El Gunner
Unique
McLewis
39 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:36 am

Myesyats wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/31/japan-racism-survey-reveals-one-in-three-foreigners-experience-discrimination

Japan racism survey reveals one in three foreigners experience discrimination

It's not my opinion, okay? Can you read? I've heard Korean, Vietnamese, Laotian, Filipino people say that about themselves and neighboring countries.

Also, Japan sounds pretty damn racist.

What number of foreigners would say the same for Poland? hmm

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:47 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/31/japan-racism-survey-reveals-one-in-three-foreigners-experience-discrimination

Japan racism survey reveals one in three foreigners experience discrimination

It's not my opinion, okay? Can you read? I've heard Korean, Vietnamese, Laotian, Filipino people say that about themselves and neighboring countries.

Also, Japan sounds pretty damn racist.

What number of foreigners would say the same for Poland? hmm

idk ask Sepi, he actually lives here and he'd disagree I believe hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:16 am

Myesyats wrote:http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/most-racist-countries/

According to the findings of this research-based inquiry, the most racist country on Earth is India, followed by Lebanon, Bahrain, Libya, and Egypt. (Japan is up there)

It may shock you but white countries aren't the most racist ones. Of course, believe what you want to believe....

As I explained earlier and as it is said over here:

Approximately 43.6% of all Indian people who took the survey said that they would not be comfortable with neighbors who were of different cultures, ethnicities, or races than themselves. A heightened percentage of 64.3% of the participants from India also reported that they were either discriminated against or witnessed discrimination unfold in their home country.

As you see, India is beyond anyone's wildest imagination.

Discrimination is very petty here usually, its mostly about accent or food. Most of it is always casual.

Also

Unlike countries like the United States that are founded on the basic principle of cultural differences and a mixing pot, if you will, India is home to people originally from the country -- as opposed to having a population comprised of immigrants who moved to the country from elsewhere later on in their lives.

Also untrue, India was 200 kingdoms before the British came. There were still 5-6 kingdoms when the British left. British used the tactic of "Divide and conquer". They pit each kingdom against each other on differences and took over. The unified goal of beating the British brought these various kingdoms together and now we have "India" home to 1600 languages, different looking people, no idea how many religions. A country younger than someone's grandad.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:21 am

Myesyats wrote:http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/most-racist-countries/

According to the findings of this research-based inquiry, the most racist country on Earth is India, followed by Lebanon, Bahrain, Libya, and Egypt. (Japan is up there)

It may shock you but white countries aren't the most racist ones. Of course, believe what you want to believe....

The definition of the question asked firstly is wrong. It says comfortable or not?

In India, vegetarians and non vegetarians don't hang out together man of course everyone is racist.

No one is going to stab for being white in India. They certainly might try to mug you but not any different from New York.

You won't be a white male ostracized at work opportunities in India. People won't change the footpath side through jaywalking if they see you approaching from the other in India. You won't be specially checked at airports and random passport requests at various places in India. People won't target you with racial slurs and symbols in sports since you are a white male in India. You won't be beaten outside a pub in India, you certainly will feel uncomfortable with the number of people trying to make you feel at home and ask you your story.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:22 am

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:58 am

One of the greatest songs of the decade, most people heard it growing up.

https://youtu.be/ewRjZoRtu0Y

No one realize how it's a satire based on how other people treated brown people at that time. rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:41 am

Nishankly wrote:One of the greatest songs of the decade, most people heard it growing up.

No one realize how it's a satire based on how other people treated brown people at that time. rofl
Nishankly wrote:One of the greatest songs of the decade, most people heard it growing up.

Did not know this.

But I never paid any attention to the lyrics of the song.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:25 pm

Nishankly wrote:

Man, that video is super old. I used to subscribe to Reckless Tortuga, back when they made videos of the black guy in the video starring as a deluded, FPS fanatic who kept getting himself into awkward, social situations. The woman in the video is actually one of their two producers.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:09 pm

Nishankly wrote:

The definition of the question asked firstly is wrong. It says comfortable or not?

In India, vegetarians and non vegetarians don't hang out together man of course everyone is racist.

No one is going to stab for being white in India. They certainly might try to mug you but not any different from New York.

