BarrileteCosmico
justdoit_
Messi
7amood11
Babun
55 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! - Page 8 Empty Re: Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing!

Post by magpie Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:In US statistics says that every single woman is harassed and there tons of rape accusations. Suspicious. And, people lie, for different reasons.
I don't believe that 6000 constitutes "every single woman". Also, what kind of collar-popping dirt bag are you? Rape goes underreported throughout the world, and even those that do get reported are rarely followed up on (yes, even in the west).

magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! - Page 8 Empty Re: Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing!

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Try being objective, media will try to work on Gaddafi's image. The bad person he, they still feel need to dump him even more.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:24 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Try being objective, media will try to work on Gaddafi's image. The bad person he, they still feel need to dump him even more.
I honestly think that Gaddafi getting a bad rap from the media is the least of our concerns in Libya.
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:23 am

I don't bring up bullshit articles, my argument is simple.

1. Gaddafi has his flaws but he turned Libya from one of the poorest in the world after taking over from King Idris, to the richest in Africa.

2. He brought a social revolution to Libya, free education and health for all Libyans. He gave women more rights than in any other Arab country. He made room for 1 million immigrant workers in a country of just 6 million.

3. He subsidized cars for all Libyans, that is why the rebels are driving premium civilian vehicle.

4. He sent thousands Libyans abroad to further their education, he catered for the total cost of tuition and all other expenses.

5. He played a huge role in ending Apartheid in South Africa, Mandela never failed to acknowledge his help.

6. He even extended a helping hand to poor African nations and helped fund the African Union.

7. The rebels are made up of Al Qaeda and LIFG elements, an undeniable fact.

8. A lot of what you see and hear in the mass media are total fabrications, at the beginning of the crisis in February there was a report in Al Jazeera which claimed Gaddafi had fled to Venezuela, other reports of his death and the capture of his sons have proven to be all false.

9. America has no permanent friends, just permanent interest, don't be naive in thinking this war is all about freedom for the Libyan people.

10. This war is about oil, Libya has one of the largest reserves in the world, and they were in the process of channeling it away from the big western oil giants to the Chinese. America and her allies have successfully prevented that.

11. No fly zones to protect the citizens of Benghazi, but not those in Sirte, just smacks of hypocrisy. Again why was Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Syria not attacked, when they used violent means to quell their "civilian" uprisings? The answer is simple, their oil belonged to America and her allies or they didn't have some at all.

12. Again don't be naive in thinking the rebels achieve any victory on their own, it was all through the efforts of America and her allies, had there been no "no fly zone" the rebellion would have ended as quickly as it started.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:24 am

Pro-Al Qaeda brigades control Qaddafi Tripoli strongholds seized by rebels

Members of the Al Qaeda-linked Libyan Islamic Fighting Group – LIFG, are in control of the former strongholds of Muammar Qaddafi captured by Libyan rebels last Sunday, Aug. 21, debkafile reports from sources in Libya. They are fighting under the command of Abd Al-Hakim Belhadj, an al Qaeda veteran from Afghanistan whom the CIA captured in Malaysia in 2003 and extradited six years later to Libya where Qaddafi held him in prison.

Belhadj is on record as rejecting any political form of coexistence with the Crusaders excepting jihad.

His brigades were the principal rebel force in the operation for the capture of Qaddafi's Bab al-Aziziya ruling compound on Aug. 23. Saturday, Aug. 27, those brigades overran the Abu Salim district of southern Tripoli taking it from the last pro-Qaddafi holdouts in the city. Many of the prisoners released from the local jail belonged to al Qaeda.
The LIFG chief now styles himself "Commander of the Tripoli Military Council." Asked by our sources whether they plan to hand control of the Libyan capital to the National Transitional Council, which has been recognized in the West, the jihadi fighters made a gesture of dismissal without answering.

According to US and British media, at least half of the members of the NTC have moved from Benghazi to Tripoli, the key condition for the receipt of Qaddafi's frozen assets and international aid. But there is no confirmation from our sources that this has happened. Tripoli is rife with disorder, awash with weapons and prey to reciprocal allegations of atrocities. Our sources doubt that the council will be able to assert control of - or even a presence in - Tripoli any time soon. US intelligence sources in Tripoli see no sign that the NTC will be able to persuade the Islamist brigades to relinquish control of the city in the near future - or even lay down arms.
Those arms are advanced items which British and French special operations forces gave the rebels, said a senior American source. Had those NATO contingents not led the Tripoli operation, the rebels unaided would not have captured Qaddafi's centers of government.

