Transfer Rumours V6

+33
elitedam
Arquitecto
Chad31
FennecFox7
The Franchise
zenmaster
S
neuro11
The Demon of Carthage
Cruijf
sportsczy
Valkyrja
Bankz
halamadrid2
Firenze
Winter is Coming
Thimmy
Doc
rincon
Kebab
Harmonica
danyjr
Kick
BarrileteCosmico
windkick
BarcaLearning
Hapless_Hans
alexjanosik
Lucifer
Mr Nick09
futbol
Myesyats
eelir
37 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:55 pm

@Alex

Interesting. The thing is, I believe there is a way to include another forward in the team with the same shape. It just depends on the creativity of Koeman. I will make a case for keeping the same system.

Think of it like this.

Lets define it as 3-2-4-1 in possession because thats how I see it rather than the 352 it is often thought of as.

-------------Dembele----------------

Alba------Pedri--------Messi-------Dest
   
----------De Jong------Busi------------    

----Lenglet------Araujo-------Mingueza          


Of course Griezmann has recently played the Pedri role here, with Pedri where De Jong is and De Jong at CB. But the basic structure if the same.

Now when we press the build up, it is more like this if teams use the common back 4 and 1 pivot build (Sevilla, PSG)

-----------X--------------X------------

X------Dembele-------Messi--------X
--------------------X-------------------

Alba-------------Pedri--------------Dest
               
 -----------De Jong-----Busi-------------
-----Lenglet ----------------Mingueza---
------------------Araujo-----------------


Alba and Dest jumping to fullbacks, if the ball goes to our right, Mingueza goes aggressive to the winger (Mbappe) while Lenglet joins Araujo as other CB and ignores the winger as the ball is too far to reach him. Same on the left with Lenglet going tight and Mingueza covering around.

Finally, if we have to go into defensive organisation and we cannot press.

Against Sevilla and PSG we dropped into a back 5. But against Hueca, we dropped into a back 4 quite often with a defender (De Jong) jumping into midfield. For me, this was because we didnt need 5 players to deal with 3 forwards.

I think we could do this more often, especially because in this system we are having far better ball possession. I dont know about the numbers, but by better ball possession I mean in areas higher in the field and therefore we are able to counter press better as everyone is already there. Against Sevilla, PSG especially and Huesca we rarely had to defend in a back 4/5 because we won the balls back so quickly and had to stop only transitions. Because we playing this game of possession and counter press, Dest and Alba seldom found themselves in the traditional leftback spot in these games. They are acting almost exclusively as players who jump forward to press fullbacks.

So I say all this to say, we can fit in another forward and keep the same system.

--------------Fati--------------------------        

Alba-----Pedri-------Messi-------Dembele
               
 ----------De Jong----Busi-----------------

----Lenglet--------Araujo-----Mingueza---



If we cannot press, we can drop into:

-----------------Messi------------------
-----Fati--------Pedri---------Dembele
---------De Jong------Busi-------------
Alba----Lenglet-------Araujo-----Mingueza



City have their own version of this, but it is by no means something overly complex or specific to them.


Last edited by The Franchise on Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Posts : 19569
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:02 pm

Very well explained. Makes perfect sense. Couldnt quite articulate why the possession was better since the switch but your explanation clears it up beautifully.
Fati instead of Dembele and Dembele instead of Dest solves the forward problem. Only concern then would be can Dembele play that role.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3149
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:33 pm

That is a question. I am hopefully he could for 2 main reasons.

