Myesyats
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Babun
45 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I mean, the vaccine they designed was for alpha, and it works for alpha. If new variants pop up that dramatically change the spike protein, is that really the vaccine's fault? It's not what it was designed for.

That's my point. It's proven to work. Obviously a fast-replicating virus like Covid will provide more challenges. But it's not like the vaccine doesn't work against the virus it was developed to work against.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:59 pm

In the US we are getting a third shot, to my eyes for no clear reason. If it were targeted for delta it would make a bit more sense to me, but it's the same one.

The messy messaging:

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F54c689b1-6ed4-4847-9359-799543fe7a5d_1596x1148
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:43 am

I have no real opinion on the third shot for now, from what I read, both Pfizer and Moderna have recently turned in their data on 'booster shots' for peer review, let's see what an actual scientific inquiry comes up with. Maybe it is sensible, maybe it is a money grab.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:15 am

The Pfizer BioNTech vaccine has been given full authorization in the US for ages 15>, a historical first for an mRNA vaccine.

A wave of employer vaccine mandates is expected to follow
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:46 am

Must have passed every trial.

Hope they do the same with moderna so i can be at ease ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:58 pm

The mouth-breathers here will find another reason to not take the vaccine, I'm sure.

Fox News are already playing the "Why did it take them so long" card, which will no doubt continue sow doubt in the minds of these idiots.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:40 am

Passed every trial Laughing

In your dreams buddy. At least look into this kind of stuff man.

FDA approval is clearly done for nefarious reasons. Crazy people lap this up without a shred of thought.

Approval without public and up to date data which public policy is being based around. Absolutely wrong. Not even debatable.

The FDA must (obviously will not) demand controlled studies with long term follow up and again, with up to date publically available data.

July 28 Pfizer posted updated results for their on-going phase 3 trials. This "update" is using data from March Rolling Eyes

Its clearly not up to date and clearly will have no reflection on the waning immunity of the vaccine, which obviously changes the risk profile for anyone taking it.

Common sense, if you are taking a vaccine months (which has decreased efficacy over time , thus waning immunity) before necessary  then you will have no benefit when its actually needed ("flu season"). Of course many people said this at the time but the sheep simply refuse to listen to common sense at this point.

So disappointing to see normally smart people fall for such utter nonsense so easily.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:44 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:In the US we are getting a third shot, to my eyes for no clear reason. If it were targeted for delta it would make a bit more sense to me, but it's the same one.

Of course the US and everyone else will "need" a third shot. Isreal data shows decreased efficacy over time.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:51 am

"Common sense, if you are taking a vaccine months which has decreased efficacy over time (waning immunity, which this one has) before necessary then you will have no benefit when its actually needed ("flu season"). Of course many people said this at the time but the sheep simply refuse to listen to common sense at this point."

It was a policy decision.  2 shots in quick succession gives a higher response, but the longer the distance between the shots the longer it lasts. Policy makers chose for the 1 month gap to make sure everyone was properly protected and now we see the downside of it.

This is why they're going for booster shots, which tbf are pretty common in vaccines. I remember as a kid I had multiple polio, hep a, mmr, etc vaccines. Even as an adult I got a tetanus booster too.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:29 am

We can agree or disagree about that policy decision and if it was the right one. I would say most certainly it was not.

But my sense is that because I mentioned that " many people said this at the time but the sheep simply refuse to listen to common sense at this point" is the reason for your reply. That is fine, but this has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the FDA approval.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:33 am

Dani, Ive taken the vaccine (Moderna) and on the first dose.

What long term effects can you see taking since you seem to oppose the vaccines.

I dont care for short term side-effects nor did I get them but possible long term side effects do worry me despite me long off the anti-vaxx boat for years.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:47 am

Arquitecto wrote:Dani, Ive taken the vaccine (Moderna) and on the first dose.

What long term effects can you see taking since you seem to oppose the vaccines.

I dont care for short term side-effects nor did I get them but possible long term side effects do worry me despite me long off the anti-vaxx boat for years.

Word on the street is you could grow a new genital in your armpit as a possible long term side effect.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:56 am

McLewis wrote:The mouth-breathers here will find another reason to not take the vaccine, I'm sure.

Fox News are already playing the "Why did it take them so long" card, which will no doubt continue sow doubt in the minds of these idiots.

After having an orgasm to Operation Warp Speed? Haha

FOX is hilarious.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:22 am

Florida seems to be the most hard hit state in US as of now:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/25/us/florida-covid-deaths.html
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:29 am

Myesyats wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Dani, Ive taken the vaccine (Moderna) and on the first dose.

Word on the street is you could grow a new genital in your armpit as a possible long term side effect.