A week after that dramatic episode, Tripoli's institutions of government have wound up in the hands of fighting Islamist brigades belonging to al Qaeda, who are now armed to the teeth with the hardware seized from Qaddafi's arsenals. No Western or Libyan military force can conceive of dislodging the Islamists from the Libyan capital in the foreseeable future.

Libya has thus created a new model which can only hearten the Islamist extremists eyeing further gains from the Arab Revolt. They may justly conclude that NATO will come to their aid for a rebellion to topple any autocratic Arab ruler. The coalition of British, French, Qatari and Jordanian special forces, with quiet US intelligence support, for capturing Tripoli and ousting Qaddafi, almost certainly met with US President Barack Obama's approval.

For the first time, therefore, the armies of Western members of NATO took part directly in a bid by extremist Islamic forces to capture an Arab capital and overthrow its ruler.
An attempt to vindicate the way this NATO operation has turned out is underway. Western media are being fed portrayals of the rebel leadership as a coherent and responsible political and military force holding sway from Benghazi in the east up to the Tunisian border in the west.

This depiction is false. Our military sources report that the bulk of rebel military strength in central and western Libya is not under NTC command, nor does it obey orders from rebel headquarters in Benghazi.
This chaotic situation in rebel ranks underscores the importance of the effort the NTC has mounted to capture Sirte, Qaddafi's home town, where most of his support is concentrated. Control of Sirte, which lies between Benghazi and Tripoli, will provide the NTC and its leader Abdul Jalil, with a counterweight for the pro-Al Qaeda brigades in control of the capital.

CREDIT:http://www.debka.com/article/21249/
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:11 am

buddytaller wrote:I don't bring up bullshit articles, my argument is simple.

1. Gaddafi has his flaws but he turned Libya from one of the poorest in the world after taking over from King Idris, to the richest in Africa.

2. He brought a social revolution to Libya, free education and health for all Libyans. He gave women more rights than in any other Arab country. He made room for 1 million immigrant workers in a country of just 6 million.

3. He subsidized cars for all Libyans, that is why the rebels are driving premium civilian vehicle.

4. He sent thousands Libyans abroad to further their education, he catered for the total cost of tuition and all other expenses.

5. He played a huge role in ending Apartheid in South Africa, Mandela never failed to acknowledge his help.

6. He even extended a helping hand to poor African nations and helped fund the African Union.

7. The rebels are made up of Al Qaeda and LIFG elements, an undeniable fact.

8. A lot of what you see and hear in the mass media are total fabrications, at the beginning of the crisis in February there was a report in Al Jazeera which claimed Gaddafi had fled to Venezuela, other reports of his death and the capture of his sons have proven to be all false.

9. America has no permanent friends, just permanent interest, don't be naive in thinking this war is all about freedom for the Libyan people.

10. This war is about oil, Libya has one of the largest reserves in the world, and they were in the process of channeling it away from the big western oil giants to the Chinese. America and her allies have successfully prevented that.

11. No fly zones to protect the citizens of Benghazi, but not those in Sirte, just smacks of hypocrisy. Again why was Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Syria not attacked, when they used violent means to quell their "civilian" uprisings? The answer is simple, their oil belonged to America and her allies or they didn't have some at all.

12. Again don't be naive in thinking the rebels achieve any victory on their own, it was all through the efforts of America and her allies, had there been no "no fly zone" the rebellion would have ended as quickly as it started.

doesn't matter if he cured World Hunger.... he killed over 10 of thousands of people......the only reason he did all those stuff was to stay in power and make his image look good....not because he cared one bit
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:28 am

buddytaller wrote:I don't bring up bullshit articles, my argument is simple.

OK, let me get this straight. So you post an article that says that NATO's been killing civilians. Then I post evidence destroying that idea. Evidence so legitimate that it was even given to the ICC, yet somehow that article is still credible even after I proved the whole point of the article wrong? This is the kind of bullshit I've been dealing with the whole thread.

@buddytaller: You think I can't see where this is going? That's the THIRD time you post some of that stuff.

I post tens of his crimes and atrocities, you ignore them and post a few positives. Then you falsely accuse NATO of killing civilians. I show the big hole in that argument using legitimate evidence, and then you just ignore the whole thing and post the same few positives again. Your "argument" is to keep evading my point because you have NO answer to my point.

