fatman123
74 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Newcastle United FC - Page 17 Empty Re: Newcastle United FC

Post by archwooohh Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Europe Beckons For Newcastle – But Not Too Soon

Fabrizio Coloccini

“I don’t know about Europe next year. It is too early to talk about Europe – we need to keep going and keep working and then we will see,”

“First of all we have to build the foundations at this club.” “I would prefer to leave the Europa League for the year after next – not next year.”

“I think we need to build a good team, a good squad – that is the biggest priority for us.” “If we qualify but we do not have the right squad, it could be one year in Europe and then back to where we were before.”

“If we do it right then we could qualify every year.” “I would like us to enjoy every season – not just have one season, and then players leave the club.”

I just love his attitude and agree whole heartedly.....

Somehow I really don't see that happening right now... unless "building foundations" is a metaphor for "kick Mike Ashley out"

archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:10 pm

archwooohh wrote:

Fabrizio Coloccini

“I don’t know about Europe next year. It is too early to talk about Europe – we need to keep going and keep working and then we will see,”

“First of all we have to build the foundations at this club.” “I would prefer to leave the Europa League for the year after next – not next year.”

“I think we need to build a good team, a good squad – that is the biggest priority for us.” “If we qualify but we do not have the right squad, it could be one year in Europe and then back to where we were before.”

“If we do it right then we could qualify every year.” “I would like us to enjoy every season – not just have one season, and then players leave the club.”

Somehow I really don't see that happening right now... unless "building foundations" is a metaphor for "kick Mike Ashley out"

Ignore the big name sales of the summer ( 3 of them were unavoidable) we are actually building solid foundations for the future there is a lot of talent coming through the reserves and youth team and the squad currently is quite strong.....

Still could use a few signings to strengthen some areas some more between now Jan 1st and September 1st but most players will only leave now if people pay crazy money for them as pretty much everyone is on long term contracts......

1. Nolan left because he wanted too much money and besides he would just be sitting on the bench this year i really dont care that he left

2. Barton caused problems in the dressing room from what i understand and Cabaye is better than he ever was.....

3. Carroll no one in thier right mind would refuse 35 million for him.......

4. Enrique the only one i wished we kept but he didnt want to stay and he would have gone for free if we kept him another season so 6 million is better than nothing.....

Also Carroll was the only one who was on a long term contract and he was sold for 35 million so unless people pay big bucks for the likes of Krul, Cabaye,Tiote, Ben Arfa etc etc they are going nowhere.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:22 pm

archwooohh wrote:

Fabrizio Coloccini

When you root for Newcastle, everything is a metaphor for "Kick Mike Ashley out". Twisted Evil
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:14 pm

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/878033-spurs-join-newcastle-in-bid-to-sign-blackburns-rising-star-junior-hoilett

The 21-year-old ace is in the final year of his contract and appears reluctant to agree an extension.
Newcastle made strides to sign Canada-born Hoilett in the summer but Steve Kean managed to persuade the player's father and agent that Ewood Park was the best place for him.
Blackburn's start to the season has been woeful so far, winning just one game out of seven, and Hoilett could well look to move to guarantee his place in the Premier League next season.
Spurs are chasing a top-four finish this season and realise an exciting signing in January could give their chances of Champions League football a much needed rocket boost.
Hoilett, who can play on either wing, began to come of age last season, gaining plenty of praise from Blackburn manager Steve Kean.
Speaking in the summer, Kean said: 'He can be top, top notch. He can go all the way to being a very, very special player in this league.'

Please sign him oh god please sign him.......

An attacking trio of Guti/Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Hoilett behind a lone striker would be down right sexy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:00 am

I concur. Let us hope we can make our move, unlike this summer.
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:13 am

magpie wrote:I concur. Let us hope we can make our move, unlike this summer.

Also his contract is up in the summer so its type of move we would make = cheap Very Happy

I personally want us to buy a RB, RW, CF and back up CB over the next 2 windows and no sales of top players.....

Is that really too much to ask ? 4 players over 2 windows and no big name sales Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:11 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Also his contract is up in the summer so its type of move we would make = cheap Very Happy

I personally want us to buy a RB, RW, CF and back up CB over the next 2 windows and no sales of top players.....

