BarcaLearning
Lord Spencer
Mamad
Chad31
titosantill
46 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 20 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:12 am

I’m yet to meet a Leo who isn’t a straight up goat

Da vinci, di caprio, Tolstoy, Messi and now this 🐐

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 20 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:53 am

for a while in my teens and early 20s when i still wanted kids, i always said i want to name my first son Leonardo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:49 pm

ONANA
AWB Varane Martinez Shaw
Casemiro MOUNT
Antony Bruno Rashford
MBAPPE
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:46 pm

Mbappe doesn't want to play upfront right?
I wonder how that's going to affect his transfer because all the teams that he is being linked to have a bigger need for a CF striker, except for Liverpool.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:19 pm

Okay so you realistically think he considers any other club than RM...?

There's no way. I'm sure they already have a pre-agreement

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:32 pm

why wouldn't he want to come to the GOAT league?
how quickly before he and Vinicius' egos clash especially if they want to play the same position?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:05 pm

Firenze wrote:
ONANA
AWB Varane Martinez Shaw
Casemiro MOUNT
Antony Bruno Rashford
MBAPPE

Arguably the best player in the world added to that lineup and it still looks trash. United are half a decade away from success.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:58 pm

El Gunner wrote:why wouldn't he want to come to the GOAT league?
how quickly before he and Vinicius' egos clash especially if they want to play the same position?
bc he wants to win and city is the only realistic team at this point. He doesn't care about FA cup or the Caribbean cup or whatever

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:27 pm

so what you're saying is he wants to have it easy, bet
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:52 pm

He wants to win CL and Balon Dor. Which Prem team guarantees competing for CL every season?

Doesnt need to prove or challenge himself, thats weird to even suggest. Messi never had to challenge himself in the Prem either, that was a fan fantasy.

I think Man City would be a good destination for him but they dont want him
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:54 pm

El Gunner wrote:why wouldn't he want to come to the GOAT league?

Less than one year
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:55 pm

Messi came up in Barcelona, totally different scenario
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:08 pm

Just to add a little perspective to a Mbappe signing;

Mbappe wants 140M in salary, bonuses, image rights, etc (basically use imagination as to how to meet demand and not break any financial rules). He doesn’t want to lose any money by leaving early on existing contract.

PSG is demanding 200M to sell him.

Mbappe wants a top CL contender

Mbappe is also, according to Sports, demanding to play on left side plus have the attack centred on him.

So for a team to be eligible for him, they have to have financial capabilities of 340M. It as been reported that Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and ManU plus RMad are interested.

Arsenal have already spent more this summer than they ever have. Highly doubtful, they have financial capability to spend  2 to 3 times above what has been a record high for them.

Liverpool has already backed out of deals that were too expensive at 100M range.

Chelsea has a shit squad, is rebuilding and not in any Europe competition.

ManU has severe financial restrictions at this point until new owners are in place. An apparent UEFA rule will prevent new owners from acquiring anyone from PSG due to a connection between the owners of the two teams. Rule places onus on owners to prove there is no connection.

That then narrows list down to RMad and only issue is the “left” demand. Ancelotti is toying with idea of a 4-1- 2- 1 - 2 formation, given the abundance of midfielders on squad which will help Vinicius, Mbappe issues. It remains a problem, but same issue, as noted in this thread earlier with any of the interested clubs. Maybe Mbappe doesn’t get everything he is reported to have demanded.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:44 am

I think PSG comes off its demands and basically allows him to leave for close to nothing to save on his cost in this coming season.   Frankly, that's the only way I see Mbappe even remotely considering a transfer... and that's if the club taking him pays him 200 million to Mbappe.

Keep in mind, if he stays, he gets a 100 million bonus from PSG on top of his wages this season and another 100+ million signing bonus next summer from his new club on top of his wages.  That's a lot of zeros.  It's too much to walk away from.

