Albiceleste
eelir
TheRedStag
34 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by messixaviesta Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:24 am

The Franchise wrote:Well I dont think Puyol was ready to start. Pep would of liked to bring him on with the chance of starting him against Milan.

Yes but that still doesn't explain why he put both Abidal and Mascherano on the bench. Both were tired from having played a lot of minutes in the internationals and Mascherano also from long travel but even then I think Mascherano with his kind of stamina would have been able to play. Abidal hadn't traveled that much. He may not have minded playing either.

I have been thinking a little more about our CB options. Yes perhaps we should have bought one quality CB this summer but is it that bad a situation as such. I mean consider this.

We all agree that our first choice pairing Puyol and Pique are among the best in the world. Now consider Abidal as third choice CB. Would he not rate pretty high compared to other top team's third choice CB? Similarly Mascherano as fourth choice CB. How bad an option is that? Also in the absence of both Pique and Abdial, we can play Busquets or even Fontas as a ball playing CB. So are we not reasonably well covered?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:28 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Fellas, lets organise a chat before the game.

It will be early in Oz so I won't be on till about 30 mins before the game, but I suggest the forum meets at the chat-room maybe 2 or 1 hours before kickoff?

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

You mean at the new forum, right? Fine I hope to be there well before 30 minutes from the game start time.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:31 am

messixaviesta wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:Fellas, lets organise a chat before the game.

It will be early in Oz so I won't be on till about 30 mins before the game, but I suggest the forum meets at the chat-room maybe 2 or 1 hours before kickoff?

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

You mean at the new forum, right? Fine I hope to be there well before 30 minutes from the game start time.

Yes, the new one has replaced the old one for now. Unless there is rapturous disapproval we're going to stay there.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:33 am

Two things that are confusing me a little bit.

1. I liked dani's lineup where he used four midfielders but if that is the lineup I would call the formation a 4-3-1-2 rather than a 3-4-3 like dani put it. dani, any reason why you are showing D.Alves as a forward? I mean he is well capable of manning the whole flank and should start as right back making even more forays forward than he normally does if at all that is possible. Otherwise I say a basic 4-3-3, our standard lineup from last season and vintage Barca.

2. I don't know why you all are giving this match so much importance calling it biggest game of the season and things like that. For me the Spanish Super Cup, the Uefa Super Cup and even the La Liga opener against Villarreal were bigger games. If we had won the match against Sociedad and drawn this one, it would have been quite fine. Or in more apt words I should say I don't see any reason for having deprioritized the Sociedad match so as to give us better chances of winning this one. Either both are equal priority or if anything the La Liga game should have been given higher priority. Now I think a win has become more important because there is a need to show that we have recovered quickly.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:52 am

I have a quick question to make:

Do you fear playing Milan? Sure you are Barcelona and all and I respect your club, player and coach immensely, but surely you must have some doubt going into this game? You all sound so confident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:17 am

Milanista-1899 wrote:I have a quick question to make:

Do you fear playing Milan? Sure you are Barcelona and all and I respect your club, player and coach immensely, but surely you must have some doubt going into this game? You all sound so confident.

Well its at the Camp nou, and frankly we won't win.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:32 am

Milanista-1899 wrote:I have a quick question to make:

Well, I think we all hold the opinion that if our team plays as its capable of playing we will win. Its no disrespect to Milan or anything... we believe this team will beat anyone when its playing properly. I don't think this is an unjustified opinion at this point. The team is just that good.

However, of course... its football, and if we don't show up on the day, Milan could beat us. So of course there are always some nerves. I just believe that if this team plays the way its supposed to it will win, no matter how the other team does.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:58 am

I think it is obvious to any football enthusiast that Barca, on their day, could not only beat but embarrass any professional football team on the planet.

My question is not whether or not Barcelona will win, but something more along the lines of, do you still get that little shiver when seeing the name Milan like I do when I see Barca, Real Madrid, United, Inter....

Has Milan lost their intimidation in Europe?

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Milanista-1899 wrote:I think it is obvious to any football enthusiast that Barca, on their day, could not only beat but embarrass any professional football team on the planet.

My question is not whether or not Barcelona will win, but something more along the lines of, do you still get that little shiver when seeing the name Milan like I do when I see Barca, Real Madrid, United, Inter....

I get you... a great question actually...

I don't think its the same really... Tbh I've pretty much always backed Barca to beat anyone before this era, but there was certainly more nerves before. Big teams definitely worried me. Now... well this is not a knockout round so there's not really any great fear at all. If we lose it and we then have to go to the San Siro and win to stay in the UCL it may be a different matter.

