M99
zizzle
Raptorgunner
KMD
Ali
40 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Ali Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:28 pm

THC wrote:I disagree, it's all about the 1v1, shooting a fair one, seeing who's stronger. Your boys shouldn't have to jump in. Also, you're only referring to the GAME beef, what's your response to 50 sending Game at Budden? Or the example that Adnyana used.....

adnyana179 wrote: When Nas released "Don't Body Ya Self", 50 was nowhere to be seen. Nas was man enough to later reach out and offer to talk, but instead 50 goes on to say that no one cares about Nas and that "his career is over". Why not take it to the mic instead of making off record remarks that hold little to no weight? That's a defeated man.

I see as more of a business man, he's not really an artist. 50 will the play the game and do what he has to in order to succeed. Go back and listen to Jada and Kiss go at 50, if half the things they say about 50 are true, you have to admit he's grimey.

(Quoted from the Joe Budden conspiracy)
"Fresh off the Roc Da Mic tour, and at the urging of Jay-Z, 50 Cent concocts a scheme to lure Joe Budden into a situation that would divert Joe’s attention away from promoting his album and instead focus on beef. Just as Joe’s debut was starting to buzz, 50 openly makes comments to many in the media about how he isn’t feeling the Budden album, mainly because it lacks street credibility (yeah, it was a while ago).

Joe jumps head first into what he thinks will be a battle with 50, surmising that he may be able to capitalize on beef with a top rapper, just as 50 had done with Ja Rule before he buried his ass only months earlier.

As Joe throws the first couple of jabs at 50, Curtis is ready to unleash his master plan, when he has what looks like a wrench thrown into it. Game, an upstart Compton rapper signed to 50′s parent label Aftermath, had been making the mixtape rounds in New York a couple months prior. During his stay in the Big Apple, he’s contacted by who else, but DJ Clue to cover a track on his new mixtape. When Game reaches the studio, only Clue and Desert Storm affiliated rapper Stack Bundles are there.

Jump to mid-2003 when the beef looks to be heating up with Joe and 50. Game is now a relevant artist, officially down with G-Unit. Clue sees a way to capitalize off the situation. He immediately takes the vocals that Game and Stack had done and adds a new verse of Joe spitting that subliminal butane at 50. When the mixtape makes the rounds at the NBA All Star Game in LA, 50 who had been smiling for the past eight months finds out and his teeth are visible no more. He immediately confronts a plea copping Game.

To make Game prove his allegiance to G-Unit, 50 directs him to go hard at Budden. Harder than Jerome Bettis on the goal line. Harder than Dr. Dre on a late 80′s N.W.A. beat replying to Ice Cube. Harder than Tupac’s phlegm on that camera lens…yes harder than Game himself whilst name dropping for over 50 minutes on a f**king album. Game does so, but Joe quickly returns fire at the Compton rapper momentarily, and then focuses on the person he thinks is behind everything, 50. Showing that he’s smarter than he appears, Curtis remembers what happened after Ether and refuses to answer Joe directly.

Jay soon contacts 50 Cent and further presses him to take Budden out completely, but by this time the riff between Game and 50 had begun, after Fif is infuriated after a photo of Budden and Game apparently squashing the beef, pops up. Thinking his crew looks weak because of the move, Curtis’ teeth aren’t very visible for the second time in months."

It's ya most hated rapper, your favorite rapper
Ya favorite rapper's least favorite rapper
Joey!
I don't cater to rappers (nah)
And I ain't heard a n#%*a say that I have ta (nah)
Not ya basic rapper, the rapper of ya favorite rapper
Knows may come after, it's Joey!

The masses ain't made it cool for you to rock to me lately
As a result, leaders love me, followers hate me
My name's brought up amongst the followers lately (but!)
But a lot of 'em are biased, so anytime you hand 'em somethin' new like "try it" (here it is...)
They already got their mind made up not to like it
Already got their mind made up and decided, so the heat is on 'em
But what's the thread count? Homie n#**az sleepin on 'em
He's most hated most def, but he's most def
One of the most def with exception of Mos Def
Correction, he's most def one of the most with depth
But most slept (why?!), cause he probably went over most heads (but!)
Still a general though, in the hood like General Tso's
Y'all more like "in general" oh
Still in NJ, duckin' bullshit warrants (ok!)
Comin' after me like bullshits important
But they apprehensive 'cause the bullshits not foreign (where at?!)
In Jerze where they tuck heat and love shanks
And we keep money under the mattress, *bleep* BANKS!
N#**az wanna act ape...(ok)
Like a razor to both sides of their jaw wouldn't give 'em a sad face
Talkin' bout sound scan pushed me to tell
That you bitch n#**az should go plat cause pussy sells
They did a bike-by on the God, tryin'a kill me (Budden was almost murdered)
Still ain't invest in bodyguards, gotta feel me
I don't smoke or drink, I only chug Henny
The industry put that I don't give a f**k in me
And cause that one guy's loakin'
I gotta sleep like Slick Rick and keep one eye open
Stuff somethin' way in my Fila's
Strong arm run in the family like Peyton and Eli
Lust fast cars, and I don't discuss you fag frauds
Shawn and Marlon, y'all tough ass broad
And I know y'all
So I'll put a red dot on you bigger than the one that's from Lionel's sword
Joe state to state wit' new arms
So when I pull up to ya car, I ain't askin 'bout no Grey Poupon
I been through the worst, way back with no digits
Made it out that pitch black like Riddick
Scrap wan' get it, rap predicts he holds the belt
And I just copped somethin' new that reloads itself
Cause they fiend to grab me, soon as I'm seen they wanna snatch me like The Source with magazines comin' at me
Insignificant, and if Game is a Certified Gangsta, who's givin' out certificates?
Illegitimate, y'all n#**az believin' em
He's yesterday's paper, guess nobody's readin' him
Joey, nobody's seein' him...