1. Pep has got Sterling, Mahrez or Bernando doing the exact same thing. Tuchel has got Hudson in the same role.

2. While small sample size. Trincao did in the PSG game when he came on for a short time.

I think it is a matter of coaching really. I believe it to be possible.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19569
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Kebab Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:40 am

Alexjanosik, what makes you think that Messi leaving will make Barca win UCL trophy? How you get this information? Do you have connection with jinns? Because in real world barca have only 1 ucl trophy without messi in their entire history

Let us enjoy him being in the team, he will not be here in 2-3 years. He is the history of barcelona and one of the best ever. Him staying 2-3 years more will not make barca to drop into second division or cause barca be banned from football. You cry so much as if he will play until he is 60. Wait 2 years more and you will back to winning your UCL trophies or building a stronger team or whatever you dream about

This was from your point of view. From my point of view he still the one carries the team and gives youngsters a lesson by playing alongside him
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Posts : 812
Join date : 2016-02-06

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:31 pm

What is it about this guy that makes an entire club, socis, and fans worldwide bend over backwards to accomodate him?
Reports that he will stay with a 30% paycut. Thats brilliant news. So instead of $150m a year and bankrupting us, he will now only earn $100m a year and bankrupt us. And the clueless fanbase will still laud this brilliant sacrifice.
Meanwhile, where it matters on the field; he continues to come a cropper and we continue to be humiliated in the CL.
To the poster above, I didnt say we would win a CL once he leaves. I said we would be competitive and the humiliations would stop immediately. No more getting humiliated by a team which has a bunch of random jobbers like Idris Gaaye, Kimpembe,Paredes, Moise Keane etc. And that the team he goes to would become much worse.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3149
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:31 pm

Ive given up arguing about this, Kebab Very Happy Some ppl just wont change no matter what so I guess we'll just have to ignore the posts of Messi blame thats bound to come up every now and then Very Happy

Good thing Danis back to bring something good to this section now Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6455
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Kebab Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:58 pm

@alexjanosik wrote:What is it about this guy that makes an entire club, socis, and fans worldwide bend over backwards to accomodate him?
Reports that he will stay with a 30% paycut. Thats brilliant news. So instead of $150m a year and bankrupting us, he will now only earn $100m a year and bankrupt us. And the clueless fanbase will still laud this brilliant sacrifice.
Meanwhile, where it matters on the field; he continues to come a cropper and we continue to be humiliated in the CL.
To the poster above, I didnt say we would win a CL once he leaves. I said we would be competitive and the humiliations would stop immediately. No more getting humiliated by a team which has a bunch of random jobbers like Idris Gaaye, Kimpembe,Paredes, Moise Keane etc. And that the team he goes to would become much worse.
Messi had great games several times this season. You never said a single good word about it. Never. And you love to praise players, you praise several players after each match. But never a good word about messi. This is the defintion of a HATER.
Secondly you are like a robot. You keep saying same words again and again no matter what people think about it. We have 5-6 posters here and they all have seen your opinion about messi. "He is lazy, he acts like he owns the pitch, dictator" etc. If you wake up someone from this forum in the middle of the night and ask him what alexjanosik said about messi they will say it without thinking. Why you keep repeating it. are you really a robot? I already told you this in the past. but you ignorant robot dont give a damn about other's opinion

"if messi leaves no more humilation" this sentence alone describes how mad you are

watch this humilation and tell me how messi caused it.



By being best player in barca side? Messi deserved more with this performance plus first leg performance where he scored 2 goals
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Posts : 812
Join date : 2016-02-06

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Harmonica Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:27 pm

Why are you still bothering with it Kebab? I've been in Internet since 90's, and I've never seen anybody, not single one changing his or hers opinion. Maybe somebody can flip liking red or orange, but not somebody who's so invested on something like Alex.

Here's three counters since Messi put Barca 3-0 up against Liverpool:

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 5951KW0

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 DLBaNPk

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 DkSkP0a

Now I've watched football from 80's, and that Dembele input in the last counter is the single most disgusting, deflating miss of all time. Not only single most, but most amazingly disgusting input in whole football history. Messi has one of the great CL-performances, and one of the greatest CL-goals, and fck me performs also in the second leg when rest of the team lays an egg, and we get eliminated. And then some idiots starts blaming Messi. You can kiss fck all for proper discussions at that point.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 13047
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:51 pm

