Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

+18
Pedram
El Gunner
VivaStPauli
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
FennecFox7
Nishankly
CBarca
Myesyats
Freeza
Unique
Young Kaz
Glory
Hapless_Hans
Thimmy
Blue
The Madrid One
Zagadka
22 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 am

This is just all around embarrasing. Race, race, race..... boring

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:31 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I got the same impression as Hans from that tweet. Mentioning white people initially, was necessary to highlight which race this particular issue concerns. Other than that, I think he does the diplomatically right thing in referring to them as part of "our" nation - a nation in which all races are included.

Fair play Thimmy.

Why doesnt he do this with ASIAN American issues though or even other groups who arent making the memes for him?

Are people of his ethnic makeup less American than he?

Hell, Native Americans kill themselves likes it going out of style. Why isnt this his tweet. He's playing right into right-wing identity politics.

I wouldn't know. I've watched a few interviews with him, but he's mostly been talking about economics, not race-related issues.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:06 am

Thimmy wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I got the same impression as Hans from that tweet. Mentioning white people initially, was necessary to highlight which race this particular issue concerns. Other than that, I think he does the diplomatically right thing in referring to them as part of "our" nation - a nation in which all races are included.

Fair play Thimmy.

Why doesnt he do this with ASIAN American issues though or even other groups who arent making the memes for him?

Are people of his ethnic makeup less American than he?

Hell, Native Americans kill themselves likes it going out of style. Why isnt this his tweet. He's playing right into right-wing identity politics.

I wouldn't know. I've watched a few interviews with him, but he's mostly been talking about economics, not race-related issues.

He told Mehdi Hassan the Neo-Nazis way of life is disintegrating, and apparently this concerns the man.

Certainly theres a reason neonazis like Richard Spencer have backed him? How many Asian men would a nazi back? One who will do their bidding and post tweets about white suicide while ignoring the own in his community. A man more concerned with another mans yard than his own. A man who, mostly for money lets be honest, is willing to sell his soul as an uncle chan. Unique calls men like this unworthy of respect, and I do believe in this case he is right.

Walking around with a "Math" hat like that doesnt peddle in the lowest common denominator of Asian stereotypes. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Honestly Yang, even in his peddling, thinks very little of white people when his shield comes down. He conflates the truck driver in middle america with a neo nazi. Its actually horrific to see. He's just doing it for money. A charlatan no different from the preacher begging poor people to donate for his plane. Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Myesyats wrote:This is just all around embarrasing. Race, race, race..... boring

Imagine how embarrassed Asians feel Laughing . All the problems in our community, and then we have to turn on the TV and see this fucking guy running around with a "Math" cap and tap dancing like bojangles about "Our" life expectancy while getting support from actual Nazis. You know....the type of guys who makes life a living hell for the average Asian in this country.

^^This is pretty much yang.

"Automation......concerned....1000 a month and stuff"

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:32 pm

you guys do know all politicians are coached on how to speak dont you. the reason they say us and we a lot is it includes anybody and everybody. also by saying us and we it makes people feel like you are on the same level as them and more likely to vote for you. if you say something like the people or them it sounds like you are separating yourself from the voters. its all about manipulating the people/voters. i am very good at manipulating people maybe i should have gone into politics. cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Unique wrote:you guys do know all politicians are coached on how to speak dont you. the reason they say us and we a lot is it includes anybody and everybody. also by saying us and we it makes people feel like you are on the same level as them and more likely to vote for you. if you say something like the people or them it sounds like you are separating yourself from the voters. its all about manipulating the people/voters. i am very good at manipulating people maybe i should have gone into politics. cheers

Can you show me where he has used "US" to refer to blacks?

Latinos?

Japanese Americans?

You wont find it.

I've known Chinese men like Yang all my life. Think because his Chinese parents spent some time in Taiwan, and that they got a job, that they were white.He'd get enough money and believe it too. He was bullied, and didnt like it, so he figured appeasement would save him. Like Neville Chamberlain figured out though you'd appease someone who doesnt respect you long enough and it isnt going to end in them respecting you. He's someone to laugh at:

"Look at that Asian man with his math hat"

and then hes a prop:

"I cant be racist for talking white replacement. Look at this Asian boy man say it!"

and then hes placed into the rubbish bin when he is no longer a useful idiot(Like Tila Tequila).

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:you guys do know all politicians are coached on how to speak dont you. the reason they say us and we a lot is it includes anybody and everybody. also by saying us and we it makes people feel like you are on the same level as them and more likely to vote for you. if you say something like the people or them it sounds like you are separating yourself from the voters. its all about manipulating the people/voters. i am very good at manipulating people maybe i should have gone into politics. cheers

Latinos?

Japanese Americans?

You wont find it.

I've known Chinese men like Yang all my life. Think because his Chinese parents spent some time in Taiwan, and that they got a job, that they were white.He'd get enough money and believe it too. He was bullied, and didnt like it, so he figured appeasement would save him. Like Neville Chamberlain figured out though you'd appease someone who doesnt respect you long enough and it isnt going to end in them respecting you. He's someone to laugh at:

and then hes a prop:

"I cant be racist for talking white replacement. Look at this Asian boy man say it!"

and then hes placed into the rubbish bin when he is no longer a useful idiot(Like Tila Tequila).
you still dont understand how the game is played do you. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Latinos?

Japanese Americans?

You wont find it.

and then hes a prop:

I think I summed up the game perfectly in my post.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Do you acknowledge any other sort of community than one based on the (socially constructed) concept of "race", at all?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Do you acknowledge any other sort of community than one based on the (socially constructed) concept of "race", at all?

Obviously I do, but this was a loaded question.

Every concept of "Community" is Socially constructed.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:43 pm

I can certainly see where Betty is coming from on that tweet. I mean, the way "our" is juxtaposed with the white birthrate going down is...interesting to say the least. Do I think it's intentional? I'm not sure. Do I disagree with Betty? I would say probably.

BUT the tweet is certainly worded weirdly.

Let me say this: if a white person tweeted this...let's say Beto or Buttigieg, or Warren (although it would get more attention if it were a white male). This tweet would be taken and looked at WAY differently. That's not to say that this is "reverse racism" (lol), but simply to say that I can absolutely see the angle that Betty is coming in from here.

Now I don't know jack shit about Yang or how he talks about race, so I'm not really going to get into a broader conversation. Just that the tweet has very interesting wording and I don't think Betty is coming in with some batshit crazy interpretation here.

Especially when you juxtapose that tweet with the Math hat and some of the other issues Betty brings up. Appreciated insight here
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Thimmy wrote:This has to be the most civil discussion I've seen between a progressive and a conservative.

I am in Strategy and this guy is a pure strategist. He knows the current trends by heart and how people COULD adapt to make a better future. I am very impressed.

BUT its easier said than done as always.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Also I think the fact that he needs facts and numbers to prove every point is going to weigh against him very soon.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Latinos?

Japanese Americans?

You wont find it.

and then hes a prop:

the problem you have when it comes to politicians is you think any of them care about you. they dont care about you the same way they dont care about anyone they only care about votes. the way you play the game is first you identify who are the majority. 2nd thing is you find out what they want from a politician and then you make false promises and tell them exactly what they want to hear. and thats how the game is played.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm

Yang is too smart for the American population. He's great but we have people who still can't point out Colombia on a map.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:21 pm

CBarca wrote:I can certainly see where Betty is coming from on that tweet. I mean, the way "our" is juxtaposed with the white birthrate going down is...interesting to say the least. Do I think it's intentional? I'm not sure. Do I disagree with Betty? I would say probably.

BUT the tweet is certainly worded weirdly.

Let me say this: if a white person tweeted this...let's say Beto or Buttigieg, or Warren (although it would get more attention if it were a white male). This tweet would be taken and looked at WAY differently. That's not to say that this is "reverse racism" (lol), but simply to say that I can absolutely see the angle that Betty is coming in from here.

Now I don't know jack shit about Yang or how he talks about race, so I'm not really going to get into a broader conversation. Just that the tweet has very interesting wording and I don't think Betty is coming in with some batshit crazy interpretation here.

Especially when you juxtapose that tweet with the Math hat and some of the other issues Betty brings up. Appreciated insight here

I can second that. Just think Betty gets too dug in.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:23 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Yang is too smart for the American population. He's great but we have people who still can't point out Colombia on a map.
yang over thinks things tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Unique wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Yang is too smart for the American population. He's great but we have people who still can't point out Colombia on a map.

He overthinks for an average human, his process of thinking is great and that is why he would be a great businessman and that is what we need in Politics now, the era of votebanks and religious politics has to finish asap.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:38 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:

He overthinks for an average human, his process of thinking is great and that is why he would be a great businessman and that is what we need in Politics now, the era of votebanks and religious politics has to finish asap.
he would make a piss poor politician. his biggest draw back is he has morals. his 2nd draw back is he would target the minority. he will one day make a great father and family man but he will never make a great politician.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:53 pm

Not disagreeing there, the world is too dumb to follow the right people.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Nishankly wrote:Not disagreeing there, the world is too dumb to follow the right people.
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:56 am

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:

the problem you have when it comes to politicians is you think any of them care about you. they dont care about you the same way they dont care about anyone they only care about votes. the way you play the game is first you identify who are the majority. 2nd thing is you find out what they want from a politician and then you make false promises and tell them exactly what they want to hear. and thats how the game is played.

You're right

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:57 am

Lets hope his two sons are too, because they will have to score a standard deviation higher than white students to get into the exact same college.

Of course Yang wont tweet about that Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:12 am

Just another Tech Bro Sleep
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Just another Tech Bro Sleep

He's going to lose half his tech bro vote when they realize he doesnt have any daughters they can get with Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:17 am

More worried about who now? Laughing Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next