Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
rincon
RealGunner
Thimmy
22 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Firenze Fri 30 Jun 2023 - 2:12

Mediocre was probably harsh and unfair but I am slightly disappointed with it, I still think it's a decent game but I wouldn't recommend it to someone not on sale, yeah I do think there's good stuff here they can build on - I'm not quite done yet btw. Will finish tomorrow, I got hit with like 15 sidequests right before the big finale, and I'm pretty pleased with the character arcs for the supporting cast

yeah I mentioned to a friend when discussing the game that the gear system is really meh...you really do upgrade so fast you quit caring and the worst thing is its like..hey I've got a pretty dope  special sword...oh now it's eclipsed by a meh looking generic vendor sword.

heh, I also mentioned how odd and awful sounding the Titan theme was, reminded me of some shit from an early 2000s cartoon

lack of being able to explore any real towns is a bummer too but not too surprising given the series has struggled immensely with this in the HD gaming era, but they really didn't even try here. At least XV had Altissia which was kinda dead but was a real neat moment when you arrive. In 16 we have some beautiful locations (at least in concept art) that we only really get to explore as linear battle maps...usually when its dark (this is another issue I have, the game is mostly drab and dull) and you get like 3 small settlements worth a shit.

Voice acting has been really good, at least in English

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Firenze Fri 30 Jun 2023 - 17:44

Finished it, quite enjoyed the story overall. 7.5 for me. If it kept the story with proper exploration, some bigger settlements and made said exploration and side quests rewarding, would have been a 9-9.5. Was satisfied with most of the major character arcs too.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri 30 Jun 2023 - 22:33

I also think the story is good, but the pacing is awful. You could be chilling in the refugee camp one moment, and suddenly you're about to fight an Eikon because shit escalates real fucking quickly in this game, returns to peace and quiet, and then it suddenly escalates again. It's weird.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 17:13

Firenze wrote:Mediocre was probably harsh and unfair but I am slightly disappointed with it, I still think it's a decent game but I wouldn't recommend it to someone not on sale, yeah I do think there's good stuff here they can build on - I'm not quite done yet btw. Will finish tomorrow, I got hit with like 15 sidequests right before the big finale, and I'm pretty pleased with the character arcs for the supporting cast

yeah I mentioned to a friend when discussing the game that the gear system is really meh...you really do upgrade so fast you quit caring and the worst thing is its like..hey I've got a pretty dope  special sword...oh now it's eclipsed by a meh looking generic vendor sword.

heh, I also mentioned how odd and awful sounding the Titan theme was, reminded me of some shit from an early 2000s cartoon

lack of being able to explore any real towns is a bummer too but not too surprising given the series has struggled immensely with this in the HD gaming era, but they really didn't even try here. At least XV had Altissia which was kinda dead but was a real neat moment when you arrive. In 16 we have some beautiful locations (at least in concept art) that we only really get to explore as linear battle maps...usually when its dark (this is another issue I have, the game is mostly drab and dull) and you get like 3 small settlements worth a shit.

Voice acting has been really good, at least in English

Most people I trust with gaming have said something similar. My mate said its arguably worse than ff15 in many ways but the eikon battles make the game somewhat worth playing. He said the combat is really bad and the side quests are tedious and worthless.

Honestly since the trailers the game didn't really look appealing. Probably won't play it till its on sale in a year or two.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 21:10

Sounds to me like your mate is still playing the game hmm

The late game side quests are a lot better, but as a whole, I think about 90% of them are a waste of time. Me and Firenze both pointed out most of the negatives in the game, but I still enjoyed it a lot more than I enjoyed FF15. As for the combat being poor, are they comparing it to Dark Souls? 😅
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri 18 Aug 2023 - 13:48

There are some wild takes here about it being mediocre or worse than 15.

I'm 70% through. Its taking me a long time since I can't game much at the moment, life is only getting busier and busier. Wish I was playing much more though, the world, the characters, the story, the eikon battles, the cinematography is next level. The game does need more variety and better pacing.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 18 Sep 2023 - 8:24

Better late than never

I'm cautiously excited for those theme park arcade games Laughing And Vincent Valentine cheers
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon 18 Sep 2023 - 9:41

I wont get until the full game is out
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 18 Sep 2023 - 9:56

Lord Awesome wrote:I wont get until the full game is out

That's going to be a lot to catch up to. I assume part of the reason why they decided to split them into several parts is because each part really has the length of a full game. Especially, if you like to do side content and not just rush through the main story.

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 15 Skjer103

This seems pretty accurate, and the second part is supposedly longer and more substantial than the first one.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon 18 Sep 2023 - 19:40

33 hours hmm

I played years ago so maybe my mind is playing tricks on me but it felt more like 15-20 hours to complete the story and some of the side trophies/quests

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 18 Sep 2023 - 19:43

I think I spent about 30 hours, but I'm pretty sure I did every single side quest. I didn't do the post game content, though. Like the extra simulator esper battles and whatnot. I should probably do those before I play the second part.

That said, most of the side quests were pretty boring, if I remember correctly. I can't recall if any of the rewards were worth it either. I do remember one side quests that had a worthwhile reward, and that was the one that rewards you with the key to a cave with treasure in it, that you can't access otherwise.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon 18 Sep 2023 - 20:08

I did not finish the extra simulator either, maybe that's what they mean by completing the game in 33 hours

I'll replay FF7R before getting into this one, i think it's worth an immersion into this universe

Played so many games since, and never played the original FF7, so i have vague memories of the story itself well i do remember it was excellent... anyways i'm quite sure it was not that long and not that hard except 1 boss... that ice dragon was a tough nut to crack
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue 19 Sep 2023 - 18:54

Definitely took me longer than 30 hours, probably more like 50-60, I almost platinumed it though. Missed some chapters on hard and the last simulator battle.