I respect Joe for going up against the whole G-Unit, how could they not destroy one man? 50 didn't even have the nerve to send anything back at Joe, what's his excuse for ignoring Joe? Even the LOX battle should have been closer. G-Unit had Banks and 50, going up against Styles and Jada. 50 beat up on Jay Rule, Fat Joe and Cam'ron (who is a poor mans Jay-z). 50 preys on the weak.

The real shame is that these games cause artists to focus less on what's important, the actual music.

Hip-hop needs all the talent there is to offer and you have these scum bags trying to keep people out of the game. The Lox tried to help out Jae Hood and took him in. Budden helped out Stack Bundles, tried to put together the A-team and I'm sure he has tried to help out other artists. Why can't 50 and Jay-Z (artists who have already established themselves) successfully push/promote other artists? We know they understand what it takes to make it in the rap game.

It doesn't work like that, and it never will. Pac didn't even go at Biggie alone, Outlawz jumped in, that's how it always goes big homie.

In my opinion, he's just on his game, and it's working. Dre is just as shady and no ones doubting his credentials. It's the environment he was raised in, I'd be just as shady to be honest.

What?... Tony, G-Unit staff

Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Ali Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:38 pm

adnyana179 wrote: Since you're basing it all off reputation or commercial sales, do you agree with me saying that Nas made 50 look like a joke and that Rick Ross never suffered after 50's antics? I'm not even a big fan of Ross, but the man is still making music and selling numbers like nothing happened.

Is this about music or is this about cash cows and activities beyond music? You mention that 50 wants to make a change in the world but how about Ja Rule's L.I.F.E. Foundation? Fat Joe and Rick Ross are no strangers to good causes either. Does that make a difference to you? I also find it ironic that 50 is pushing a book on the topic of anti-bullying.

Do you remember the D-Block vs. Rocafella / State Property feud? That was top quality, one of the best rivalries in the genre. Team on team at its best.
50 and G-Unit never even came close to the levels that they reached. If you asked me who would win out of Sigel and 50, I'd put my money on Beans.
So to answer who would take out the LOX, there is your answer (it's still debatable who really won). Look at the mutual respect between the two camps afterwards. They've collaborated on some nice joints together too, so all the better for us as rap fans.

I can't find much on Nas' and 50 beef, I'm still on your word Iggz, so I won't comment there.

But look at Rick's image, LUPE, the honest boy made a jab at Ross, that's how bad his rep is. Ross lost the battle undeniably.

What good causes are Joe and Ross doing? Also, I have to praise Ja for what he is doing but look at the scale Fif is doing, but that wasn't the point, the point was differentiating 50 and Game.

It's funny when we are comparing Sigel and 50 when Sigel needed 50's help to go at Jay-Z. I don't think Rocafella won the beef to be honest, Sigel and Freeway did some dope ass shit, especially Sigel he was on some grimey ass shit, I still have a line fresh in my mind : " You a bitch, without the pocket book and the wig/ How you talk that Pac shit, when you rolled with Big? " . In the end, Jada and Styles reigned supreme in my book, they dissed Sigel and Freeway for going with their leader, and in the end their leader DID *bleep* em . Also, you talking about LOX and G-Unit right? Look how tight Banks and Styles is! 50 and Jada even did some music together :

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 26 Tag_DSC00213
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:45 pm

this is mad funny on topic
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:35 pm

ali8774 wrote:Also, you talking about LOX and G-Unit right? Look how tight Banks and Styles is! 50 and Jada even did some music together

So first you back 50 up for refusing to squash the beef with Game and now you commend 50 for deading the beef with Jada. You're starting to contradict yourself, you said 50 and yourself would not forgive someone if they told you to suck their d**k (LOX went after 50's credibility). It seems you're always going to be down with team 50, there's nothing wrong with that. I also fail to see the point you're trying to make with this.

