M99
S
McLewis
silver
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Probably a bit of both, there's been rumours of a contract dispute between him and WWE for a while.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by M99 Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDbWm4RPp10
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:29 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 19 Captur10
I don't think I've ever seen a more tragic Raw line up
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 10, 2020 12:54 pm

Larger than life entrance. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 10, 2020 1:44 pm

Which nobody will care about in a year when they inevitably fuck it up like with everything else.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 10, 2020 3:20 pm

He looks like Randy Orton and Stone cold put together lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 11, 2020 8:43 pm

Can definitely get behind this Rollins. Much more interesting now that he has a character.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 21, 2020 12:12 am

jesus
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 29, 2020 12:20 am

Bah gawd.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:00 am

Been watching 2001 RAW's recently and there's so much good stuff around these shows which have nothing to do with the talent.

It just depresses me how bad todays shows are made in comparison.

Even small things like the signs in the crowd, announcers actually telling a story, continuously telling the viewer what's to come and letting what's to come thread throughout the show.

Also the invasion angle is way more entertaining than people will have you believe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:29 am

Yeah WWE is shit. AEW is hit and miss. I haven't watched a full RAW or SD in ages tbh. I pretty much only watch the PPV's and catch any youtube highlights worth watching. WWE has suffered a lot from the lack of crowd, but so has AEW, but AEW puts on a better product so it doesn't hurt them as much.

I loved MJF's promo this week. It was awesome.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:41 pm

I've been watching some old WCW clips on youtube from 1996 to 2001.

Even with the nonsensical booking from 1999 onward, I still find it more entertaining than today's WWE/AEW. Could be a mixture of nostalgia, big names, or its so bad its good.

Some memorable moments:

1998:
Sting gets relegated to bit part player in favour of Hogan vs Savage mega powers explosion #2.
Sting and Luger join nWo Wolfpac for no real reason. Sting goes from #1 babyface to relegated below Nash.
The Giant joins nWo Hollywood even though Hogan kicked him out a year ago, and then proceeds to do the same 6 months later.
Bret Hart may or may not have joined nWo Hollywood.
Scott Hall joins nWo Hollywood in a swerve that made no sense.
No one really gave much focus on the whole Wolfpac vs Hollywood feud because the main even was Goldberg, celebrities (Malone, Rodman, Jay Leno) and Ultimate Warrior's disastrous return.
Big Poppa Pump is born and becomes leader of nWo Hollywood while Hogan runs for president.

Scott Hall comes out to a massive pop, rejoining Nash in the fingerpoke of doom match.
nWo elite is born which dies within 3 months. Buff Bagwell is in the Elite team while Curt Hennig is in the B-team.
Instead of feuding with Goldberg, Hogan drops the title to Flair (??)
DDP loses, then regains the WCW title on the same night.
Macho Man returns with his entourage of ladies and feuds with Kevin Nash, leading to some hilarious scenes of Savage slapping Torrie Wilson, Savage and Sid Vicious applying lipstick to Nash, Nash dumping sewage into the limo with Savage and team Madness inside, and the white hummer running into the limo with Nash inside.
Bret Hart wins the WCW title (finally), then turns heel so he can rehash nWo 2000 with Nash, Hall, Jarrett and Steiner. This then fizzes out within a month.
Goldberg breaks the limo window which wasn't gimmicked and legit hurts himself

Millionare club vs New Blood angle. All titles are reset. Hogan wrestles in street clothes and feuds with Kidman.
Jeff Jarrett becomes WCW champion before Scott Steiner or Booker T.
David Arquette (nuff said)
Triple cage match - always liked this gimmick match
The Natural Born Thrillers debut (Shawn Stasiak, Chuck Palumbo, Sean O'Haire, Mark Jindrak, Reno (who?)) who then loses to DDP/Nash and never recover.
Natural Born Thillers switch tag team partners for some reason (O'Haire/Jindrak and Palumbo/Stasiak to O'Haire/Palumbo and Stasiak/Jindrak) which I never understood.
Mike Awesome debuts which they completely waste by putting him in Team Canada and becoming that 70's guy. He also throws Kanyon off the Triple Cage. A spot that never gets talked about.
Ernest 'the Cat' Miller becomes WCW commissioner and gets into work/shoots with Russo with such lines as "you're the writer, I'm the commissioner therefore we have the same stroke"

Big Poppa Pump finally becomes champion, retires Nash and beats DDP.
The Magnificent Seven faction is born.
Nash kidnaps David Flair and holds him hostage.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:57 pm

Casciavit wrote:Yeah WWE is shit. AEW is hit and miss. I haven't watched a full RAW or SD in ages tbh. I pretty much only watch the PPV's and catch any youtube highlights worth watching. WWE has suffered a lot from the lack of crowd, but so has AEW, but AEW puts on a better product so it doesn't hurt them as much.

I loved MJF's promo this week. It was awesome.

I only watch AEW now. Even then it's rare for me to sit down and watch a full show.

Jericho, MJF, Matt Hardy, and Orange Cassidy are worth watching imo. Entertaining characters who can put on good matches. Beyond them, I can watch Omega, Bucks, Hangman, etc. if I want serviceable characters who can put on great matches. I like the variety on the card and the booking has mostly made sense.

WWE has a lot of great workers who are just flat outside of the ring. Couldn't give a damn about any of them. Any decent characters they have are old and done or fucked by McMahon's weird-ass ideas. They're so bad at creating new stars they have to keep bringing old ones back every month.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:54 pm

WWE died with John Cena

No one even talks about the product anymore on twitter.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:22 pm

Don't know why WWE stopped doing segments like these man. Not a word from any of them but still great story telling all around.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:34 am

So Paul Heyman manages Roman Reigns now.

5 years later Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:41 pm

Didn't realise Reigns turned heel.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:32 pm

How would you fantasy book him MT hmm
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:45 pm

Smackdown had more storytelling in it than about the last year of shows combined lol.

Not just the Roman stuff but there was some good storytelling with AJ, Sami, Jeff Hardy, Sasha and Bayley (in fairness those two have had consistent storytelling behind them)

Hell the backstage stuff with Cesaro/Nakamura/Zayn was more than the norm.

If they did this consistently then the product might actually not be terrible, watch it go back to barely any build or storytelling next week.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:59 pm

Does Cena ever come anymore ffs?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:08 pm

Nah, he's a movie star now lol.

I think he's in the new Suicide Squad hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:54 pm

Roman in 3-4 years will take the same path.

He's destined to be a Hollywood star
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:56 pm

S wrote:Roman in 3-4 years will take the same path.

He's destined to be a Hollywood star

Rock will make sure of that lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:11 pm

Casciavit wrote:How would you fantasy book him MT hmm

Khal Drogo esque larger than life evil heel with a stable. Probably far fetched with the current creative, so he'll most likely be plain old Roman Reigns with a few heel tendencies at best.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:15 pm

Onyx wrote:
Casciavit wrote:How would you fantasy book him MT hmm

Khal Drogo esque larger than life evil heel with a stable. Probably far fetched with the current creative, so he'll most likely be plain old Roman Reigns with a few heel tendencies at best.

Wish you were the head of creative man.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:10 pm

He's more or less going to be a tweener bordering on anti-hero status. Paul will probably do the talking for him and you can expect him to feud with both faces and heels. This way Vince probably thinks everyone's gonna like him.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next