You won't be a white male ostracized at work opportunities in India. People won't change the footpath side through jaywalking if they see you approaching from the other in India. You won't be specially checked at airports and random passport requests at various places in India. People won't target you with racial slurs and symbols in sports since you are a white male in India. You won't be beaten outside a pub in India, you certainly will feel uncomfortable with the number of people trying to make you feel at home and ask you your story.

From what I understand the issue in India is more about all the cultures and tongues within the country itself rather than white people from the outside. I'd imagine they see white people as a way to make money more than anything.

I think white people are not discriminated against because they are perceived as the oppressors. Maybe, in this case Indians, feel they are worse than whites. And whites, because of how history turned out, feel they are better. I hope you understand what I mean, don't know how to express that in a better way.

Would that explain why Indians are racist towards other Indians but not whites?

Also I'm more interested in racism between countries like Japan and China, forgetting about white people for a moment.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:29 pm

I'm not sure why this thread is devolving into a racism dick measuring contest (where the object is to have the smallest dick, this time).

I don't think the purpose of this thread was to differentiate which countries are more racist than others. Which is a dumb concept anyway, because at the end of the day, every country has got a helluva lot of racist people.

Canada is seen as such a "nice" country. More progressive than the US, and more polite. Yet we just found out their leader wears blackface so much I'm surprised he doesn't put it on before he goes to bed.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:33 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

From what I understand the issue in India is more about all the cultures and tongues within the country itself rather than white people from the outside. I'd imagine they see white people as a way to make money more than anything.

I think white people are not discriminated against because they are perceived as the oppressors. Maybe, in this case Indians, feel they are worse than whites. And whites, because of how history turned out, feel they are better. I hope you understand what I mean, don't know how to express that in a better way.

Would that explain why Indians are racist towards other Indians but not whites?

Also I'm more interested in racism between countries like Japan and China, forgetting about white people for a moment.

Yes you are correct, Indians have been brainwashed with white color is better and it does not help that a quite a large chunk of our population is fairly light skinned up north amalgamating the superiority complex. All our models, actors, actresses are white AF. Even down south, all women who act are light skinned.

Its true, i will not deny it. I think the best comparison will be to the UK. How someone from Liverpool is made fun of in London because of their accent while Sunderland hates Newcastle and then you have the Scottish and the Welsh and people from Birmingham and so on and so forth. Its all mostly casual and for internal/stereotypical harmless jokes but it can be a cause of concern if you are suffering it in isolation or a greater magnitude. This is exactly what happens in India because all major cities are mixed with people from all forms of life, religion, culture, facial features and skin color.

Coming back to the original point, then yes Indians are racist but they would never be racist in a way that people suffer in the west. The racism is mostly like he's Tamil, he speaks in a weird English accent or he's from North, he's the horniest person alive or he's from the Gujarat, he just eats fast food etc etc

You will not suffer racism if you are white in India. You will have a problem as a female regardless of race which is a different issue all together.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:39 pm

CBarca wrote:I'm not sure why this thread is devolving into a racism dick measuring contest (where the object is to have the smallest dick, this time).

I don't think the purpose of this thread was to differentiate which countries are more racist than others. Which is a dumb concept anyway, because at the end of the day, every country has got a helluva lot of racist people.

Canada is seen as such a "nice" country. More progressive than the US, and more polite. Yet we just found out their leader wears blackface so much I'm surprised he doesn't put it on before he goes to bed.

Its not entirely out of topic. Casual jokes within countries is a form of racism as well. The current discussion is how its not as harmful as what's going on in the rest of the world.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:49 pm

Myesyats wrote:

I’m by no means and expert on the topic, but I know some South Koreans have been known to discriminate against pretty much all, lesser developed nations in Asia. From what I’ve been told, the only consistent exception is Japan. Some Koreans, particularly the older generations, hold a deep grudge against Japan for past offenses during the war, and it’s a relatively shallow, mutual resentment that seems to surface every few years. The most common references are «comfort women» and a dispute over the ownership of a certain island.  But that’s a different topic.

I’ve both experienced and been told about Koreans both openly and more subtly expressing disgust towards perceived inferior nations in Asia. I was quite shocked, myself, when I visited a school where a friend of mine works as an English teacher, and one of the Korean teachers there pointed towards a Filipino colleague in an apparent attempt to get my confirmation after expressing that she was «dirty».