I was very nervous last year in the UCL last few games... but it wasn't because I was scared of the opponent, but scared the team would underachieve. I was convinced the team was the best, and that thought that a stupid mistake could ruin our chance of taking the trophy I believed we deserved was much more nervewracking.

In the knockout rounds there probably won't really be any pushovers... but of course I'd still prefer getting a nice draw for the first 2 rounds.

The Clasicos are still very nervy for me...but no matter how good we are, they always will be.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:41 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:I get you... a great question actually...

I don't think its the same really... Tbh I've pretty much always backed Barca to beat anyone before this era, but there was certainly more nerves before. Big teams definitely worried me. Now... well this is not a knockout round so there's not really any great fear at all. If we lose it and we then have to go to the San Siro and win to stay in the UCL it may be a different matter.

I was very nervous last year in the UCL last few games... but it wasn't because I was scared of the opponent, but scared the team would underachieve. I was convinced the team was the best, and that thought that a stupid mistake could ruin our chance of taking the trophy I believed we deserved was much more nervewracking.

In the knockout rounds there probably won't really be any pushovers... but of course I'd still prefer getting a nice draw for the first 2 rounds.

The Clasicos are still very nervy for me...but no matter how good we are, they always will be.

Completely understood. Short answer, no. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:11 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Watched the second half Dani, Boateng fell on his arm going for a header and was holding his shoulder, though he played on for about twenty minutes afterwards before being removed when it incidentally looked like he was cramping, though it looked like he was about to be taken off anyway. On the bench he was wearing an ice-pack on his shoulder, however given that I've heard nothing of it since I think we can assume that after a good massage and treatment he's pulled up fine.

I see, thanks for the update.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:18 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Well I dont think Puyol was ready to start. Pep would of liked to bring him on with the chance of starting him against Milan.

Yes but that still doesn't explain why he put both Abidal and Mascherano on the bench. Both were tired from having played a lot of minutes in the internationals and Mascherano also from long travel but even then I think Mascherano with his kind of stamina would have been able to play. Abidal hadn't traveled that much. He may not have minded playing either.

I have been thinking a little more about our CB options. Yes perhaps we should have bought one quality CB this summer but is it that bad a situation as such. I mean consider this.

We all agree that our first choice pairing Puyol and Pique are among the best in the world. Now consider Abidal as third choice CB. Would he not rate pretty high compared to other top team's third choice CB? Similarly Mascherano as fourth choice CB. How bad an option is that? Also in the absence of both Pique and Abdial, we can play Busquets or even Fontas as a ball playing CB. So are we not reasonably well covered?

Yeah I agree, after the match I said was resting Abidal really neded? My opinion was no.

I read on Barca's website he doesnt have full endurance and stamina, he hopes to get back to 100%, so why not play him?

Yes, I agree those first 3 are great chocies to have. I think they rival anyone for depth and quality.

However, do we not want Abilda at leftback? In big games I think everyone would prefer that. So that takes him out, because he can be in two places at once.

Mascherano has done well for himself in a defensive sense, but he isnt good on the ball for me. Defensively he is more then worthy of 4th choice, offensively he isnt.

Also, Busquets got owned in the air aganist Sociedad for the goal. I somehow doubt it would of been any different if it was Mascherano.

I find it strange we can have like 8 midfielders for 3 positions, but we have to scrape the barrell in the heart of defence. Especially after not so long ago Pep had 5 true centerbacks in Puyol, Pique, Marquez, Chgy and Milito. Now we are down to 2.5 true centerbacks.

I dont think the situation is dire at all, but I personally would of had another real centerback. Thats all im saying really.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:22 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Two things that are confusing me a little bit.

1. I liked dani's lineup where he used four midfielders but if that is the lineup I would call the formation a 4-3-1-2 rather than a 3-4-3 like dani put it. dani, any reason why you are showing D.Alves as a forward? I mean he is well capable of manning the whole flank and should start as right back making even more forays forward than he normally does if at all that is possible. Otherwise I say a basic 4-3-3, our standard lineup from last season and vintage Barca.

2. I don't know why you all are giving this match so much importance calling it biggest game of the season and things like that. For me the Spanish Super Cup, the Uefa Super Cup and even the La Liga opener against Villarreal were bigger games. If we had won the match against Sociedad and drawn this one, it would have been quite fine. Or in more apt words I should say I don't see any reason for having deprioritized the Sociedad match so as to give us better chances of winning this one. Either both are equal priority or if anything the La Liga game should have been given higher priority. Now I think a win has become more important because there is a need to show that we have recovered quickly.

Because I would play Alves as a forward. The forwards need to destroy the opponants only width which comes from fullback by staiyng high and wide. Alves is known for that.

So, its still indeed a 343. Why would he need to start at fullback when nobody ever will go into his zone other then the leftback who will be over 60m down the other end of the pitch?

As shown in the Inter-Milan supercup game I linked, the Iner wingbacks had nothing to do and ended up playing that high up the pitch naturally.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:06 pm

I think that Milan Midfield is not going to hold so much time !! With Van Bommel (34 yo), Seedorf (35yo) and Nocerino (new) the mission will be almost impossible. Barça midfielders and strikers are very technical, fast and young and if the Milanista trio sink early in the match, Barça would have a walk to remember Laughing (94 engraved)
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Good luck guys…

I was so pissed from the Sociedad game.
Lets hope this fares as expected
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Its looking increasing like I am going to miss the game.........im pissed.

If anyone could do me the favour of pointing me in the right direction in terms of rewatching the game later, I would be very thankfull.

Seeing as im a Admin, me owing you one is a place you want to be (no homo lol).
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:46 pm

The Franchise wrote:Its looking increasing like I am going to miss the game.........im pissed.

If anyone could do me the favour of pointing me in the right direction in terms of rewatching the game later, I would be very thankfull.

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 3 Homo

Razz I'll see what i can do drinking
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:Its looking increasing like I am going to miss the game.........im pissed.

i cant watch it live either, i feel your pain. i always use the rojadirecta.es forums, you can download the full match in HD without seeing any headlines/highlights on the site. its always so tempting to check espn while the match is downloading though! haha
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:10 pm

Thanks a ton, both of you.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:25 pm

The Franchise wrote:Thanks a ton, both of you.

Still a homo though Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:32 pm

LOL

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Milanista-1899 wrote:

To be very honest yes. Since UCL 2007 Milan have really gone down in Europe. The players who used to be key for them in Europe are either gone or over the hill. The replacements either don't have the quality or the mentality. There are quite a few other sides who are bigger names in Europe in the present times. Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United I think are quite clearly the top three probably in that order. Then I would probably list Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Inter also above Milan. There could be more teams as well.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:04 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Yeah I agree, after the match I said was resting Abidal really neded? My opinion was no.

I read on Barca's website he doesnt have full endurance and stamina, he hopes to get back to 100%, so why not play him?

Yes, I agree those first 3 are great chocies to have. I think they rival anyone for depth and quality.

However, do we not want Abilda at leftback? In big games I think everyone would prefer that. So that takes him out, because he can be in two places at once.

Mascherano has done well for himself in a defensive sense, but he isnt good on the ball for me. Defensively he is more then worthy of 4th choice, offensively he isnt.

Also, Busquets got owned in the air aganist Sociedad for the goal. I somehow doubt it would of been any different if it was Mascherano.

I find it strange we can have like 8 midfielders for 3 positions, but we have to scrape the barrell in the heart of defence. Especially after not so long ago Pep had 5 true centerbacks in Puyol, Pique, Marquez, Chgy and Milito. Now we are down to 2.5 true centerbacks.

I dont think the situation is dire at all, but I personally would of had another real centerback. Thats all im saying really.

Nice reply dani - pretty much agree with everything.

One point that arises out of what you have said is that if we had got a top class left back, that might have also been another way of solving this problem. No wonder then that we were linked to a few left backs but hardly any of them were top class ones I suppose. Also why is there a lack of confidence in Adriano. If Marcelo has improved so much defensively why can't we expect Adriano to become good enough to be first choice for us even in big games if he gets to play day in day out?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Because I would play Alves as a forward. The forwards need to destroy the opponants only width which comes from fullback by staiyng high and wide. Alves is known for that.

So, its still indeed a 343. Why would he need to start at fullback when nobody ever will go into his zone other then the leftback who will be over 60m down the other end of the pitch?

As shown in the Inter-Milan supercup game I linked, the Iner wingbacks had nothing to do and ended up playing that high up the pitch naturally.

I see. It does make sense.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 3 Xkno7b

Why does Pep have so big soft spot for Keita? He's awful at DM. Busquets as CB? Meh.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:52 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Nice reply dani - pretty much agree with everything.

One point that arises out of what you have said is that if we had got a top class left back, that might have also been another way of solving this problem. No wonder then that we were linked to a few left backs but hardly any of them were top class ones I suppose. Also why is there a lack of confidence in Adriano. If Marcelo has improved so much defensively why can't we expect Adriano to become good enough to be first choice for us even in big games if he gets to play day in day out?

Perhaps, but I like Adriano so I wouldnt like to see him 3rd choice leftback. Also, which leftback are we able to get who is better then Abidal there? I struggle to name one.

I dont lack confidence in Adriano, I like him alot. Its just Abidal is better. Aside from Cole at Chelsea, there isnt a leftback in the world I would feel safer playing with then Abidal.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next