Lose hard
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Barcelona vs AC Milan Empty Re: Barcelona vs AC Milan

Post by Forza Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:26 am

Messi will nutmeg Constant so many times that he becomes permanently cross-eyed.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:50 am

Apparently the expected formation is this. I like it a lot actually, Poli MUST be on the field, and I feel we will be a lot more balanced this way. I think we should think about this formation going foward. SES can easily play as LM, he basically played LB last season. Also Muntari can cover for Constant's non existent defending against Barca.

--------------------Abbiati
Abate------Zapata---------Mexes-------Constant

Poli-----------Montolivo-----De Jong------------Muntari

---------------------Kaka
--------------------Balotelli
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:00 am

I would like it if we alternate between the 4-2-3-1 when attacking, and the 4-4-1-1 when defending. I think it would be the best formation for our team since it provides a lot of options when attacking and packs the midfield when defending.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:03 am

Milantildeath wrote:Apparently the expected formation is this. I like it a lot actually, Poli MUST be on the field, and I feel we will be a lot more balanced this way. I think we should think about this formation going foward. SES can easily play as LM, he basically played LB last season. Also Muntari can cover for Constant's non existent defending against Barca.

--------------------Abbiati
Abate------Zapata---------Mexes-------Constant

Poli-----------Montolivo-----De Jong------------Muntari

---------------------Kaka
--------------------Balotelli
Hmmm...not bad.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:24 am

That 4-1-1 is a good idea. I'd even play SES instead of Muntari.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Interesting formation with obvious ideas in mind , but let's see what happens.

As for Ses , he is definitely not ready for such a game right now . I still remember how Pato got injured after rushing him back for the annual Barcelona game .. these stuff must never happen again . Allegri confirmed some days ago that his comeback wouldn't be today as was expected and honestly , better this way , so he comes back 100% fit and ready under easier circumstances. The requirements and standards for this game is too high for anyone who is out for almost 2 months.

As for Barcelona , well , in Camp Nou our chances are seriously small. All i want from Milan is to show 100% commitment and be brave at all times. Give it everything and hold on , it is a very difficult game to have expectations.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:04 pm

An interesting expected formation, it's certainly positive to see Poli fielded in any position, however I am concerned that we will struggle to transition effectively into attack, with the risk of isolating Balotelli and failing to gain a foothold in possession to relieve the pressure we will come under. Last season's 4-3-3/4-5-1 was highly effective at home due to the work of El Shaarawy and Boateng, with the latter consistently tucking into midfield to help track Iniesta/Cesc when Alba wasn't pushing up. Such a similar role will likely be played by Muntari in order to protect Constant, a wise move, however such an asymmetry requires the balance of a player capable of carrying the ball or moving it on swiftly such as El Shaarawy. Of all of our central midfielders, it is Poli who most inspires comparison to a winger, however to burden him with such responsibility would be unwise. This being said, I expect Poli's intelligent off the ball movement to be essential to establishing ourselves in the final third in such a formation in order to support Kaka and Balotelli and a potential combination with Abate could be our best chance on the counter.

I'm curious as to whether Allegri will encourage Kaka to drop deep into midfield or whether he will encourage the midfield four to form two close lines with Kaka pulling wide to facilitate the transition from defence to offence. I suspect we may see the latter, I am beginning to feel that our plan may be inspired by the performance of Paris Saint-Germain last season.

Certainly if there is a lesson to be taken from last year it is that we can not simply sit deep despite the quality of Barcelona. This is not to suggest that we should engage them aggressively for 90 minutes, but that it will be beneficial to press at appropriate times in order to first establish a foothold in the game. Particularly for the first fifteen minutes it is essential to the confidence of the team that we start well and gain some momentum in the match. We aren't physically capable of enacting such a plan for the full game, particularly at a pitch such as the Camp Nou, however for the first fifteen minutes of each half, the final ten of the first half or as required by the game, we must be prepared to push up and face the risks this entails. This being said, this game will likely lack the cauldron atmosphere of the knockout stages of last year which will be a blessing. Barcelona are unlikely to be so aggressive and we may get away with a more hesitant response, however in order to give ourselves the best possible chance, we have to make like as uncomfortable for Barcelona as possible first.