If you're not going to have a proper discussion, why should I even bother replying to your post? I can already show you the crater-sized holes in each and every one of your accusations using evidence like I showed you time and time again in this thread (Like the BS Al-Qaeda article you posted, I can show you where and how it's wrong), but I can't be bothered because I know that a few posts later you're just going to ignore what just happened and post the same few positives again for the fourth time.

But hey, I'm alright with it. You've already proved that you know nothing of the situation, so it's not as if any of your opinions and accusations are actually true. I shouldn't be bothered by your ignorance. Have a nice day, enjoy ignorance.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:15 pm

Remember when the U.S. bombed Gaddafi's home back in 1986? And immediately afterward Gaddafi claimed that his daughter, Hanna, was killed in the bombing?

Well, it turns out that her father was lying and that she's still alive.

http://pohdiaries.com/tag/hanna-gaddafi/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2030467/Libya-Gaddafis-daughter-alive-working-doctor-Tripoli.html

Irrefutable evidence showing that Hanna actually grew up and studied medicine, she's even got her own room with evidence showing that she's still alive.

Looks like Gaddafi claimed that she was killed just so he can look like a victim of western aggression, lulz.

==================================================

In other news, a lot of the order has been restored in Tripoli. Not all of it, there are still many people who have no water or electricity since last week, and there's still a bit of shooting, but there are a lot of people outside, shopping, and getting ready for Eid (Muslim holiday if you're not familiar).

================================================

Another thing I wanted to mention is that 60,000 people have been imprisoned since the start of this great revolution for being opposed to Gaddafi. Only 10k-11k have been released. Nobody knows where the remaining 50,000 people are. There's a lot of guessing, but people are suggesting that the 50,000 people may either be underground probably without any food or water, and it would take ages to find them in that underground maze. Or, a significant amount of them could be dead and in mass graves, something which fills me with dread.

===================================================

The march towards Sirte, Gaddafi's hometown, continues. The only thing the FFs will negotiate is the peaceful surrender of the city, nothing else. and if negotiating doesn't work, they'll be entering the city with force.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Well like I said, a lot of these "crimes" by Gaddafi have been concocted the media, ever heard of the saying "Give a dog a bad name and hang him". The US tried to assasinate the sitting leader of a country bombed his home without considering the fact that he is not the only person living there, and yet there are people like you who defend such acts.

The truth will come out one way or the other, just be patient and see the drama unfold.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 pm

buddytaller wrote:Well like I said, a lot of these "crimes" by Gaddafi have been concocted the media, ever heard of the saying "Give a dog a bad name and hang him". The US tried to assasinate the sitting leader of a country bombed his home without considering the fact that he is not the only person living there, and yet there are people like you who defend such acts.

The truth will come out one way or the other, just be patient and see the drama unfold.

You know, this thread made me realize how much knowledge you have. Just sayin'

You know, I'd LOVE to know which crimes have been concocted by the media, but there's no point because that'll lead us back to Square 1, back to evading my points and posting a few good things about Libya again for the nth time.

Oh yes, the drama has already unfolded. Finally the wall of silence, torture, rape, mass murder, and oppression has collapsed, and good riddance.

All I hope is that the Brother Leader didn't kill the 50,000 missing civilians and throw them in mass graves.

7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:44 pm

I'm not evading your points, but Gaddafi has on countless occasions denied these allegations being leveled against him, from the Lockerbie bombing to the London discotheque bombings, the allegations you made are not new. The tactic has been used since the cold war era.

But the fact is that Libya has a lower incarcration rate than most nations in eastern Europe, death sentencing is not as high as in China or Saudi Arabia. There is a propaganda war going on, and it's sad a lot of people have fallen for it. But the truth will surely come out one of these days.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:10 pm

buddytaller wrote:I'm not evading your points, but Gaddafi has on countless occasions denied these allegations being leveled against him, from the Lockerbie bombing to the London discotheque bombings, the allegations you made are not new. The tactic has been used since the cold war era.

But the fact is that Libya has a lower incarcration rate than most nations in eastern Europe, death sentencing is not as high as in China or Saudi Arabia. There is a propaganda war going on, and it's sad a lot of people have fallen for it. But the truth will surely come out one of these days.

So you're a conspiracy nut too... Libya accepted responsibility and paid the compensation, they're guilty. End of.

No...The fact is that you are basing your opinions of Libya and Gaddafi on their contribution to Africa, yet you don't know shit on what's going in the country itself. You already showed us how much knowledge you have on the topic, so stop commenting.

