aford92
Great Leader Sprucenuce
fatman123
74 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Newcastle United FC - Page 18 Empty Re: Newcastle United FC

Post by donttreadonred Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Currently, you can argue that the deals that have been made have bettered the club. (Notice that I said the ones that have been made. I didn't mention the ones that have not been made. Wink ) Nolan, Barton and Carroll leaving all make sense in retrospect, because of the caliber of player behind them, or in line to join the club, and Carroll makes sense, because Newcastle would be dumb not to expect such a ridiculously inflated price for him. However, should Ashley sell Cap'n Colo, Gutierrez, Tiote, etc. it would be a sign that he really is simply in it to turn a profit. Colo MUST BE RETAINED. Tiote MUST BE RETAINED. If Newcastle want to be viewed as a "big club," as I believe they deserve to be, they need to hold on to the backbone of their squad.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'm so glad to see Ba finally hit form and demonstrate why Newcastle went and got him. I honestly believe that his arrival was sorely undervalued by fans seeking a high-profile replacement for Carroll. Granted, he is not a rising talent, he is not world class and he most likely never will be. What he is is a very good, pragmatic striker that has shown a penchant for scoring needed goals, both for West Ham and in his short time at Newcastle. He is a big part of Newcastle's unbeaten run, and should be credited for his contribution. Now, I'm not saying that NUFC should not buy a striker. Ba needs a younger, developing striker to partner. This is why I'm unsure of Cisse or Maiga as they are approximately the same age as Ba. Perhaps I'm missing the boat and the idea is to buy moderately young already developed strikers and develop Xisco or Vuckic as the striking "projects"... It certainly wouldn't be the first time my nosebleed seat managing hasn't agreed with the real management.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:15 pm

donttreadonred wrote:Currently, you can argue that the deals that have been made have bettered the club. (Notice that I said the ones that have been made. I didn't mention the ones that have not been made. Wink ) Nolan, Barton and Carroll leaving all make sense in retrospect, because of the caliber of player behind them, or in line to join the club, and Carroll makes sense, because Newcastle would be dumb not to expect such a ridiculously inflated price for him. However, should Ashley sell Cap'n Colo, Gutierrez, Tiote, etc. it would be a sign that he really is simply in it to turn a profit. Colo MUST BE RETAINED. Tiote MUST BE RETAINED. If Newcastle want to be viewed as a "big club," as I believe they deserve to be, they need to hold on to the backbone of their squad.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'm so glad to see Ba finally hit form and demonstrate why Newcastle went and got him. I honestly believe that his arrival was sorely undervalued by fans seeking a high-profile replacement for Carroll. Granted, he is not a rising talent, he is not world class and he most likely never will be. What he is is a very good, pragmatic striker that has shown a penchant for scoring needed goals, both for West Ham and in his short time at Newcastle. He is a big part of Newcastle's unbeaten run, and should be credited for his contribution. Now, I'm not saying that NUFC should not buy a striker. Ba needs a younger, developing striker to partner. This is why I'm unsure of Cisse or Maiga as they are approximately the same age as Ba. Perhaps I'm missing the boat and the idea is to buy moderately young already developed strikers and develop Xisco or Vuckic as the striking "projects"... It certainly wouldn't be the first time my nosebleed seat managing hasn't agreed with the real management.

I agree with, we mus'nt sell Tiote or Colo among others simply must'nt.........

We need another striker because currently we have Ba, Best and Ameobi........

Ba has a history of injurys and is going to be away at the African Cup of Nations, Best is a good rotation player imo and fits the system well but i dont feel his first choice for a potential top 6 side and Ameobi as great as his goal was at the weekend is back up tbh.......

Xisco has no future at this club and we have tried over and over again to get rid and Vuckic is more of a playmaker/winger than a " striker"

We have played with 2 strikers this year, so i dont see why we cant play Ba and Maiga together and Ben Arfa and Gutierrez on the wings......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:44 pm

I do think NUFC needs another striker, I'm just questioning if Maiga and/or Cisse are the right choice. Granted, I haven't seen them play. They just seem similar to Ba. Shouldn't the other striker compliment, and not replicate, Ba?

As for the 2 striker setup, I'm not sure that will continue much longer, especially before another striker hopefully comes in January. It's possible we will see Ben Arfa replace Obertan on the right, but I would put my money on Ben Arfa playing a more CAM/CF role behind a central striker and leaving Obertan wide on the right. Obertan has not been polished in his play, but he has contributed and he is developing. He's 22! He's not over-the-hill. Was he going to make it or develop at ManU? No! Is he as good as he is going to get? No! Pardew seems inclined to give him a chance, and I tend to agree. I say replace Best with Ben Arfa and let Best be an impact sub.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:56 pm

I agree on Arfa playing the CAM role, just is that our great start has been alot down to the form of the 2 strikers and i dont see no need to change something that isnt broken.....

