RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:42 pm

Boris Johnson has been admitted to hospital for tests as his coronavirus symptoms persist, Downing Street has said.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/05/boris-johnson-admitted-to-hospital-with-coronavirus

Fingers crossed..

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:46 pm

don't wish death on the man but find it ironic that his life is in the hands of the NHS when he and his party and done nothing but cut funding and gut it for years and years

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:47 pm

I do though and why not. It would fucking make my year
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:49 pm

Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:07 pm

"The best at murder are those who preach against it...and the best at hate are those who preach love...and the best at war, finally, are those who preach peace." - Charles Bukowski

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 6149077811750529
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:09 pm

Bukowski would have found Boris dying from Corona to be fucking hilarious too so that's a dumb choice of a quote

but hey, chances are that someone I love will die from this, rather than the Ramsey Bolton of Europe, and my year won't be made after all, and you can post some similarly ill-used quote about Karma
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:16 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Bukowski would have found Boris dying from Corona to be fucking hilarious too so that's a dumb choice of a quote

but hey, chances are that someone I love will die from this rather, than the Ramsey Bolton of Europe, and my year won't be made after all, and you can post some dumb and similarly ill-conceived quote about Karma

Bukowski was a nihilist, he'd love all celebrity and famous deaths...I've been drinking lots more beers lately since i started listening to him again..the fucker...I would too to some extent, and I don't care about Boris. it was just the quote old man...cheer up. you well know there is only one European politician I can fully get behind of and approve it.

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 F0ffe5c6a0b14a989a8b0c63466286c7

but the quote was just fitting, because you always preach love and tolerance and utopian life...yet got a boner at this news of a man potentially dying.  Twisted Evil

It's like when some certain posters cry about racism....if Bukowski was alive today: "and those who cry racism, are the most racist themselves."

Last edited by Zagadka on Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:20 pm

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 5841f2487abd252068a27f723dd10d14
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:20 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Boris Johnson has been admitted to hospital for tests as his coronavirus symptoms persist, Downing Street has said.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/05/boris-johnson-admitted-to-hospital-with-coronavirus

Fingers crossed..

So who takes over when Prime Minister dies? I'm not familiar with UK's line of succession.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:21 pm

Finally a politician who walks the talk
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:23 pm

Pedram wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Fingers crossed..

So who takes over when Prime Minister dies? I'm not familiar with UK's line of succession.

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 Ahmad_Jannati
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:27 pm

Pedram wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Fingers crossed..

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 Alan_p10
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:33 pm

i would like to submit my vote for new British PM

https://thefader-res.cloudinary.com/private_images/w_1800,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto:best/Big_Shaq_-_Press_Shot_2_gifakp/comedian-michael-dapaah-in-character-as-big-shaq.jpg
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:35 pm

Zagadka wrote:
Pedram wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Fingers crossed..

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 Ahmad_Jannati

If Coronavirus doesn't take this guy off I'm going to lose my shit. Laughing

For guys who don't get the refrence, this guy's eventual death is a running joke in Iran. he's gonna survive the apocalypse and outlast us all at this rate.

Last edited by Pedram on Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:36 pm

Warrior wrote:
Pedram wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Fingers crossed..

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 37 Alan_p10

LOOOOL
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:36 pm

France with its regular lesser reporting on Sunday, expect to rocket again on Monday evening.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:37 pm

Zagadka wrote:At what point can have a discussion when these national quarantines can be eased or end gradually?

I am wondering how long can governments absorb this shutdown. 2 months is way too long imo. I think the world will just give up at the end with a major UN video call session and open all borders with regular life.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:03 pm

For the curious:

In the event Johnson would no longer be able to be PM, the Queen would ask the current government to form a new one.

So basically the Tories elect a new leader, which is how Johnson became PM in the first place.

We've gone from Cameron to May to Johnson because of resignations.

As I understabd it, Dominic Raab or Michael Gove would be de-facto PM until it would be officially sorted.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:33 am

Jay29 wrote:For the curious:

In the event Johnson would no longer be able to be PM, the Queen would ask the current government to form a new one.

So basically the Tories elect a new leader, which is how Johnson became PM in the first place.

We've gone from Cameron to May to Johnson because of resignations.

As I understabd it, Dominic Raab or Michael Gove would be de-facto PM until it would be officially sorted.

And that would take 5 elections in 2 years given recent history....
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:56 am

I don't like BJ but every country needs its true leader during the crisis. As sad as it sounds the majourity is behind him so be it. Get better BJ!

Meanwhile:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8189973/Tiger-named-Nadia-tests-positive-coronavirus-Bronx-Zoo-developed-dry-cough.html#reader-comments

We should avoid tigers by at least 2m  eco smile

Ah, numbers in Italy, Spain and Germany are looking better. I'm not sure about France because of lagged reporting, hope they get it done at last.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:21 pm

Corona is picking up the pace in Bangladesh. Both the reported infection (123) and deaths (12) have doubled in last 48 hours.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Spanish officials say they plan to widen coronavirus testing to include those without symptoms.

135,000 with confirmed symptoms, who knows the number of people still spreading it without the symptoms, how are we so unprepared lmao
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Nishankly wrote:
135,000 with confirmed symptoms, who knows the number of people still spreading it without the symptoms, how are we so unprepared lmao

But that is what the curfew stuff, social distancing, closure of all kinds of institutions and places where people normally meet, all those measure, are for, isn't it?
To deal with the fact that we can't POSSIBLY know who all the infected people are if there's infection without symptoms, and if testing is too laborious to just test everyone.

How are you so puzzled about that?

How could you possibly prepare for that?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

But that is what the curfew stuff, social distancing, closure of all kinds of institutions and places where people normally meet, all those measure, are for, isn't it?
To deal with the fact that we can't POSSIBLY know who all the infected people are if there's infection without symptoms, and if testing is too laborious to just test everyone.

How are you so puzzled about that?

How could you possibly prepare for that?

You can but it would mean that countries would learn from Swine flu and SARS outbreak. We've had no "proper" pandemic since the early 1900s and these small outbreaks were still enough to pull down economies.

I know its all talk and probably unrealistic but I still feel countries should further encourage medicine ( I think it was about 170 vs 3300 in the US for medicine vs engineering schools) and have more hospitals and their staff, ICU beds, ventilators, government quarantine facilities, balls to shutdown international flights early during outbreaks.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:19 pm

idk I am just not enjoying this crap as much as anyone
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:23 pm

Unique please stop setting 5G towers on fire, they have nothing to do with Coronavirus ffs.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next