Firenze
Arquitecto
titosantill
El Gunner
sportsczy
30 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official - Page 6 Empty Re: Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:28 pm

Pretty sure its just media spinning click baits as usual, but why Liverpool emerging as a favourite now? If it were to happen Klopp would have achieved another unbelievable feat... I mean Liverpool were problem Spurs level prior to Klopp Razz

Wouldnt make sense n feel for the current attackers... Jota especially already on the bench so much Razz

Interestingly Real also has similar issue of would be having too many LWs n bring some unbalance too...

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official - Page 6 Empty Re: Mbappe to Real Madrid - Official

Post by Clutch Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:28 pm

Vini and mbappe are much closer than ppl like to admit lol. Vini has made massive improvements in the past 2-3 yrs.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:30 am

Clutch wrote:Vini and mbappe are much closer than ppl like to admit lol. Vini has made massive improvements in the past 2-3 yrs.
About as close as Antoine Griezmann was to Messi. That's the level of the gap.

Sometimes I wonder if people watch games with their eyes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:42 am

While I don’t disagree with you Sports, you shouldn’t be talking about what people see when you already acknowledged you seldom watch Real Madrid games. How would you know how much Vinicius has advanced when you don’t watch games! And we all have seen how coloured your lens is in regards to Mbappe.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:28 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:It's been awhile since we've had a mercenary join us. Yes sports i am familiar with the credibility of that reporter.

If he has a higher salary than vinicius im calling bs.

Much higher.

160 million euros signing fee
27 million euros net (after taxes) wages
retains 50% of his image rights

Explain to me how the hell a guy who hasnt accomplished anything clubside outside of ligue 1 gets more money vs a cl winner in vinicius jr.

But then again i fail to realize that as a mercenary, money is their mo. His mom surely doing her best raiola impression. The man is dead but his greed passed on to aspiring money grubbing agents who like to skim off their players. Even more egregious when its family.

Already got generational money and bloke still wants more? Merde.

I like vini as much as the next madrid fan, but don't you think this is a wild take? i'm not saying vinicius can't become better at some point in future, but as far as January 8th 2024 and no time after jan 8th 2024. but up till this very moment, this is a wild take.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:07 am

futbol_bill wrote:While I don’t disagree with you Sports, you shouldn’t be talking about what people see when you already acknowledged you seldom watch Real Madrid games. How would you know how much Vinicius has advanced when you don’t watch games! And we all have seen how coloured your lens is in regards to Mbappe.

Oh i watch games... just not as many as I used to.  Probably seen 2/3 of RM games this year (not much to see re Vini) and 1/2 in the last.  He's progressed and is a very good player.  But to put him in the category of Haaland, Mbappe, etc. is absolutely wild.  These guys are generational players... Vini is not.  Limited game, questionable mentality, and inconsistent.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:26 am

Im not getting how Sports can be accused of not watching Vinicius enough when Bill & co. dont exactly tune into France and PSG games.

Vinicius is simply not mentioned amongst the ranks of the best players in the world for a reason.

Mbappe and Harland are, in fact the former is the best player in the world. Why tf is this inane comparison even being made
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:43 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Im not getting how Sports can be accused of not watching Vinicius enough when Bill & co. dont exactly tune into France and PSG games.

Vinicius is simply not mentioned amongst the ranks of the best players in the world for a reason.

Mbappe and Harland are, in fact the former is the best player in the world. Why tf is this inane comparison even being made

Reason why I"m not a RM fan anymore.  99.9% of the fans watch nothing other than RM games yet make sweeping statements without any data whatsoever...  most RM fans aren't even real football fans from what I can tell.  It's far far far worse on other forums.  People here are mostly reasonable and knoweledgeable (except in this thread lol).  The Mbappe issue with RM fans is that he's not fawning all over RM and they have a problem with that.

Just last week, I had to explain to an entire forum why Marcelo is not, nor is even close, to being the best left-back ever.  I mentioned Maldini, which they knew very little about...  and then went down the list of better ones:
1- Maldini
2- Breitner
3- Roberto Carlos
4- Krol
5- Facchetti
6- Nilton Santos
7- Cabrini
8- Lizerazu
9- Brehme

You could make a case for Marcelo for 10th place and that's it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:03 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Im not getting how Sports can be accused of not watching Vinicius enough when Bill & co. dont exactly tune into France and PSG games.

Arq, if you would bother to read I said I didn’t disagree with Sports. His comments re Vinicius are right on, IMO. But I still don’t believe he is watching many of the games. (And of course, in the few he likely watched, Vini was out injured). Sports is likely looking at highlights IMO. After all, Sports is noted for spinning things just a tad.

