M99
S
McLewis
silver
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by S Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:13 am

I don't know how many times I've watched this. Damn, wrestling feels great again.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by El Gunner Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:15 pm

literal grown men crying WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW i have never seen a bigger pop in a wrestling arena before... this is how the WWE should have treated Punk
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:00 pm

Holy shit that pop ffs. Also that wwe dig Laughing

man he looks so old. I hope he is in good shape. Looks really weak.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:33 pm

considering Jericho and Christian are still going, he'll be good enough... looks a bit stiffer from when we last saw him, but he'll still put on a show
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:Holy shit that pop ffs. Also that wwe dig Laughing

Have you looked at Jericho? Guy almost looks like Kevin Owens these days but he's still put on some great matches and continues to be among the most entertaining aspects on the show.

I think Punk will be fine. And looks like it's a full time deal too.

AEW have already built an incredible roster. Punk, Bryan and possibly Bray Wyatt will be the cherry on the cake.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM8xcyPAxXw

AEW president looks like a giddy kid and a cool guy to work with
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:57 pm

El Gunner wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM8xcyPAxXw

AEW president looks like a giddy kid and a cool guy to work with

He is the co-owner and director of Fulham lol. He's much better at running AEW than Fulham.

The pop Punk got is an all time great. Not in last ten years or anything, in wrestling history.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:44 am

FFS HES BACK Proud Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:47 am

Has Lesnar even been a baby face? lol
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:29 pm

The fact Becky came back and won the title in 20 seconds is a microcosm of everything that's wrong with that company.

They took away what should have been a great moment and completely ruined it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:32 pm

S wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Holy shit that pop ffs. Also that wwe dig Laughing

Have you looked at Jericho? Guy almost looks like Kevin Owens these days but he's still put on some great matches and continues to be among the most entertaining aspects on the show.

I think Punk will be fine. And looks like it's a full time deal too.

AEW have already built an incredible roster. Punk, Bryan and possibly Bray Wyatt will be the cherry on the cake.

Key difference: Punk hasn't wrestled in like 8 years.

Jericho has literally never stopped and been on top the entire time.

I think you're being a bit delusional if you're expecting Jericho level performances.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:57 pm

^^ you are the delusional one, like the man himself said, it's like riding a bike. Punk has an entire life of wrestling muscle memory in the bank... he'll be back in rhythm soon enough
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:28 pm

Yeah I don't think it should be a problem at all even though initially he might have to beat that ring rust. This is probably why he chose a guy like Darby Allin as his first opponent who's going to fly all over the place and make him look half decent. It's pretty clear that Darby has to carry that match.

Btw I saw a bit of Summerslam and it was pretty predictable to see Lesnar return although with a new look.

Some of the booking was pretty awful. Becky Lynch in particular coming back after a long hiatus and just squashing Bianca. That was pretty poor.

Edge Vs Rollins was the highlight in what was a pretty average PPV. Goldberg on the other hand is a pure embarrassment. What a horrible match. It's insane that he still has like 2-3 matches left to wrestle in his contract lol.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:34 pm

Pedram wrote:Has Lesnar even been a baby face? lol

He was a baby face in his first run with the company.

Vince wanted him to be his Cena initially but Lesnar decided to bail out on him.

Although yeah, it probably doesn't make much sense to have Lesnar as a babyface at this point. (Which he most likely wont)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:54 pm

El Gunner wrote:^^ you are the delusional one, like the man himself said, it's like riding a bike. Punk has an entire life of wrestling muscle memory in the bank... he'll be back in rhythm soon enough

He can say that all he wants, but we've seen this story a million times before.

I don't expect him to be as good as he was in 2011 at all.

But i do find it cute that someone who never watches is calling someone who watches every week that he's delusional lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:55 pm

S wrote:

Vince wanted him to be his Cena initially but Lesnar decided to bail out on him.

Although yeah, it probably doesn't make much sense to have Lesnar as a babyface at this point. (Which he most likely wont)

Of course he's a baby face, Roman is the top heel in the company.

Not sure why anyone expected any different, they never do heel vs heel feuds.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
S wrote:

Of course he's a baby face, Roman is the top heel in the company.

Not sure why anyone expected any different, they never do heel vs heel feuds.

We did have heel vs heel feud with Samoa Joe and Brock.

It's not going to be that straightforward as you think.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:38 pm

El Gunner wrote:^^ you are the delusional one, like the man himself said, it's like riding a bike. Punk has an entire life of wrestling muscle memory in the bank... he'll be back in rhythm soon enough

But i do find it cute that someone who never watches is calling someone who watches every week that he's delusional lol.

I think he's going to be a bit sluggish. It's expected. So is Jericho as he's ageing btw if we're making this comparison here. I've seen him struggling to do the lionsault on many occasions. He's not agile anymore. So it's not like Jericho is putting on 5 star matches. Jericho is still over because of the overall package he brings. His promos overshadows the actual matches.

I expect the same with Punk. He doesn't even need to get back to 2011 levels of wrestling. People will just be happy to see him cutting great promos and having half decent matches.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:40 pm

CM Punk wasn't athletic in his prime either. He'll prob look worse out there, but i don't think anyone will care because it's CM Punk ffs.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:43 pm

no one said anything about he needs to be 2011 good, he just needs to be good enough... he has the body and technique for it

i'm a long time wrestling watcher, just because i haven't watched consistently since Punk left the WWE doesn't mean my opinion is invalid
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:45 pm

@Cas and @S --- Mole's making garbage antagonist strawman's arguments as always
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:08 pm

Well one thing is for sure, Paul Heyman is gonna eat an F5 from Lesnar during this feud. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:47 pm

S wrote:

I think he's going to be a bit sluggish. It's expected. So is Jericho as he's ageing btw if we're making this comparison here. I've seen him struggling to do the lionsault on many occasions. He's not agile anymore. So it's not like Jericho is putting on 5 star matches. Jericho is still over because of the overall package he brings. His promos overshadows the actual matches.

I expect the same with Punk. He doesn't even need to get back to 2011 levels of wrestling. People will just be happy to see him cutting great promos and having half decent matches.

See i don't disagree with any of this.

He's gonna be great, your initial response just sounded like you expected him to be back to Lesnar feud levels lol.

This shit is hard to be good at after being away so long, the only guy who took years off and is somehow as good as ever is Edge.

Everyone else dropped off, i don't expect him to be at 2013 levels and nobody should really but nobody will care anyway.

I was just setting expectations because it sounded like people were expecting something that quite frankly likely isn't possible.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:40 am

Good to see fresh blood Charlotte and Becky as champions, and hard workers Edge, Goldberg, Cena and Lesnar at the top of the card.

Since Punk and Bryan left, WWE have only creditably built;

Reigns

huge gap

Rollins
Lashley
McIntyre

huge huge gap

Everyone else

When guys like Wyatt and Strowman get released, then almost everyone is expendable.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:25 pm

I think I'm being worked by this MJF vs Jericho stuff.

With how much talent is coming in it's genuinely making me think that he might actually retire and go to commentary lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:48 pm

the "one more match" refrain beginning to sound like Christian vs Randy Orton in early 2010s lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next