Put Ben Arfa on the right or left( dont think it matters) and give him a license to roam

Maiga is better as an SS than he is as a centre forward anyway, so with him, Ba and Ben Arfa in the final third there will be lots of movement and pace.....

I dont like Obertan because he is all pace and no brain, the amount of times he gives the ball away is ridiculous, after seeing him i genuinely believe he was signed as a routledge replacement and not to be first choice long term....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:I agree on Arfa playing the CAM role, just is that our great start has been alot down to the form of the 2 strikers and i dont see no need to change something that isnt broken.....

Put Ben Arfa on the right or left( dont think it matters) and give him a license to roam

Maiga is better as an SS than he is as a centre forward anyway, so with him, Ba and Ben Arfa in the final third there will be lots of movement and pace.....

I dont like Obertan because he is all pace and no brain, the amount of times he gives the ball away is ridiculous, after seeing him i genuinely believe he was signed as a routledge replacement and not to be first choice long term....

It might just be that Obertan needs to get back on form. It seemed like Man U almost never played him and there is a huge gap between having him in practice and having him on the field during an actual match. I'd give him some time, see if his form improves. If he can stop giving the ball away, he might have a future. Obviously, though, we cannot keep him if he is just going to ruin every chance we get.
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:12 am

Fabricio Coloccini is close to signing a new four-year deal at Newcastle – and has ordered his team-mates not to cut off his trademark mop of curly hair in celebration.

The Argentine is finalising the details of a new contract to cap a fine start to his first season as Magpies captain.

As he prepared to face Wigan at St James’ Park, aiming to maintain Newcastle’s unbeaten start to the season, Coloccini reflected on his “rollercoaster” career on Tyneside.

It started with the shock of adapting English football and continued with relegation to the Championship - and an accompanying plunge in his confidence.

But that has been gradually rebuilt and Coloccini, signed for £12 million from Spain's Deportivo La Coruna, is now one the classiest defenders in the Premier League.

His play and his barnet have helped him become such a cult hero in the north-east, there's even a terrace song in which fans offer him sex with their wives.

“That is all good fun and makes me laugh," said Coloccini. "I will never cut off my hair.

"I had it short for a brief period in 2000, when I was with AC Milan. But I’m not going back to that, it was a one-off, a story that I hope won’t be repeated at Newcastle!

“When I was there, the older players would often say to me, ‘Come on! Cut your hair, cut your hair!’

“At one stage, Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Costacurta cut it for me - straight off with scissors.

"I don’t think any of my current team-mates would do the same to me now! I will remind them I am captain!

“A lot of South American players go for the long-hair look. It’s just the fashion in Buenos Aires.

"I know that in the past a lot of people in England had a haircut like mine! The Beatles, as well.”

Coloccini can now recount, from a position of strength, his difficult start with Newcastle, which included Kevin Keegan’s departure, the brief Joe Kinnear era, being dropped by Alan Shearer and relegation.

“When I came in the first year, times were tough, now it’s one of the best given the start we’ve had," he said.

“When I came here, I didn’t know what English football was like. Every player who comes to England maybe needs six months to a year to get to know the league. The first year, I had a few problems because Spanish football is so different.

“When we went down - a terrible experience - there were some offers to leave, but I wanted to help rebuild and the Championship was a good experience for me. I played, got confidence.”

Coloccini is now the leader of the pack and helping to ensure a focused dressing room spirit, with no egos.

He added: “There have been a lot of changes. The character is different.

"Last year maybe when we conceded the first goal it was difficult to respond. Now, if that happens we keep trying, keep that winning mentality, one which might have been missing last year.

“I think this season is like building a house. First you have to put the foundations in place.

"We have to first get to 43-44 points, and when we’ve done this, we can start thinking about other things. Hopefully with the good start the foundations are in place this season.”

Coloccini it settled in Newcastle with his wife and two young children and hopes to pen his new deal in the next couple of weeks.

Not surprisingly, Toon manager Alan Pardew, who surprised many by naming him captain after Kevin Nolan was sold to West Ham in the summer, has warm words for the Argentine.

“He’s a Rolls-Royce player - and a Rolls-Royce person too," said Pardew. “He’s a really nice fella.

"I’d seen him play internationally a few times and a few times for Newcastle before I came here, but you never appreciate what sort of player they are until you have spent three weeks with them on the training ground.

“I was pleasantly surprised at what a hard-working, disciplined footballer he was.