If you want to disregard the Joe Budden conspiracy, please do more than just make the font on the word conspiracy bigger. You read though it and told me it sounded legit, but you wanted to do more research. I don't think you can deny the truth behind that article, it all makes a ton of sense and Budden is not on to fabricate his raps. What exactly about that quote from the "Joe Budden Conspiracy" did you find to be false

ali8775 wrote:But look at Rick's image, LUPE, the honest boy made a jab at Ross, that's how bad his rep is. Ross lost the battle undeniably.

What does this have to do with 50? Lupe is not "the honest" boy, Lupe keeps it real and those are two very different things. Lupe is from Chi Town and grew up in the streets, he just chooses not to rap about ignorant things.

ali8775 wrote:It's funny when we are comparing Sigel and 50 when Sigel needed 50's help to go at Jay-Z. I don't think Rocafella won the beef to be honest, Sigel and Freeway did some dope ass shit, especially Sigel he was on some grimey ass shit, I still have a line fresh in my mind : " You a bitch, without the pocket book and the wig/ How you talk that Pac shit, when you rolled with Big? "

That's the whole point, no one can say who the clear winner was. We can only debate and do our best to prove what we believe. When G-Unit went up against LOX it was game over, there's no debating that one.

ali8775 wrote:It doesn't work like that, and it never will. Pac didn't even go at Biggie alone, Outlawz jumped in, that's how it always goes big homie.

50 has the power to make it work like that. 3-4 months ago Eminem stopped Joe from going after Arsonal So please don't tell me 50 could have stopped his crew, we all know he was more than happy to have the help.

You barley responded to anything I said and still have yet to answer why 50 didn't want to go after Joe himself. Why didn't Jay wanna go at Joe?

ali8775 wrote:In my opinion, he's just on his game, and it's working. Dre is just as shady and no ones doubting his credentials. It's the environment he was raised in, I'd be just as shady to be honest.

Joe is not from a shady environment? LOX is not from a shady environment? 50 is out of that environment, no longer living in Queens and I'm certain he has enough protection. It's not about being shady, it's about being aware and looking out for snakes. How do you know how you would act? It's really a what if, you didn't grow up in the environment and therefore you're just speculating.

I find it odd that you are such a big fan of 50. You seem like a good kid who wants to help out others and make them into something, do you not realize 50 does the exact opposite?

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:34 pm

ali8775 wrote:
dmize wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
Game released so many disses towards 50 you gotta have some hot ones

so which ones weren't hot?

D-Block and Game both bodied 50 and G-unit. I haven't checked for 50 since 06. BISD The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 26 Puke

those long ass disses where pointless. POINTLESS. Really? Three mixtape of disses and you think they're all hot?

I'll give you Curtis wasn't good, but BISD was good, wasn't mad dope, but it was good, but hell even if you don't agree that's opinion and to each his own.

So you can't name any? "Those long disses"

Pretty much every diss Game came with was hot.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:39 am

Like football, I was a bit late getting into the rap game. I just listened to a few Method Man song's and I'm pretty impressed. I'm enjoying his flow and word play, how do you guys rate this guy?

Can you guys recommend any albums or songs?

Last edited by TetraHydroC 10 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:41 am

Joe speaking on 50, I remember watching this back in high school.

"I still got a problem with... the dude 50 and if he want to send a shot at me, I'd like for him to do that then, I'd love for him to do that. He's not gonna do that" Joe Budden

Would you let someone call you out like that and not respond?

I wasn't sure if we were finished debating this, my apologizes if we are.

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:58 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:

Like football, I was a bit late getting into the rap game. I just listened to a few Method Man song's and I'm pretty impressed. I'm enjoying his flow and word play, how do you guys rate this guy?

Can you guys recommend any albums or songs?

It seems we struck a few nerves with ali. If he still wants to discuss it, I've got no problem.

Method Man is nice, I've always fancied his style. Definitely check out "Tical" as a starting point then work forwards. Not to sound like a broken record, but the debut is so often the best and he is no different IMO. Here are a few of my favorites:

Of course, his coming out track deserves a listen too.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:43 am

ali8775 wrote:
adnyana179 wrote: Since you're basing it all off reputation or commercial sales, do you agree with me saying that Nas made 50 look like a joke and that Rick Ross never suffered after 50's antics? I'm not even a big fan of Ross, but the man is still making music and selling numbers like nothing happened.

Is this about music or is this about cash cows and activities beyond music? You mention that 50 wants to make a change in the world but how about Ja Rule's L.I.F.E. Foundation? Fat Joe and Rick Ross are no strangers to good causes either. Does that make a difference to you? I also find it ironic that 50 is pushing a book on the topic of anti-bullying.