Given all the variables, my guess is there's an 80% chance he stays at PSG and a 20% chance he leaves IF PSG throws in the towel (Madrid can afford to pay Mbappe 200 million).

It's PSG's fault.  They gave Mbappe a once-in-a-lifetime crazy contract and he's not going to let them walk away from it. A big reason he stayed at PSG was the crazy contract. Why should he give it up? It's not like he hasn't performed as expected.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:58 am

That 140M that Mbappe was supposedly demanding so as to not lose anything if he agreed to leave this summer has just gone up to 200M, in Sportsczy post above!! ! But, then then again, “he’s not in it for the money”, as stated by Sportsczy, a year ago. And speaking about quotes, same Sportsczy said a week ago 70% chance he ends up in Madrid, now saying 80% chance he stays at PSG!!!

Getting real hard to follow this drama soap opera, when numbers and percentages keep changing!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:37 am

El Gunner wrote:so what you're saying is he wants to have it easy, bet
the only team that guarantees him CL from the prem is City.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:53 pm

El Gunner wrote:Messi came up in Barcelona, totally different scenario

Yeah but I doubt the best players in the world consider transfer moves in terms of proving or challenging themselves. You either choose the best money or the best package overall (weather, likelihood of winning trophies etc).

Haaland chose the best option to win trophies and the golden ball and so will Mbappe.

It's the same argument people always had about Guardiola. "He always chooses the easiest option, fraud until proven at a lesser club without infinite money". If you are the best, you choose the best option. This whole thing about proving yourself is fanfiction. If you go to coach Roma it means that you dont have options. Mourinho would love to coach RM but he can't, just to provide one example.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:08 pm

Sure but that's why Guardiola can't touch Mourinho in terms of legacy despite Mourinho being a semi retired has been while Pep is winning the CL and Prem.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:38 pm

I think Haaland would've stood out a lot more if he had played for Real Madrid or any other top team. For large parts of the season, he's been the guy who picks up loose balls and is in and around the box in case the ball lands close to him. He's not utilizing his athleticism much and doesn't see much of the ball apart from increasingly rare occasions when KDB or someone else decides to feed him directly. He doesn't seem to have a problem with that, himself, but he's become much more of a spare part in a larger machine than a spearhead despite all of the goals he's scored across the entire season.

I wouldn't know which club to pick if I were in Mbappe's boots. Most top clubs are going through a re-building phase, and there's a lot of uncertainty when it comes to determining which clubs are going to be able to distance themselves from the rest next season. I imagine Man City will be favorites again, but the loss of Bernardo Silva is definitely going to be noticed. I highly doubt they would've won anything this season if it wasn't for him effectively compensating for other players being out of form during the first half of it. Who else is there? Real Madrid? A lot of uncertainty there as well. We have a young team that will only get better, but we need a top striker. Barcelona? Bayern? Liverpool? I'd be hesitant to join either of those teams, if I had to choose. There seems to be a lack of balance across the board, so I imagine it's a tough decision for him to make. No one seems to like or rate Newcastle, but with their newfound resourcefulness, it's only a matter of time before they become a part of discussions like these.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:52 pm

I truly have mixed emotions about Mbappe coming to RMad whether it be this year or next. On one hand there is no denying his talent and that he will enhance an already evolving talented team, he does seem to create a lot of unnecessary drama. I have concerns about his attitude and how he will fit into team atmosphere (which is a huge contributor to team’s success). Mind you we were able to endure with Ronaldo! The biggest concern will be how will he and Vinicius co exist, especially if both insist on LW spot.

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:53 pm

Myesyats wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Messi came up in Barcelona, totally different scenario

Yeah but I doubt the best players in the world consider transfer moves in terms of proving or challenging themselves. You either choose the best money or the best package overall (weather, likelihood of winning trophies etc).

Haaland chose the best option to win trophies and the golden ball and so will Mbappe.