@Kebab wrote:
@alexjanosik wrote:What is it about this guy that makes an entire club, socis, and fans worldwide bend over backwards to accomodate him?
Reports that he will stay with a 30% paycut. Thats brilliant news. So instead of $150m a year and bankrupting us, he will now only earn $100m a year and bankrupt us. And the clueless fanbase will still laud this brilliant sacrifice.
Meanwhile, where it matters on the field; he continues to come a cropper and we continue to be humiliated in the CL.
To the poster above, I didnt say we would win a CL once he leaves. I said we would be competitive and the humiliations would stop immediately. No more getting humiliated by a team which has a bunch of random jobbers like Idris Gaaye, Kimpembe,Paredes, Moise Keane etc. And that the team he goes to would become much worse.
Messi had great games several times this season. You never said a single good word about it. Never. And you love to praise players, you praise several players after each match. But never a good word about messi. This is the defintion of a HATER.
Secondly you are like a robot. You keep saying same words again and again no matter what people think about it. We have 5-6 posters here and they all have seen your opinion about messi. "He is lazy, he acts like he owns the pitch, dictator" etc. If you wake up someone from this forum in the middle of the night and ask him what alexjanosik said about messi they will say it without thinking. Why you keep repeating it. are you really a robot? I already told you this in the past. but you ignorant robot dont give a damn about other's opinion

"if messi leaves no more humilation" this sentence alone describes how mad you are

watch this humilation and tell me how messi caused it.



By being best player in barca side? Messi deserved more with this performance plus first leg performance where he scored 2 goals


I dont need to watch a video of him away against Pool. I watched the game. He was trash. Some kid living in his mothers basement puts together a Youtube video of his touches. Best Barca player. We got trashed 4-0 and it could have been worse but sure. Why dont you post a video of his actions without the ball. That should tell you the story behind all of our humiliations.
I repeat, if you are so sure of your boy, why dont you accept my challenge?? City, PSG whichever team he goes to will be worse and we will be much better in the CL. No more humiliations.
Bottom line, I would pick a 100 attackers if I wanted to build a CL winning side before I picked Messi. Come crunch time in the CL, the knockouts; which separates the men from the boys; your guy wilts like a flower.
And no amount of youtube videos made by kids still living with their mothers will change that.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3149
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Kebab Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:16 am

Stop playing with my nerves, stop posting funny things, reply with logic or dont reply

"I would pick 100 attackers before messi"
Thanks for admitting that you are an midiot. How can i argue with you after such bs statement? Am i talking to a wall?
I posted 2 longs posts and you wasted my time
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Posts : 812
Join date : 2016-02-06

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:57 am

We arent bankrupt cause of Messi. We are bankrupt cause of preposterous fees for players such as Griezmann,Coutinho,Dembele and Bartomeu living beyond our means. He was constantly balancing on the edge, with no long term perspective, knowing that we'd struggle to meet payments in a financial crisis.

Besides messi is the reason Barca is so wealthy in the first place. And if you assemble a system around him like Lucho did in 2015 we are cruising to a treble effortlessly. Just give him great wingers, secure the back and his passing is like no other in the world. With neymar and suarez we were unstoppable. Should have worked to keep them or replace them with actual players and not pretend footballers like Greaseman whose greatest trait is his retarded ponytail
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15101
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Cruijf Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:49 pm

@alexjanosik wrote:
I repeat, if you are so sure of your boy, why dont you accept my challenge?? City, PSG whichever team he goes to will be worse and we will be much better in the CL. No more humiliations.


Funny you keep repeating this ridiculous line when Cas took you up on it in the general section and, to absolutely no one’s surprise, you vanished. The sad truth is you have lost any rationality when it comes to Messi. It’s a shame because your posts are quite good when you’re not raving about him, but those have become few and far between as your obsession has worsened.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:23 pm

@Cruijf wrote:
@alexjanosik wrote:
I repeat, if you are so sure of your boy, why dont you accept my challenge?? City, PSG whichever team he goes to will be worse and we will be much better in the CL. No more humiliations.