That was a completely surreal experience to me, and I couldn’t think of anything else to do than to ignore her and walk away. Such blatant and fundamental displays of racism makes me extremely uncomfortable. I’ve also been told by other «westerners» living or working in Korea that racism and discrimination is very common there. Even Korean Americans have told me that they sometimes felt discluded from the culture because some people didn’t accept them as «true Koreans. I get the impression that a lot of Koreans aren’t so ignorant and blatantly racist, but I also get the impression that it’s substantially more common and widespread in Korea than in any other country I’ve been to. Controversially, this «black face» phenomenon that was mentioned on here a while back, has apparently been practised relatively frequently by Korean comedians in recent years.

I don’t want to put Koreans in a negative light. A lot of the people I’ve met there have been genuinely humble, kind and honest people, but I get the impression that racism and discrimination is relatively common there. This is an extreme example, but some Koreans clearly think the likes of the Phillipines, Thailand, Vietnam etc are simply poor and dirty nations with poor and dirty people.

This has been confirmed by so many people I’ve talked to, that I don’t even want to know how common it is for people to have such a condescending and discriminative viewpoint there. I’ve heard the suggestion that South Korea wants to compete with the top nations in the world as a famous tourist destination, and if they ever want to get close to achieving that, they’ll have to educate their public on how things work outside the borders of their country. They have a booming exonomy and a high-tech capital city with lots of tourist appeal (save for the smog and god awful sewage system), but «black face» on prime time TV in 2019 is simply unacceptable.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:55 pm

CBarca wrote:I'm not sure why this thread is devolving into a racism dick measuring contest (where the object is to have the smallest dick, this time).

betty wins and you come in a close 2nd eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Nishankly wrote:

Its not entirely out of topic. Casual jokes within countries is a form of racism as well. The current discussion is how its not as harmful as what's going on in the rest of the world.

I think there are varying levels of the discussion.

I'm not saying the whole last page has been a devolution of the topic, I'm saying that I think we should be careful about framing. I think what you refer to is a completely fine topic to discuss.

I would be careful to frame how Indians treat each other as evidence that India is "more" or "less" racist than any other country.

Also, please keep in mind that I'm also not saying that there isn't a hierarchy of racism. Some countries are absolutely less accepting of foreigners or less accepting of people of color than others. Some countries are absolutely more nationalistic in a way that is aggressive towards minorities than others. I'm just unsure if that is a frame of discussion that is helpful or fruitful in any sort of way.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:16 pm

tbh i think my traverler/gypsy community is the most persecuted and hated bunch of people in the uk now. we still have some pubs and clubs with signs on the door saying no traverlers alowed they would never get away with that against any other people. also in out local online news paper any story that involves a story with gypsys will get coments like what do you expect from these people and these people are the scum of the earth and none of them get deleted. the next time i see a story with the comments like that i will post a link and you can see yourself. i would be interested to find out what the other british posters on here think of the traverlers in the uk. but i want the truth from them if they are willing to reply to this. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:18 pm

Gypsies aren’t very popular here either. Their «act» has been exposed multiple times in social media, and yet they have a lot of freedom to roam and beg in public places. They tend to sleep on the benches in the train station, as well as in certain public toilets and it’s been criticised a lot due to how poor hygiene some of them have. Like I’ve mentioned before, I live in a very progressive and open-minded city, but the Rome-community are still frowned upon. They’ve been interviewed by the local press, and their spokesperson says they just want to become integrated and get citizenship, but they’re not making a good case for themselves when they threaten that crime rates will spike if they are to be banned from begging.

Apart from that, most people are aware by now, that they change into dirty rags before they go begging. They don’t even hide it anymore. They have white vans scattered around town, where they sleep at night and quite bluntly change between outfits even when the vans are parked in public areas. I used to think they must be in a quite desperate situation to be begging in the first place, but it’s apparently a surprisingly lucrative hobby considering the good-will and fat pockets of the people who live here who apparently aren’t aware of what they’re doing. They typically fly home or to warmer climates around this time of the year. The last gypsy I talked to wanted me to buy him a packet of smokes Laughing Norway is probably one of the most expensive countries in the world to buy cigarettes in.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:32 pm

Its the same here in Northern France, they refuse to integrate even though some of them want to. They are biggest causes of muggings. I have had 3 friends from University who got mugged by them in the first year. They mostly target English speakers and non French looking people.

