sportsczy
titosantill
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
Perucho21
27 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by Perucho21 Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:23 pm

Militao decided to have a completely shit night. At fault for the first 2 goals.

Kroos getting manhandled. Casemiro will be back in the second leg.

Being 1 goal down is quite a blessing

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:29 pm

We nearly conceded an identical goal as against Barca when Nacho decided to press high leaving a gaping hole behind him. Irritating

It's such a turnoff watching us try to press completly out of sync. City are prone to mistakes but with this midfield it's impossible to press high

Also when was the last time we sustained high pressure by winning thw balls cleared ny opposition defenders? Can only think of against Getafe but in that game neither Kroos nor Modric played

Also Rodrygo failed to take advantage of his start yet again but then again we are short on quality RWs so he's our best bet
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:34 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:We nearly conceded an identical goal as against Barca when Nacho decided to press high leaving a gaping hole behind him. Irritating

It's such a turnoff watching us try to press completly out of sync. City are prone to mistakes but with this midfield it's impossible to press high

Also when was the last time we sustained high pressure by winning thw balls cleared ny opposition defenders? Can only think of against Getafe but in that game neither Kroos nor Modric played

Also Rodrygo failed to take advantage of his start yet again but then again we are short on quality RWs so he's our best bet
How many quality rws are on the market? Seems all the good wingers want to play LW these past couple of years.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:24 pm

I think you are missing how much Rodrygo has developed this year. He is actually a smarter player than Vini and he’s a year younger. With Mbappe coming in for LW spot, the question will be can Vini adapt to RW or will Rodrygo continue developing to be the RW starter?

As to this entire Semi, we are over achieving, but noone can say for certain, can we come back for third time or not? Either way, I’m enjoying this!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:47 am

My hope is that Militao and Alaba can't be any more shit than this game.  Goes for Carvajal too.  So assuming our defense is just moderately shit as opposed to a complete calamity, we should win at the SB.

We will score 2 goals at least for sure.  Benzema is several classes above those CBs.  If he gets service, he will score.  

I also think that it's far easier to play a game at home for a young player like Rodrygo... and Camavinga and Valverde... than it is away.  So those three should automatically be better.

And let's not forget Casemiro...  assuming that he doesn't play like the clasico.

As I'm typing this... we're fully capable of being complete shit.  No doubt about it.  But I think that we rarely are complete shit two games in a row.  And unless we're complete shit, we beat City.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:06 am

I haven't been watching our matches with any regularity this season, but I'm under the impression that we perform according to the form of our veteran players, and I can't tell that they're very reliable in that regard these days. Kroos and Modric seem to go through waves of criticism and praise throughout the season, and I assume it has to do with their increasing age and declining consistency. They're both top talents, no doubt about that, but sooner or later, their lack of consistency will become a bigger issue than it is right now. I imagine that includes Benzema as well.

I still remember people claiming that C. Ronaldo would keep going until he's in his 40s, but evidently, not even one of the most athletic and disciplined players of modern times can maintain a high level of sharpness, speed, stamina and general consistency that far beyond the average prime years. Like I mentioned in a different thread, top players are definitely playing at a high level beyond the age where they'd typically decline in the past, but the ones that rely on a high level of athleticism still don't seem to look very consistent beyond the age of 35.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:29 am

Reading comments on social media I think the fanbsse are finally understanding why I've been so critical of Kroos for a couple of seasons. I get he brings a lot of composure and his long balls are great but against teams like city and pool who just press the living crap out of you he's relatively useless. I've been seeing it for years now. However, I think Carlo didn't really have much of choice as Casemiro wasn't fit to play

I like our chances in the 2nd leg as sports said our defense just really needs to be better. Casemiro returning will help but let's not act like Casemiro isn't the most reliable against high pressure teams either. He is still However a much better option than Kroos at DM.

Next week I see Carlo either going with Fede Casemiro Modric with Rodrygo RW or Modric Casemiro Camavinga with Fede RW. Hopefully Alaba and Mendy rest this weekend as they weren't 100 percent.

We will definitely score at the bernabeu. But so will city. Cancelo and Walker returning is a huge boost for them
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:55 am

Kroos was non existent in defence. But we've seen this before both when he plays CM and DM. Chelsea were targeting his side in both ties. Sevilla made him look like a Sunday league player and now City ran past him like he wasn't even there

He was good under pressure but what good did that do when we conceded 4 goals anyways many of which he was a huge part of. At the moment his negatives outweighs his positives

If you ask Casemiro to just do HIS job then he is probably the best in the world at it but when you expect him to spread passes too then he becomes an easy target when teams press us. Because he takes 5 mins to make his mind up and passes to opposition players more often than not and in very dangerous positions as well

We should play the second leg by pressing high and for that to be achievable we can only afford to play one of KCM. So Carlo needs to choose between Casemiro and Modric.