I very much doubt we'll see Kaka feature for the full 90, I would like to see how Birsa performs if given a central role as a substitute. This being said, I imagine we will see Robinho brought on at some stage which I am satisfied with in lieu of Valter. Also I would love to see Poli give the full match, such experiences are invaluable for a developing player and having not featured on the weekend there is no excuse to bring him off early.

One final note, this is the squad for the game: Abbiati, Coppola, Abate, Bonera, Constant, Mexes, Zaccardo, Zapata, Birsa, De Jong, Emanuelson, Kaka, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Balotelli, Matri, Robinho.

Is Amelia injured or has he been dropped for Coppola? Please tell me it's so. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Barcelona vs AC Milan Cristantekmzhc

Cristante's goal against Barca under 19 last night.

As for the game, I'd be more than just thrilled with a draw in this fixture.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Nice to see you back posting Dosto . Agreed with the most parts , even though i think we are going to struggle to implement most of our plans in Camp Nou . Although i agree we can't afford to just sit back ; it will most probably happen for the majority of the game . Concentration and running has to be at 100% level tonight , whether it's in transition from defence to attack or to play the simplest pass of all. We can't really afford to allow them anything and this is really difficult in Camp Nou.

What worries me above all , is that we miss the ball for too long against Barcelona. Whilst that is normal against them , it takes it's tall on the players when it happens again and again during a game. If we want anything from this game , we should try and take the lead , first of all. Otherwise all our plans will turn back against us i'm afraid .

We will have our chances , there's no doubt about that and with Mascherano in i hope we can hit them there like last time , but i think we will have serious problems moving the team up this way. I expect same old , same old #parktehbus and counter , obviously , but if we want anything from the game , all of our players must be on par tonight and Balotelli must definitely have a solid performance. Kaka for all his quality , will be one man against Barcelona's defence . There was a time when that could even be enough , lol , but tonight we will need Mario to be at his best if we want anything.

Having said that , playing 4 central midfielders should at least allow us some chances to play a few passes more when we have the ball and should ease the pressing Barcelona will throw on us like you said . We shall see , but when everything is said and done , yes we will have our chances to take something from the game but it remains a very difficult place to get even a point . I am definitely not scared of them nor worried , i would even say that i am slightly optimistic about the game , but i know that is a game of top difficulty . For all our plans , i don't have any true expectations from this game , all can go amiss just for 1 mistake really.

As for Amelia , lol , idk but i haven't read anything that suggests he got injured. lmfao , out for Coppola
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:46 pm

I have read that Abby should be ready for tonight

As for Dost and Dante, i agree with the majority of your points, though i can't help but feel that Balo wouldn't be suitable against Barca's blueprint. He is a vital player and its understandable that he starts, though looking back at the Euro final and the previous game where he subbed on. He looked shackled, to say the least.

Anyway, i hope that the everyone has the right mindset for tonight. The confidence of the team should not falter against Barca's pressure, i hope the players can remain resolute
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:00 pm

I understand your reservations concerning Balotelli and it is a game like this where Pazzini is truly missed as an option, however in terms of his performance, this will be an issue of Balotelli either shackling himself or allowing himself to influence the game. We've seen the sorts of performances where Balotelli has made himself the fulcrum of the attack through his ability to hold up the ball in midfield and spread the play from there, however he's been absolutely listless lately - let's be honest, since the mohawk was shaved - and we can't afford Balotelli to get frustrated. We need the concentration and drive he showed when he suffered the setback against Reina, not the petulance of Parma. If Balotelli puts himself into the right positions he has the game to dominate Pique and Mascherano on the ground and in the air, however he has to focus on the ball and his touch, not on winning freekicks. He's the sort of player who attracts fouls when he's playing well, he doesn't need to go looking for them. Balotelli has to play the role that Pazzini played so marvellously last year. Get to the ball first, hold on for dear life, spread and break. His work in providing a platform from which to transition will likely be more important than anything he does in the box for the pressure it will relieve. As Dante said, if the team is starved of the ball we're far more likely to crumble. We need to be able to get on the ball as much as possible, particularly early and we can't do that without a physical presence up front. Niang's inexperience showed last year in his inability to get on the ball and aid our possession game and as a result, bar the one time the ball went flying over Mascherano's head, the ball would return at us almost immediately after winning it. The first and second passes after winning the ball are crucial to avoiding swift counter-attacks, the sort which ironically were our ultimate downfall last year. For all of Barca's possession, we were hit through our sloppy transitions. Balotelli or Matri if he comes on, heaven forbid, must be getting onto that early pass out of defence and bringing runners such as Poli into the game. Balotelli can play it, but if he doesn't perform in this game, he should be benched against Chievo. This is the sort of game where you have to show you bleed for the shirt. If you don't, there are others who will.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Agreed , but he's the best we have there . He has to show something tonight , particularly his ability to hold onto the ball , untill he can connect with somebody in order for us to test Valdes. When Balotelli has the ball tonight , what he will be doing with it for these mere seconds will be crucial.

