Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

+18
Pedram
El Gunner
VivaStPauli
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
FennecFox7
Nishankly
CBarca
Myesyats
Freeza
Unique
Young Kaz
Glory
Hapless_Hans
Thimmy
Blue
The Madrid One
Zagadka
22 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ??? Empty Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

Post by Zagadka Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Unreal how I hadn't even heard of this guy since his appearance on Joe Rogen...

His campaign is taking off bigly, he was great on Tucker last week as well. Will defo have enough donations to make it to dem primary debates in June 2019.

His main campaign goal is around dangers of AI, the bleak impacts of automation and how it could bring in societal and economic disaster and how it'll displace millions of jobs; he also proposes providing $1000/month as UBI, and stop US warmongering around the world (only Tulsi and maybe Bernie out of other candidates advocate this too)...but he also said he's bomb Russia cuz of internet memes, so that's where I'm not sure where he stands. Other than that he's talking about issues and things no other Dem candidate is talking about and he has such a cool factor and authenticity that a lot of others don't. His follower count and engagement is going so up on Twitter last 2 weeks. I'm monitoring very closely! Not wanna brag, but I was one of very few people that in 2015 said Trump has a great  chance at becoming president because of the "cool outsider" "meme" and enthusiasm of his fans factor....and boy my belly is now feeling the same with YANG !  Cool

Also, his MEME game is off the charts on Twitter. One of the reasons Donaldo won in 2016 was the supreme meme games on social media, but since he's been mostly a limped dick with broken promises, lots of his fans and enthusiasts are jumping the train and catching a ticket to the #YANGGANG !! lots of seasoned memesters that memed Trump to presidency in 2016 have already switched alliance and have opted for the YANG2020 !!

Just something to keep an eye on.

Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ??? Andrew-yang-2020-collision-conference

Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ??? Empty Re: Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

Post by The Madrid One Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:39 pm

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ??? Empty Re: Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

Post by Blue Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:58 am

Zagadka wrote:stop US warmongering around the world (only Tulsi and maybe Bernie out of other candidates advocate this too)

Tulsi does not advocate against warmongering, she just advocate against using troops. She is all for using excessive drones and other tactics that does not employ troops. She was an Army medic, who only saw the casualties from the US standpoint. She never really grasped the destruction of war on the the innocents and bystanders of war; the civilians and infrastructure that are destructed due to it.

Berine, Warren, and others are much more against current US interventions.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:09 am

This has to be the most civil discussion I've seen between a progressive and a conservative.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:24 am

Thimmy wrote:This has to be the most civil discussion I've seen between a progressive and a conservative.

Very good interview.
There are a number of reasons why this works so well.
First of all, the interviewer is coherent, the questions are exact, pointed and intelligent in the sense that they are connected to previous answers and a desire to find out things about the topics discussed.
It may be a confrontotative, critical agenda (the guy is a massive right wing douche after all), but not one trying to promote denial or slander.

Also, you see Yang takes his time to actually lay out arguments and thoughts, and not reiterate message, message, message, message, message, message, as politicians running for office usually do. It has to do with the format, and time, as I write below; but it also might be because Yang is not a politician. Let's hope he doesn't become one during the campaign, and then in a years time his interview will be robotic messaging and rousing phrases as other politicians are drilled to give like zombies, in order to streamline messaging and minimize the chance of 'gaffes' or uncontrolled coverage.

And then the biggest factor is of course time.
These people have time to calmly talk, and also have time to let the other finish. They are not interrupting.
This is fantastic, and it's not usually happening in TV debates where the doctrine seems to be to claw your way into speech time, and claw through the speech time of others.

Many times Shapire in a question does somewhat 'mischaracterize' Yang's proposals in the effort to argue against them, and you can see Yang reacting to that facially, but he does not interrupt, like "..no no that's not correct..", he waits until the question is finished and then answers.
In turn, Shapiro lets Yang answer fully and then proceeds.

This is so important, it raises the whole level of the conversation, as everyone is forced to take counterarguments more seriously in terms of substance, as they decided to take them seriously in terms of time.
That leads to the whole thing being much more coherent and productive than your usual interviews.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:36 am

How is he going to pay 1000$ to every citizen tho? 2 Trillion it amounts to a year. Shocked

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:30 pm

It might be worth the risk, in the long term. Like he says, he's not so naïve that he thinks everyone will spend the money wisely, but it may get more people back on the right track, and that will benefit everyone. There are a lot of American, working class citizens who can't find the motivation to become a part of the workforce, because they find themselves in a depressing spiral of debt and social isolation, and there is a lot to gain if a fraction of those people spend some of the money to better themselves, rather than being content with the relative comfort of their situation and making no effort to upheave the status quo. I agree with Hans in that Yang's appeal is that he's not a politician or a robotic diplomat, but I'd be surprised if that doesn't change as he delves into the life of politics.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Thimmy wrote:This has to be the most civil discussion I've seen between a progressive and a conservative.

What topics are discussed?
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:46 pm

"Our life expectancy"

Imagine voting for a guy who focuses on this, when his own kids will have to score 30-40 points higher to get into the same school as a white kid....."Our Life expectancy" Laughing

Just another Uncle Chan.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:52 pm

Young Kaz wrote:

"Our life expectancy"

Imagine voting for a guy who focuses on this, when his own kids will have to score 30-40 points higher to get into the same school as a white kid....."Our Life expectancy" Laughing

Just another Uncle Chan.
the guy knows his place on the food chain Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:54 pm

With "our life expectancy", doesn't he mean that of all Americans? And what could you possibly find offensive about this wording, coming from a candidate for US PRESIDENT?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

"Our life expectancy"

Just another Uncle Chan.
the guy knows his place on the food chain Very Happy

He really does Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:06 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:With "our life expectancy", doesn't he mean that of all Americans? And what could you possibly find offensive about this wording, coming from a candidate for US PRESIDENT?

its a dog whistle for the great replacement theory that nazis love so much. Hence his popularity with such groups.

I've been up and down his twitter page. He has never referred to Japanese(or any other Asian group from what I see) Americans as "Our". He's dogwhistling to gain the votes of racists.

This is uncle channing. Thats like the slave, when his master is sick, asking "Is we's sick now boss?". Its embarrassing.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:18 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:With "our life expectancy", doesn't he mean that of all Americans?  And what could you possibly find offensive about this wording, coming from a candidate for US PRESIDENT?

its a dog whistle for the great replacement theory that nazis love so much. Hence his popularity with such groups.

I've been up and down his twitter page. He has never referred to Japanese(or any other Asian group from what I see) Americans as "Our". He's dogwhistling to gain the votes of racists.

This is uncle channing. Thats like the slave, when his master is sick, asking "Is we's sick now boss?". Its embarrassing.

I'm going to take your word for it.

However, I'm not completely clear on why a Taiwanese-American would need to refer to Japanese-Americans as "we" scratch

Also, I will reiterate that maybe you spend too much time on Twitter
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:22 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:With "our life expectancy", doesn't he mean that of all Americans? And what could you possibly find offensive about this wording, coming from a candidate for US PRESIDENT?

I'm going to take your word for it.

However, I'm not completely clear on why a Taiwanese-American would need to refer to Japanese-Americans as "we" scratch

Same reason he would refer to white Americans as "Our"

He's Chinese. He doesnt have one drop of European blood in his body, but has no problem to refer to their struggles(Which isnt reflective of Asian Americans at all. Chinese birthrate in this country remains steady, and Chinese Americans are growing) as "Our"...what does this say about him.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:27 pm

He didn't refer to white Americans specifically. He refered to Americans.

The life expectancy of AMERICANS has gone down 3 years in a row. Hence, "our".

No?

Do you acknowledge any other sort of community than one based on the (socially constructed) concept of "race", at all?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:29 pm

You've been wilding ever since you came back.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:He didn't refer to white Americans specifically. He refered to Americans.

The life expectancy of AMERICANS has gone down 3 years in a row. Hence, "our".

No?

Do you acknowledge any other sort of community than one based on the (socially constructed) concept of "race", at all?

Hans did you read the tweet?

"Deaths now outnumber births among white people in more than half the states in the country. Much of this is low birth rates and white men dying from substance abuse and suicide"

White is the racial element that he put in his tweet. And also if we are looking at racial groups it isnt true. The substance abuse issue isnt an Asian American problem at all because it hits areas where Asians dont live in large numbers and when they do live there they are segregated from the dealers and users. There are more Chinese people than ever as citizens thanks to immigrants coming over and having kids too. He says "Our" like it means him. He might as well be a neo nazi with that rhetoric.

You cant say he didnt make it racial when his tweet drops in the racial element. Especially when you know he would never say something like that in terms of problem that face people actually in his community. he cant get cheap memes from white nationalists if he does that though.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 pm

Freeza wrote:You've been wilding ever since you came back.

Smile

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:19 pm

I got the same impression as Hans from that tweet. Mentioning white people initially, was necessary to highlight which race this particular issue concerns. Other than that, I think he does the diplomatically right thing in referring to them as part of "our" nation - a nation in which all races are included.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:26 pm

Thimmy wrote:I got the same impression as Hans from that tweet. Mentioning white people initially, was necessary to highlight which race this particular issue concerns. Other than that, I think he does the diplomatically right thing in referring to them as part of "our" nation - a nation in which all races are included.

Fair play Thimmy.

Why doesnt he do this with ASIAN American issues though or even other groups who arent making the memes for him?

Are people of his ethnic makeup less American than he?

Hell, Native Americans kill themselves likes it going out of style. Why isnt this his tweet. He's playing right into right-wing identity politics.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:32 pm

I mean, in some way he obviously does, else Sepi wouldn't have made this thread... Laughing

Can't dismiss your insinuations completely

Still, I watched a couple of interviews with the guy and I would be surprised if he does so as a conscious strategy and also I can't imagine it would be a smart strategy for a Democratic primary
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I mean, in some way he obviously does, else Sepi wouldn't have made this thread... Laughing

Can't dismiss your insinuations completely

Still, I watched a couple of interviews with the guy and I would be surprised if he does so as a conscious strategy and also I can't imagine it would be a smart strategy for a Democratic primary

To be president? Sure it would be a bad move but we must remember running for president is an audition for other roles.

Coming out as a jr libertarian talking about white birth rate as a tech bro in silicon valley? Very smart move. Guys like Peter Thiel will give him the second look he wouldnt give another Chinese man in that part of town. This is a very smart move if hes trying to make a brand elsewhere in the future. He knows this too as he only does well in very specific circumstances. He did very bad on News Hours(the public broadcasting news program in America) and he did similar on the syndicated Hip Hop morning show on the breakfast club when he pretty much equated African American policy with Prison reform...to which the host asked him"Why does everybody think every black person is in jail(Yang couldnt answer Laughing ). Yang does well on Libertarian shows, which is always popular with the 18-35 internet user. Hence the popularity with the me crowd. He isnt a stupid man either, and he plays to this audience as seen with that tweet. Yang would never ever make a tweet with focus on others because libertarianism doesnt pander to this crowd. That makes him an uncle chan.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:53 pm

I thought the white man in America lived a privileged life. Sounds like a shit load of them are turning to drugs and suicide things cant be that great for them then.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 am

This is just all around embarrasing. Race, race, race..... boring
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next