Do you remember the D-Block vs. Rocafella / State Property feud? That was top quality, one of the best rivalries in the genre. Team on team at its best.
50 and G-Unit never even came close to the levels that they reached. If you asked me who would win out of Sigel and 50, I'd put my money on Beans.
So to answer who would take out the LOX, there is your answer (it's still debatable who really won). Look at the mutual respect between the two camps afterwards. They've collaborated on some nice joints together too, so all the better for us as rap fans.

I can't find much on Nas' and 50 beef, I'm still on your word Iggz, so I won't comment there.

But look at Rick's image, LUPE, the honest boy made a jab at Ross, that's how bad his rep is. Ross lost the battle undeniably.

What good causes are Joe and Ross doing? Also, I have to praise Ja for what he is doing but look at the scale Fif is doing, but that wasn't the point, the point was differentiating 50 and Game.

It's funny when we are comparing Sigel and 50 when Sigel needed 50's help to go at Jay-Z. I don't think Rocafella won the beef to be honest, Sigel and Freeway did some dope ass shit, especially Sigel he was on some grimey ass shit, I still have a line fresh in my mind : " You a bitch, without the pocket book and the wig/ How you talk that Pac shit, when you rolled with Big? " . In the end, Jada and Styles reigned supreme in my book, they dissed Sigel and Freeway for going with their leader, and in the end their leader DID *bleep* em . Also, you talking about LOX and G-Unit right? Look how tight Banks and Styles is! 50 and Jada even did some music together :

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 26 Tag_DSC00213

I didn't think you would need to look this stuff up, but you didn't even know Nas and 50 had history until I told you the other day. That surprised me, especially when I consider you a strong 50 fan that would surely have a good grasp on his career. The music is only half of it, but that's all I really focus on and care for at the end of the day.

Nas said it best on "Carry On Tradition" when addressing how 50 goes about things. If you don't know what I'm referring to, take a hint from "How to Rob". The way he went at AZ was cowardly and just another step down the respect ladder. He says he doesn't "Back Down", but when the big boys stepped up he did just that (look at the battle that never was in MSG).

You feel that D-Block won the feud with State Property and that's your opinion, no disregard, but at least that one is up for contention.

50 and Jay have always had a tension ever since he stepped into the game, so it's no surprise that he got involved. To be fair, all he did was a hook on one of Sigel's tracks (I wouldn't call that help). Wanting Beans in his corner is what you'd expect 50 to do, knowing that Sigel had such close ties with Jay. Numbers, money and whatever aside; I do believe Sigel would topple 50 in a battle. I feel the same about Cassidy.

It's a stretch to consider what artists do outside the game if they're in a feud; it's all about the music. I only threw in those examples about charity and goodwill because you made it sound relevant. When Jay and Nas had their feud, no one factored in what Jay may have done with UNICEF or certain foundations.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:01 am

OT
Funny Tupac Stuff. Lmao!!
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Haha nah fellas no nerves struck here, there's time difference and I have school ! Ya'll my boys there's no hard feelings over music, in the end all music is good music and I'll give you a response once I get back, I'm leaving right now
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Once you pay your dues like fitty, do you really go out and retaliate against every lower tier rapper like Budden? You know how many MCs challenge him? He might as well have to beef with every Chinese person in the world individually The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 26 2276801876
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Just heard a track off the new Slaughterhouse LP called Monsters in my Head. It sounded real dope, Joey and Crooked probably killed it the hardest.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:10 pm

Another track from Common's upcoming album. Based off all the leaked tracks so far, this should be up there among the albums of the year.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:10 am

New video for that leaked Noreaga track. I read somewhere that he wants to reunite with The Neptunes for his next album.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:27 am

Yung Blu is one to look out for. 15

Slim The Mobster, Dr. Dre's new protege. Reminds me of a West Coast 50 Cent. Whose House? is da Sh1t..

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:56 am

Was going through Jada's albums earlier and figured I'd throw this question out there.

Which is better?

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:08 am

He went in on both of them, I'm not sure if I say which song was better lyrically. I think I'd have to give it to "Feel Me", in my opinion it had the better flow and beat. I don't really feel right picking one over the other, but I don't want to be that guy who can't decide.

What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:33 am

I'd say "Still Feel Me" edges it. I think he rides the beat a little better on the second. Lyrically, there's nothing between them.

My favorites from both:

"I don't rap, I provide you bars
and the pain is invisible, but you can't hide the scars"

"How my sixteens give you a visual
I know you thinkin' he ain't really sellin', how he live off residuals?"
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:59 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:

Crazy track. Couldn't remember if it was posted in the past.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:04 pm

New Crooked.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:47 am

The Roots- New Song.
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:59 am

This album always takes me back to riding the 2.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next