It's the same argument people always had about Guardiola. "He always chooses the easiest option, fraud until proven at a lesser club without infinite money". If you are the best, you choose the best option. This whole thing about proving yourself is fanfiction. If you go to coach Roma it means that you dont have options. Mourinho would love to coach RM but he can't, just to provide one example.

To be fair, I think Guardiola's been picking the cream of the crop ever since he left Barcelona. He took over a Bayern side that had some aging stars, but they had just won the treble the year before, and I personally thought they played incredibly cohesive and entertaining football under him. And then he went to Man City and was able to play FIFA manager mode with their abundance of resources and questionable transfer activity, which is a liberty that I think every manager would envy.

Yes, the supposed top managers basically just rotate between the top clubs, but sometimes those top clubs are left in pretty bad shape by the previous manager, and that's a situation that's Mourinho has been in and Pep hasn't.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:03 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I truly have mixed emotions about Mbappe coming to RMad whether it be this year or next. On one hand there is no denying his talent and that he will enhance an already evolving talented team, he does seem to create a lot of unnecessary drama. I have concerns about his attitude and how he will fit into team atmosphere (which is a huge contributor to team’s success). Mind you we were able to endure with Ronaldo! The biggest concern will be how will he and Vinicius co exist, especially if both insist on LW spot.

I imagine Vinicius will have to budge if Mbappe arrives, but that's pure speculation and I have no idea how the club intends to solve that issue. My biggest issue with Mbappe coming to Real Madrid is that he used us in order to negotiate a better deal for himself at PSG. It left us in a tough spot and we still don't have a replacement lined up for Benzema because of it. I feel like we become his sloppy seconds in a sense, by continuing to pursue him on his terms.

A different perspective is that it's his right to demand as much money as he can possibly get, and he only did what's best to secure his own future financially. And I understand that to some degree, but I still feel like he should face the consequences of that decision. You don't always get the cake and eat it too. I'd obviously be happy to have a player of his quality in our team, but we managed without him when the last transfer didn't happen, and I'm sure we'll find solutions if it never happens.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:32 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I truly have mixed emotions about Mbappe coming to RMad whether it be this year or next. On one hand there is no denying his talent and that he will enhance an already evolving talented team, he does seem to create a lot of unnecessary drama. I have concerns about his attitude and how he will fit into team atmosphere (which is a huge contributor to team’s success). Mind you we were able to endure with Ronaldo! The biggest concern will be how will he and Vinicius co exist, especially if both insist on LW spot.

Ronaldo barely created drama tbf. Good teammate and leader. Put his head down and put in the hard work. I don't know if Mbappe can ever come close to that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:00 pm

Vibe wrote:Sure but that's why Guardiola can't touch Mourinho in terms of legacy despite Mourinho being a semi retired has been while Pep is winning the CL and Prem.

Mourinho should honestly stick to harrassing staff around parking lots. They're not even in the same conversation
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:54 pm

I could say Pep should stick to harrassing African players or something, but that is beside the point.

Fact is, Pep is winning races, but he's won in a Lamborgini, Ferrari and a Bugatti. Mourinho managed to win in a freaking Citroen. On the first attempt.

And that is why they are not in the same conversation, because Guardiola hasn't arrived yet.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:11 pm

futbol_bill wrote:That 140M that Mbappe was supposedly demanding so as to not lose anything if he agreed to leave this summer has just gone up to 200M, in Sportsczy post above!! ! But, then then again, “he’s not in it for the money”, as stated by Sportsczy, a year ago. And speaking about quotes, same Sportsczy said a week ago 70% chance he ends up in Madrid, now saying 80% chance he stays at PSG!!!

Getting real hard to follow this drama soap opera, when numbers and percentages keep changing!

He will come to Madrid eventually (either this year or next). I'm just not sure PSG's ego will allow them to give Madrid a deal that would then allow Madrid to sign Mbappe this year.

Remember that these aren't business people that are money driven. It's all about image and brand for the owner of PSG. Money is very secondary. My sense is that they'd rather eat the money than send Mbappe to Madrid and lose face.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next