Funny you keep repeating this ridiculous line when Cas took you up on it in the general section and, to absolutely no one’s surprise, you vanished. The sad truth is you have lost any rationality when it comes to Messi. It’s a shame because your posts are quite good when you’re not raving about him, but those have become few and far between as your obsession has worsened.


I have not deleted my post nor have I vanished. If he has accepted, good for him. We will see who is right.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3149
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:41 pm

@Myesyats wrote:We arent bankrupt cause of Messi. We are bankrupt cause of preposterous fees for players such as Griezmann,Coutinho,Dembele and Bartomeu living beyond our means. He was constantly balancing on the edge, with no long term perspective, knowing that we'd struggle to meet payments in a financial crisis.

Besides messi is the reason Barca is so wealthy in the first place. And if you assemble a system around him like Lucho did in 2015 we are cruising to a treble effortlessly. Just give him great wingers, secure the back and his passing is like no other in the world. With neymar and suarez we were unstoppable. Should have worked to keep them or replace them with actual players and not pretend footballers like Greaseman whose greatest trait is his retarded ponytail


Have there been other financial issues. Yes. But the transfers were not beyond our means. That is simply not true. The signings of Dembele and Coutinho were bankrolled by the Nyemar sale. Our net transfer outgo has been around $60m a year which is perfectly and absolutely within our means. So the transfers have not bankrupted us.
The salaries have bankrupted us which is ridiculously more than every other club on the planet with no commensurate returns on the pitch. And the chief culprit there is Messi. No matter how we spin it, Messi's salary is a huge reason for our financial turmoil. He is paid $150m a year. To put that in perspective, CR earns $60m.
And no Messi is not the reason we are wealthy in the first place. With or without Messi, we are one of the top 3 brands in football. And our brand endorsements would stay in the same ballpark with or without Messi. Madrid have not taken a hit in their brand endorsements without CR. United continue to be a top top brand years after CR left and years after they have stopped being relevant results wise.
So no, Messi is not the reason we are wealthy in the first place. And he certainly doesnt bring in $150m a year. I would be surprised if he brings in 1/10th of that.

On putting a system around him, MSN was there for 2 seasons more after the treble. And we did jack in the CL. Lost humiliatingly to Juventus, lost to Atletico, lost humiliatingly to PSG only to be bailed out by Roberto in a game Messi went missing.
Its not a lack of personnel issue at all. Or are we saying that Roma had a better team than us? Juve had a better team than MSN Barca?
Atletico had a better team than MSN Barca?
PSG without Neymar better than current Barca? Idris Gaaye, Kurzawa, Kimpembe, Paredes, Keane? Team of jobbers bar Mbappe.
No matter how we try to spin it, none of these teams were better than us. They just had a better, modern system. A modern way of playing that we cant play because of one player. We play football from the stone ages with an old school number 10. That doesnt work in today's football. It would be similar to transporting Pele's team or Platini's team or Maradona's team to play against any team today. Pele, Maradona and Platini's team would be trashed by any decent modern team.
Football is an athlete's game now and has changed immensely in 10 years. You cant field a guy who barely runs and expect to be relevant in the pinnacle of the sport, the CL. That is the issue. Not the rest of the team which stacks up and has stacked up all these years against the best in Europe. Any other reading is imo not honest. Roma, Juventus, Liverpool, Bayern, PSG, Atletico are not that good to humiliate us.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3149
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Chad31 Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:24 pm

Alex is kinda making sense messi is amazing and all, but I believe what he is saying that having great overall team, with proper team work with clearly defined roles, is better balanced for today's football than relying mainly on messi brilliance, while being hampered with his faults alex points at, if you improve the team around messi his faults won't go away but if he leaves, the team can move toward new ideas, if that what Alex is getting at it fair enough to think that imo.

