BarrileteCosmico
Thimmy
Myesyats
El Gunner
Babun
36 posters

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 21 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Warrior Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:35 am

Wait 2 people got stabbed for this :facepalm:

I can't even... my cynism-O-meter has officially exploded (again)

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 21 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Babun Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:12 am

elitedam wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Not prison related but somthing similar happened last week or so

Did it really happen though?

https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/07/wi-spa-la-transphobic-protest.html

A Karen again.. well, the police will show.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:30 pm

Great rebranding

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 21 36741210
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:01 pm

care to explain what is that about?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:11 pm

Cleveland's pro baseball team (formerly the Indians) rebranded following backlash at using a Native American mascot and branding.

The same is happening with the Washington DC pro football team (formerly the Redkins). They're currently known as the Washington Football team until their rebranding occurs.

A lot of American sports teams have Native American mascots and branding (think: Atlanta Braves, Chicago Blackhawks, Kansas City Chiefs, Florida State Seminoles, Central Michigan Chippewas, Utah Utes, etc.)

KAA Gent of the Belgian league actually (and bizarrely) has a Native American as its logo. It was inspired by Wild West legend Buffalo Bill, who had Native Americans (famous ones like Sitting Bull) in his travelling circus, which toured Europe around the turn of the 20th century. KAA's nickname, to this day, is The Buffaloes, as a result along with adopting a NA chief as their logo.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:55 am

Taking away the Redskins name is the best thing for the team.

The name "Washington Football club" + the branding of the single W is sleek, sounds great, and classy. I fuckin love it, but I have no clue what gridiron fans think
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:09 am

I'd say Indians is worse than redskins for simply having this mascot/logo

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 21 1200px-Cleveland_Indians_logo.svg

Absolutely wild stuff that it had to take until this year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:31 am

Except actual American Indians don't give a shit (I know a couple). Only people who actually aren't the victims think this was something worthy of concern and action (usually white people).

They would prefer attention and action around someone like the Dakota Access Pipeline or similar projects.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:37 am

I liked the chief Wahoo logo as a kid. Was a just an amerindian guy smiling. But there is a racist history behind which obviously i learned much later, they remove it fair enough

Washington Football Club is an awful name, ironically this isn't soccer they're playing. Rename it the Tanks and keep the same colors is my suggestion. For the logo they should get their inspiration on twitter contest. Every time a rebranding occurs, you see in the comments a fan who did a better job Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:39 am

sportsczy wrote:Except actual American Indians don't give a shit (I know a couple). Only people who actually aren't the victims think this was something worthy of concern and action (usually white people).

They would prefer attention and action around someone like the Dakota Access Pipeline or similar projects.

Polling repeatedly backs this up. Native Americans don't care. I still like the change away from the Redskins though, for the aforementioned reasons.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:59 am

The minnesota vikings better change their shit soon or Norwegian people will come and they will be pissed @Thimmy
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:53 pm

For the Redskins, it's FedEx who forced the move. They threatened to remove sponsorship. Strange because they did not have a problem when they signed the contract. It's not in 2020 we discovered red skin is somehow offensive to amerindians.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:Except actual American Indians don't give a shit (I know a couple).  Only people who actually aren't the victims think this was something worthy of concern and action (usually white people).

I agree. I think there's room for both substantive changes like that and changes like this one. Both are the right thing to do. They are not mutually exclusive.

Myesyats wrote:The minnesota vikings better change their shit soon or Norwegian people will come and they will be pissed @Thimmy

Swedes and Danes as well. Minnesota's a hodge-podge of Scandinavians.

Warrior wrote:For the Redskins, it's FedEx who forced the move. They threatened to remove sponsorship. Strange because they did not have a problem when they signed the contract. It's not in 2020 we discovered red skin is somehow offensive to amerindians.

Capitalism drives every decision made at this level. Money really does talk.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:35 pm

The new He-Man series on Netflix, have a look at the teaser:

What it ended up in the end (MASSIVE SPOILERS, don't watch if you want to enjoy the series):

Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:41 pm

I have no idea what this He-man is but I'm wondering why the SJW movement is taking over already existing stories and modifying them instead of simply making their own. The thing is they dont want their shit, they want our shit.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:39 pm

This woman is utterly miserable Laughing and clearly needs help.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:29 am

I vaguely remember He-man. I remember that the bad guy and main rival to the protagonist was named Skeletor, and I remember there being very clear, old-fashioned portrayals of women and men - with men being tall and bulky, and women having hourglass figures, stupidly big breasts and a distinctively feminine appearance. It became a cult hit, and has been referenced on shows like,
South Park:
exactly due to these exaggerated masculine and feminine portrayals.