Is that really too much to ask ? 4 players over 2 windows and no big name sales Very Happy
It is for Ashley, I suppose. Also: check your supported club. @__@
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:34 pm

magpie wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

It is for Ashley, I suppose. Also: check your supported club. @__@

Unfortunatly so Sad

And i just seen this some mod has trolled me Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Is it true Colocini will be in his last year of contract next year and wont be offered a new one unless he takes wage cut?

Read in a newcastle forum?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:22 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Is it true Colocini will be in his last year of contract next year and wont be offered a new one unless he takes wage cut?

Read in a newcastle forum?

He has 2 years left.......

And there's rumours going around......

1. Ashley is willing to loosen the wage budget and give Colo the wages he wants to keep him into end of his career

2. Coloccini will have to take a wage cut or he's off

3. There is also a rumour going around that Coloccini is prepared to take a wage cut to stay

I personally believe he will sign a new contract and recently signing Jonas to a new contract was a big thing in getting Colo to stay and he going by his recent interviews i think Coloccini wants to stay...

And with all the other important players on 5+ years contracts it will take really big offers for them to leave.....

Selling Barton, Nolan and Carroll was a blow but i believe it was important for the long term success of the team i dont include Enrique in this because i wished he stayed......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:57 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Selling Barton, Nolan and Carroll was a blow but i believe it was important for the long term success of the team i dont include Enrique in this because i wished he stayed......

are you saying ameobi, ba and best > carroll?

Last edited by fatman123 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:30 pm

fatman123 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Selling Barton, Nolan and Carroll was a blow but i believe it was important for the long term success of the team i dont include Enrique in this because i wished he stayed......

No iam saying 35 million for Carroll is crazy money and you would be crazy not to accept it and better for the club in the long run.....

Both Barton and Nolan were on high wages and we have now have players in thier position in Cabaye and Ben Arfa that are superior to them and offer more skill, better quality of passing and better movement.....

So imo it was better for the club in the long run that we sold them 3.......

Having said this it still worries me that Ashley could sell Tiote, Coloccini, Krul at the drop of hat which unlike the aforementioned sales i will not support......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:No iam saying 35 million for Carroll is crazy money and you would be crazy not to accept it and better for the club in the long run.....

Both Barton and Nolan were on high wages and we have now have players in thier position in Cabaye and Ben Arfa that are superior to them and offer more skill, better quality of passing and better movement.....

Having said this it still worries me that Ashley could sell Tiote, Coloccini, Krul at the drop of hat which unlike the aforementioned sales i will not support......

wont argue with that logic
also aforementioned is a nice word, im stealing that and putting it in my Julius Caesar essay i thinks, that you very much
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

No iam saying 35 million for Carroll is crazy money and you would be crazy not to accept it and better for the club in the long run.....

fatman123 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:No iam saying 35 million for Carroll is crazy money and you would be crazy not to accept it and better for the club in the long run.....

wont argue with that logic
also aforementioned is a nice word, im stealing that and putting it in my Julius Caesar essay i thinks, that you very much
So, essentially fatman, the equation was not:
ameobi, ba and best > carroll

Rather:

ameobi, ba, best and 35 million pounds to spend on missing strength > carroll
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Hope so would be great for Newcastle if he soon signs the extention.

One of the best Cb in the league atm and being massively underrated.And its beggars belief really he isnt being called up for Argentina.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:46 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Hope so would be great for Newcastle if he soon signs the extention.

One of the best Cb in the league atm and being massively underrated.And its beggars belief really he isnt being called up for Argentina.

Completely agree, its almost as strange as Enrique not getting called up for Spain tbh.....

I hope he signs a contract extension, also as captain it will give a boost to the current squad but with a player of his calibre agreeing a new contract it will show ambition so other players of similar quality will want to join....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:12 pm

The undefeated streak has survived a real team... all is going to plan... myes... myes.
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:22 pm

magpie wrote:The undefeated streak has survived a real team... all is going to plan... myes... myes.

I am betting it ends away to City lol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Die_Roten Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:42 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
magpie wrote:The undefeated streak has survived a real team... all is going to plan... myes... myes.

I'm willing to bet Newcastle goes undefeated for the rest of the season.
Die_Roten
Die_Roten
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:09 pm

NUFC Mission statement

Introduction

Now that the summer transfer window has closed and the new Premier League season is underway, the board of Newcastle United Football Club wish to present this review of our progress and set out our aims for the 2011/12 campaign and beyond.

Our return to top flight football was an exciting and successful one. Our target last season was to maintain Premier League status and we achieved that, and more. Finishing 12th in the Premier League was a significant achievement for a newly-promoted club.
Success requires real team effort and we witnessed that right across the club - from the spirit and determination in the dressing room and the passionate support in the stands, to the often unsung efforts of the hundreds of staff we have working for the Club through the week and on matchdays.

Everyone associated with Newcastle United wants success for this Club and we can assure supporters that the board is fully committed to achieving that success.
To make our ambitions clear to supporters and stakeholders, our aim for the 2011/2012 season is at least a top ten finish in the Barclays Premier League.

Club Finances

When Mike Ashley bought Newcastle United in 2007 he arrived with a clear five-year plan to get Newcastle United on a sound financial footing and the Club is now in far better shape financially than it has been for many years.
Our aim is to make Newcastle United self-financing. We cannot continue to acquire debt year after year and rely on additional financial support from the owner.
In 2008/09 we reported an operating loss before player trading of £37.7m. In 2009/10 that loss was £33.5m. Once audited, our accounts for 2010/11 are expected to show an operating loss of just £4.7m and this year we hope we will be close to breaking even.
We are pleased that the Club is working towards being able to operate within the boundaries of UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules, even during these challenging economic times.
Over the coming year we will continue to build the Club sustainably - on and off the field. We have a realistic view of what we can achieve at Newcastle and the time-frame required to achieve it. We have a strict spending policy and will not take a reckless approach which permits spending beyond our means. It is a sensible long-term plan for success and we have absolute confidence that this is the right model for Newcastle United.

Summer transfers

Our priority during the summer transfer window was to secure exciting young players with huge potential that add real strength to the squad.
There are certain perceived 'big' clubs that have no financial constraints whatsoever. But for us as a club rash, short-term spending is not the answer and the days of Newcastle United acquiring 'trophy' signings who command huge salaries for past successes on the pitch are over.
Such players have generated excitement and anticipation in the past, of course, but ultimately they have left the Club poorer and with little to show for it in terms of our standing in the league and cup competitions.
Our focus now is to bring in players who can develop and fulfil their potential at Newcastle United. This does not however discount players of any age who we feel can add experience to the squad.
The board, the manager, our technical staff and our scouting team worked very well together to ensure we brought in seven top class players who represented excellent potential for the Club.
Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux, Demba Ba and Gabriel Obertan were all brought in early in the window and they have settled quickly into the squad and performed well on the pitch. Medhi Abeid, another early signing, is already showing that he is a great prospect and we hope he will be pushing for a place in the first team this year.
We were delighted to bring Davide Santon from Inter Milan to the Club towards the end of the window and we are looking forward to seeing him perform over the coming weeks. We also brought in goalkeeper Rob Elliot from Charlton Athletic who is ensuring we have healthy competition for the number one spot.
Unlike many clubs in England, we endeavour to pay transfer fees in a timely manner rather than spreading payments over an unrealistic number of years. This is a far healthier financial model which gives us greater certainty over spending in future years. When Mike Ashley took over the Club, we were still paying fees for players who had already left. This is now, thankfully, a thing of the past. However the same cannot be said for all of the players we sell to other clubs, for whom we ordinarily receive dated payments over a period of years.
The Club's considerable wage bill this season has risen by seven per cent as a result of the salaries of our new signings and the wage increases awarded to existing players on new deals, such as the six-and-a-half year deal we agreed with Cheik Tiote in February.

Manager and coaching staff

The board was pleased to appoint Alan Pardew as the manager of Newcastle United in December 2010. Since arriving at the Club, Alan has strengthened the coaching and backroom staff and has implemented a number of new techniques which have transformed training procedures at the Club.
Alan Pardew, John Carver and the rest of our senior coaching staff, together with Graham Carr, our chief scout, are all on long-term contracts. This brings stability to the Club and shows the faith we have in these individuals.

Youth development

We have some excellent young players amongst our current crop who have come through the Club's Academy system, some of whom have now broken into the first team, including Sammy Ameobi, Shane Ferguson and James Tavernier.
The board will continue to focus on strengthening the Development Squad to make sure we identify and nurture the region's wealth of talented youngsters, as well as bringing some of Europe's most exciting young prospects to Newcastle.

Training facilities

Last year the team experienced interruptions to their training schedule due to heavy snowfall and freezing conditions. Over the summer months we installed undersoil heating at the training ground which will ensure that winter training schedules this season are less adversely affected by bad weather.
Investment in our analytical equipment and staffing is reaping benefits too. We now have far greater statistical information about the team thanks to high-tech monitoring equipment and computer analysis, which means we can tailor training programmes to individual players and get the maximum performance from the team.

Supporters

Our supporters yet again demonstrated tremendous loyalty and commitment to the team last season, with attendances at St. James' Park averaging close on 48,000. This support is greatly appreciated and is the envy of many clubs up and down the country. It would be impressive in any year, but during a recession when personal finances are still so stretched, it is even more so. The board, the manager and the players would like to thank fans sincerely for their support.
The board introduced a groundbreaking ten-year fixed-price deal for season tickets this year, for the first time payable in 12 monthly instalments. This was a genuine initiative aimed at rewarding fans' loyalty, providing them with some long-term certainty on ticket pricing, and offering more manageable monthly payments so that fans could continue to support the team at a time when the economic climate is making financial decisions even tougher for our supporters and their families. It has proved extremely popular, with more than two-thirds of all season tickets holders having taken advantage of this deal.
The capacity of the Family Enclosure has been increased from 5,000 to 6,500 seats, making it the largest dedicated family area in the Premier League. Demand for tickets in this area during the 2010/11 season regularly outstripped supply, and we wanted to ensure that all families who wished to enjoy football at St. James' Park could do so in a family-friendly environment. As a result of this initiative we now have an additional 1,000 children and their parents as season ticket holders in the Family Enclosure this year.
There is also now a new section of seating for supporters aged between 18 and 21-years-old. Season ticket prices in this section are more than £200 cheaper than a full adult season ticket in order to help young adults make the transition from the family enclosure to full adult seating at a price they can afford.
These initiatives are our way of thanking the fans for their support and making their visits to Newcastle United Football Club more accessible and affordable.

Conclusion

The 2010/11 season was a positive one for Newcastle United on and off the pitch. Our targets for the season were exceeded as the Club consolidated its position in the Premier League. We have set ourselves the target of at least a top ten finish this season and all our efforts will go into achieving that. The excellent start the team has already made in our first few fixtures bodes very well.
We are fully aware that Newcastle United holds a unique place in the lives of Geordies around the world. Our supporters are the lifeblood of the Club and the board understands that it has been charged with ensuring their Club is properly run and continues its growth both on and off the field over the next year and beyond.
In declaring our aims for this season we are demonstrating our commitment to taking this Club forward from what is now becoming a stronger and more healthy position.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:31 am

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
L'Equipe claim that Newcastle and Sochaux have opened talks again over Modibo Maiga and a deal is almost done ahead of January move. #nufc

Newcastle United set to sign long-term target Modibo Maiga when January transfer window opens
Newcastle United are expected to finally complete the signing of striker Modibo Maiga in January after failing to persuade Sochaux to sell in the summer.

The protracted negotiations with the French club meant Newcastle United ran out of time to sign a replacement for Andy Carroll in the previous window, despite spending more than seven months looking for one, causing outcry on Tyneside .
Manager Alan Pardew was furious about the failure to fill the number nine shirt, although managing director Derek Llambias has continued to talk to Sochaux and they are willing to let the Mali international go in January for around £7m.
Maiga went on strike in the summer to try and force the move and has remained consistent in his desire to move St James’s Park. His imminent arrival is more good news for Newcastle, who are unbeaten this season and sit fourth in the table.
The 24-year-old, who has scored four goals in six games this season, is expected to sign a four-and-a-half year deal and could become a Newcastle player as soon as the paperwork can be filed with the governing bodies on January 2nd.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8833499/Newcastle-United-set-to-sign-long-term-target-Modibo-Maiga-when-January-transfer-window-opens.html
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Sounds about right.

Die_Roten wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I'm willing to bet Newcastle goes undefeated for the rest of the season.
I'm willing to bet you are slightly insane. I'm predicting low mid table for the end. Looking at 10, I'd guess as low as 8.
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:47 pm

NEWCASTLE United are in negotiations to sign Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga – with the club hoping to tempt him with the offer of a four-and-a-half year contract in January.

Eager to repeat the success of previous foreign imports Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote, the club are extensively scouting to make sure there is no repeat of the frustrations on August when they ran out of time to complete a deal for Maiga.

Indeed, The Journal understands that United have drawn up short striker hitlist featuring Maiga, FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong, summer target Papa Cisse and Lille’s free-scoring Senegal forward Moussa Sow as the most prominent targets.

The quartet are all being discussed as potential January signings but Maiga fits most comfortably into United’s requirements on age, salary, price and ability. Most importantly, he is interested in moving to St James’ Park.

The striker insisted yesterday that he remains committed to Sochaux but there is virtually no chance of him staying in France beyond January. His two-goal salvo before the international break did not prevent supporters at Stade Bonal from jeering him when he was substituted – a reaction to his decision to go on strike over the summer to try and force through a move to England.

The Journal understands French reports claiming a move is close to fruition are premature, with Alan Pardew intending to take in a Sochaux game in the coming weeks to deliver a final verdict on the player. But despite no formal agreement, United have stolen a march on the rest of the chasing pack and the odds are stacked in their favour.

Maiga said yesterday: “I am 25 years old so I know what is good for me, at the moment I am honouring my contract with Sochaux.

“I have played six games and scored four times, so I am doing my part.

“If I am ambitious I am not going to finish my career at Sochaux, but I have a contract until June 2014.”

Meanwhile, Tim Krul believes that the squad is showing that it is united – and believes in its ability to progress.

“The resilience (we showed against Spurs) comes through belief, and that belief is growing every week,” the young

Dutch keeper said: “We’ve had a fantastic start and that creates belief in each other. The manager makes sure everybody knows their jobs, everyone knows what to do to get results.

“So far we’ve shown both sides – we’ve come from behind to get something against Tottenham and that shows how good you are.

“We’re not looking at targets yet but the manager has made it clear that we don’t have to be scared of anyone but it’s a long season. We don’t have to go shouting out ‘We can do this, we can do that’. If we play every week like we did against Tottenham then we’re going to get a lot of good results.

“Let’s just keep that going and see where we end up.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/10/19/nufc-hoping-to-sign-sochaux-striker-modibo-maiga-61634-29619067/#ixzz1bEO3IdY6
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:39 am

Would prefer Cisse out of the players listed but I will take Sow or Maiga over De Jong.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:04 pm

aford92 wrote:Would prefer Cisse out of the players listed but I will take Sow or Maiga over De Jong.

Exactly how i feel mate......

Maiga does seem like the first choice, because hes the youngest and cheapest out of Cisse, Sow and Maiga.....

There's probably more too it than that, but thats the ashleys a cheap scumbag skeptic in me.......

Tbh ill be delighted with any of them tho.......

Get a quality fullback, one of these mentioned strikers and back up CB and top 4 is a certainty banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Currently, you can argue that the deals that have been made have bettered the club. (Notice that I said the ones that have been made. I didn't mention the ones that have not been made. Wink ) Nolan, Barton and Carroll leaving all make sense in retrospect, because of the caliber of player behind them, or in line to join the club, and Carroll makes sense, because Newcastle would be dumb not to expect such a ridiculously inflated price for him. However, should Ashley sell Cap'n Colo, Gutierrez, Tiote, etc. it would be a sign that he really is simply in it to turn a profit. Colo MUST BE RETAINED. Tiote MUST BE RETAINED. If Newcastle want to be viewed as a "big club," as I believe they deserve to be, they need to hold on to the backbone of their squad.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'm so glad to see Ba finally hit form and demonstrate why Newcastle went and got him. I honestly believe that his arrival was sorely undervalued by fans seeking a high-profile replacement for Carroll. Granted, he is not a rising talent, he is not world class and he most likely never will be. What he is is a very good, pragmatic striker that has shown a penchant for scoring needed goals, both for West Ham and in his short time at Newcastle. He is a big part of Newcastle's unbeaten run, and should be credited for his contribution. Now, I'm not saying that NUFC should not buy a striker. Ba needs a younger, developing striker to partner. This is why I'm unsure of Cisse or Maiga as they are approximately the same age as Ba. Perhaps I'm missing the boat and the idea is to buy moderately young already developed strikers and develop Xisco or Vuckic as the striking "projects"... It certainly wouldn't be the first time my nosebleed seat managing hasn't agreed with the real management.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next