Have a nice day.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:54 pm

buddytaller, spot on America and oil. It would be naive to think NATO is bringing peace and democracy for free. Ofcourse there are interests, but its politics, so everybody is trying to hide it under BS allegations.

But, that doesnt make Gaddafi a hero or a good leader. Despite good things he's done that you mentioned and takes credit, he also was a ruthless leader towards his citizen.

Pessimistically, Libya is in lose-lose situation. Its either conservative authoritarian leader or NATO. I highly doubt, rebels were and will be in the fuure independent from the influence from outside.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Official: Hannibal Gaddafi, Mohammad Gaddafi, Aisha Gaddafi, and Gaddafi's wife Safia have all crossed the border into Algeria.

Bummer, but expected from the corrupt Algerian government. They've been supplying Gaddafi with fuel the whole time. Hopefully we'll get those criminals back once the Algerian revolution begins on the 17th of September.

@Grande Milano: "conservative authoritarian leader or NATO".... That's an exaggeration right there. The NTC is drawing the red lines to prevent that from happening, have some faith.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Official: Khamis Gaddafi has been killed in the heat of battle and buried somewhere around Zlitan.

So that's:

1's dead
3 have fled (and will be captured soon)
4 are still at large (I excluded Hanna and Milad since they've done no crimes of note over the last 42 years)
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:25 am

Then I post evidence destroying that idea. Evidence so legitimate that it was even given to the ICC.
I'm not agreeing with the poster, but the way the ICC run makes it illegitimate imo. When ever a dictators time is up, they run in with their bs. Where are they before that? How about Bahrain? Syria? Bush and Blair? And the list goes on. A political tool is what they are!
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Gaddafi's regime is collapsing!!! Mostly thanks to Chris Jeon, who wanted a "sick vacation" and "thought it would be cool to join the rebels":

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! - Page 8 Alg_chris-jeon-bradley-hope

Read about it here, but don't tell his parents, they don't know!!!
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:01 am

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! - Page 8 _55138945_012790787-1

This.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:13 am

Wow he's from UCLA i wonder if my friend knows him. Love the Jerry West Jersey.
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Didn't update this in quite a while... Will do so soon.

InterMalia wrote:
Then I post evidence destroying that idea. Evidence so legitimate that it was even given to the ICC.
I'm not agreeing with the poster, but the way the ICC run makes it illegitimate imo. When ever a dictators time is up, they run in with their bs. Where are they before that? How about Bahrain? Syria? Bush and Blair? And the list goes on. A political tool is what they are!

Well, that's a different story, I was just pointing out on how legitimate the evidence is What a Face.

Btw, Chris Jeon is a boss.

And which country is that english_jewel?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:58 pm

7amood11 wrote:Didn't update this in quite a while... Will do so soon.

InterMalia wrote:

Well, that's a different story, I was just pointing out on how legitimate the evidence is What a Face.

I'm really, really surprised to hear you say this. If I was in your position, I would be offended that some american college kid with no knowledge of or connection to the struggle that lybians are fighting for decided to go on his "sick vacation" in an active war zone.

IMO he's making a mockery of the revolution, and highlighting the arrogance and ignorance that characterizes so many americans today. He knows nothing of Lybia, its history, culture, or people, and is simply looking for entertainment. To him, your revolution is FUN, its an alternative to sitting at home and playing his X-Box! He's not in it for the long haul, and I guarantee he'll be back for the first day of classes at UCLA with a "sick" story about how he shot up some terrorists in north africa. if he truly cared about Libya, its revolution, and its people, he'd get a PhD and figure out how he could help in the peace building process. Furthermore, he's an absolute liability to the rebel troops he's fighting next to. He can't fire a gun and doesn't even speak a word of arabic. I'll be surprised if he makes it home alive.

The fact that to him war is "fun" absolutely disgusts me. That so many americans are so disconnected from the rest of the world is sickening.
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:28 pm

everest1 wrote:
7amood11 wrote:Didn't update this in quite a while... Will do so soon.

InterMalia wrote:

I'm really, really surprised to hear you say this. If I was in your position, I would be offended that some american college kid with no knowledge of or connection to the struggle that lybians are fighting for decided to go on his "sick vacation" in an active war zone.

