TheRedStag
34 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Barcelona v AC Milan - Page 4 Empty Re: Barcelona v AC Milan

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:52 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Yeah I agree, after the match I said was resting Abidal really neded? My opinion was no.

I read on Barca's website he doesnt have full endurance and stamina, he hopes to get back to 100%, so why not play him?

Yes, I agree those first 3 are great chocies to have. I think they rival anyone for depth and quality.

However, do we not want Abilda at leftback? In big games I think everyone would prefer that. So that takes him out, because he can be in two places at once.

Mascherano has done well for himself in a defensive sense, but he isnt good on the ball for me. Defensively he is more then worthy of 4th choice, offensively he isnt.

Also, Busquets got owned in the air aganist Sociedad for the goal. I somehow doubt it would of been any different if it was Mascherano.

I find it strange we can have like 8 midfielders for 3 positions, but we have to scrape the barrell in the heart of defence. Especially after not so long ago Pep had 5 true centerbacks in Puyol, Pique, Marquez, Chgy and Milito. Now we are down to 2.5 true centerbacks.

I dont think the situation is dire at all, but I personally would of had another real centerback. Thats all im saying really.

Nice reply dani - pretty much agree with everything.

One point that arises out of what you have said is that if we had got a top class left back, that might have also been another way of solving this problem. No wonder then that we were linked to a few left backs but hardly any of them were top class ones I suppose. Also why is there a lack of confidence in Adriano. If Marcelo has improved so much defensively why can't we expect Adriano to become good enough to be first choice for us even in big games if he gets to play day in day out?

Perhaps, but I like Adriano so I wouldnt like to see him 3rd choice leftback. Also, which leftback are we able to get who is better then Abidal there? I struggle to name one.

I dont lack confidence in Adriano, I like him alot. Its just Abidal is better. Aside from Cole at Chelsea, there isnt a leftback in the world I would feel safer playing with then Abidal.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Keita OUT, Adriano IN on LB, Busi to DM, Abidal on CB!!!
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Ive noticed that xaviesta is definitely decreasing...Should I be worried?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:00 pm

LoOoOoOoL

WHAT A JOKE !!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Someone has to really make to player concentrate more. We lost a 2-0 lead because they lost the concentration and now they let in a goal in the first 1 minute and in the last minunte!

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:50 pm

I guess buying a CB is something we should think about in winter transfer window?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 pm

eelir wrote:I guess buying a CB is something we should think about in winter transfer window?

eelir wrote:I guess buying a CB is something we should think about in winter transfer window?
no we don't need a CB..

Just keep Busquets away from CB position especially in Big matches & play him as a DM!!

Alves Mascherano Puyol Abidal

OR

Alves Puyol Abidal Adriano

OR

Alves Mascherano Abidal Adriano

DONE.. we shoulshave played with one of these line-ups & we are safe in the defence!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:36 pm

One Injury away from disaster Khaled, we all want support Pep but we have to accept he was wrong here we needed a CB and its showing already.....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:

no we don't need a CB..

Just keep Busquets away from CB position especially in Big matches & play him as a DM!!

Alves Mascherano Puyol Abidal

OR

Alves Puyol Abidal Adriano

OR

Alves Mascherano Abidal Adriano

DONE.. we shoulshave played with one of these line-ups & we are safe in the defence!!

Pique is dead ??

Otherwise, Barcelona Total Football is being misunderstood by some players and sometimes by Pep himself. Passing the ball from one side to another, playing on the width of the pitch, make the openent running after the ball is something becoming traditional and other clubs are aware of that and they are well prepared to face it. If we were in Handball match today, the referee would whistle hundred of times the passif football.
Barcelona had 70% possession and Milan take a point from Camp Nou, Barça should learn that direct football is also a good alternative.
Some friends of mine were pissed of barça attitude when there was many opportunities to play Milan in different ways.
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:55 pm

I have always been Milan supporter, I remember when we were considered like Barcelona now (or better) with Ruud Gullit, Marco Van Basten and Frank Rijkaard and many Italian champions. I always feared even Barcelona, or Bayern, Manchester or even Inter or Juventus.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:52 am

Mascherano and injury prone Puyol at the back? Come on Khaled, be honest here.

Mascherano is horrible on the ball and Puyol is only a little bit better. Puyol probably won play 30 games this season either.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:53 am

The xcx wrote:Ive noticed that xaviesta is definitely decreasing...Should I be worried?

Are you sure you want to troll today? It might cost you more then usual.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:27 am

I am going to watch the game again, because I saw only 60 minutes and not even continously. So I think I should, despite how it ends.

I thought before the game, we shoudl play 343, I actually would of insisted on it.

I am reading the goal.com player rating and they say both Abidal and Dani Alves had nothing to do defensively. From what I saw, I would agree.

Now, if that is the case and they had nothing to do defensively at fullback I feel it further proves my point that we should of played 343. Especially seeing as Pato's goal came through the center, the extra body centerally in both defence and midfield surely would of helped.

It sounds to me like both of our fullbacks were wasted in a defensive sense.

