Firenze
The Demon of Carthage
titosantill
S
41 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Haaland's next destination

Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Vote_lcap50%Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 5 ]
Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Vote_lcap40%Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Vote_lcap10%Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Empty Re: Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 11, 2022 6:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:Because the transfer fee was so low, Haaland asked Madrid to include a release clause of just $150 million that can be triggered in 2 years.  Flo said no and Haaland moved on.

That was the deal breaker per reputed media.

I would like to know who your reputed media is? Surely it’s not the same sources of your numerous denials of Mbappe coming to Madrid!

I have heard there were several reasons why Madrid never submitted an offer.

1. The interest started as an alternative if they couldn’t get Mbappe. Mbappe always was the number 1 target.

2. No offer was contemplated until the Mbappe deal was secured (which happened in Late January). Then it was an issue of first not doing anything publically until Mbappe could be formally announced. Then it was also a possible compatability issue with Mbappe primarily, but secondly with Benzema.

3. The compatability issue had several takes to it. Mbappe is going to have the top level, on salary level, would Haaland accept that? The current team has a great humble attitude with no player feeling he is better than the rest. They know Mbappe will fit into this atmosphere, but there are doubts with Haaland. Then there are the issues with playing time, positions etc. in a perfect world, it would be best for Haaland to come when Benzema is in decline. Plus there is the possibility that Haaland could be available in a couple of years.

3. Then there is the cost for Haaland, reported all costs is at 350M. That is beyond the sound financial budget philosophy of club. Biggest issue was the agent fees. As with Mbappe, they could possibly offer him a larger percentage of image rights (which Madrid do not announce this publicly) and lower overall costs, but definitely they were not willing to match City. Basically you had Madrid adapt to club if he really wants to come, while player / agent / father wanted highest offer. Can’t really fault either.

It is what it is. Time to move on.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Empty Re: Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City

Post by Helmer Wed May 11, 2022 9:44 pm

WATTBA that Bundesfodder rejects are rejecting Madrid or asking for a release clause rofl
Spoiler:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 12, 2022 10:45 am

It's a money move, right?
City's system doesn't seem to me like it would harmonize particularly well with Haaland, and vice versa?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 12, 2022 3:14 pm

Not just money. I think playing under the guidance of the bald fraud can also be quite tempting for many players.

Of course City's money must have also played a huge part in convincing him and his agent. Madrid simply can't compete with them on a financial level.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu May 12, 2022 3:39 pm

It's not surprising. These kids grew up watching his Barca and probably associate Messi's development with him. His playing style also contributes to it. I remember Grealish saying he wanted to join City because he wanted to play for a team who held the ball 70% of the game. Add the fact his teams always win trophies then it's sensible he has transfer pull.

That being said coaches don't have much transfer pull in the grand scheme of things due to the short nature of their stints. Players normally won't take big pay cuts on the basis of who the coach is lol.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 12, 2022 6:52 pm

@Bill.

Here's the Cadena SER article re the release clause refusal:

https://cadenaser.com/nacional/2022/05/09/el-real-madrid-rechazo-las-condiciones-de-haaland-pedian-una-clausula-de-liberacion-de-150-millones-en-su-segundo-ano-de-contrato-cadena-ser/
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 12, 2022 7:04 pm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 12, 2022 7:43 pm

I don't know how reliable these numbers are, but I imagine he'd be able to demand higher wages at both Man United and PSG.

Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Skjerm42

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 12, 2022 7:49 pm

futbol_bill wrote:

3. The compatability issue had several takes to it. Mbappe is going to have the top level, on salary level, would Haaland accept that? The current team has a great humble attitude with no player feeling he is better than the rest. They know Mbappe will fit into this atmosphere, but there are doubts with Haaland. Then there are the issues with playing time, positions etc. in a perfect world, it would be best for Haaland to come when Benzema is in decline. Plus there is the possibility that Haaland could be available in a couple of years.

Are the Spanish media claiming that he's some kind of egocentric diva, like they occasionally did with Martin Ødegaard? It's great that no player feels that they are better than the rest, as long as Vinicius accepts that he won't get the ball as long as he sucks. Maybe that motivated him to improve Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 12, 2022 8:01 pm

Thimmy wrote:I don't know how reliable these numbers are, but I imagine he'd be able to demand higher wages at both Man United and PSG.

Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Skjerm42

Quite a few sources reporting that. At least payments above board. This also means that his options are wide open should he decide to leave after 2 seasons. A handful of teams can afford to match that salary later
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 12, 2022 8:01 pm

No not at all. It’s more a case of Madrid not knowing. The dressing room right now is very harmonizing. Bring in two superstar kids may alter that dynamic. They already know Mbappe gets along with Benz. They don’t know the mindset of Haaland. If he comes in at highest salary, he may think he is best on team, and there is the issue of playing all of Benzema, Haaland and Mbappe. As I said, in a perfect world, he would come in when Benzema is declining.