I understand he has it difficult in such games and a good reason is he lacks the ball for too long and that takes it's tall in his game. He's neither one to press and help get it back . Better not try much of that tonight and get yet another yellow , lol

The thing is , he has to stop all the excesive diving , for crying out loud. He's such a strong player , with great balance ; he can't allow himself to fall down like that and especially tonight , it's clear to me he will have to demonstrate his value if we want anything , because making plans is good and all but if the forwards can't put the cherry on top , nothing ever really counts.

I know it's easier said than done , but he simply has to , we can't excuse him forever. Because if what Dosto suggested actually happens , with regards to how the midfield is going to react and for Poli to give us the edge , Balotelli must hold onto the ball well untill Kaka or Muntari or Poli move up sprinting , we will have some real chances to hit them on the counter .

He simply cannot dissapoint tonight. As for the pressure , both on and 'off' the field , agreed , i hope we show our good face tonight. We cannot dissapoint all the time and we have played Barcelona so much i feel like we are playing in La Liga these last years . Not saying there's no excuses or anything , all i want is to have a good performance to show come the end of the game.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:34 pm

As for Muntari-Constant. With Kaka dropping further deep to help his teammates when Barcelona are in possesion , i expect Muntari to be right in his timing and help out Constant as much as possible. The same goes with Abate and Poli , basically wherever the play goes the plan must be the same regardless of the players . It's that kind of game and Kaka has to give us that edge like the last time . Kaka Proud

What i am really concerned with , it's the keeper. Barcelona may not be good at set pieces and Abbiati's non existant outings off his box won't even matter , but Abbiati hasn't been good in almost anything so far and to top it all , he was out injured as well and missed games . Idk what to say , he has played many big games in his career and i hope he doesn't hinder our chances for a win tonight , be it with a blunder or caught asleep early in the game .

We have to protect him , at all costs and as much as possible. Anyway , we have certain flaws and limits which we cannot hide or hope to solve against Barcelona in Camp Nou. What we can actually hope for is demonstrate our strong points and show character and hope for the best. We have the means to look them in the eyes and answer their game , albeit their game is simply top class and there's no need to say how great a team they are.

They may not be as strong as they were a while ago , but they remain in the top nonetheless. But when they face Muntari , something dies in them ; their love for the game begins to fade and the awkwardness of Muntari gets in their heads , they can't believe he actually does stuff when they play each other Proud

Lead us Big Sulley :bow:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Dante effortlessly piling up them paras. Proud

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:41 pm

dostoevsky wrote:I understand your reservations concerning Balotelli and it is a game like this where Pazzini is truly missed as an option, however in terms of his performance, this will be an issue of Balotelli either shackling himself or allowing himself to influence the game. We've seen the sorts of performances where Balotelli has made himself the fulcrum of the attack through his ability to hold up the ball in midfield and spread the play from there, however he's been absolutely listless lately - let's be honest, since the mohawk was shaved - and we can't afford Balotelli to get frustrated. We need the concentration and drive he showed when he suffered the setback against Reina, not the petulance of Parma. If Balotelli puts himself into the right positions he has the game to dominate Pique and Mascherano on the ground and in the air, however he has to focus on the ball and his touch, not on winning freekicks. He's the sort of player who attracts fouls when he's playing well, he doesn't need to go looking for them. Balotelli has to play the role that Pazzini played so marvellously last year. Get to the ball first, hold on for dear life, spread and break. His work in providing a platform from which to transition will likely be more important than anything he does in the box for the pressure it will relieve. As Dante said, if the team is starved of the ball we're far more likely to crumble. We need to be able to get on the ball as much as possible, particularly early and we can't do that without a physical presence up front. Niang's inexperience showed last year in his inability to get on the ball and aid our possession game and as a result, bar the one time the ball went flying over Mascherano's head, the ball would return at us almost immediately after winning it. The first and second passes after winning the ball are crucial to avoiding swift counter-attacks, the sort which ironically were our ultimate downfall last year. For all of Barca's possession, we were hit through our sloppy transitions. Balotelli or Matri if he comes on, heaven forbid, must be getting onto that early pass out of defence and bringing runners such as Poli into the game. Balotelli can play it, but if he doesn't perform in this game, he should be benched against Chievo. This is the sort of game where you have to show you bleed for the shirt. If you don't, there are others who will.
Milan are going to need a wall like this one Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:02 pm

