Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
rincon
RealGunner
Thimmy
21 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by silver Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:33 am

13 is better than 15...

silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:27 am

silver wrote:13 is better than 15...

Very much so. Recently I've been really wanting to play it again but there isn't a way to play it on PS4. I'd love a remaster of it, the game is already beautiful, just up the resolution to 4K and re-release it please.

In the end FFXV is the only FF game that I've played where I haven't done the postgame. It was good and fun and all, but less than the others.

Just finished FFVI yesterday for the first time. I had played it many years ago but things got in the way and had to drop it. What a GOAT game. It holds up exceptionally. No questions why so many of those who played it in 1996 think its the best game of all time.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:20 pm

They both suck. 13 is a shallow, narrow hallway that I personally never felt tempted to pick up again. The game largely felt like a chore to me. 15 is a much more vast and open game, but even more shallow and lacking in both depth and coherency. Together, I think they're the worst games in the series. Granted, I haven't played the 13 sequel, nor Lightning Returns. FF X-2 was really not my cup of tea either, but it blew both of those games out of the water in terms of substance/quality of content.

I'll never understand your taste in FF games, Rincon Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:11 pm

My patience paid off. FF7 Remake is free on PS+ Proud

Pretty shitty that Yuffie DLC is PS5 exclusive. But of course Square Enix gonna Square Enix.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:00 pm

It’s turn based right and not like 15?

Never been into that so most likely won’t get it.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:00 pm

Free on PS plus and free PS5 upgrade for those who bought the game.

Gonna replay it in hard when it comes out in June together with the DLC. Hopefully PS5s are accesible at that point.

Ever Crisis has a lot of potential, im really curious to see more.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:02 pm

LeVersacci wrote:It’s turn based right and not like 15?

Never been into that so most likely won’t get it.

Its not turn based. Action RPG with full combat controls and a command bar that fills up for skills, magic or items. It fills by itself and it fills faster the more you hit enemies.

Much better combat than 15
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:09 pm

anything is better than FF15 ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:02 pm

Always assumed it was turn based like most FF.

Added it earlier and will try it in june for the PS5 upgrade.

Just checked the ps+ doesnt give you the upgrade. You need to buy the game to get it. That’s annoying.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:03 am

rincon wrote:
M99 wrote:
Warrior wrote:

Same

I am at chapter 14. So far i have only good things to say, the gameplay is perfect, the scenario is touching, the scenery is superb. Seems an easy platinum although it needs a complete second playthrough.

Chapter 11 and I have similar sentiments. They did a superb job with Midgar and all the depth they are giving to the characters. Gameplay is good too. Its hard and strategic enough that you can't just button mash your way to victory and right now I am constantly needing to use items and switch up materia to win battles.

Same sentiments. Midgar was even some of the least favorite part of FF7, and never cared much for the Avalanche crew. Remake changed this totally, Biggs, Wedge, Jessie and co. are great and the main party is done justice, or maybe even improved, compared to the original up to this point of the story. I'm waiting to replay it when I am finally able to get a PS5 and the upgrade/DLC comes out (which one will come first?). I'm hoping that the save files transfer from ps4 to ps5, havent looked into it, so that I can play in hard mode.

Hard mode makes the gameplay even better by disabling items. You have to get really creative with materia and really tight with your movements. It's the best combination of turn based ATB with action gameplay I've seen. I would hope that future final fantasies build on this gameplay instead of reinventing too much.

Okay so I finished it, any my opinion of the game has gone down.

The Good:

Gameplay is really fun. Whiny purists can f off. If they can add in the ability to switch materia mid-battle it will be perfect.

Soundtrack is AMAZING. The remixes of OG tracks are just perfect.

The depth and expansion they gave to the Avalanche crew and Midgar was great.

Most boss fights were incredible. The soundtrack complemented them perfectly. Reno+Rude, Rufus Shinra, Jenova clone the highlights for me.