Anyway, I will watch the game before sticking these comments but just a thought.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:11 am

I only saw the last 30 minutes, and milan barley touched the ball. Sometimes what frustrates me as why barca doesn't shoot from 30 meters.Villa, pedro and messi have powerful shots. Milian didn't let barca into their box at all, so barca had so much space in the 25-30 meter area to take power shots.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:20 am

The Franchise wrote:Mascherano and injury prone Puyol at the back? Come on Khaled, be honest here.

Mascherano is horrible on the ball and Puyol is only a little bit better. Puyol probably won play 30 games this season either.

Puyol + Mascherano, i'm sure Pato wouldn't have scored that goal..
Sergio should never play @CB for now..
Even a line-up of Alves Mascherano Abidal Adriano will be fine..

Puyol is back & Pique should be back this weekend.... so i don't think we should have these problems again..

One of the reasons i don't want a new CB, cuz i don't think we can find the CB we need..
Plus, i want our youth to take their chance..

Do u have someone in mind, that we Can buy & replace Puyol in the future?
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:29 am

Barca fans, Chiellini is off limits :coffee:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:37 am

Khaledbarca wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Mascherano and injury prone Puyol at the back? Come on Khaled, be honest here.

Puyol + Mascherano, i'm sure Pato wouldn't have scored that goal..
Sergio should never play @CB for now..
Even a line-up of Alves Mascherano Abidal Adriano will be fine..

Puyol is back & Pique should be back this weekend.... so i don't think we should have these problems again..

One of the reasons i don't want a new CB, cuz i don't think we can find the CB we need..
Plus, i want our youth to take their chance..

Do u have someone in mind, that we Can buy & replace Puyol in the future?

Maybe Pato wouldnt of scored that goal, but we would of had trouble passing from the back and have more errors and the opponants more chances with the ball.

I like the second line up, the two Brazilians, Puyol/Mascherano with Abidal. But not both Mascherano and Puyol.

You say we wont have these problems again, but when one of Pique or Puyol is out again, we very well might.

The youth arent ready..not if Fontas is the most ready of them.

Do I have someone we can buy to replace Puyol? No, I dont.

But he doesnt have to, we just needed a reliable player who isnt mistake prone. I could of named a few of those.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:20 am

Pedro gives the ball away the most out of all our players I think.

First 15 minutes, he gave it away 3 times.

Which is alot when you consider he probably one got the ball passed to him about 5 times in those 15 minutes.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:31 am

Congratulations on a great game guys, good luck in the rest of your group campaign.

Save for one match in particular, of course. Wink
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:35 am

Barca should've bought Mats Hummels instead of Alexis Sanchez. the boy has good ball control, he's smart and reads the game so well. he and Pique would've make a unbreakable wall for Barca.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:13 am

El Pipita wrote:Barca should've bought Mats Hummels instead of Alexis Sanchez. the boy has good ball control, he's smart and reads the game so well. he and Pique would've make a unbreakable wall for Barca.

Why instead? So we can have zero forward depth?

As for Hummels I like him, but I am not convinced he is fast enough.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:44 am

The Franchise wrote:
El Pipita wrote:Barca should've bought Mats Hummels instead of Alexis Sanchez. the boy has good ball control, he's smart and reads the game so well. he and Pique would've make a unbreakable wall for Barca.

Why instead? So we can have zero forward depth?

As for Hummels I like him, but I am not convinced he is fast enough.

Considering Barca's budget was limited to 40m i'd buy someone who is top priority. Barca needed a CB more than a wing.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:58 am

The Franchise wrote:
Perhaps, but I like Adriano so I wouldnt like to see him 3rd choice leftback. Also, which leftback are we able to get who is better then Abidal there? I struggle to name one.

I dont lack confidence in Adriano, I like him alot. Its just Abidal is better. Aside from Cole at Chelsea, there isnt a leftback in the world I would feel safer playing with then Abidal.

Yes that's very true. I just feel that with age Abidal might start feeling more comfortable at center back.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:03 am

The Franchise wrote:
I like the second line up, the two Brazilians, Puyol/Mascherano with Abidal. But not both Mascherano and Puyol.

Yes I would have gone for that lineup as well.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:04 am

The Franchise wrote:Pedro gives the ball away the most out of all our players I think.

First 15 minutes, he gave it away 3 times.

Which is alot when you consider he probably one got the ball passed to him about 5 times in those 15 minutes.

That's because he is not sound technically but as always he gets us goals when we need them and of course works hard for the team.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:11 am

I think we can call this Massimilano Allegri's finest hour as a tactician to date. His biggest credit in my eyes is that he didn't ask his team to do anything that would make it difficult for them. If they had pressed high up the pitch for example they would have gotten tired soon enough. Due to their age they just didn't have the legs for that. So he employed classic parking the bus with the key being blocking space. For many minutes in the match Milan did not even try to take the ball. The defensive organization was top class - so good that even someone with Xavi's ability could hardly find a gap anywhere to send a telling pass through. What I appreciated was that they showed you don't need to be violent or dirty to be resolute defensively. Alessandro Nesta even at this age remains the text book of central defending. As for their opener I think there is a 50% chance that they had planned it beforehand. They knew we were playing a makeshift defense and wanted to catch us unawares.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next