Thimmy
rincon
Warrior
Myesyats
66 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Where will Messi go?

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_lcap18%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_lcap38%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 13 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_lcap8%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:12 am

Sportsczy....

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Maxresdefault

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 32 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by farfan Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:39 am

Myesyats wrote:
Messi already indicated he'll accept, pending league approval

I'm really curious as to what "Leo to get a % of what he generates to the club" entails Laughing I wouldn't be surprised if they give him equity in the club at this point.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:54 am

I think it means a % of the sponsorship money that he attracts
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:14 am

The way it's phrased makes it sound quite open ended and not just restricted to sponsorship. It might even include match day revenue and a cut of TV deals.

This is Messi we're talking about, he's not turning down the biblical offers from Saudi Arabia for some measly sponsorship split.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:19 pm

13M net for 25M gross ??

Glad i'm not the only one getting screwed by taxes. Maybe in Spain they have better use for tax money than in Canada (here Cuckdeau uses it for charity)
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 12, 2023 4:39 pm

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:44 pm

Officially leaving PSG.

Where next?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:50 pm

miami with loan back to Barcelona or Saudi money!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:49 pm

Casciavit wrote:Officially leaving PSG.

Where next?

Barca

Him and Anto already enrolled the kids at a school in BCN Thumbs up
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:26 pm

Actually it’s Miami with them loaning him to Barca for 6 months possibly extendable to 18 months. Done this way to help Barca with finance controls (lol) and will enable him to have one more run with Argentina NT and then he settles into retirement in MLS.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:44 pm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:58 pm

He looks radiant walking down that tunnel for the last time Laughing

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:10 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Actually it’s Miami with them loaning him to Barca for 6 months possibly extendable to 18 months. Done this way to help Barca with finance controls (lol) and will enable him to have one more run with Argentina NT and then he settles into retirement in MLS.

This would be such a victory for Real Madrid.

@barca fans - remember Messi when he left?  Well he's that dude -40%.  He'll show up for roughly 20 games and won't run at all.  Can't score too much because his speed is slowing... more of an assist guy now with some scoring.

He's class though. Regardless of his poor play, the guy is truly a joy in terms of his behavior and I mean it. Everyone gets old. And, given his success, he doesn't have the same desire anymore. Understandable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:31 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Actually it’s Miami with them loaning him to Barca for 6 months possibly extendable to 18 months. Done this way to help Barca with finance controls (lol) and will enable him to have one more run with Argentina NT and then he settles into retirement in MLS.

this would make most sense, hopefully it happens. Don't want him to go join Penaldo in his retirement league Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:31 am

sportsczy wrote:

This would be such a victory for Real Madrid.

@barca fans - remember Messi when he left?  Well he's that dude -40%.  He'll show up for roughly 20 games and won't run at all.  Can't score too much because his speed is slowing... more of an assist guy now with some scoring.

He's class though.   Regardless of his poor play, the guy is truly a joy in terms of his behavior and I mean it.   Everyone gets old.  And, given his success, he doesn't have the same desire anymore.   Understandable.

Why do people ignore his greed! It was him that push the corrupt Barca management to pay him exorbitant salary, up tp 70% of club income, leaving practically nothing available under normal financial management for rest of squad. Also his brother agent trashing Laporte for not paying him to let him leave!! I would not call that behavior CLASS.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:35 am

Btw, his return to Barca is not as if he improves the team. It’s simply a PR marketing move and will allow club to give him a proper sendoff thanking him for what he has done for them. I won’t be surprised at all to see the 6mth loan concluded and not extended.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:57 am

Messi still gave PSG a solid 16g and 16a this season, i'm pretty sure he is still well able to improve a team
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:40 am

Messi can be greedy and whatever else. That's just business. But he only had one hiccup (his trip to Saudi Arabia) in terms of professionalism at PSG. Otherwise, he showed up to every practice, played every game (regardless of how well), and never made a bad comment or embarrassed the club.

According to people close to PSG (media; mainly from Le Parisien), everyone in the locker room loved him and, regardless of what the media tried to drum up, he has a fantastic relationship with both Mbappe and Ramos.

Just a good person by all accounts.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:43 am

El Gunner wrote:Messi still gave PSG a solid 16g and 16a this season, i'm pretty sure he is still well able to improve a team

It would work if Barca didn't have Lewandowski as the CF and Dembele as the winger.  You can't have three players that absolutely can't and won't defend.

Against good teams, you really can't defend with 7 players.  You need 8. And if you're gonna defend with 8 with zero help from 2 (not even playing passing lanes), the middle of the defense needs to be rock solid. Great CBs and a 2 good defensive mids.