Knowing Carlo though he'll play KCM and Valverde and he'll pray to God that Benz or Vini or Modric come up with some magic before he unleashes Cama and Rodrygo. Veru predictable

Wirh Walker coming back he'll match Vini for pace and strength. He needs passing options but when we only attack with 3 players it'll be easy to just frustrate the hell out of him and watch him go solo all game much to Benzemas frustration

As for the defence. Militao is having a drop in form at the worst part of the season. There are so many schoolboy errors in him these days you'd think we just promoted a player from Castilla or something. I thought he'd get his shit together after the Sevilla horrorshow but it's just continuing

Nacho is just charging at everyone that comes into our half without a second thought. Where is the Nacho of last season ey. He loses players on crosses too. Is the constant benching getting to him finally. Can't be easy when you only play every now and again

Dani has regressed at an alarming rate. In previous seasons this guy would run up and down the pitch for 90 mins straight. This season he's either getting torn to absolute shreds by wingers or late to react to nearly every single ball played into our box. I can't believe i say this but in current form Lucas>>>>>Dani

Mendy........the supposed Mr Reliable. Thinks he is Zidane in the middle of the pitch which is even more infuriating to see than when Lucas attempts step overs but he's been a total flop. Not only does he give no support or good balls in attack but he's letting players run at him without closing down. In fact he's jogging back most of the time. ADM, Reece, Mahrez I mean any quality winger these days would turn this guy in and out with ease. Not only that but he's a nervous wreck under pressure. Alaba just stopped passing the ball to him yesterday he probably knew it'd be a turnover or a shit backpass to Tibu. Oh how i wish we had a quality LB.....

Tibu, look i love you but you've got to do better on the fourth goal. Near post seems to be his achilles heel. First Mbappe like 3 or 4 times now Silva. But like he mentioned recently, it's difficult for keepers because 1 or 2 mistakes get amplified as opposed to attackers who can have shit games and still make up for it with a goal or assist. He's been inhuman this season. He's earned a few shitshows tbh. Hope he channels his frustration with a impeccable game next week.

Vini, can be frustrating actually he can be very frustrating. Like for example when he tried to take on 3/4 City players with no RM players in support instead of passing it back to Mendy or that hilarious shot in the last 10 mins instead of passing the ball to Benz. He has alot of those in games. But man with the little support this kid has he has been absolutely ourstanding all season. I mean look at that goal. Fernandinho did well to get the ball before him for the goal so Vini knew this and just did a dummy. This kid NEEDS SUPPORT. I mean we could build something similar to peak Marcelo +Ronaldo with the right support for this kid but he constantly has to go up against 3 or 4 players on his own and despite this he's scoring and assisting for fun

Rodrygo......you got your start and the only thing to show for it were bad decisions after bad decisions. It's amazing how noone has taken advantage of the open slot on the right side. Nobody wants it. Everytime Asensio starts (plays) he's shit and everytime Rodrygo starts he's dissapointing. Playing Valverde there helped a few seasons ago when KCM still had a bit of energy ane Dani was a robot. It doesn't work anymore. Valverde needs to play CM where we can take advantage of his qualities alot more

Benz :bow: will be soooo dissapointing if this guys superhuman season is wasted by poor personnel choices and defensive let downs by the midfield and defence

Carlo, thinking about it rationally a day after the game I think he did as well as he could do with the starting line up even if everyone and their aunt knows Kroos' defensive game is lacking especially as a DM. This is on the club for getting noone to compete/cover for him all these years. But the tactics are on him. We were atrocious for large parts of the game and that's on him

He has many important decisions to make for the second leg and a clip round the face of Militao will also be welcomed

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:32 am

It should be a sackable offence for Carlo to play the startes on Saturday

This should be our line up:

Luynin
Lucas-Rafa-Nacho-Marcelo
Ceballos-Casemiro-Cama
Rodrygo-Bale-Asensio

Casemiro and Cama subbed out in the 60th minute
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:My hope is that Militao and Alaba can't be any more shit than this game.  Goes for Carvajal too.  So assuming our defense is just moderately shit as opposed to a complete calamity, we should win at the SB.

I'm not as optimistic as you to be honest.

The score looks very close on paper, but in reality, Man City were the better side and could have ended Madrid in the first 30 min hadn't they been so wasteful.

If we're being honest, we should count ourselves lucky to still be in the tie. But will luck still be in our side in the return leg? Will Man City continue to be so wasteful with their chances? Will Laporte touch the ball again with his hand? Will Modric have a godlike, defense-splitting pass to Rodrygo? Will our defense stop being so leaky?