I think Vini has a lot of potential and could potentially be a partner to Mbappe or Haaland (I don’t think either of these possible acquisitions are dead yet). First thing  Vini has to do is mature and control his emotions. If he can do that and concentrate on his job, then he will improve.

However, I also don’t believe he is our best player. That distinction belongs to Bellington. He is simply incredible and it’s almost unbelievable what he is doing at his young age. He thus far, is far ahead of Zidane at same age. iMO, he will be right up there with Mbappe and Haaland, not for goals, but for overall play and influence. I find the most remarkable attributes about him are his range (he is all over the field) and his reach.

Our squad, when you look at the potential acquisitions, Flo is trying to make (Mbappe or Haaland plus Davies), would give us 3 of top 5 players and top players in almost every position plus strong bench including 3 youth talents (Endick, Güler, Nico Paz). Simply put, it’s a good time to be a Madridista. And for all of the destain expressed about Flo, he has patiently put this rebuilt team together economically over the past 5 years. Of course this viewpoint will change (or maybe delayed) if he doesn’t make these 2 acquisitions this summer. To me, he is the best president out there and has surpassed Bernabeu. His prime reasons for his success are learning from his mistakes and sound financial management. If you look into his business, it is run exactly the same.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:29 pm

Man, Sports has been veering to a more indie france only support for years now doesn't mean he won't watch games therefore far more impartial and objective in his opinion there.

I dont actually agree on this better than Zizou at his age therefore higher ceiling for of course he is but many players have had an earlier peak at an earlier age but declined earlier let alone a smaller ceiling.

Examples if not my favourite example is Cesc Fabregas.

I dont deny he can surpass him but I am dubious of those outliers for instance.

I also dont think Bernebeu and Flo can be compared for the former had far less at his hands to build what he did for more reasons than one and was an absolute pioneer and visionary to build the white castle to where it is. Flo has surpassed him but never will on culture and what Bernabeu did, maybe that's just my grandfathers teachings to me and a bit pedantic but still.

I agree on your second comment on Vini.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Clutch wrote:Vini and mbappe are much closer than ppl like to admit lol. Vini has made massive improvements in the past 2-3 yrs.
About as close as Antoine Griezmann was to Messi. That's the level of the gap.

Sometimes I wonder if people watch games with their eyes.
Coming from someone who said mbappe was the main catalyst of helping PSG reach the Champions league final in 2020 Laughing

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:33 pm

In Zidane's era, you weren't considered a target by a big European club before the age of 25.  That's just how it was.  They didn't take risks on foreign unproven players.  Same with clubs... you didn't get a chance in your teens.  Zidane was actually an anomaly there as he got his chance in Ligue 1 at the age of 19 (highly unusual).  Zidane was torching it in France and for France NT well before he left for Juventus.

Same for NT... nobody started for big NTs until their mid-20s.

Here is Zidane's first appearance for France at the age of 22.  Why did it take so long?  Pro debut at age of 19 and you had Karembeu, Djorkaeff (he was playing mid), Deschamps, Petit, etc who were all several years older ahead of him:

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:26 pm

Arq, I liked Cesc, but he was no where close to what Bellingham is doing! I’m not saying he will surpass Zidane who I consider a legend. I am saying what this kid is showing now is incredible and he has nothing but a further upside to go. Who knows how much he will progress. Most of the kids on this forum rave about various players but reality is in today’s game injuries are almost bound to happen and injuries can hurt or kill a career. Case in point is Canales. He looked like a very promising player but ACL injuries killed his mobility and thus his career. He did well considering, but never reached the highs expected of him.

P.S. - I can’t stop laughing at your comment saying Sports can be objective and impartial! :facepalm: scratch
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:59 pm

I think we are forgetting how good Cesc was at his best for Arsenal and España. Bellingham has had 6 months of it so far and whereas the threshold of it has been higher, Cesc did it for a while and wasnt far off. I too used to argue for the "he has done it earlier therefore can be better" but players as of now are also developing earlier and peaking earlier, and enough evidence is there to support that.

I think Sports is objective as a whole unless when it comes to anything regarding French players, stadiums, (smelly) French cheeses and Gérard Depardieu
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:40 pm

Cesc was definitely HIM. Arguably even better than Bellingham is currently. People just tend to forget the amount of talent that was around back then. There are far less players that stand out as much as they did back then.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:27 pm

Cesc was considered a top 3 player in EPL when he was at Arsenal... with the other two being Rooney and Van Persie. That's how good he was.

