BarrileteCosmico
Thimmy
Myesyats
El Gunner
Babun
36 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 24 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Warrior Wed May 31, 2023 11:39 pm

Rape and pedophilia should be life sentence. In theory should be death penalty for such soulless act but there is always this risk of killing an innocent, while you can at least be compensated for wrongful conviction. What matters is to remove those people from society ASAP

About the swedish study posted above and similar things i read about other countries, my understanding is that refugees from Africa and Asia are more likely to commit rape than any other group. What i think has big influence is the women rights in their country/culture are far below swedish standards. As example when it comes to second generation of immigration born and raised in Sweden the % of rapists is quite low if not proportional.

The over representation is a very bad look but the entire community is not responsible for this, by all logic if you have a huge influx of people from whatever country there is also a decent influx of criminals that comes with it.

Well i hope the laxist justice is due to Sweden becoming soft as you said and soon they wake up. Hope it's not some bs manoeuver to avoid discussions regarding immigration Laughing as if the average joe from Africa and Asia would want rapists to get a free pass anyways

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics - Page 24 Empty Re: Political Correctness, LGBTQ, #meToo and other related topics

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:45 am

Found wrote:I think most of Sweden is normal as before and life goes on as usual.

This pretty much sums up my impression of the situation in Sweden, but the areas that have been negatively affected by immigrant crime and riots have reached absolutely absurd levels of conflict and tension over the past decade or so.

Local politicians, like Lotta Hansson who don't actually live anywhere near the no-go zones have been trying to defuse the negative attention that those areas have gotten by suggesting that it's all been blown out of proportion or that it's not as bad as some people make it out to be, but I've seen first hand how bad it's been. I used to have a friend who lived in Rosengård, Malmö, and he was forced to move after months of putting up with rape attempts on his girlfriend, stabbing attempts outside of his apartment, and cars being set on fire every week. He got used to the sight of Molotov Cocktails being thrown around the parking lot near his apartment complex.

I've only visited him there once, which was almost 10 years ago now, so I'm not sure what the current state of the place is, but it used to be so bad there that police didn't even dare to enter those zones. Hence, why they're called "no-go zones". I travel to Sweden about once every other month, and it's usually to Stockholm, Gothenburg or just across the border for some shopping, and it's largely peaceful in those cities. But I do think it's quite surreal how bad the most crime affected areas were. Sweden are extremely politically progressive, but I would never have imagined that things would get so out of hand there.

In other Swedish news, I recently read that Swedish movies will now be marked with an "A" symbol to indicate that there are at least 2 female main characters in them. Small step for humanity, giant leap for womenkind cheers
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:14 am

Warrior wrote:
What i think has big influence is the women rights in their country/culture are far below swedish standards. As example when it comes to second generation of immigration born and raised in Sweden the % of rapists is quite low if not proportional.

The over representation is a very bad look but the entire community is not responsible for this, by all logic if you have a huge influx of people from whatever country there is also a decent influx of criminals that comes with it.

Yeah, it's not "immigrants" that are the problem. I'm not sure how to put this, but I really don't think the progressive, political stances of the northern countries mesh that well with immigration. A perfect example of this is how (Sweden and Norway, at least), always seem to accept larger bulks of immigrants than we can provide housing and general sustenance for on a short notice. Such a situation doesn't benefit anyone involved, but we do it anyway. I think I've mentioned this on here before, but the number one reason for crime in the world, is when individuals or a group of people are made to feel isolated or alienated from their society for whatever reason.

Norway is also a very progressive country, and we've had a lot of issues with our attempts to help immigrants adapt to our culture and society. I could write a book about how backwards and counter-productive our handling of immigration is in certain areas of the process, and it's ironically all in the name of having a progressive and open-minded approach to these things.

We handle everything immigration-related with silk gloves, which might seem like a kind and respectable thing to do on the surface, but it's also an effective way of saying "you're different, so we will treat you differently". That's my view on it, at least. We also had issues with immigrants being represented in the greater bulk of rape cases here a few years back, and the government's response to it was to implement rape awareness courses into our mandatory, cultural integration courses for immigrants lol.

I know I posted a video from that course with subtitles on here somewhere. It's hilarious. One of the attendees was asked what he thought about the course, and his response was that he had to show up in order to be eligible to receive welfare checks Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:21 pm

Thimmy wrote:In other Swedish news, I recently read that Swedish movies will now be marked with an "A" symbol to indicate that there are at least 2 female main characters in them. Small step for humanity, giant leap for womenkind cheers

Whaaaat? What is that for?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:55 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Thimmy wrote:In other Swedish news, I recently read that Swedish movies will now be marked with an "A" symbol to indicate that there are at least 2 female main characters in them. Small step for humanity, giant leap for womenkind cheers

Whaaaat? What is that for?

Like, what function does it have? My best guess is that it's a badge of pride for the producer of the movie, if they're someone who really cares about gender equality. It might attract viewers who care about that stuff as well. Some people have weird priorities, these days. I still can't get over the fact that the city I live in spent a ton of money on changing the word for nurse to a more gender neutral word in all written and electronic documents/labels here. It's almost as if we have no actual issues to worry about hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:29 pm

Thimmy wrote:My best guess is that it's a badge of pride for the producer of the movie, if they're someone who really cares about gender equality

The problem with today's cinema is this is what producers care about primarily rather than the actual quality of the movie Laughing

The movie will proudly wear the Scarlet Letter to champion equality.
And the S letter to account for shit quality of the movie.