IMO he's making a mockery of the revolution, and highlighting the arrogance and ignorance that characterizes so many americans today. He knows nothing of Lybia, its history, culture, or people, and is simply looking for entertainment. To him, your revolution is FUN, its an alternative to sitting at home and playing his X-Box! He's not in it for the long haul, and I guarantee he'll be back for the first day of classes at UCLA with a "sick" story about how he shot up some terrorists in north africa. if he truly cared about Libya, its revolution, and its people, he'd get a PhD and figure out how he could help in the peace building process. Furthermore, he's an absolute liability to the rebel troops he's fighting next to. He can't fire a gun and doesn't even speak a word of arabic. I'll be surprised if he makes it home alive.

The fact that to him war is "fun" absolutely disgusts me. That so many americans are so disconnected from the rest of the world is sickening.

Sorry, I didn't read your article, I revise my position, you are right... I didn't know that he was going for fun, thought he was genuinely trying to help out or something. My bad, in that case, I retract my statement, sorry. Btw, I agree with you, it's stupid of him to go out there and get into something way over his head just looking for something fun to do.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:21 am

Syria, 7amood11.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Didn't update this in a while...

The main thing going on right now is that both Bani Walid and Sirte, two cities that are still under Gaddafi control, are surrounded. Sirte has been given until September 10th to peacefully surrender, and so far some weapons have already been surrendered:

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! - Page 8 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=614&filename=bbtwos

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! - Page 8 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=806&filename=j8nn

But Sirte as a whole still hasn't surrendered yet, and if they don't do that by September 10th, the Liberation Army will enter and seize control using force.

=========================

Regarding Bani Walid, FFs have confirmed that Gaddafi and his son Saif Al-Islam were in Bani Walid, but they already left by the time it was confirmed that they were in the city. For weeks people were suspecting that they were in Bani Walid, turns out that the rumors have been true all along. And Saif Al-Islam has been seen in a white Chevrolet in BW, apparently, he might be going to Sabha or Niger, those are my guesses. But there probably are still some high-ranked officials in there that will be captured as soon as BW comes under control.

There were negotiations for the peaceful handover of Bani Walid, unfortunately those talks fell through. We don't know what's going to happen now, will the Liberation Army set a deadline for BW to surrender like they're doing with Sirte? We don't know that yet, but something will happen in the coming days.

Also, a number of vehicles full to the top with gold, cash (taken from Sirte's central bank), and a number of Gaddafi's officials (maybe including Gaddafi himself) have entered Niger. That's official btw. And it makes me think that Gaddafi might be in or heading toward Niger.

===============

Right now it's not a good time to be a migrant worker trapped in Libya. No, there's no discrimination against blacks over there (a significant % of Libyans are black). It's not a good time for migrant workers because Gaddafi brought in so many mercenaries in from other countries, and the FFs are eager to weed them all out. You can imagine what's going on. Mercenaries pretending they aren't mercenaries, migrant workers saying they're not mercenaries. So some innocent people have been wrongly arrested. But keep in mind that the FFs aren't a bunch of Gaddafis, because unlike the way Gaddafi used to treat his prisoners, all mercenaries/pro-Gaddafis are NOT being tortured, and are all well-fed.

Speaking of African mercenaries, here's one of them that spoke. The article's in Arabic, but basically the guy's saying that Gaddafi tempted them with money and gifts, but not a single one of them got what they were promised and ended up worse than before:

http://www.elbashayer.com/news-153051.html

====================

On a particularly sad note, mass graves are still being found in Libya. FFs found 45 people in a mass grave in Sirte.

Also, pro-Gaddafi soldiers locked tens of people in shipping containers in Khums. 18(?) suffocated to death.

And a few weeks ago when Abu Salim prison was liberated and the prisoners were freed, some of them went into the offices and found a list of 1000 names of people who were going to be executed on the 1st of September. If some of you are wondering "Why the 1st of September?", well that's because that's the day Gaddafi came into power. 1000 SPECIFIC names, all were going to be murdered on the same day in celebration of Gaddafi, the "Brother Leader". All I can say is that I'm very, very happy the prison was freed early on.

==================

A lot of the conspiracy theorists' strongest argument is that the FFs are a bunch of CIA and MI6 agents. Well, FFs recently found a binder that showed MI6 and CIA's heavy involvement with Gaddafi. Disgraceful if true.

Also, rumors have been coming out that China wanted to sell large amounts of weapons and ammunition to Gaddafi (which is in violation of UN sanctions). I'd love to see what China have to say about this disgrace if it's proven to be true.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/05/world/africa/05libya.html?_r=1

===================

You know Hannibal, Gaddafi's son? Well this is the way he and his wife sadistically tortured their Ethiopian maid. Absolutely horrendous (warning: very graphic video):

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2011/08/28/rivers.scarred.after.gadhafi.cnn

They wouldn't even let her go to the doctor to the point when freaking maggots started appearing in her head. Luckily, as soon as the FFs discovered this, they sent her to the hospital, where she is currently being treated.