As for Vinicius, if Haaland did come, he would be the bench player! And even with just Mbappe coming in, he has to switch to RW and I’m thinking with Rodrygo recent development, Vinicius may be taking a back seat to his countryman. Vinicius has to turn down his antics, strive for more consistency and adapt to the opposite side. Meanwhile Rodrygo just keeps getting better, is very consistent around goal and is a smarter player.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 12, 2022 9:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:@Bill.

https://cadenaser.com/nacional/2022/05/09/el-real-madrid-rechazo-las-condiciones-de-haaland-pedian-una-clausula-de-liberacion-de-150-millones-en-su-segundo-ano-de-contrato-cadena-ser/

Did you actually read this Sport? It’s from SER Catalunya! You’ve really taken to calling Barca media (the other time it was Sport) as reputable Madrid sources. scratch

The issue I believe was Raiola! Let alone the other issues I mentioned. I think it always was an alternative if Mbappe didn’t come.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 12, 2022 9:26 pm

futbol_bill wrote:The issue I believe was Raiola! Let alone the other issues I mentioned. I think it always was an alternative if Mbappe didn’t come.

I think you are right about Benzema being the reason for Perez's reluctance and ultimate refusal to go after Haaland.

He must be thinking that Benzema still has a a couple years left in the tank to lead the frontline, and as a result, it doesn't make sense to bring Haaland right now. He also must be thinking about Vini and Rodrygo who would definitely see even less playing time with Haaland on board.

I think he took a decision to keep the harmony of the team, which is a good enough reason.

To circle back to Haaland, even with the news about his City contract having a 150m release clause that will become active from 2024, I don't think Florentino will go after him even then.

Haaland is a confirmed killer, and I really, realy, really wanted Madrid to sign him, but I guess some players aren't meant to play for Madrid. I have to accept it and move on.

I just hope that when Benzema declines, we will have someone ready to take over.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 12, 2022 9:28 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:@Bill.

Did you actually read this Sport? It’s from SER Catalunya! You’ve really taken to calling Barca media (the other time it was Sport) as reputable Madrid sources.  scratch

The issue I believe was Raiola! Let alone the other issues I mentioned. I think it always was an alternative if Mbappe didn’t come.

Did you read it?

Pacojó Delgado (Madrid-based) https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacoj%C3%B3_Delgado broke the story re the clause issue with Madrid (2nd paragraph).

SER Catalunya is the one that broke the story that he's going to City (first paragraph).

ffs dude.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri May 13, 2022 5:05 pm

I'm sure we had the money for Haaland. But I think the biggest obstacle was benzema. Current best player in the world and shoe in ballon dor. You don't sell him for Haaland. I saw so many posts saying we can just switch to 442 or have Haaland and Benz rotate or loan Haaland back to dortmund all of which are ridiculous.

He chose city and that's the end of it
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat May 14, 2022 1:40 am

It will be most interesting to see how haaland fares in city.

Personally I think guy will stand out in a bad way, for the style that the bald hipster employs, he doesn't fit on paper but thats okay. Pep style is trash so haaland forcing a change/adjustment whether small or large will actually be for the better despite the hipsters nonsensical musings.

Whether he succeeds will depend on his personality, and whether or not it clashes with the hipster. Ibra and aguero come into mind. Mostly Ibra, though haaland doesn't strike me as someone with an ego that's noticeable. He should be fine. If guardiola can't get the best out of him that's on pep, not haaland.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat May 14, 2022 6:30 pm

Dumbo 2.0?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 15, 2022 2:40 am

Tbh Borussia have signed a better overall player in Adeyemi. Good business.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 15, 2022 9:34 pm

Myesyats wrote:Tbh Borussia have signed a better overall player in Adeyemi. Good business.

I'll quote you on that at the end of next season when Dortmund are a top 5 team in Bundesliga Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 1f605
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:51 am

This city team is a madness with Haaland up top

Wowzers as if they weren’t scary enough to face before now you have to also keep up with the galloping viking
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:21 am

He has an aura on the pitch. He's gonna bag 40+ lmfao.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:12 am

Prime Agüero didn't bag 40, I'm not sure how you're expecting him to bag more than Kun.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:32 am

Erling Haaland's adventures in Manchester City - Page 5 Du6nb5zn5sg91
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:59 am

Man the way people talk about Haaland after just 1 game is kind of insane. "Scary", "will destroy", "like a viking come again". Let's chill on the hyperbole. He's not R9. I'm sure he will score a lot, because any top CF playing for a Pep team will score a lot, but he has to earn his place at the podium before this kind of talk is warranted.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:16 am

Yeah the hype around this guy is nuts. Even Ronaldo joining Madrid wasn't publicised as much. I'm sick of going everywhere online and having to read someone getting wet for Haaland before he's done anything spectacular.

Also I hear people who compare him to Zlatan, perhaps they have forgotten that besides strength and pace Zlatan was a very technical player like R9 and Haaland for all his astonishing pace and power as well as being very lethal in front of goal doesn't even have a tenth of Ibra's technical ability.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:30 am

If he stays injury free and hits his potential then he’s going to finish as the all time top scorer in official competitions. That’s his ceiling.

Yeah he’s not Ibra technically, but he joined the best coach in the world when it comes to improving that aspect.

He’s a better goal scorer at 22 than Ibra was. Physically it looks like he was made in a lab. 6’5 with electric pace and a rocket of a left foot. Sky’s the limit really.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next