The bad:

The filler is UNREAL. The padding they gave to make this a 30+ hour game was insufferable. Mako 5 reactor I could live with, making Train Graveyard a whole effin chapter I could live with but the whole underground Shinra lab and then going back to the sewers with Corneo's lackey who I could care less about while the story was in its penultimate phase was terrible. If they made these side missions instead of the boring cookie cutter fetch quests the game would have been much better. How I wish JRPGs take a leaf out of Witcher 3's book when it comes to sidequests. That chapter with Jesse going to her parents and infiltrating the factory I loved, that was the right kind of "filler"

They botched Shinra HQ imo. It was one of the best parts of OG FF7. Running Hojo's gauntlet was needless. Getting out of the cell and seeing trail of corpses and then finding the dead president was one of the most hauntingly powerful moments of the OG game. The purple blood and President Shinra hanging on the ledge was just lame. Guess Square Enix was paranoid of getting an M rating. On the bright side, Rufus Shinra is cool af. Also the climb to the tower with destroyed Sector 7 in the background was pretty great.

Speaking of which, for all the depth and expansion they added to Midgar, pretty much every named character survives???? Biggs is alive, Wedge survives but he might have died again in the end, Jessie is unclear. Characters like Marle, Johnny, Wymer escape unscathed. Pretty much everyone surviving is a cheap cop out and makes any emotional impact devoid. The whole look for survivors and people actually surviving is pretty stupid considering a plate fell from the sky.

Going off from the Avalanche members surviving, oh my god I hate everything about the Whispers, defying destiny and alternate timelines. The whole concept is some ridiculous fan fiction level shit. Nomura just had to Nomura. I really hope the story does not go off the rails and become a convoluted mess like the Kingdom Hearts series. This has potential to be like the new Star Wars with a promising first entry followed by hot messes.

This really isn't a Remake, this is like the Neon Genesis Evangelion movies where the story eventually becomes drastically different. I won't be surprised at all if Aerith survives or Tifa dies instead and some shit like that. It also looks like Zack is alive but that might be another timeline and there are theories that Sephiroth is the Sephiroth from Advent Children (the Whispers bosses were 100% the villains from AC, I noticed that immediately), ugh the whole thing is a recipe for disaster. Shadow Of The Colossus, Yakuza, Resident Evil all did perfectly faithful remakes with modern day graphics and great expansion to story/lore. Guess that was too much to ask for. Nomura wants to include everything from the entire FF7 universe...apart from characters from Advent Children even the villain for Dirge of Cerberus will appear in the Yuffie DLC. Lets see how they pull it off. Hopefully they will without fucking everything up. Story is guaranteed to be very different with how this game ended and the Ever Crisis game which will faithfully follow the OG story being released also.

I'm actually more hyped for Part 2 than I was for this. We've been literally seeing Midgar remade for 15 years...ever since the PS3 tech demo. I want to see Wutai, Cosmo Canyon, Gold Coast remade. They showed us a glimpse of the Northern Crater and that had me so hyped lmao. inb4 Part 2 is just Kalm and Chocobo Farm padded out to 40 hours. I'm actually curious to see where it ends. Temple of the Ancients maybe?

Btw they blew their load early with already giving a proper Sephiroth boss fight. Imagine if God Of War gave a Odin or Thor boss fight already...Well with how long it takes Square Enix it will be probably 15 years for us to have the final game so good on them for already giving us the fight and One Winged Angel soundtrack :whistle:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:20 am

I finished hard mode a week ago. I actually made it too easy for myself as I did too much research, powered up all the useful materia and knew most of the bosses weaknesses before the battle so could have the right materia set up. No battle took more than 3 attempts even hell house (poison ftw) and Bahamut.

The unknown entity in Shinra underground was probably my hardest battle. Probably because I'm not very good at using Tifa. I find Aerith the most useful by stacking up her magic I'm able to use pray to get almost a full heal, and useful weapon skills like that shield move to get past the bloody Tonberry.

Favourite fight was Bahamut + Ifrift or Rude and Reno in sector 7 slums.

I still wish there was a decent post game exploring new areas and new bosses.

In a way normal mode was more fun as I didn't have to keep adjusting my materia for each battle and could go in blind and hope for the best.

Now I just have to get all the dresses and chap 14 resolutions to complete the play log.

I know its a game, but I can't fathom the infrastructure in Midgar. The amount of effort to build and maintain the plates must keep half the population employed as builders / engineers / planners. And how is the Drum within the Shinra building? How can they possibly build that and get all that stuff up 60 floors?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:51 pm

CLOUD
elemental+fire//poison//revival:::ifrit
MP up//HP up//assess

TIFA
magnify+healing//wind//binding
HP absorption+lightning//Mp up//HP up

BARRETT
elemental+ice//poison//barrier
HP up//luck up//pray//ATB boost

If i recall that was my set up for most of the game. Weapons abilities have been equally useful as magic if not more. Tifa's unbrindled strength + triangle you can spam this generously Thumbs up
I would use the AP up materia to lvl up faster until chap 17 or so. Probably a noob way of playing anyway it was my first time with Final Fantasy and the strategy worked well in general. The last boss of the campaign was far too easy it is a long grind but you never get in trouble. Leviathan one-shotted my party several times. He is the hardest challenge i could find in the ones accessible in first playthrough. I'll replay the game on hard eventually, before that i wish to complete the summons and VR battles somehow i cannot find the simulator.

I rate this game A
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 08, 2021 12:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwM1aJicdnw
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Another trailer that spoils the main game and also the DLC. Would have preferred not to watch it. Looks great.

I think its PS5 exclusive right? doubt I'll be able to find a PS5 by the time this comes out.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 25, 2021 12:31 am

dunno if anyone has been paying attention to the rumours going around right now, I say rumours but they've been pretty much confirmed by multiple insiders on Resetera (biggest gaming forum) reveal due any day now (maybe E3)

• new Souls like Final Fantasy game
• developed by Team Ninja who created Nioh
• PS5 timed exclusive, coming to PC at a later date
• darkest and most violent the FF has ever been
• not a mainline, numbered title, but set in an already established FF universe
• not AAA (been told to think Nioh and Automata in terms of budget and resources)

hype
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 25, 2021 8:08 am

E3 is looking interesting for final fantasy.

7 remake, 16, and this new side game.

Might actually watch the stream if their presentation is not too late at night.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue May 25, 2021 10:09 am

Firenze wrote:dunno if anyone has been paying attention to the rumours going around right now, I say rumours but they've been pretty much confirmed by multiple insiders on Resetera (biggest gaming forum) reveal due any day now (maybe E3)

• not AAA (been told to think Nioh and Automata in terms of budget and resources)

hype

Sounds great, but it also sounds a bit too good to be true. Somehow, I find it hard to believe that Square Enix would release something this far from «the safe formula». They may have succeeded in doing so as Squaresoft, but Square Enix are about as adventurous as Activision these days Razz It’s all about appealing to the majority.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Firenze wrote:dunno if anyone has been paying attention to the rumours going around right now, I say rumours but they've been pretty much confirmed by multiple insiders on Resetera (biggest gaming forum) reveal due any day now (maybe E3)

hype

I read that it's an action fantasy like similar to FF Type 0 (which sucked). But if team ninja are making it then the combat system is bound to be good.

Excited to see the reveal.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

...this does not look good.

Garlan/Chaos is the villain of FF1 so looks like story wise this is a canonical prequels to a 30 year old game.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:04 pm

This looks garbage lmfao

As if they literally took Nioh's combat to copy paste in this Laughing They even copied Tengu across ffs

OUT
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:56 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:22 pm

Looks like late 2022 release is on the cards.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 14, 2022 1:55 pm

FF XIV and XVI producer Yoshida mentioned in a short interview about other stuff that XVI isnearly complete and in the polishing and debugging phase. The trailer is ready but it's been delayed for reasons he didn't mention. Sound like it might be shown at the next Sony or SE event.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 14, 2022 2:46 pm

As long as it hasn't taken 10 years to make it should be good.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 14, 2022 4:37 pm

Yeah development is supposed to be the most smooth it's been for a mainline final fantasy since X or XI

I like that they didn't announce it too early, kept it under wraps, and avoided (public) drama
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed May 18, 2022 12:39 am

rincon wrote:

Very much so. Recently I've been really wanting to play it again but there isn't a way to play it on PS4. I'd love a remaster of it, the game is already beautiful, just up the resolution to 4K and re-release it please.

In the end FFXV is the only FF game that I've played where I haven't done the postgame. It was good and fun and all, but less than the others.

Just finished FFVI yesterday for the first time. I had played it many years ago but things got in the way and had to drop it. What a GOAT game. It holds up exceptionally. No questions why so many of those who played it in 1996 think its the best game of all time.

Played FF6 when my friend was playing FF8, 8 was the new shiny game in town. Years later I still consider FF6 up there with 7 as the best RPG ever. Those old schools games can’t compare with the graphics of todays obviously, even with limited specs and graphics those games had much more realism. No game did it better in developing their characters than six. There maybe 1 character I didn’t care for, all were very interesting and unique.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next