Oh yeah, you know that Hannibal Gaddafi actually had a prison cell next to his office? He used to imprison people there, some date as early as 2010, before this revolution even started.

==========================

The humanitarian situation in Tripoli is still rough, but normality has been somewhat restored in the capital. Scores of people went to Martyrs Square to celebrate Eid, and gunshots are almost never heard nowadays from what I've been told.

That being said, there are still many water and power outages all over the capital, and salaries still haven't been paid but the salary problem will soon be finished from I'm hearing. Schools reopen on the 17th of September. And elections for the government will be held next April. Also, anybody that isn't authorized to have a weapon is having his weapon taken from him, in order to restore calm and peace. These events show that normality is slowly coming back.

Oh yeah, even though normality IS being restored, it will still, inevitably be a very bumpy ride. So if there's one little minor setback in proceedings, please don't come on here and say "I told you that Libya will be reduced to fighting" because I know you'll be talking shit if you ever say that lol. It's completely normal for a revolution of this scale to see setbacks, and we will see setbacks because so much has to be done. Give us some time and everything will be worked out.

=========================

Just wanted to show you an American writer that was imprisoned by Gaddafi's forces since freaking MARCH.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14672956

Seriously, Gaddafi's forces have been doing this shit all the time to reporters. The 4 ambushed Italian journalists, the captured Al Arabiya reporter, the 35 trapped journalists in the Rixos, etc. The amount of crap they've been showing the foreign journalists is crazy.

================================

I could help but LOL at this... Apparently Al-Baghdadi Ali Al-Mahmoudi, one of Gaddafi's inner circle that has been caught framing NATO, encouraging mass rape, and encouraging burning people alive, has switched sides and is now "supporting" the FFs.

Pathetic. The NTC promised him safety and a fair trial, that's it, and IMO that's all he deserves.

========================

Finally, a situation map of Libya:

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! - Page 8 Libyan_Uprising

Black dot: Under Libyan Liberation Army's control.
Green dot: Under Gaddafi's control
Blue: Unknown/Uncertain situation

As you can see, Sirte and Bani Walid are both surrounded. The only major city left is Sabha. Almost everything else is under control Very Happy Good stuff right? Gaddafi's on the run, and he's almost done Razz

=============================

english_jewel wrote:Syria, 7amood11.

Well, they're right. Because in the end, Syria's in a bad situation as well. 2000-3000 have been killed so far over there, and although it's not as bad as Libya once was, they do deserve at the very least some humanitarian aid.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:55 am

Gaddafi loyalists fleeing to Niger.

At first I thought Niger would let them live freely, but now the US are saying that they are in essentially a house arrest? What's this about?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Decided to bump this thread because of a lol-worthy article I read earlier... I read an article saying that Tripoli is still under Gaddafi's control, and everything's going great. A film set in Qatar of Martyr's Square, Bab Al-Aziziya, and all the parts of Tripoli were constructed in Qatar, and hundreds of actors were hired to enact Tripoli being freed from Gaddafi. I seriously don't know whether to laugh or cry at the stupidity of anybody falls for this lmao...

Things in Tripoli are a lot calmer nowadays, normal life is slowly returning. Even Cameron and Sarkozy visited Tripoli, where they received a very warm welcome.

Sabha has finally come under Libya's control, without relatively weak resistance. Bani Walid and Sirte (the only 2 major cities left) have both been attacked by the Libyan govt., but they are facing a lot of resistance from Gaddafi's forces, which suggests that all/most of his forces have retreated to BW and Sirte. But in the end, Gaddafi's forces are weak, unable to launch a proper attack. The only thing they can do is sit back and defend the cities, which means it's only a matter of time before they're destroyed.

The official death toll is around 30,000 from both sides. (RIP to all of them, even those who were pro-G).

Finally, a situation map:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Libyan_Uprising.svg

english_jewel wrote:Gaddafi loyalists fleeing to Niger.

At first I thought Niger would let them live freely, but now the US are saying that they are in essentially a house arrest? What's this about?

Yep, some Gaddafi officials have fled into Niger, apparently taking lots of gold and cash with them too, smh. And I haven't heard about the house arrest part, so I can't explain.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next