He was absolutely incredible. I remember Cesc, Arshavin, Rosicky and Abou Diaby (when healthy) just straight dominating. Then you had Nasri and Van Persie up front. What a team... and he stood out.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:52 pm

Cesc was better than van Persie his whole time he was in the Prem for us. Van Persie only peaked in 2011 when he was finally fit for an extended time and Cesc left around that time.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:08 pm

El Gunner wrote:Cesc was better than van Persie his whole time he was in the Prem for us. Van Persie only peaked in 2011 when he was finally fit for an extended time and Cesc left around that time.

Van Persie was extremely good in 08-09.  He then got injured in 09-10...  but got up to form again in 10-11.  Cesc filled the void of being a more advanced player in 09-10 with RVP hurt and Bendtner being what he is (lol).

To me, during that time, the best players were Cesc, Rooney and RVP.  Ok you have to throw in Carlos Tevez, Gerard and Lampard (hate to say it as an Arsenal fan at the time).  Fernando Torres too (I really don't like him).  I'm also not taking into account defenders and keepers of course.

OK... so I'm biased towards Arsenal lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:25 pm

Torres definitely makes the top 3 in 2008.
Tevez i'd put below all of them.
Lampard and Gerrard was always thereabouts for most of the 2000s, you kinda always forget about them and take them for granted.

But i think Cesc being a consistent top 3 player in the PL during his time at Arsenal is a correct statement.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:00 pm

This is exactly my point why is half a season of Bellingham being counted above the phenom that was Cesc at that time. No doubt Bellingham is doing beautifully but recency bias, reigns king.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 pm

Strangely, my favorite players ever for Arsenal were... Dennis Bergkamp, Marc Overmars and Patrick Vieira.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:26 pm

Cesc was a problem. I think people forget this cos of his time at barca, but I mean everything his arsenal side didn't have, Jude seems to have them at Real. Arsenal lacked depth and had a bunch of flash in the pan type of players after Thierry left. Some of our players are older, but we've got experienced champions on the team. Something Cesc didn't have at arsenal. And when he went to barca he was played out of position.

Technically i don't think he's as good as Cesc yet. But he can get there, it's still only half a season, just needs to expand on that body of work. And Vini may not be mbappe, but he was far from a beta in that champions league season. I wouldn't associate Vini with that cos even in a terrible Vini game, the dude still plays at his same level, he's never short of confidence or scared of taking defenders on, even when he's having a bad game.

And that year i think he was our most assist guy that season. He may not have been in the driver seat, but he definitely wasn't at the back of the bus. Mbappe's better at least to me, but Vini did his thing that year.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:Strangely, my favorite players ever for Arsenal were... Dennis Bergkamp, Marc Overmars and Patrick Vieira.

Patrick Vieira one of the greatest players to play in the PL. imo him yaya and silva are in the shout for best foreign PL midfielder. Marc Overmars, top winger, i really don't know which foot's his stronger foot. legit two footed guy. Dennis....if i say anything about this one, i might cause an uproar in GL and especially arsenal fans. Let me just reserve my thoughts/comments to myself.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:Strangely, my favorite players ever for Arsenal were... Dennis Bergkamp, Marc Overmars and Patrick Vieira.

Those are my favorite Arsenal players, as well. I didn’t watch football much before 1999, but some of my childhood friends were Arsenal fans and I did watch their matches occasionally and I’m very familiar with their team of the late 90s.

Fernando Redondo was the Real Madrid player who impressed me the most when I started following Real Madrid, and to this day, he’s my favorite Real Madrid player. It’s largely for sentimental reasons, but I really miss watching him play. Similarly to Bergkamp, he had a very nonchalant playing style that made everything look effortless.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:54 pm

titosantill wrote:

Dennis....if i say anything about this one, i might cause an uproar in GL and especially arsenal fans. Let me just reserve my thoughts/comments to myself.

That makes me curious. I have heard some people say that they think he’s overrated. I didn’t watch Arsenal, or even football in general, on a regular basis when Bergkamp and Overmars were playing together. I was in my pre-teens, and I imagine my impression of them may be quite glorified compared to the reality at the time. It was also influenced by football trading cards and magazines, and I’m sure I’d have a different imoression if they were both playing today.

But I do remember them both very well. I was a faster sprinter than any of my peers when I was a kid, so Overmars was a player that I could relate to, although I never shared his low center of gravity. Bergkamp stood out to me with his elegant playing style and playmaking ability. I was never much of a playmaker myself, but I remember being in awe of his ability whenever I watched him.

Come to think of it, most of our members are younger than I am, so I’m guessing few of us actually watched these guys while they were still relevant.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:20 am

Bergkamp was a bit inconsistent at times in his later years at Arsenal. But his first 4 years were nothing short of exceptional to me. When he was paired with Overmars... my god.

There was that one year when Anelka burst on the scene where it was just magical with Overmars/Bergkamp/Anelka on the front line. Anelka... the biggest waste of talent ever. Talk about surly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next