CBarca
El Gunner
Warrior
Robespierre
Freeza
19 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:17 pm

Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:this will be LeBron's easiest chip lmao, can't believe i didn't see it coming, Clippers really were the ultimate deception

Tried to tell you a team of 10 SFs, an out of shape C and 3 PGs who can't pass isn't an ideal roster

Also if Lakers win this year saying something is LeBrons easiest chip isn't exactly saying a lot Laughing

His three chips have been against ridiculous opponents overall. I think he's been favoured in 2 of 9 matchups.

Dallas was the only time he lost as a betting favourite. The other time he was favoured was against Spurs when they won. All other finals trips he came in as an underdog.

was he really the underdog though in 2015????

i would say he lost his two favourable matchups (2015 and Dallas), which is just ironically funny

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Yes he was.

If you want to argue any of them it would be the Spurs final as a lot of people still thought Miami were winning before it happened.

Of course as you watch the Series it was obvious they weren't going to win but before the Series people didn't think like that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:28 pm

we were the better team of course, but i'd argue the young fresh team who was never to the finals and still had to prove themselves on that stage was the underdog to the mighty LeBron. I remember the entire season, playoffs and finals Kerr and the team believed and relished the fact that they were the underdogs
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:02 pm

Betting odds are a pretty objective way to determine who’s the underdog in perception.

LeBron was never favourite against your first team lol. His second best player that finals was Mozgov lol

That your team somehow thought they were underdogs is like Bill Belichick preaching to the Pats that nobody believes in them.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:54 am

The 67 win team with the best fg% and opponent fg% was the heavy favorite. Curry missed a game and was banged up and they still handled them. Everybody loves considering themselves the underdog.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:59 am

Underdogs because Charles Barkley said a jump shooting team couldn’t win a championship obviously

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:08 am

El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:this will be LeBron's easiest chip lmao, can't believe i didn't see it coming, Clippers really were the ultimate deception

Tried to tell you a team of 10 SFs, an out of shape C and 3 PGs who can't pass isn't an ideal roster

Also if Lakers win this year saying something is LeBrons easiest chip isn't exactly saying a lot Laughing

His three chips have been against ridiculous opponents overall. I think he's been favoured in 2 of 9 matchups.

Dallas was the only time he lost as a betting favourite. The other time he was favoured was against Spurs when they won. All other finals trips he came in as an underdog.

was he really the underdog though in 2015????

i would say he lost his two favourable matchups (2015 and Dallas), which is just ironically funny

Dallas was a vereran team that had been together and knew their roles. The Heat had 3 carry overs from the previous year and had to develop a whole new system on the fly because it was a disaster the first half of the season trying to accommodate 2 ball dominant stars who couldnt spot up for shit. On top of that they were starting the ghost of mike bibby at PG and an erik dampier who couldnt jump over a credit card at center. If the heat were favorites it was knee jerk hype ignoring the fact that you cant just throw names together and expect a championship. They only made those finals because the east was shit and derrick rose was a fraud.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:32 am

FilthyLuca wrote:The 67 win team with the best fg% and opponent fg% was the heavy favorite.  Curry missed a game and was banged up and they still handled them.  Everybody loves considering themselves the underdog.    

i still think making your first ever finals as a young team against THE MIGHTY LEBRON somewhat evens the playing field of expectations at least, but that's just me.

the best thing happened though, and my team won which is all i care about in the end
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:35 am

huge congrats to the Heat though!! They slightly surprised me, didn't think they would continue shooting it like that, but these young boys don't fear the big stage anymore (except for Kendrick Nunn who has almost become a nonfactor in the bubble). I knew they was a dark horse all along, but i still thought Raptors would come out on top out of the East. Heat were definitely the best East team these last few weeks though. So congrats!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:11 pm

El Gunner wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:The 67 win team with the best fg% and opponent fg% was the heavy favorite.  Curry missed a game and was banged up and they still handled them.  Everybody loves considering themselves the underdog.    

i still think making your first ever finals as a young team against THE MIGHTY LEBRON somewhat evens the playing field of expectations at least, but that's just me.

the best thing happened though, and my team won which is all i care about in the end

You were actually slightly bigger favourites in year one than year two where you went 73-9

That’s mainly due to the Kevin Love injury and Kyrie still not having proved himself totally and not being totally healthy.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:49 pm

Marcus Smart is not going to an NBA finals and this is good to me

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:59 pm

so i just read how much NBA teams and players get for winning the Finals and i was very surprised how nothing it is to other sports

from a simple google search
How much money do NBA players get for winning the finals?

