acceleration he gets found out.
But its a testament to Busquets that even with such a liability he is still a great player.I shudder to think of the player he would have been with atleast an ounce of acceleration.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by messixaviesta Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:18 am

The Franchise wrote:
maybe, but thats why you have depth. 2 in every position so Abidal doesnt have to play that more demanding position every game. In Adriano we have that.

Good point.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 45

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by messixaviesta Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:21 am

Khaledbarca wrote:I would love to see a team parking the bus vs Real Madrid lol Smile

Nice thought. So would I - especially a big team in a UCL knock out. Smile


messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 45

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by messixaviesta Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:28 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
Milan-Barca relations are really good. Our two clubs have friendly, competitive and entertaining matches whenever we play and our forum posters should be the same.

What a wonderful thought.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 45

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by messixaviesta Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:32 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
And the argument that Barca makes games boring is stupid...

kizz, I understood that to be a backhanded compliment. Most teams don't want to play an open attacking game against us for fear of getting badly beaten. So they use negative tactics and thus the game could become boring.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 45

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:36 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:
And the argument that Barca makes games boring is stupid...

kizz, I understood that to be a backhanded compliment. Most teams don't want to play an open attacking game against us for fear of getting badly beaten. So they use negative tactics and thus the game could become boring.
hmm
Hmm I never really thought of it that way. Thumbs up

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:40 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:
And the argument that Barca makes games boring is stupid...

kizz, I understood that to be a backhanded compliment. Most teams don't want to play an open attacking game against us for fear of getting badly beaten. So they use negative tactics and thus the game could become boring.

Yeah, I understand this... so what, its our fault for being too good or something?? If someone straight up said that and then said Barca games are boring because we're too good then I'd get it, but they just say we approach games in a boring fashion which is quite simply laughable.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:46 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Yeah, I understand this... so what, its our fault for being too good or something?? If someone straight up said that and then said Barca games are boring because we're too good then I'd get it, but they just say we approach games in a boring fashion which is quite simply laughable.

I meant it the first way in that Barca's style of complete domination makes it impossible for other teams to play an entertaining game.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum