Thimmy
rincon
Warrior
Myesyats
66 posters

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34

Go down

Where will Messi go?

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_lcap18%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_lcap0%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_lcap38%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 13 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_lcap9%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_lcap3%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_lcap6%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_lcap8%Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:01 pm

And why do you think Barca are in the financial shape they are? It is a bit of incompetence management and lot of Messi’s greed for annual blackmail demand for increased salary. Him and family and fanboys saying he was screwed by Barca is hypocritical!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation - Page 34 Empty Re: Lionel Messi Transfer Speculation

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:09 pm

You can never fault a person for getting paid at their market value.  That's how it should be.

Nobody held Barca's management at gunpoint.  If they couldn't afford to pay Messi, then they should have said no.  It's not blackmail by Messi since Barca could say no... it's leverage.   Good on him.

Messi didn't want the same situation then when he left for PSG.  Namely, a bunch of contingent promises that, in the end, didn't happen.  He had to then scramble to sign with PSG.  

My sense is that he doesn't trust Barca's promises and would rather take the sure thing.  I get it.

He plays football professionally.  It's not a hobby.  So it's normal the he wants to get paid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:11 pm

Rosell, Bartomeu and the socios who voted them in have the lions share of the blame. If your employer comes to you, offers you a bucket load of money, would you respond with "are you sure you can afford this?". It's ridiculous. Not to mention Messi was far from the only player making far more than he ought to have.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:03 pm

For sure the previous management was to blame, but they didn’t offer those annual increases to Messi, it was his constant demands for more!

Him having leverage is abuse of that power. Tell me any business that would pay 70% of it’s income to one, be it valuable, employee? That is where the incompetence comes in. Compare that approach to Perez’s with CRonaldo!

As to Sports’ comment about that was the market price, it was only those two in that bracket and it was inflated because of the greed of both of them. The PSG alternative only became available in that last year and noone else was willing to pay that price. And for Barca it was too late as they were already bankrupt.

And to BC, the others, although overpaid were not even close to getting what Messi was!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:39 pm

sportsczy wrote:You can never fault a person for getting paid at their market value.  That's how it should be.

Nobody held Barca's management at gunpoint.  If they couldn't afford to pay Messi, then they should have said no.  It's not blackmail by Messi since Barca could say no... it's leverage.   Good on him.

Yep. Thats what I dont get. Messi never threatened to leave and I'm sure he never though about it for a second. It wasn't like he'd accept a higher offer from another club just because he didnt get a raise every year... This is all on the management for running an unsustainable business model
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:34 pm

Messi is getting ripped to pieces by the stories now being shared:

-  Some days, he just didn't feel like training.  So he would just get up and go.  No word to teammates, coaches, etc.  He'd just leave the pitch and go home.
-  He kept complaining about morning training sessions and that he didn't want to do them.  The norm is football training in the morning and physical training in the afternoon...   or vice versa.  He didn't do physical training so he wanted football training the afternoon so he could get the morning off.

In short, he was a prima dona.  A polite and quiet one thankfully unlike Neymar and others...   but still wanted special treatment.

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/ligue-1/psg-il-ne-voulait-pas-s-entrainer-le-matin-rothen-en-dit-plus-sur-les-demandes-de-messi-cette-saison_AP-202306080888.html
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:40 pm

He reached the point where he could make his own rules tbf
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:44 pm

He wasn't playing for free or at a discount. In short, he was a shit professional at PSG.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:58 pm

... as expected

Btw not a stain on his image. It's funny that he was unprofessional at PSG
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:29 pm

Wonder whats the referring is like in MLS as well, if its loose then it should be a walk in the park for him? Razz Beckham needs to being in some WC teammates for him to play with though otherwise may see him frustrated or trying to do it on his own... also would need teammates who work hard to cover his non defending as well often Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:43 pm

MLS is a retirement liga. At best it is 2nd level European futbol. It has been that way all the way to Beckenhauer! There are a handful of retiring past European stars, at most 2 players like that per team. Most teams have zero or one. So if you are expecting Beckham to sign a bunch of Messi’s friends, it would push the entire financial model similar to what was done at Barcelona.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:30 pm

Basically in his interview he said that he suffered every day for the last 2 years except for one month of the WC. Fantastic press for PSG Laughing

A club which gives Mbappe emperor-like powers deserves zero respect!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:41 pm

He suffered because Galtier wouldn't give him special privileges, which he was used to at Barca.

His biggest beef was having to train in the am. He said "I cried when I couldn't take my children to school."

Training was at 10am btw. Not sure why he couldn't take them to school. I sense bs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:59 am

sportsczy wrote:He suffered because Galtier wouldn't give him special privileges, which he was used to at Barca.

His biggest beef was having to train in the am. He said "I cried when I couldn't take my children to school."

Training was at 10am btw. Not sure why he couldn't take them to school. I sense bs.

Probably the type of guy who sleeps until 11 AM or something like that Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:03 am

he's just like me fr
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:15 am

Training time is actually an interesting topic between some coaches.

Some prefer it in the early mornings while other prefer it more in the afternoon. I remember there being an interesting interview from Cesc where he talks about Sarri's training times. I'll look for it when I get the chance.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Barca used to run their training sessions later in the day too. I also remember Messi saying he used to drive his kids to school at Barcelona. Though 10am should be enough time to drop them off then go to training. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34