I'm planning to beat intergrade before Rebirth comes out to get back into it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 21 Sep 2023 - 20:16

FFVII Remake will probs be like the lonvest game ever when it fully comes out from the sound of it. Still gonna wait since Im playing Trails of Cold Steel series atm
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 12 Feb 2024 - 14:07

Looks like FF7 rebirth will include the Vincent Valentine introduction that was optional in the original, as well as the introductions for Cid Highwind, Yuffie (who's already been introduced in Intergrade), RedXIII and Cait Sith. One of the trailers showed that it includes the theme park as well, which was very far into the game from what I remember, and includes what I consider to be the meatiest part of the game, including Yuffie's village, Red XIII's Fort Condor, Cid's Rocket Town with the airship, Cait Sith's theme park with the battle arena, the place that looks like a tropical holiday resort and the town where Tifa and Cloud grew up. Maybe my memory is vague, but that seems like the majority of the game lol

Makes you wonder how there will be enough content for a third game in this remake series, unless they add content that wasn't in the original game. It's been a really long time since I played FF7, but I don't recall there being a ton of stuff left after you get to the theme park. I'm pretty sure every character and area of the map have been introduced at that point in time, and the conclusion to the story isn't far away. Should be a pretty massive game with how much they're including in this second part, at least. They're covering a lot more of the original material than they did in the first part, and one of the trailers in the PS store seems to suggest that they added new mini-games and content that didn't exist in the original. I'd be mighty surprised if this isn't going to be a long game Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon 12 Feb 2024 - 15:46

It seems massive, looks like the bulk of the original game will have been covered by remake and rebirth although we don't know when this ends.

By the theme park I guess you mean the Golden Saucer. That's part of the first disc in the OG, maybe a bit less than halfway through the game? around that. From the trailers (I didn't watch the State of Play) there is footage of the Forgotten Capital. IIRC thats the end of disc 1 and the setting of a certain very spoilery event in FF7. I'm guessing that can be the end of Rebirth. My memory of FF7 is hazy though, specially of the later half of the game.

I'm beyond hyped, not sure how I will find the time to play this at any decent pace. Gonna need to reorganize my life Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 12 Feb 2024 - 17:01

Yeah, I’m referring to the Golden Saucer. Isn’t that where there’s a battle arena as well? Or am I getting it mixed up with some other place in the game? It’s been like, two decades since I played it, so I may be wrong about a lot of things that I think I remember 😂
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 17 Feb 2024 - 17:58

I haven't played the demo, but I'm happy with how they've modernized the soundtrack based on what has been released to the public so far. Can't wait to play it in a little over a week Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 17 Feb 2024 - 18:16

rincon wrote:
By the theme park I guess you mean the Golden Saucer.

If there was any doubt Razz

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 15 Skjer111
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 18 Feb 2024 - 11:03

I just finished the intermission DLC for the first time. Pleasantly surprised, I'm not a fan of most DLC as they can feel pointless but this one was cool and had a good second half and ending.

Downloaded the demo right after and noticed a great detail in it for people who have beaten the original game/crisis core. You can feel the attention to detail they are putting into the games.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 18 Feb 2024 - 11:04

Thimmy wrote:

I haven't played the demo, but I'm happy with how they've modernized the soundtrack based on what has been released to the public so far. Can't wait to play it in a little over a week Very Happy

This guy's channel is great. Discovered it a while back and was happy to see he eventually got to interview Uematsu and gets called to Square's events for previews and reviews.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 18 Feb 2024 - 17:07

I've been a subscriber of his for some time now. I enjoy his content Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 18 Feb 2024 - 17:43

rincon wrote:I just finished the intermission DLC for the first time. Pleasantly surprised, I'm not a fan of most DLC as they can feel pointless but this one was cool and had a good second half and ending.

Downloaded the demo right after and noticed a great detail in it for people who have beaten the original game/crisis core. You can feel the attention to detail they are putting into the games.

I generally avoid all DLC (few exceptions) was tempted to play Intergrade but needed a break after Infinte Wealth...hope I don't miss out on anything integral to the story.

Played through the demo for Rebirth. Hyped for full release, seems like an absurd amount of content based on the state of play showcase.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 18 Feb 2024 - 18:11

I needed a break from Infinite Wealth, myself. I’ve been playing Granblue Fantasy Relink instead, and I’ve yet to finish IW. What’s your opinion on it, now that you’ve played through it?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 18 Feb 2024 - 21:59

Firenze wrote:
rincon wrote:I just finished the intermission DLC for the first time. Pleasantly surprised, I'm not a fan of most DLC as they can feel pointless but this one was cool and had a good second half and ending.

I generally avoid all DLC (few exceptions) was tempted to play Intergrade but needed a break after Infinte Wealth...hope I don't miss out on anything integral to the story.

Played through the demo for Rebirth. Hyped for full release, seems like an absurd amount of content based on the state of play showcase.

Nothing integral, just an intro to Yuffie who is much more fleshed out now as a character and the introduction of Deepground (a Shinra special force like SOLDIER from Dirge of Cerberus).
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 13:11

Anyone playing it?

I'm on chapter 3, just starting. Trying to find every gap I can to play this but there isn't much time so far.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next