Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+25
danyjr
futbol_bill
The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
Zagadka
Art Morte
FennecFox7
RealGunner
Adit
rincon
VivaStPauli
Mamad
elitedam
futbol
CBarca
Vibe
Unique
Hapless_Hans
McLewis
Myesyats
Pedram
Blue
Young Kaz
Freeza
BarrileteCosmico
29 posters

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 28 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Warrior Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:15 pm

He posted often last year, i think he had another account a long time ago, before i subscribe here myself

Can't remember what he preached, it was mostly focused on self-development, which i believe is a trend followed by wankers, more or less

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 28 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:33 pm

Dom is a good dude. Self-improvement is not weird at all. I think it's great personally.

Also for this thread, I'm not entirely sure it's needed since we now have our (presumptive) nominee.

Any last thoughts before I lock this up?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:58 pm

Ah of course Dom just did not remember the username changes. Great soul and always will cherish our conversations. I wish him all the best.

Last thoughts are is that communism is a load of cack and follow the capitalist way to free yourself of any burden and unlock true freedom. Molenation
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:26 am

@McLewis... I wouldn't lock this yet. The VP choice is really key since Biden will likely need a drool cup sometime during his presidency, if he becomes president.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:21 am

I think it's time to consolidate down to 1 US election thread. The Trump thread can serve both purposes now that we know Biden is his opponent now.

I'll leave this open for another 12 hours and then I'll lock it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:44 am

Pedram wrote:Capitalism has not been around since the beginning of time, it took shape in the 16th century after the decline of feudalism (landlords losing status) and the merchant class gaining power, before that there was a prototype form of capitalism which was called mercantilism, opposition to free trade (a central tenet of modern day capitalism) and the state protecting its merchants.

In fact, this current version of capitalism, with the financial industry decending onto and attaching itself to every single other mode of economy by means of quite literally buying the political elites and streamlining the formation of ideology into policy,  has been around basically since Thatcher and Ronald Reagan.
The elements were there before, but not quite in this hierarchy.
And probaby that version has already been substantially transformed again with digitalization and its impact

To say that "capitalism" has "always been around" and hence always will is a lazy thought.
It can already be debunked with the simple observation that capitalism, on the current path it's set us, will make sure there won't be a livable planet around for a future that's anywhere close to "always".

Anyway, I'm rooting for El G in this discussion. Thumbs up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:47 am

Arquitecto wrote:There is always quirky comfort the ones who preach subjective forms of theory or philosophy to perspective given you cannot reason with it.

Thus it evolves into a "you just don't know yet" kind of trade-off with the goalposts shifting included.

but my friend, in essence, at its root, every thought/theory is a subjective philosophy. Given this post and others as well, i think you understand me best here.

but im here to tell you that you are wrong if you think i shift goalposts.

It's difficult to convey my thought processes and my vision to someone through language i have found i'll admit that. The type of Truth and insight i try to offer is best discovered and then felt on one's own. But i am genuinely afraid that remarks made by Blue and Pedram (about where one reaches a certain stage in life, example, once you receive your paycheck and so on, you just become further blinded by our current system)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:20 pm

Dom is doing good btw from the looks of things, he found another community online that's all about developing their own community based on understanding the inner-self... he also meets up with them in person every now and then
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:42 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:There is always quirky comfort the ones who preach subjective forms of theory or philosophy to perspective given you cannot reason with it.

Thus it evolves into a "you just don't know yet" kind of trade-off with the goalposts shifting included.

but my friend, in essence, at its root, every thought/theory is a subjective philosophy. Given this post and others as well, i think you understand me best here.

but im here to tell you that you are wrong if you think i shift goalposts.

It's difficult to convey my thought processes and my vision to someone through language i have found i'll admit that. The type of Truth and insight i try to offer is best discovered and then felt on one's own. But i am genuinely afraid that remarks made by Blue and Pedram (about where one reaches a certain stage in life, example, once you receive your paycheck and so on, you just become further blinded by our current system)

No no my quoted comment isn't directed to you or anyone in particular but of a specific type who believe in things relating to the idiosyncratic hypotheticals but run into problems when debating them via reason.

I don't even believe in living paycheck to paycheck. Dreading mondays and living for the weekend. My ideal in capitalism is in the enterprise.

Job working and the commute involved with it is soul-sucking though some are indeed fine being told what to do and living within a certain parameter and that is fine, I suppose.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:57 pm

The volleyball guy, very nice dude.

I remember he had some personal struggles and worked really hard to overcome, nothing but respect for him.

Sure, most self-improvement preachers are cocks, but Dom really just wanted to get over some stuff and come out a better man.

I don't remember him posting as Black Sheep though.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:44 pm

He came back as the Black Sheep posting some intense threads about spiritual enlightenment and other ill-defined superficial concepts. Then when people asked him about the stuff he just got dismissive. Like El G but with less personal attacks. Seemed like a nice guy that was just dealing with some stuff.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:49 pm

rincon wrote:Like El G but with less personal attacks.

Laughing

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:11 pm

Locking this thread guys. Let's continue the discussion over in the thread Hans created.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28