Last season, when the pool was $20 million, the winning team took home around $3.3 million, which broke down to about $220,000 per player for a 15-person roster.

i guess making it to the NBA is really the win
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:30 pm

El Gunner wrote:so i just read how much NBA teams and players get for winning the Finals and i was very surprised how nothing it is to other sports

from a simple google search
How much money do NBA players get for winning the finals?

Last season, when the pool was $20 million, the winning team took home around $3.3 million, which broke down to about $220,000 per player for a 15-person roster.

i guess making it to the NBA is really the win

I don't think it's that surprising considering how strongly the team owners control things. The players have their contracts - with some modest performance bonuses like making all-star - and that's it.

I'm curious to see what's next season's salary cap with all this corona business going on. Less than two months until the draft and no news about the cap.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Id bet my illegitimate son the cap will stay flat next year

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 pm

If anything it is only going to get smaller
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:41 pm

Freeza wrote:If anything it is only going to get smaller

The speculation I've read is that it's going to stay at 109m dollars, which wouldn't be that bad, I suppose, but if it gets smaller that could spell trouble. Apparently most of the revenue isn't from ticket sales, though, so if the commercial and TV partners can pay up, it could all be fine.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:32 am

Too easy.

LeBron and AD are too good. Best player in the league combined with the best scorer who is also one of the best defenders, not sure prime GSW with Durant would stop this.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:16 am

Adebayo 21 minutes, Dragic 15 minutes, Olynyk 18 minutes, the Heat can't win if their stars get injured and can't play for longer than this.

LA were favorites anyway, but there's a real 4-0 vibe to this series now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:31 am

Olynyk suddenly a Star? Laughing

We were up like 40 when Bam and Jimmy got hurt.

It’s always been a great matchup for us. Much better than Boston.

You can’t play a fucking Zone against LeBron and AD. They’re basically built to destroy it. They’ve played against zone all their lives and so has Dwight Howard for that matter.

Also Herro, Robinson, Olynyk and Dragic are gonna get hunted on defense no matter their health. They’re not good.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:37 am

Vibe wrote:Too easy.

LeBron and AD are too good. Best player in the league combined with the best scorer who is also one of the best defenders, not sure prime GSW with Durant would stop this.

lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:38 am

the East really is shit hey
can't even expect KD and Kyrie to save it because they're gunna have a bust up the first hurdle they face on their road
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:12 am

Not worried about KD and Kyrie at all. Think they’re sadly gonna be injury proned.

Would be an interesting team to face, but I don’t think they’re that good.

Also good god I love this team Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:31 pm

Also I don't quite get these calls for Davis to get finals MVP, he's doing a world class job no question but LeBron is this teams driving force, makes all the shit happen.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:54 pm

Vibe wrote:Also I don't quite get these calls for Davis to get finals MVP, he's doing a world class job no question but LeBron is this teams driving force, makes all the shit happen.

Because he's having a historically efficient playoffs while being the leader of our great defense.

Right now his TS% is at 66.4 through 16 games, which is better than Stephen Curry in 2017 (65.9%) when they killed everyone and only lost one game.

That efficient scoring from the best defender in the league is hard to argue against. (At absolute worst top 3)

That said, LeBron is the reason he's just a tiny level better than we've ever seen. They fit together perfectly. It's hard to take one over the other because they're both just as important to our succes.

They should just give FMVP to Iggy again for shits and giggles.

His winshare is also better than anything LeBron and Steph have ever done.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:57 pm

Draymond is actually a really good analyst. He's a dick on the court, but damn if he doesn't keep it real as opposed to a lot of analysts. No bullshit from him. And that's from a current player, much respect.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Freeza wrote:
Vibe wrote:Also I don't quite get these calls for Davis to get finals MVP, he's doing a world class job no question but LeBron is this teams driving force, makes all the shit happen.

Because he's having a historically efficient playoffs while being the leader of our great defense.

Right now his TS% is at 66.4 through 16 games, which is better than Stephen Curry in 2017 (65.9%) when they killed everyone and only lost one game.

That efficient scoring from the best defender in the league is hard to argue against. (At absolute worst top 3)

That said, LeBron is the reason he's just a tiny level better than we've ever seen. They fit together perfectly. It's hard to take one over the other because they're both just as important to our succes.

They should just give FMVP to Iggy again for shits and giggles.

His winshare is also better than anything LeBron and Steph have ever done.

and yet Steph didn't get it in 2017 when he really should've. It's exactly the same situation, there was a stat showing that playoffs that out of all our players Steph boosted our defensive rating the most, i even posted it here i remember. Now obviously Steph is nowhere near being the centrepiece on defense, but the system we played made it easier for everyone else to know what to do on court when he was on.

But yea, LeBron will most likely win it
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next