I'm not sure.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:50 am

halamadrid2 wrote:It should be a sackable offence for Carlo to play the startes on Saturday

Luynin
Lucas-Rafa-Nacho-Marcelo
Ceballos-Casemiro-Cama
Rodrygo-Bale-Asensio

No way in this world or the next would Carlo play such a shit line up. He'll play a strong 11 vs Espanyol as this an opportunity to win the title in the Bernabeu. Also, Espanyol would be coming hard to ensure they ruin our night.

Honestly, I don't mind a strong starting 11 as these guys would wanna play in a title deciding match anyway.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:57 am

Reading right now that Militao and Nacho are suspended. Alaba unfit. This weekend will be Vallejo and Marin.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:24 am

Wonderful
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:58 am

Doc wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:It should be a sackable offence for Carlo to play the startes on Saturday

Luynin
Lucas-Rafa-Nacho-Marcelo
Ceballos-Casemiro-Cama
Rodrygo-Bale-Asensio

No way in this world or the next would Carlo play such a shit line up. He'll play a strong 11 vs Espanyol as this an opportunity to win the title in the Bernabeu. Also, Espanyol would be coming hard to ensure they ruin our night.

Honestly, I don't mind a strong starting 11 as these guys would wanna play in a title deciding match anyway.

I'm sorry, I couldn't disagree more with you here. I think Hala is totally right.

Remember, we only need one point to be crowned champion with 5 games still left. We can afford to draw or even lose the next game and still have all the time in the world to scrape off a point in the remaining 4 games.

What we can't afford is to field a strong eleven against Espanyol and risk getting them injured and/or spent before the City game.

It's not official yet, but I think it's safe to say that Madrid is the champion of Spain for the current season. There's no need to run any extra risk.

Next game, Carlo must rotate heavily. Especially Benzema, I don't want to see his name anywhere near the game sheet.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:36 pm

He shouldn't be in the squad forget the line up

He, Modric, Vini, Tibu should be wrapped in cotton wool
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:23 pm

Ridiculous to play a full squad when we only need a point to win the league. Whether we win or not at home isn't remotely an issue. Hell, we can win it in Pakistan, we would still get to celebrate the title at our home ground and cibeles. Champions league now is major major priority
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:50 pm

I'd err on the side of the mental boost winning the league will have on them. Start with the full line up and sub out as necessary

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:23 pm

I guess you haven’t heard, we are out of CBs! Alaba is out injured, likely is going to miss City game and both Nacho, Militao are suspended. They have Vallejo and Rafa Marin and possibly using Carvajal.

Casemiro is ready, but they have said not worth risking him before the City match.

The only questions then are do Modric, Kroos, Benzema, Vinicius play?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:45 pm

Disagreement is fine as I don't actually run the squad, however, Carlo is not gonna play a weakened team intentionally and seeing we have a real shoe string backline, the chances of a strong line up being played is higher imo.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:57 pm

Rodrygo and Vinicius are young enough to play both games. I would rest Benzema, play either Bale or Jovic.

In midfield both Ceballos and Isco didn’t look terrible lately so at least one of them could start as well as Camavinga. Issue is none of them is a DM, unless they play Blanco.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:44 pm

Squad list out

No Marin, probably being used for Castilla. Gila in
No bale. Faking injuries. He can fuck off

Benz will start
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:13 pm

What a piece of shit Bale is! He has the club not allowed to say anything about his injuries and constantly, (it’s seem whenever the club could use him), conveniently takes himself out of squad. The day when the entire squad were celebrating, Bale was in a corner not part of it at all!

And now it looks like Carlo has no choice but to play Benzema and Casemiro. For some unknown reason, they didn’t include Marin nor Blanco in squad. Cbs are going to be Casemiro and Vallejo. Hell we might even see Kross in as DM again!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:45 pm

Wow, Bale is an absolute twat. Will not be missed by a single RM fan. He'll leave through the backdoor while Marcelo and Isco will get proper sendoffs like he deserves
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:43 pm

I wonder how the squad feels about bale? Probably out of sight out of mind. The dude is soft
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:47 pm

He never has been part of squad. Language is his biggest issue. He’s more in touch with his golf mates!

And yet he and his agent and his Wales coach will say club has mistreated him!

Just a total piece of shit!

Btw - I sure hope Hazard, next season doesn’t turn into Bale 2.0
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:55 pm

Age was the only issue I had with signing Hazard, back when we were linked to him for a second time. No one could predict how his time with us has panned out. He looked like he'd be a great fit for us in the short term, but I just looked him up and he's 31?! That short term I had in my mind has already passed, lol. Has to be one of the worst transfers of all time considering what was spent and what was expected of him.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next