Look at cr has juv improved or regressed since he has got there? It's not a giving that messi will improve or worsen his next team, I doubt it since messi is a better player than cr, it also not a given that barcelona will implode if messi leaves, rm didn't football is not about who has the most number of goals, it's about the team as a whole, madrid won la liga scoring the least amount of goals last season, it time to move past the one player has to be magical to win every game, defeats the team aspect of the game.

Messi has excellent teamwork so him staying is not hurting barca, but there must be a way to improve on some the heavy cl defeats, maybe investing in some cb and cdm, Idk don't really watch barca games.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 65
Join date : 2020-07-17

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:19 pm

At times, Messi does affect the team in a negative way, when he doesnt join in the press when needed, or decides to be 'lazy' which is actually conserving his energy for when he has the ball just for those who may not realise still, etc, etc. I think we all know that dont think hes perfect.

But we dont need to keep hearing it repeated and highlighted (and on top of that a whole bunch of idiotic nonsense as many above said) every time we lose a game. Hence I've asked alex to quit doing it a while ago Razz Anyway, hope it stops somehow or we can all just ignore it, and focus on proper constructive discussions.... lol...

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6455
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:02 pm

My opinion

-Messi today, still has far more quality than anyone we have and remains the best player in the world with the ball at his feet.

-His defensive work is generally terrible. In the modern game, you cannot have 1 player giving nothing on that end, especially if you have equal or less quality overall than your rival.

-Standing still as he "analyses the game" is somewhere between excuses and exaggeration. Let us not pretend you cannot analyse spaces and patterns only by standing completely still until you receive a pass.

-His performances in more recent big games has been poor. But so has everyone's. Will this change if collectively we are better? I think so. Other players misses or mistakes isnt an acceptable excuse, we have been collectively poor on a consistent basis and deserved to lose all of those games.

-He doesn't sprint or even run into spaces to make himself an easier target to receive between the lines. Him dropping ridiculously deep is not the hallmark of genius and it is not the fault of anyone but himself.

-Tactically, Messi is a difficult problem to have for a coach. He wont adhere to specific patterns. His quality is the reason this has been allowed to happen. Can he still be coached?

-if Messi walked away today, we would be worse today. From a psychological and quality point of view, the team will suffer without him.

-If Messi walked away and was replaced with 2-3 good additions, we would not be any worse last season or the 2 previous to that.

-Barca will be successful without Messi. We won before him, we will win after him. Many teams have beat us and have won things, without Messi.

-Messi is not the sole or even main reason Barca have the potential to be economically strong.

-Wages, not transfer fees are the reason we are suffering economically. No team commits this much money to its players. Messi is a huge part of that, though so are many others.

-When Messi wanted to leave last summer, I wasn't remotely upset. I welcomed it, because I felt him, Saurez, Alba, Busi, Pique etc should no longer be leaders of this group. Also, he was well within his rights to want to leave.

-I have been hoping for at least 2 years these guys should do the honourable thing as Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol and co. did. and leave for the good of the club. In fact those guys left before they had to, these guys instead they did the opposite and overstayed their time.

-If Pique, Busi and Alba settled for bench performers on a lower wage, would I welcome them staying? Sure.

-Would it be easier if Messi was a little older and further past his prime? Kinda, therefore the decision to move on from him would be easier.

-This season will be better than last season regardless of where we finish in the table. Younger and more energetic team which is going in a better direction.

-Should this brighter outlook of the team mean I should change my opinion on that old group? Not sure.

-If Koeman is coaching next season, I think the old group all remain and I am ok with that reality. If we got a new coach, I would want a complete change of that group, the new coach deserves a new canvas.


Last edited by The Franchise on Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19569
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Lucifer Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:51 pm

That is very insightful and meticulous Dani. Kudos.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8053
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Cruijf Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:55 pm

Generally agree with everything you said Dani, great post. The only thing I would contest is that "Messi, Saurez, Alba, Busi, Pique etc should no longer be leaders of this group." I disagree with putting Messi in the same category as those other players because unlike them, he (as you yourself say) continues to provide Barca with a lot of quality. If I was running Barca, I would have wanted to get rid of the other players but keep Messi and build around him because of how much he continues to offer the team. I don't see him as anywhere near one of the main culprits for the CL failures, because as much as he took away on the defensive side he offered much more offensively. His performances in the 18-19 CL in particular were truly exceptional and he deserves a lot more credit for those contributions.