What I hate is the fact that they bend the EU human rights rules by using kids to conduct muggings or thefts. My Russian friend has an instance where he was accosted by 7 kids who tried to open his backpack when he was trying to buy a metro ticket in Lille, when he realized his bag was open he pushed a kid, who started crying and went straight to a cop outside. They tried to mug him even though they knew where the Police was. Paris has the same issue albeit they aren't the only ones committing the metro thefts there.

The thing is if a gypsy came to you well dressed and ask for help or directions or conversation, most of us would do it but if someone seemingly desolate came to me for the same, I'd be very vary and sometimes even not respond.

@Unique can you explain to me how a Gypsy from England is different to a gypsy from the Roma community. I've seen Peaky Blinders and Thomas Shelby looks like no gypsy and I don't understand why someone would be discriminated against in these times if he was a white British national. For me it's very easy to identify a Romani from a English national but I don't know much about this part of the world.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:34 pm

the gypsys in the uk are very different than europe tbh. we dont dress like the gypsys in europe for a start and we dont beg on the streets. when i was a kid most travelers ( as we like to be called ) did mostly farm work because it was work they could do for most of the year and they didnt need qualifcations to do. the reason most travelers from years ago were not school educated was for 2 reasons. the first is nobody wanted them in schools and 2nd to do the farm work all year round meant they never stayed in one place long enough to get into a school or get settled in. its very different now though because farm work has been replaced with land scaping/block paving and stuff like that so not so much moving around that means kids can stay in school. tbh lots of travelers are now quite wealthy. the travelers in the towns and citys live as modern as anybody but some of them that live out in the sticks not so much. you could say some of them live a bit like amish people without the fear of technology. some are a mix of both. take tyson fury billy joe saunders and if you remember a football player called freddy eastwood who is a cousin of mine by the way. ( sdcored a winning goal at OT by the way cheers ) well they are multi millionairs and drive lamborghinis but still have horses and carts they like to ride on and race. we are not all alike but we have a bad reputation when it comes to certain things and thats why lots of people dont like us. like i said we are not all the same but i can fully understand why people dont trust us.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:14 pm

You’re not really gypsies then, are you? From what I recall, gypsies originally migrated from india to the Italy/Romania region. They don’t look distinctively indian today, because obviously the genetical heritage has changed over time as they’ve blended in with the population. Some of our Romanian members might have more knowledge on them.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:54 am

So Verona fans were at it again over the weekend. This time it was Mario Balotelli that was their victim and this time they had the audacity to gaslight him and tell him the monkey chants were all in his head. And this while displaying Nazi banners.

Questions for those who have been frequenting this thread:

- Why should a player stay on the pitch and continue enduring racial abuse from hostile fans? What is the thought process behind this? What does it prove?

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:03 am

McLewis wrote:So Verona fans were at it again over the weekend. This time it was Mario Balotelli that was their victim and this time they had the audacity to gaslight him and tell him the monkey chants were all in his head. And this while displaying Nazi banners.

- Why should a player stay on the pitch and continue enduring racial abuse from hostile fans? What is the thought process behind this? What does it prove?

His teammates should have walked out with him.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:12 am

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/18012793.beyonce-rumoured-filming-new-music-video-thamesm

Here's some racism for you from Beyonce of all people the person that Michelle Obama said everyone should look up to. She if filming in my area but only wants normal black and brown people to be in her video no white folks. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:20 am

Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:So Verona fans were at it again over the weekend. This time it was Mario Balotelli that was their victim and this time they had the audacity to gaslight him and tell him the monkey chants were all in his head. And this while displaying Nazi banners.

Agreed with this.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:05 am

CBarca wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Agreed with this.

I think thats one thing we have over our friends across the sea too. I have never played professional sport, but in high school I was on the baseball team. There was never a question about it. If were racially abused by people in the crowd we wouldnt have to stop it ourselves(which we would have), but the officials would have stopped it. Its not acceptable in any form or fashion. This wasnt some new age kid sensitivity either. I graduated high school in 2007. It wasnt acceptable to us American kids born in the late 80's/early 90's.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:02 am

Nobody care that a black superstar is being racist to white people then. Of course not no body cares about that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next