That's the issue.  The imbalance he causes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:38 am

futbol_bill wrote:Btw, his return to Barca is not as if he improves the team. It’s simply a PR marketing move and will allow club to give him a proper sendoff thanking him for what he has done for them. I won’t be surprised at all to see the 6mth loan concluded and not extended.

Yep thats how it feels like, on a sporting level there are surely doubts. Of course his g/a isnt bad, it's still one of the best in top 5 leagues but is he gonna help us in CL? doubt it, we'd surely breeze through la liga but we need to allocate funds elsewhere to compete in cl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:17 pm

Yea, I think most cules knows that if he played in our team today the problem with balance will come out again which Xavi has largely fixed. PSG showed for so long u cant defend with just 7-8 as Sports said... even yesterday some mid table team picked them apart for fun, partly due to the front 2 but also PSG just cant defend as usual Razz

Anyway, I think we all know he back would be more for sentimental n influence rather than actual performance n output especially vs the top teams. So for that I honestly dont really want him back since Xavi is well on his way with the team development. Having Messi would be nice but definitely would stifle that, unless hes happy to be subbed off or do a lot rotation which we know hes not.

The fact that we dont have elite runners like Mbappe, or Alba anymore, or even a proper RB still for him to work with, means I imagine he wont have much to play to... Balde maybe? Fati/Ferran at LW? They prolly wont even be able to reach Messi's passes Razz Dembele n Raphinha? Maybe. Lewand is a slower no.9 nowdays. But u just cant think of the success rate being high n oppositions can just pack the middle again to defend us. I guess its possible but Xavi would need a lot of tweaking in his tactics to maximize his output n for the team as a whole.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:53 pm

sportsczy wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Messi still gave PSG a solid 16g and 16a this season, i'm pretty sure he is still well able to improve a team

It would work if Barca didn't have Lewandowski as the CF and Dembele as the winger.  You can't have three players that absolutely can't and won't defend.

Against good teams, you really can't defend with 7 players.  You need 8. And if you're gonna defend with 8 with zero help from 2 (not even playing passing lanes), the middle of the defense needs to be rock solid. Great CBs and a 2 good defensive mids.

That's the issue.  The imbalance he causes.

good point, though i think they might be able to get away with it in La Liga if Real Madrid are inconsistent.

Truth be told, with their current team and financial struggles, i don't think they could challenge for the CL anyway, especially when there's such a formidable favourite in City around these days.

So i don't think Xavi will be sacrificing much, if any at all, of his team's future potential if he takes on Messi for one more season.

Ideally i guess, he gets Bernardo Silva to play in that Messi position, but first they need to find a replacement for Busquets.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:03 am

Apparently the Saudis are in Paris trying a full court press on Messi attempting to stop the Miami / Barca deal!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:37 am

IMO watching PSG-Bayern and comparing it to the WC, I’ll say this.

Messi needs an elite workrate striker next to him. That’s the only way to cope defensively.

I remember watching PSG-Bayern and it was so easy to create numerical superiorities against PSG because neither Messi or Mbappe (especially) would drop to cover. They’d just stay in the middle and block lanes.

Then I compared it to Alvarez who would form a midfield 5 to cope with those imbalances at times.

So Messi needs a strike partner to do that, but also have to the capacity to make runs in behind regularly. Mbappe is the best in the world at doing the latter, but is even lazier defensively than Messi.

So to get someone who does both your options are only Gabriel Jesus and Alvarez.

Lewandowski is similar to 2019 Suarez. He doesn’t have the legs to get in behind regularly, and he has the lowest defensive workrate at Barca currently.

I know Messi’s production will be better at Barca just because they dominate the ball there, play slower, and they have more respect for him than PSG do. He doesn’t have Mbappe taking stupid shots instead of giving a cutback. He finished with 21 goals this season, and if he goes to Barca I think he’ll finish with a higher goal tally. I also think he’ll probably take penalties again too.

Barca has the quality to win the league again, but they’ll get knocked out in the CL the moment they face a top team because of that defensive imbalance. Then again making it to the R16 is better than exiting the group stages. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:02 pm

Barca got the green light today and Messi's return is edging closer as per multiple tier 1 barca sources.

Jorge Messi — "We have confidence in Leo's return. You will soon know."
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:09 pm

I cant believe it if he comes... wow...

No manager has managed to play him n a front 3 so I guess this would mean Dembele playing LW with Lewand doing an even slower Suarez role? The FB would need to provide so much to compensate but we dont have an attacking RB as usual lol? Otherwise Balde would need to constantly being the LW if Dembele stays RW so Messi has players to actually play to, n then rest would have to defend a lot of ground if countered or we would have to be so good at pressing in order not to give opponents too many chances...

Dembele Lewand Messi

Balde De Jong Pedri Araujo/Gavi

Alonso Christensen Kounde

I guess its possible, n better than having Fati/Ferran instead Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next