Success, as far as I'm concerned!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:16 pm

We are back :bow:

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:28 pm

She looks better in semi-professional attire, than in kindergarten auntie attire hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:25 pm

what's the catch here? is she trans?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:17 pm

Nah she's a perfect queen, there is no catch
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:02 pm

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2023-black-lives-matter-equal-opportunity-corporate-diversity/

Thoughts @McLewis?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:32 pm

I think the way the stats are presented in this article is kind of misleading because it only takes into account the headcount which isnt really represantative.

I would assume the trend is upward for non-whites but definitely not 94%, seems to me like the stats dont account for the actual employee turnover.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:30 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2023-black-lives-matter-equal-opportunity-corporate-diversity/

Thoughts @McLewis?

My initial thought is that anything that particular Twitter account is peddling is often in bad faith.

My additional thought is that this chart is uselesss without context. What positions saw more people of color hired? How did this impact the overall median income for people of color in terms of economic inequality between minorities and the majority? These are the questions this stupid ass account can't and won't answer because it doesn't actually care. It's all about the culture war for them.

There are so many variables missing here that would truly represent whether this is progress or just the perception of progress.

As it stands, this is an attempted gotcha.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:48 pm

This post reminds me of the shit that was vex me when I was less informed.

The account is a gotcha account and heavily popular republican one. And as mentioned republic side of things are vastly in bad faith and bank on outrage culture and have a talent for narrowing down statistics for views.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:04 pm

@McLewis and @Arq if you guys read the Bloomberg article which this graphic is based on, you would find your answers to all those questions...

unless Bloomberg is also a republican propaganda machine
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:50 pm

El Gunner wrote:@McLewis and @Arq if you guys read the Bloomberg article which this graphic is based on, you would find your answers to all those questions...

I don't know what agenda Bloomberg have but they are being disingenuous.

Lets say you have a growing  company and 20 whites retire, 21 whites are hired and 19 non-whites are hired = the growth is 95% non white.

Suppose many whites are nearing retirement and also POC have high unemployment comparatively,  then as total employment grows you should expect the incremental growth to tilt disproportionately towards non-whites.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:50 pm

El Gunner wrote:@McLewis and @Arq if you guys read the Bloomberg article which this graphic is based on, you would find your answers to all those questions...

I skimmed the article.

That said, here's the biggest takeaway that really makes this all one big "gotcha" and definitely a bad faith argument from that EndWokeness account:

White people still hold a disproportionate share of the top, highly paid jobs in the US at S&P 100 companies. But the share of executive, managerial and professional roles held by people of color increased by about 2 percentage points compared with 2020 — more than double the average annual gains at big and mid-sized US companies in previous years.

So there was a lot of DEI activity in the lower ranks at many of these companies, but the actual positions of power, wealth and influence? Virtually nothing changed. But white folks who are purposely using this as a culture war salvo don't want to talk about that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:54 pm

@Myesyats
you're just presuming and making up stuff because that's not what is said in the article... but let's suppose all of that may be true... the fact remains 94% of the new jobs created still went to POC despite them being a minority in the country... i just feel like it shouldn't be that way, it doesn't sound right just by hearing it
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:56 pm

McLewis wrote:

I skimmed the article.

That said, here's the biggest takeaway that really makes this all one big "gotcha" and definitely a bad faith argument from that EndWokeness account:

White people still hold a disproportionate share of the top, highly paid jobs in the US at S&P 100 companies. But the share of executive, managerial and professional roles held by people of color increased by about 2 percentage points compared with 2020 — more than double the average annual gains at big and mid-sized US companies in previous years.

So there was a lot of DEI activity in the lower ranks at many of these companies, but the actual positions of power, wealth and influence? Virtually nothing changed. But white folks who are purposely using this as a culture war salvo don't want to talk about that.

so what about the many white people coming from low and middle income backgrounds that want to break into the job market... so just fuck 'em?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:00 pm

El Gunner wrote:
McLewis wrote:

I skimmed the article.

so what about the many white people coming from low and middle income backgrounds that want to break into the job market... so just fuck 'em?

That's a question you should be asking the ones with actual power, wealth and influence. The ones who control this rat race. I guarantee you that they are not Black and they don't give a shit about low/middle income people of any color. They care only about what keeps them where they are and what will take them higher.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:53 pm

fair enough... but don't say the EndWokeness account doesn't make a fair point with this one
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:07 pm

It's still skewed in bad faith though.

No, people of minority deserve fuck all above white people just by their race or ethnicity i dont care who hates this statement as meritocracy is supreme but a lot of those types of account from twitter generally post this stuff for the views, without account for variable.s
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:48 pm

El Gunner wrote:fair enough... but don't say the EndWokeness account doesn't make a fair point with this one

They used a (seemingly) solid article to make a bad faith argument that DEI is the harbinger of some sort of white genocide when the reality is that it's a miniscule start at levelling the playing field.

Their point is as far from fair as can be.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:53 pm

when will we know the playing field has been levelled? will it ever be levelled? will there ever be true "equity" and "equality"? or just ever continuous culture wars?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:12 pm

when will it end Robbie???
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:49 pm

El Gunner wrote:when will we know the playing field has been levelled? will it ever be levelled? will there ever be true "equity" and "equality"? or just ever continuous culture wars?

I believe the playing field will be level when this country chooses to truly reckon with the racism of its past and then chooses to take actions using that new found recognition, which will cause pain of various magnitudes and forms to those who are unaccustomed to feeling it because they've wrapped themselves in a white-washed bubble wrap.

However, I'm cynical enough to know that the playing field will never be truly level. There are too many forces aligned to ensure that never happens.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24