we don't need a wall against Barcelona .

Spoiler:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:01 pm

Robinho starting over Balo..

I can see why tbh, Balo has been really poor these past few games.

Robinho and Kaka link up really, there transitions will be much faster. Counter attacking quickly will be important against Barca. With Balo he would probably hold on to the ball for a bit too long imo. And would rather take a shot and fish for fouls than help create a goal scoring opportunity.

He's also a card threat, and we all know the relation between refs and Barca :coffee:

However his physical presence is enough to cause any team a headache. And its Balo, the guy that can make something out of nothing.

Tactical decision by Max tonight, I wonder how it will pay off though..
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:06 pm

I think he is right in benching Balo.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Barcelona: Valdes; Dani Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Alexis Sanchez, Messi, Neymar

Barcelona bench: Pinto, Montoya, Bartra, Fabregas, Song, Tello, Pedro

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson; Poli, Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Kaka; Robinho

Milan bench: Coppola, Constant, Zaccardo, Bonera, Birsa, Balotelli, Matri

Barca playing a 4-3-3 and Milan playing a 4-4-1-1.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Getting sick and tired of Refcelona.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Milan are going to need a wall like this one Proud
Really should have bothered to paragraph that post. Laughing

I am highly critical of Allegri's decision to bench Balotelli for Robinho. Whilst the decision is defendable should he not have been putting in the necessary effort in training or as a response to his current form, it was an inexplicable oversight to do so without readjusting our midfield. Without a clear reference point up front it was imperative that we instead offer a threat on the wings, however the lack of a player to drive Barcelona back down the flank left our team aimless on the counter. Unable to establish possession through the centre given the competent job done by Barcelona to marshal Robinho, pressure was put upon Poli in a wide role that he was understandably unable to escape. The first half was a period of exceptional waste on the ball and to suffer a 45 minute handicap was unacceptable. As soon as Balotelli was introduced, he gave us the ability to hold the play on the flank and bring the likes of Kaka, Poli and Muntari into the game and we were able to work to the top of the box. As I stated in my post before the match, the most important work that someone such as Balotelli could do was to get to the ball before the central defenders around the half way line and let us escape Barcelona's half. It was unfortunate that after an encouraging twenty or so minutes the team began to tire significantly and could no longer use Balotelli as effectively, however it is hopefully a lesson learnt for Allegri.

Barcelona's focus on playing through Neymar to the detriment of Sanchez provided an excellent avenue to switch the play on the counter as the game became compressed within the right side of the pitch throughout the second half and Emanuelson proved an excellent overlapping threat when given such space to run into, however it was an option we didn't make enough use of, though there were several wasteful crossfield balls that went looking in search of this avenue. Abbiati was heroic at times tonight, an excellent showing particularly his stops on Sanchez and Iniesta in the second half. Badly let down by his defence tonight, though every player had his highs and lows. Whilst the camera work means I haven't seen the full penalty incident even still, Abate's action for the penalty was clumsy and dangerous in a European match and I have no complaints, whilst not only he but Mexes and Zapata were made to look ridiculous by Neymar at one stage. Abate though, to his credit, also had three superb moments coming in from behind to protect the central defenders and one great tackle on Neymar, whilst Mexes had an epic tackle on Messi to boast of. All in all though, whilst I am looking for positives, it was a poor show from our defence, exemplified by the goal conceded at a set-piece. That Barcelona didn't even need to score from open play to win tonight was a tragic indictment on our levels of concentration.

I could go through each player's performance, however I'd rather just move on from an inevitable loss and focus on the league. If we don't play Barcelona again for ten years it will be too soon for me.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next