M99
S
McLewis
silver
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:48 pm

Haven't watched it in forever but I heard that since HHH took over not only has the week to week been pretty good but the business itself is extremely good.

Who could have known that Vince was holding everyone back lmao.

(Well actually everyone did)

Honestly pretty exciting that they have momentum with multiple guys and Punk is joining that instead of being a big saviour to a bad product.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:32 pm

LA Knight is the most over guy since Bryan and the biggest star currently, mainly just watch his segments. Cody was interesting when feuding with Reigns/Lesnar, though Reigns hardly ever appears and probably should have dropped the title at WM to Cody.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:26 am

Punk managed to create two of the biggest moments in wrestling history for two different companies.

Like him or hate him, you can call him toxic, cancer and all that but he's a massive draw. 70M+ views across all platforms for WWE. Unprecedented.

Can't help but feel Punk's run at AEW is eerily similar to Ronaldo's stint at JJ. A single person alone cannot elevate a company to another level. You need to have a competent management and a great support system which AEW lacks and JJ lacked.

Punk under WWE supervision is probably going to have a far better run than his AEW run even though he's well past his best.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:37 am

nah, Punk is just stale in the ring these days

Most of his AEW matches were meh
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:26 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:07 pm

Still a GOAT Molenation
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:38 am

Wwe must be real dimeless to still need dwayne rocky mavia johnson to push numbers.

Not like aew is any better. Tiny khan still fears for his life not realizing the bucks of youth are conning him his inheritance.

Christian cage > any current wwe heel however. Show some respect to stepdad of the year.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:04 pm

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:57 pm

Surprising that raw will move from cable tv to streaming service. Truly a change of the times.

I wonder what that means for TNA and AEW.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:14 pm

Vinnie Mac getting Benoit'd by TKO/WWE rofl

Who would've thought

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9K_G3VS4Dw
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:44 pm

One of the most fire segments in recent memory

Heel Rock is back!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:56 pm

I'm one of those people who wants Roman-Cody in the main event and Cody to go over Roman but ffs, the way Rock buries Cody fans is just hilarious

The Rock now being a board member of the WWE and throwing his weight around adds an even more interesting angle to an already fire feud

Next few months in the leadup to WM is gonna be must watch TV.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:24 pm

i think it's obvious... Cody v Roman coz it's Cody's traditional right to choose who he fights, but Rock intervenes in the match causing him to go full heel... what happens after that i dunno
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:50 am

Heel Rock. :bow: :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:19 pm

Everything tells me that Rock is going to turn on Roman at Mania and set up their feud for WM 41

The promo and the attire seemed a bit forced imo. He was even smiling while delivering that heel promo, something you wouldn't expect if he truly turned heel.

A major swerve is coming at Mania
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:31 pm

yea got that feeling too after watching that last video
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:52 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:20 am

From feuding with junkies like Darby Allin on a glorified indy show in AEW to de-throning the golden boy, the needle mover of WWE, Cody for sure has come a long way.

HHH has rescued WWE from a boring mess and along with Nick Khan, is taking WWE to a new level, a new direction.

This Netflix might just be the best thing to happen to WWE just yet. We are already seeing them moving towards a more edgy product. Blood, swearing, rock/heavy metal music, pre-match promos on par with Attitude Era..

Wrestlemania 17 will always be #1 for me but this Wrestlemania is a close second. Although some matches were pretty average, it had everything.

I think it's a great time to be a pro-wrestling fan. I hope AEW steps up because the current iteration of the company looks like a worse version of TNA. Need all of wrestling to succeed.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:36 am

please... Wrestlemania 20 >>>
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:20 pm

S wrote:From feuding with junkies like Darby Allin on a glorified indy show in AEW to de-throning the golden boy, the needle mover of WWE, Cody for sure has come a long way.

HHH has rescued WWE from a boring mess and along with Nick Khan, is taking WWE to a new level, a new direction.

This Netflix might just be the best thing to happen to WWE just yet. We are already seeing them moving towards a more edgy product. Blood, swearing, rock/heavy metal music, pre-match promos on par with Attitude Era..

Wrestlemania 17 will always be #1 for me but this Wrestlemania is a close second. Although some matches were pretty average, it had everything.

I think it's a great time to be a pro-wrestling fan. I hope AEW steps up because the current iteration of the company looks like a worse version of TNA. Need all of wrestling to succeed.

It's the best i've seen for a very, very long time. That main event was like the Avengers assembling to take out Thanos lmao. Also this tells you everything about where the product is rn

Long term storytelling is KING and it was a hallmark of HHH's time in NXT. People who didn't watch it would claim it was about work rate because the PPVs had high work rate matches.

But anyone who paid attention knew the best thing about HHH's NXT was the long term storytelling and investment you got from the characters. I don't want to do the i told you so thing because everyone was saying Vince needed to go and HHH would make things right.

But it just feels good to see a product ( i still only pay attention to it casually) that actually invests in it's characters and stories and doesn't change plans every 2 mins.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:18 pm

Watched Wrestlemania, i think it might unironically be in my top five. very rarely WWE does manages to get everything right and this one was one of them, flawless execution with very few weak matches.

I was too young for Attitude Era so my ranking is biased toward Ruthless Aggression. my top five:

1. WM 2004 (Eddie and Benoit finally winning are up there as one of the finest moments in professional wrestling history.)

2. WM 2005 (Passing of the torch to new talents and long-term booking on Evolution. Kurt and HBK delivering a 5 star match, first MITB and possibly the best in history.)

3. WM 2001 (The conclusion of Attitude Era, best TLC match in history, Austin and Rock at their peaks.)

4. WM 2006 (Very solid card overall, strong MITB match, Foley and Edge iconic hardcore match, HBKs beatdown of McMahon.)

5. WM 2024

Spoiler:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:20 pm

i find it funny that nobody in my part of the world over the age of 20 gives a damn about WWE, but i'm glad for WWE fans, good to see people have fun and loving the things they love, the Netflix deal will only boost this new WWE era...

they can't fall into the trap of their biggest late 2000s/early 2010s mistake though: and that is pushing old superstars or one superstar (Cena) over new and exciting talent, they gotta get that right this time and if they do, WWE will indeed go through a new golden era for the next decade or two.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:48 pm

El Gunner wrote:i find it funny that nobody in my part of the world over the age of 20 gives a damn about WWE, but i'm glad for WWE fans, good to see people have fun and loving the things they love, the Netflix deal will only boost this new WWE era...

they can't fall into the trap of their biggest late 2000s/early 2010s mistake though: and that is pushing old superstars or one superstar (Cena) over new and exciting talent, they gotta get that right this time and if they do, WWE will indeed go through a new golden era for the next decade or two.

It's because there are a lot of people out there who feel they need to hide the fact that they enjoy watching wrestling as an adult. these days if you tell someone you like wrestling they almost look at you funny, like there might be something wrong with you.

Although the industry has matured a lot in recent decades and has gained mainstream appeal, professional wrestling as a form of entertainment is still seen as soap opera for men and looked down upon by normies.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37