Pretty awesome if true
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MindYourThinking Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:31 am

From a PHD if that means anything to y'all. The vaccines cannot keep up with new variants...this essentially means we would be unable to even produce long term studies on the effects of vaccines which were rushed to be manufactured for a variant that is no longer the issue. You cannot have your cake and eat it too...if you've been paying attention and think for yourself, the agenda becomes clear because even the well intentioned are unable to provide a remedy. This whole situation is riddled with holes at this point and that's being reserved with the words. But please do continue to blame the antivaxxers and generalize all into a box because it doesn't align with your ignorance. Ignore meaning refusing the evidence which is available when you don't rely on sources with a vested interest.

Just to be honest, I gave up on reading replies so that can save you from investing time into getting worked up and replying feeling directed towards me.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CS-ZJ4UH25h/?utm_medium=copy_link
MindYourThinking
MindYourThinking
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:47 am

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fd08f9bf1-dcee-468d-963f-99fed96d3fa4_2404x1498

@babun Mississippi was first as of a few days ago, although Florida is up there for sure

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:20 pm

MindYourThinking wrote:Just to be honest, I gave up on reading replies so that can save you from investing time into getting worked up and replying feeling directed towards me.

Dom I love you, but if you're not reading replies, then you just made nothing more but a troll post. What happened to you? I'm legit worried about you mate. Stay safe.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:31 pm

Anti-vaxers wont take the vaccine but eat up horse dewormers like pelicans. Fuck y'all bruh, idiots the lot of them

‘You are not a horse’: FDA tells Americans stop taking dewormer for Covid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/23/fda-horse-message-ivermectin-covid-coronavirus
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:45 pm

The Franchise wrote:We can agree or disagree about that policy decision and if it was the right one. I would say most certainly it was not.

But my sense is that because I mentioned that " many people said this at the time but the sheep simply refuse to listen to common sense at this point" is the reason for your reply. That is fine, but this has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the FDA approval.

It was mostly about the fist part regarding the waning effectiveness
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:50 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fd08f9bf1-dcee-468d-963f-99fed96d3fa4_2404x1498

@babun Mississippi was first as of a few days ago, although Florida is up there for sure

Sad state of affairs, we still have got 30% unvaxxed population and it's getting colder.
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Franchise wrote:We can agree or disagree about that policy decision and if it was the right one. I would say most certainly it was not.

It was mostly about the fist part regarding the waning effectiveness

Somehow, I believe if the vaccines would've been marketed as some premium "product" with a 5-10$ price tag per shot those vulnerable population who belong to the antivax brigade would take the jab. Younger antivaxers aren't a big issue, 30y upwards where it gets sad.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:34 am

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc32372c0-463c-4f46-a9c0-4fbdaac35fc1_1828x1022

Crazy case count in israel. Since they were ahead of the curve in vaccinations some believe that they might predict what happens elsewhere when some of the other countries' vaccines age out.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:36 am

Which means third jab aka booster shot to everyone come fall.

4th jab in Q1 probably at this point.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:05 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 Https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc32372c0-463c-4f46-a9c0-4fbdaac35fc1_1828x1022

Crazy case count in israel. Since they were ahead of the curve in vaccinations some believe that they might predict what happens elsewhere when some of the other countries' vaccines age out.

I would like to see that compared with the number of deaths post vaccination. A quick google search says 27 deaths per 7 day average. Obviously doesn't say if they deaths were caused by covid or not.

My view is that if the deaths are significantly low then stop worrying about the rising cases. Unless there is a combined worldwide lockdown, cases will never drop.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:16 am

I think the concern is that Israel has around 80% vaccinated. A similar rise, or even more dramatic rise, in countries that are even less vaccinated will see not only a massive jump in cases, but with a larger portion of those being unvaccinated (as Babun said, 70% in Germany...even less in the US at 60%) a large jump in the number of deaths. That difference in 10-20% vaccinated is concerning and leaves a lot of people vulnerable. Certainly we can see that hospitals here in the US are having massive trouble again in certain areas.

On the whole I agree with you that when you look at Israel's data, it's not particularly concerning. And I agree that case numbers in and of themselves are no longer a perfect proxy of concern, since the vaccine dulls the lethality of COVID so much. But if Israel is showing what Delta can do once vaccine efficacy begins to fade, it's concerning in areas that are less vaccinated.

At least for the health system, it's hard for me to care very much about unvaccinated folks getting sick and facing consequences at this point, but in areas of the US this is out of control and affecting other people now. My uncle wanted to go to the ER because he was in vertigo, and someone who was there was waiting since 9AM. It was 7PM. I guess he managed to sleep it off just fine or something though, idk, weird dude
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:56 pm

peace & love The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 270c The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 39 270c

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next