I'm not a fan of the show, so I don't care what they do with it, but it's understandable that the actual fans care, as the decision to make the women appear more masculine, takes away from what stood out to me as a very distinctive and iconic part of the show.

One could argue that it's dated, cheesy, or even wrong for portraying women as stereotypical, weak and overly sexualized, damsels in distress, but that was part of the show's charm. The best course of action from the point of view of a feminist who cares, would've been to ignore it's existence beyond discussing it, and treat it as a thing of the past, but no, sir... gotta "fix it" and bring it back Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:20 am

Dr. Who is going to become female of colour (Michaela Coel):
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9839723/Jodie-Whittaker-confirms-leaving-Doctor-bow-2022.html

Well, dailymail is full of rightwing retards. Dr Who is one of the shows where the gender doesn"t matter, there's no woke elements. Interestingly enough, I'm of the opinion Michaela Coel is a MUCH better actress than boring, bland Jodie Whittaker. For a change, we might get a good deal by BBC trying to be inclusive Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:36 pm

Yeah honestly Doctor Who changes all the time, I don't care if (s)he (fuck, even they) is/are an old white male, or a black lesbian, just write good stories and everything is fine. It's Doctor Who. Who gives a shit.

I will say though, while I am generally pro inclusivity, I find it odd that the people of colour that end up being inserted into existing properties always replace the redheads.
What is this redhead discrimination?

Justice for Triss and Ariel.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:17 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Yeah honestly Doctor Who changes all the time, I don't care if (s)he (fuck, even they) is/are an old white male, or a black lesbian, just write good stories and everything is fine. It's Doctor Who. Who gives a shit.

I will say though, while I am generally pro inclusivity, I find it odd that the people of colour that end up being inserted into existing properties always replace the redheads.
What is this redhead discrimination?

Justice for Triss and Ariel.

Redheads are a minority, their lobby isn't strong enough to protest but they still fall under the category of 'white' for the 'progressive' racists.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:44 pm

The abuse redheads have received over the years is immeasurable and it's totally fine !
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:25 pm

Myesyats wrote:I have no idea what this He-man is but I'm wondering why the SJW movement is taking over already existing stories and modifying them instead of simply making their own. The thing is they dont want their shit, they want our shit.

I think that's just capitalism tbh. 6 years ago this trend was the same except it was taking existing IP's and making them all-female.

To me it's lazy, but people also don't have a problem with making 1 billion of the same films with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson or making 10 sequels too many to any given series that has initial success, or spawning an uncountable number of Marvel movies...and I find all of those kinda lazy too, except maybe the Marvel movies, but I just don't like those.

It's just that known IP's being remade with different characters tends to sell more than original shit. Whether that's all female or remaking it with more LGBTQ characters or more black and Latin characters, it doesn't matter. Hollywood gonna Hollywood because it's a money making business.

In principle I agree with you especially because original films featuring more diverse casts and stories tend to be great. But it's easier to just remake things.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:17 am

Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:20 pm

Babun wrote:

The top comment perfectly describes my feeling about Bill Maher and his outdated show, his audience, which mostly consists of boomers and middle aged whites, don't have enough brain cells in them to recognize sarcasm or know when to clap.

Only morons think he's actually smart, intellectually he's no better than your typical conservatives likes Ben Shapiro.

Also imagine defending a bully, does this guy intentionally tries to sound like an asshole or he's really one?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:16 pm

Pedram wrote:
Babun wrote:

The top comment perfectly describes my feeling about Bill Maher and his outdated show, his audience, which mostly consists of boomers and middle aged whites, don't have enough brain cells in them to recognize sarcasm or know when to clap.

Only morons think he's actually smart, intellectually he's no better than your typical conservatives likes Ben Shapiro.

Also imagine defending a bully, does this guy intentionally tries to sound like an asshole or he's really one?

He is a democrat, a liberal. Question, can you point out anything in this video which was wrong?
Basically, your whole comment is a personal attack against him. Where is the content?

I agree with you about the sarcasm part but I think the issue isn't exclusivly white. People in general have become ignorant to humor/sarcasm.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:11 pm

can we pls stop using labels such as "democrat" "liberal" "republican" "conservative" and act like they still mean anything and that there are strict boundaries and distinctions between them
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next