"This year he has been outstanding. I would definitely say he has been our best player up until this period.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Fabricio-Coloccini-says-his-trademark-curly-mop-will-never-get-cut-off-article817456.html#ixzz1bTMU4ENy

banana banana banana banana banana banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:05 pm

I want to pay respect to the almighty Newcastle currently you guys ROCK !

from a fratello bianconero aka Black and White ..

Black and White FTW !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:14 pm

DeviAngel wrote:I want to pay respect to the almighty Newcastle currently you guys ROCK !

from a fratello bianconero aka Black and White ..

Black and White FTW !

You better win later, we have to stay unbeaten together Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:31 pm

And it is only us and City! Huzzah to the awesome win, City!
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:17 pm

First loss.

Still undefeated in the League. Keep it up you champs.

Mute, and play the video under this one.. Makes tiote more of a boss.

:bow:

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:11 am

Still undefeated in regular time.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:05 pm

RedOranje wrote:Still undefeated in regular time.

And in the league Wink

Plus, Blackburn didnt defeat us..... the ref did Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:59 pm

How did Santon play Mole?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:01 pm

dostoevsky wrote:How did Santon play Mole?

Unfortunatly i didnt watch the game as there were no streams.......

But i hear he was great in defence and going forward and the main problem was James Perch and Danny Simpson....

No suprise there Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Excellent.

Prepare the hype train.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:08 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Excellent.

Prepare the hype train.

Believe me if he plays a pitoval role( hell even if he doesnt ) in a win away to Stoke on Monday the hype will be ridiculous.......

It will make Abate hype seem small in comparison Suspect
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Never fear, Italians invented cold nights at Stoke :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:32 pm

My favorite part was when Pardew was like "winning the Carling Cup is really important to me and the team" and we promptly lose the next game.

Neutral
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:55 pm

good luck tomorrow
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:04 am

hopefuly stoke crush newcastle, like shawcross cruched ramseys leg, no way chelsea are falling to 5th place again!
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:59 pm

fatman123 wrote:hopefuly stoke crush newcastle, like shawcross cruched ramseys leg, no way chelsea are falling to 5th place again!
Classy...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:17 pm

RedOranje wrote:
fatman123 wrote:hopefuly stoke crush newcastle, like shawcross cruched ramseys leg, no way chelsea are falling to 5th place again!
Classy...

Similar to Stoke fans themselves......

Like in any sport, you take out the danger person as quickly as possible, within the rules of the game. Someone should have taken Suarez out the other night.

Hope we can take "BA" out tomorrow night. If it happens to be on his dodgy knee, then so be it.

Classy lot.......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Classy...

Similar to Stoke fans themselves......

Like in any sport, you take out the danger person as quickly as possible, within the rules of the game. Someone should have taken Suarez out the other night.

Hope we can take "BA" out tomorrow night. If it happens to be on his dodgy knee, then so be it.

Classy lot.......

Wow. I've tried to accept Stoke for their workman attitude and the success of their pragmatic style of achieving results in recent years. However, statements like this are exactly why people jump on stoke for their physical style. Usually a statement like that one meant in the sense that they are attempting to keep a player from influencing the game. Unfortunately, someone failed to mention this to the Stoke players, fans and management as they have taken their physical style to a whole new level, apparently targeting individuals. This kind of statement (and attitude) are absolutely reprehensible. There is no place in sports for this attitude. If the only way you can beat a team is to injure their main offensive threat, then you have bigger things to worry about than winning one game. I would consider looking at your own game and assess your personal failings and the failings of your team before attacking an opposing player.

For reference, a similar statement made by an American Football player would earn at least a fine, potentially a suspension and possibly an investigation into previous infractions.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsofthenortheast Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Santon is such a good signing but more Stoke fodder. Sad

I hope we win the game tonight without any injuries. Neutral

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:19 pm

kingsofthenortheast wrote:Santon is such a good signing but more Stoke fodder. Sad

I hope we win the game tonight without any injuries. Neutral

Aslong as we dont lose and get no injuries iam happy tbh lol, no many people even get a point at Stoke to get anything will be a bonus i do think we can nick a win tho......

I think Santon should start tho, its not like hes tiny hes 6 foot plus and much better on the ball than Simpson which means less hoofball.

I think we should play it on the ground as much as possible no point trying to beat Stoke at thier own game especially if Best doesnt play.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsofthenortheast Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:33 pm

Yeah definitely, as you know we've got some really tough fixtures coming up so a win tonight would be brilliant as it'll obviously be a challenge to get anything off Man City, Man United and Chelsea. I believe we can give City a game but we don't have enough quality up front to trouble them. Chelsea's defending last game was shocking so we have more of a chance there, if Man United play Evans then anything could happen.

It's true that Santon is no midget but he has had continous problems with one of his knees which is what I'm worried about. With any luck nothing bad will happen though. Oh and of course he's better than Simpson. Very Happy

And yes, agree on your last point.

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next