This is of course putting money and Messi's own wishes aside. Given that Messi wanted to leave and the club is bankrupt it obviously made much more sense to let him go. I am just saying on a sporting level, I would not have wanted him to leave.

I also think it makes very little sense to blame Messi for the high wages. Yes Barca's wages are more of their revenue than anyone else, but immense blame still should be placed on the board for spending 300mil on mediocre players given the wage situation. You cannot say the 300mil would not have been a problem if not for the high wages because I can easily say the wages would not have been a problem if not for the ridiculous wastage of transfer fees. At an individual level, it also makes little sense to blame any employee of any organization for accepting high pay when the organization falls into financial trouble. It is not Messi's responsibility to determine how much the club can afford and reject anything above that. If the club cannot afford his wages, the blame rests squarely on the board for offering them.

Finally, I seriously think Messi's commercial value is being undervalued. It is very likely Juve's purchase of Ronaldo, salary and transfer fee included, made sense purely on a commercial level. Messi may not be generating 100mil per year but if he isn't the real number is probably very close to that. I don't have hard evidence, but based on what I know of the industry I actually think the real number would be higher. You have to factor in all the people that would watch Barca, go to the museum, etc. purely because of Messi, as well as the huge appeal this gave Barca for sponsorship agreements.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:01 pm

@Chad31 wrote:Alex is kinda making sense messi is amazing and all, but I believe what he is saying that having great overall team, with proper team work with clearly defined roles, is better balanced for today's football than relying mainly on messi brilliance, while being hampered with his faults alex points at, if you improve the team around messi his faults won't go away but if he leaves, the team can move toward new ideas, if that what Alex is getting at it fair enough to think that imo.

Look at cr has juv improved or regressed since he has got there? It's not a giving that messi will improve or worsen his next team, I doubt it since messi is a better player than cr, it also not a given that barcelona will implode if messi leaves, rm didn't football is not about who has the most number of goals, it's about the team as a whole, madrid won la liga scoring the least amount of goals last season, it time to move past the one player has to be magical to win every game, defeats the team aspect of the game.

Messi has excellent teamwork so him staying is not hurting barca, but there must be a way to improve on some the heavy cl defeats, maybe investing in some cb and cdm, Idk don't really watch barca games.


Thank you. I believe in the collective rather than this cult around 1 player. The likes of Bayern, Liverpool and a countless other teams prove that you can be at the pinnacle of the sport (the CL) without a Messi. Pretending otherwise is ridiculous.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3149
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:03 pm

@The Franchise wrote:My opinion

-Messi today, still has far more quality than anyone we have and remains the best player in the world with the ball at his feet.

-His defensive work is generally terrible. In the modern game, you cannot have 1 player giving nothing on that end, especially if you have equal or less quality overall than your rival.

-Standing still as he "analyses the game" is somewhere between excuses and exaggeration. Let us not pretend you cannot analyse spaces and patterns only by standing completely still until you receive a pass.

-His performances in more recent big games has been poor. But so has everyone's. Will this change if collectively we are better? I think so. Other players misses or mistakes isnt an acceptable excuse, we have been collectively poor on a consistent basis and deserved to lose all of those games.

-He doesn't sprint or even run into spaces to make himself an easier target to receive between the lines. Him dropping ridiculously deep is not the hallmark of genius and it is not the fault of anyone but himself.

-Tactically, Messi is a difficult problem to have for a coach. He wont adhere to specific patterns. His quality is the reason this has been allowed to happen. Can he still be coached?

-if Messi walked away today, we would be worse today. From a psychological and quality point of view, the team will suffer without him.

-If Messi walked away and was replaced with 2-3 good additions, we would not be any worse last season or the 2 previous to that.

-Barca will be successful without Messi. We won before him, we will win after him. Many teams have beat us and have won things, without Messi.

-Messi is not the sole or even main reason Barca have the potential to be economically strong.

-Wages, not transfer fees are the reason we are suffering economically. No team commits this much money to its players. Messi is a huge part of that, though so are many others.

-When Messi wanted to leave last summer, I wasn't remotely upset. I welcomed it, because I felt him, Saurez, Alba, Busi, Pique etc should no longer be leaders of this group. Also, he was well within his rights to want to leave.

-I have been hoping for at least 2 years these guys should do the honourable thing as Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol and co. did. and leave for the good of the club. In fact those guys left before they had to, these guys instead they did the opposite and overstayed their time.

-If Pique, Busi and Alba settled for bench performers on a lower wage, would I welcome them staying? Sure.

-Would it be easier if Messi was a little older and further past his prime? Kinda, therefore the decision to move on from him would be easier.

-This season will be better than last season regardless of where we finish in the table. Younger and more energetic team which is going in a better direction.

-Should this brighter outlook of the team mean I should change my opinion on that old group? Not sure.

-If Koeman is coaching next season, I think the old group all remain and I am ok with that reality. If we got a new coach, I would want a complete change of that group, the new coach deserves a new canvas.


Thank you. It's quite clear to see from an objective standpoint the issues he creates. And yet, vast majority of the fanbase doesnt.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3149
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:26 am

I agree with pretty much all u said too Dani, just except for the old guards should leave or bench themselves, etc. Reason being firstly they arent finished at all, especially the case with Alba, who really has been consistent and gives us so much still. Pique and Busquets and in general for the past couple of years have dipped though for sure, but as time have shown, they've come back and got best to their best or near there although not consistently as we needed since we couldnt replace them in an instant.

Secondly and even more so from their POV, I mean they are footballers with a short career life span, so if they are at the best club for their whole lives, doing what they enjoy and getting well paid, and have the quality to continue, personally its difficult for them to just give up and let go of their position right? I guess this is quite a common thing with many long time players who have been great at a club for many years, but due to age and decline in performance, are having to face. There are so many examples... for the case of Busquets it really is strange since hes relatively young but his decline had been so rapid Razz

Anyway, just bit of my opinion, as long as a player dont overstay his welcome too long and affect the team negatively its ok, which is debatable case by case obviously Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6455
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:47 am

Rumors have it that Kun's likeliest destination is PSG. But why would they be after both him and Messi ? So perhaps that leads some credibility to the Messi staying stories
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27045
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:42 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Rumors have it that Kun's likeliest destination is PSG. But why would they be after both him and Messi ? So perhaps that leads some credibility to the Messi staying stories

Moise Keane is going back to Everton.  No buyout clause and PSG don't want to overpay.
Icardi isn't reliable (often injured)...  but he has a long contract left.  Still, he can't be the only CF and he's not that great, especially in big moments.
AND Mbappe is likley gone.  He's not extending (per rumors) and he just bowed out of the Olympics this summer.  He says its to make his decision...  but most people think it's because he needs to move to a new club/city and adapt. You don't miss out on the Olympics because you're staying and the decision/announcement would take 10 seconds.

So Aguero is needed just to have a CF other than Icardi.  Messi would replace Mbappe.

That's the plan unless Madrid aren't able to afford Mbappe... in which case, he may end up at City tbh.  I really don't think he's staying at PSG otherwise the extension would have been signed already.  Nobody can offer him the 700k per week wages that PSG is putting on the table (and net apparently) which is why there's any doubt.  That's a lot of fromage right there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19995
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 am

Can't see psg letting mbappe go personally unless he forces his exit,but we shall see
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27045
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:50 am

Aguero seems close. Not a good transfer imo. He has had a knee injury and at his age that is a career ender. Why sign him on a long contract? Much rather Depay than Aguero. Or no one at all.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3149
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum