RealGunner
McLewis
Cruijf
rincon
Freeza
25 posters

Page 18 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:32 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I watched Thor: Ragnarok last night.

The Hulk and Thor interactions were insanely hilarious.

I've only really got End Game, Dr Strange, Black Panther, Civil War and Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 of the films i have left i want to bother with.

My order is definitely going to be the strangest in history of mankind though.

How are you not gunna watch the best Marvel film in Infinity War.

I truly recommend watching Civil War, Infinity War and then Endgame to get the real Russo Brothers experience. You won't be disappointed.

On the side, if you wanna watch a GOTG movie, watch the first one

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:02 am

I've seen it lol, i did say my ordering is the weirdest mankind has ever seen lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:06 pm

Winter Soldier >> Civil War in that Russo experience, but anyway you cant go wrong with the Russos.

And what is this hate for GOTG2. One of the top mcu movies.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:21 pm

Infinite War has already aged badly for me.

Winter Soldier is great though
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Infinity war is fantastic. In the top 5 for me.

Winter Soldier, IW and Endgame in my top 5. The Russos were huge for the mcu.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:28 pm

Just saw all the CC news.

Phase 4 is looking really weird. Feige/marvel dont give a fuck about normality anymore and are going all out. Just the titles of the movie tell you so. I like it, they have totally wok my trust.

Dr Strange MM is probably my #1 hype this phase, that or The Eternals.

Phase 5 does seem significantly heavier with BP2, GOTG3, CM2, Fantastic 4, Blade and X Men.

Hope phase 4 pleasantly surprised me, I have no hype for Black Widow and minimum hype for some of the shows (bound to grow if the first show delivers though).

Blade is gonna be amazing.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Freeza wrote:Infinite War has already aged badly for me.

I don't see how, i watched it like 3 weeks ago and i thought it was great.

Haven't seen anything else yet which is better but i still have 5 films to see.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:28 pm

Finally watched Venom

Pretty decent tbh but nothing special. It would have been a lot worse without Hardy though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:43 pm

I watched End Game last night, was great but nowhere close to Infinity War imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:28 pm

Ladssssssssssss

Spiderman out of MCU ffs

Raimi pls respond
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:06 pm

Raimi's films are pretty trash. 2 is the only one that's still watchable.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:13 pm

you are trash

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:you are trash

True. Not relevant in this case though.

Just hope Phil Lord has some say in the live action stuff too. Don't want to lose these characters.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:27 pm

What a way to ruin a good thing. Just when spiderman got awesome.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Disney showing they’re nothing but pure greed tbh. This was 100% a move to kill off Sony. Sony don’t need Disney, so that deal wouldn’t make sense to make at all.

Spider-Man will make money either way. Hell, Venom made just as much as Homecoming, so I don’t see how that warrants a better deal for Disney. Especially going from 5 to 50%
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:48 pm

Wait, how is this Disney being greedy when they are the ones making the movie? Sony is doing nothing and expecting to get 95% of the money. Disney-made spiderman 2 is the highest grossing Sony movie of all time, and they go and screw the deal.

Sony is thinking that they dont need the mcu and that they will be successful anyway. Last 2 spiderman franchises were either bad from the start or ruined by sequels. 3 movie series/reboots in like 15 years.

Now we will get a spiderman film totally disjointed from its predecessor in tone and content. The character is poised for irrelevance again.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:57 pm

You do realise all the Raimi films were more successful adjusted for inflation, right?

They don’t need MCU to be successful, Venom showed that. It wasn’t a good movie and it made just as much money as Homecoming.

Why should Sony bend over for Disney whose sole strategy is to make other studios go under. They fight dirty to become a monopoly and respect to Sony for actually standing their ground.

From a business standpoint it would make no sense to give Disney a crazy deal like that.

They can easily make a great movie without Feige if they keep the team around. I think Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers are the most important ones for the franchise right now. Also don’t see how Disney made the entire film lol. Sony has plenty producers on the films, and all crew actors etc are freelancers.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:02 pm

Also another point:

A Spider-Man film has never made less than $700m.
Sony almost makes all of that now. If Disney were to get 50% of it, then movies would have to make $1.4b every time, which won’t happen.

Disney’s offer was clearly in bad faith and they forced Sony to back out imo.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:18 pm

Freeza wrote:Also don’t see how Disney made the entire film lol.

Because they did. That was their deal they, licensed the character and Disney made the movie.

You are saying that Sony receiving 95% of the money from a movie they didn't fully make is fair, and that everything else is in bad faith? They are literally disregarding any creative integrity of the movie series because they believe that they can make more money by pulling it out of it's existing context. How is this not the greedy move? You are even saying it yourself, that they are not producing good movies, and that they are making this decision from a business standpoint.

How is Disney being the greedier company here?

If they don't figure it out, all this will result is in worse films for the spiderman franchise. Another pointless reboot. As viewers this is a loss.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:27 pm

So what you’re saying is that Sony should give up billions because Marvel makes better movies.

Yeah, hard to argue against that logic.

Also can’t agree with Disney having made “the entire film”. Artist made the film, and this is no longer golden era Hollywood. Creators aren’t studio owned. Whatever Disney’s involvement with the franchise is, it does not and can’t possibly warrant a 50/50 split deal.

Sony doesn’t have the luxury to make a deal like this. Their situation is not as secure as Disney’s.

Also find it absolutely baffling how you can think Disney is doing this for creative reasons and not to try and hustle Sony and make them less competitive in the long run. This negotiation was a clear attack.

Disney could’ve probably gotten a better deal for themselves. But Sony paid for, and produced both Holland Spider-Man movies, and Disney shouldn’t get 50% for letting lending their brand to the
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:29 pm

Freeza wrote:So what you’re saying is that Sony should give up billions because Marvel makes better movies.

No, I'm saying how do you as an spectator blame the other party for greed and defend Sony Laughing what do you gain?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:33 pm

rincon wrote:
Freeza wrote:So what you’re saying is that Sony should give up billions because Marvel makes better movies.

No, I'm saying how do you as an spectator blame the other party for greed and defend Sony Laughing what do you gain?

And you said “way to ruin a good thing”. Doesn’t make sense for you to blame Sony, when they literally wanted to keep the exact same good thing going. But instead they were offered a deal that was not feasible at all.

Wanting to be paid 50% for a product you don’t own, made by freelancers is greedy.

If a deal like that should be reasonable, I’d suggest Sony should get 50% of the money made from Spider-Man merch, from which Disney gets 100%.

You don’t think Disney is only motivated by greed? They’re trying to monopolise big movies.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:40 pm

Of course they are motivated by greed. All big corporations like that are, but this conversation started with you saying this
Freeza wrote:Disney showing they’re nothing but pure greed tbh. This was 100% a move to kill off Sony. Sony don’t need Disney, so that deal wouldn’t make sense to make at all.
How is it possible to see that one side is greedy but the other isn't?

You are writing pretty much the exact opposite of how this Disney/Sony deal is reported everywhere. By every source, these are movies that Disney made. They produced them, under the oversight of Kevin Feige, at Marvel Studios, within the MCU. The movies are 100% built into, and by, marvel studios. Disney "didn't lend their brand" to the films, they produced them and made integrally within their marvel series. Sony licenses the character to Disney, Disney makes the movie, Sony pays for it and gets the profits.

All this "made by freelancers" is just misrepresenting how it works. It's still produced by a studio who is scouting and hiring all these people. There is a reason why the MCU is on the hot streak that is in, while Sony strung Spiderman 3, the two garfield spiderman movies, and Venom in a row, a quartet of mediocrity.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:51 pm

One side is greedy because they own like what. More than 50% of the world’s box office. They’ve got a good deal going with Sony, a company who isn’t well off financially in regards to their profits in movies. I’d call any company feasting on smaller studios greedy.

A 50/50 deal with Marvel isn’t a real 50/50 deal because they’d still make all the money from toys, lunchboxes etc. It’s be more like a 80/20 deal I guess.

Also it’s public record who made the movies.

It’s Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Marvel Studios
And Any Pascal

They’re distributed by Sony

I can’t really see how any of this indicates that Marvel made everything a success. Especially the marketing and distribution was 100% Sony, and we all know how much good marketing and distribution means to make a film successful.

Marvel just has incredible PR overall.
People are gonna kill Sony for this, despite them doing the only thing that made sense business-wise.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:54 pm

The first Andrew Garfield Spider-Man is good. Into the Spider-Verse is great. And Sony had a big role in producing the Spider-Man video game.

They have figured Spider-Man out since TASM2 imo. The big reason for that movie failing was in huge part because Marc Webb is an atrocious hack of a director. Guess they could learn something from that
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:00 am

Just watched Push (2009)... good god that’s terrible. Chris Evans really loved these trash Superhero movies before he hit it big Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next